+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 4 8 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Robinson arrested

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Tommy Robinson arrested

Geert Wilders is heading to London next Saturday for the big Tommy Robinson protest in Whitehall 2nd June, with his declaration of intent:

=============================================
    GEERT WILDERS: I am Coming to London to Protest for Tommy Robinson

The media gag order has been lifted, but the incarceration of Tommy Robinson remains a stain on the reputation of the United Kingdom. We will not rest until Robinson is free!
    Nine years ago, I had the “privilege” of being banned from entering the United Kingdom. Though the leader of a major democratically elected political party in the Netherlands, I am also an outspoken critic of Islam.

That is why I am on the death list of several Islamic organizations and have been forced to live under 24/7 police protection for almost fourteen years. And that is also the real reason why the then British government deemed me a danger to public security. The elites all over Western Europe fear the wrath of Islam.

I managed to have the ban overturned in court, but, since then, numerous other Islam critics, such as my courageous American friends Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller, both of them indomitable advocates of freedom and democracy, have also been banned from entering Britain.

George Orwell wrote in the preface to Animal Farm that “if liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they don’t want to hear.” In Western Europe, today, cowardly authorities want to deprive people like myself, Robert and Pamela and others, of the right to tell our fellow citizens “what Islam doesn’t want them to hear.”

75 years ago, people all over Europe clandestinely listened to the BBC to hear the voice of Winston Churchill. His voice was the voice of liberty, the voice of courageous resistance against Nazi totalitarianism. Churchill, by the way, had no illusions about Islam, either. He said there exists “no stronger retrograde force in the world” than Islam and called Hitler’s vile anti-Semitic book Mein Kampf a “new Koran of faith and war”.

I know a British citizen, today, who is as staunch a freedom fighter as Winston Churchill was, who holds the same opinion on Islam and is not afraid to say so. His name is Tommy Robinson.

Tommy Robinson was arrested on 25 May outside Leeds Crown Court after using social media to broadcast details of an ongoing trial which was subject to reporting restrictions. He was arrested, brought before a judge, and sentenced within five hours. The judge ordered a media ban on his arrest and imprisonment, even forcing British publications to delete their articles about the case.

Such measures are common practice in North Korea and Saudi Arabia. It is sad to see how Britain, the cradle of Western democracy and the rule of law, is fast descending into tyranny.

Following massive protests on social media, demonstrations in Whitehall, a legal challenge by two publishers, and huge international attention for the case, the British authorities lifted the media ban. But Tommy Robinson has remained imprisoned, despite over half a million people signing a petition for his release.

Even those who do not defend Robinson’s actions are appalled by the hypocrisy surrounding the case. Robinson was arrested for “breaching of the peace” and convicted for “contempt of court,” because he was reporting about an Islamic grooming gang of 29 suspects, who are suspected of dozens of rapes, including of children. The case is similar to an earlier case in Rotherham where Pakistani and Afghani gangs abused more than 1,400 children and girls, but the authorities ignored the victims because of what a damning official report later called “misplaced political correctness.”

Maajid Nawaz, founder of the think tank Quilliam and a former member of the radical Islamic group Hizb ut-Tahrir, dryly commented to Robinson’s arrest and swift conviction: “I just wished those young girls [victims of predominantly Pakistani-Muslim grooming gangs] had seen justice served for them as fast as the judge served Tommy Robinson justice in this case.”

Author and former Breitbart London editor Raheem Kassam, who was raised as a Muslim, warns of the “police state” that Britain was rapidly becoming. “The stakes for [the elite] are pretty high, but for us they are immeasurable. We don’t have anything to lose. They’ve taken everything from us already. They’ve stripped us of our rights, they’ve stripped us of our dignity, and they strip us our money. Now, they seek to strip us of the last thing we have to fight them: our words. Our speech.”

Tommy Robinson is a working-class man, who can no longer stand how the original population of England is oppressed by Islam. The latter enjoys the protection from the multiculturalist politically-correct Islamophile ruling class. Tommy Robinson wants to break the taboos this class imposes on society, and he was punished for it.

But Tommy embodies the hope of many, whose voices are not heard. That is why I stand with him. Tommy is a hero. It is a disgrace that he is still in jail. I have been invited to a major protest demonstration in London next week, and I will be coming. Free Tommy now!

Geert Wilders MP is the leader of the Party for Freedom (PVV), the second largest party in the Dutch Parliament

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), BMJ (5th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Lettherebelight (10th June 2018), Melinda (3rd June 2018), Mike (3rd June 2018)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks

And my last Tommy Robinson post of the day...

This is the man the British establishment are trying to silence! His last interview 2 days before he was arrested. A very powerful interview, which actually gave me goosebumps in places. This just confirms his place as a personal hero of mine, not for his political views or his activism, just for his ability to speak raw truth and get his message across passionately, fearlessly and to stay smiling, joyful and upbeat while confronting the most challenging adversities.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), BMJ (5th June 2018), edina (3rd June 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), Lettherebelight (10th June 2018), Melinda (3rd June 2018), Nasu (14th June 2018)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Thanks, Jayke!! Excellent! For about 10 years I worked for an Islamic female Dr. She called me one evening after her husband had been beating her. Then she called me again another evening wanting to know what could be legally done as one of her friends was being beaten.

It all goes back to the brainwashing we receive during childhood! Most people do not employ critical thinking; I know I didn't for about 70 years of my life....just kept accepting what had been programmed into me as a child.

This lady is a highly intelligent woman; she too is following what was ingrained in her during childhood. There is no difference between her life & my own, which was from a fundamentalist Baptistic background. We both allowed abuse because of our "religion"!!

It is SO sad, isn't it?!! Kudos to TR for going to the source & finding out about Islamic teachings. Reminds me of what was posted here recently concerning Valerie Jarrett's 1977 comment....that she would use America's "freedom of religion" against itself to introduce Islam. Take over from the inside! Well....we DID have a Muslim Pres. for 8 years, didn't we?!!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), BMJ (5th June 2018), edina (3rd June 2018), happyuk (4th June 2018), Jayke (3rd June 2018), Lettherebelight (10th June 2018), Melinda (3rd June 2018), Nasu (14th June 2018), panpravda (10th June 2018), Spiral (8th June 2018)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Is Tommie still in jail?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), BMJ (9th June 2018), Jayke (10th June 2018), Melinda (10th June 2018)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Is Tommie still in jail?
    He’s 2 weeks into a 13 month sentence and this is how the British establishment are handling the protests that are occurring. I don’t think their head is coming out of the E.U.’s ass anytime soon, so no doubt they’ll just carry on ignoring the issues for another 6 months, until Tommy can be released early for good behaviour.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), BMJ (9th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th June 2018), Lettherebelight (10th June 2018), Melinda (10th June 2018), Nasu (14th June 2018), Noelle (11th June 2018)

11. Link to Post #66
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 times in 444 posts

There is so much to be said both about the man known as Tommy Robinson (who, like all of us, is flawed) and the subjects surrounding his work. 

Twice I’ve tried to draft a post for this thread, but it is such a complex subject that the first attempt came in at over 10 (A4) pages, the second at around 4 (A4) pages, and I still don’t feel they’re as good as this topic deserves.

I have (in alphabetical order) Christians, Jews and Muslims in my family, in addition to having long-standing friends from all those religious backgrounds, and I wish for the world to be a place where people of all skins colours, nationalities, faiths etc can live harmoniously and in peace.  A world in which all people can find the courage and the tools, and apply the critical thinking, to question our belief systems and the political forces / agendas that pit us against each other.  

Having watched hours of footage of Robinson / his work, and read plenty of articles about him and the topics he covers, and listened online to black people and Asians who’ve met him (or who know others who’ve met him) and who choose to support him, I don’t believe Robinson to be a racist, and whilst I may not agree with everything he says or does, I do think that there are some serious questions surrounding the agenda behind his imprisonment.

There are non-white, articulate Muslim women who bravely discuss their criticisms of Islam, and their experience of the violent or oppressive elements that are supported by certain Islamic communities / temples / schools around the world. Women who have their own perspective, having lived within that culture, on why they feel it is dangerous. So even if you don't support the critics of Islam who you deem to be white racist, far-right 'troublemakers,' I don't think you can reasonably cast those women, some of whom are African or middle-eastern, as being racist or wilfully ignorant because of their views.

I went down to the Free Tommy march in London yesterday for various reasons including :

1)  To pray for all affected by the issues he raises, incl. Muslims and non-Muslims, civilians and police, the victims of the crimes that Robinson has worked to bring to light, and for Robinson himself – and to set the intention for the highest good of all.

2)  To give support
    for those, including Robinson, brave enough to question both the mainstream press and the authorities’ handling of the gang rape crimes that fuelled some of Robinson’s activism.  Even the mainstream press has covered how an unsettling number of those crimes were badly handled by authorities, thereby letting down the victims and the victims who came after them.

3)  To photograph the march.

Point number 3 is the main reason I am posting, because I was saddened to see elements of the mainstream media painting a biased picture of the entire march, by focusing on the minority of trouble-makers.

I was there.  I walked amidst the crowd of (reportedly) tens of thousands from Trafalgar Square to Whitehall for hours, and it was a predominantly peaceful and positive atmosphere.  But I left around 4:30pm, and I gather that trouble started after that.

The issues that Robinson has tried to raise through his work are not going to go away simply by trying to silence or dismiss him.

I’ve written to my local MP about his case, complex as it may be, and I hope that he is freed soon. If he ever does anything to make me regret that I'll gladly change my mind.

I also hope that he continues to develop his journalistic work for as long as he feels compelled, talking to victims of crimes / oppression who wish to speak out, and Muslims who, like him, also wish to question the political factions within Islam who are doing damage.  None of which can dismiss / excuse the non-Muslim forces in the world who do tremendous damage.  You would think that would go without saying, but on a topic as sensitive as this I can’t be sure what people will assume about biases behind my thinking.  If I were to start listing all the problems with the world's Atheist, Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Satanist etc criminal elements just to put this post in some sort of safe or unbiased context it would turn into pages of text.

Personally, I don’t subscribe to any religion, but I do believe in a higher power which you could call God or Divine Source.

And with that in mind, below are just some of the photos I took yesterday, as I prayed for a goodness in alignment with all our highest interest.

Wishing peace and love to all

Always

Last edited by Melinda; 10th June 2018 at 23:39. Reason: Spelling correction

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Melinda For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Bill Ryan (10th June 2018), BMJ (11th June 2018), David Trd1 (11th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th June 2018), Jayke (11th June 2018), Nasu (14th June 2018), Noelle (11th June 2018), sunwings (12th June 2018), Valerie Villars (11th June 2018)

13. Link to Post #67
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    [I]"Tommy Robinson" is NOT a journalist he is a "Luton Mig" football (Soccer) Hooligan, A member of right wing group that call themselves the English Defence League, Ex British National Party member & a self-confessed Zionist.
    You may not be saying this, but I've seen lots of others try to make the case that we shouldn't care about Tommy Robinson because he's pro-Zionist.

I appreciate the information, but locking him up with a bunch of Muslims who want to kill him is no better than Stalin sending dissidents off to gulags in Siberia. It's an extremely dangerous precedent and exactly the kind of thing you see in communist dictatorships.

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Growing in strength and numbers especially since 9/11.
    9/11 is what first woke me up too. Or rather, seeing a documentary about it back around 2003.

I'm happy to see 9/11 popping back up in the news and popular consciousness lately. We are definitely going to have to revisit that one, and if the Bush cartel survives that long without suicides, they need to hang for it.

Trump said from the first day that he suspected bombs were in the buildings. He said this directly to media at the time. He knows.

Quote Posted by Melinda (here)
    I have (in alphabetical order) Christians, Jews and Muslims in my family, in addition to having long-standing friends from all those religious backgrounds, and I wish for the world to be a place where people of all skins colours, nationalities, faiths etc can live harmoniously and in peace.  A world in which all people can find the courage and the tools, and apply the critical thinking, to question our belief systems and the political forces / agendas that pit us against each other.
    That all sounds fine, except for one thing: you can't put all of these very different people into the same neighborhood and expect everything to be peachy. Muslims in particular have a very strong hatred for Jews and openly attack them on the streets in Europe. That should be the first clue, if all the gang raping isn't, that multiculturalism has serious problems. This is why nations invented borders in the first place, because there were a lot of invasions and violence going on that we got tired of dealing with, so we established frontiers for defense against "migrants."

Islam teaches things about women that go deeply against the Renaissance and Enlightenment philosophies of the West, as you seem to already appreciate. They literally see women as property. I don't think tolerating their behavior in our western communities is "progress," especially when they are allowed to do basically whatever they want with relative impunity. If people want to tolerate this behavior then let them tolerate it from a safe distance, like from the Middle East.

In fact, Tommy Robinson got a harsher sentence for reporting on the rape gang, than the rapists themselves. This is progress alright, but towards what end?

Quote Point number 3 is the main reason I am posting, because I was saddened to see elements of the mainstream media painting a biased picture of the entire march, by focusing on the minority of trouble-makers.

I was there.  I walked amidst the crowd of (reportedly) tens of thousands from Trafalgar Square to Whitehall for hours, and it was a predominantly peaceful and positive atmosphere.  But I left around 4:30pm, and I gather that trouble started after that.
    I understand where you're coming from, and it's very natural that you feel this way. What if, however, the peaceful demonstrations resulted in nothing and your country continued to go down a very dark path until it reached the point where in your gut you know that your children will lead miserable lives, nowhere near the quality of life you got to enjoy, and the entire country may be permanently ruined. You don't want to reach that point, and you can't depend on the government itself to suddenly have a change of heart by its own free will, because that's not realistic.

This is what men have always fought for: to defend their families and the lifestyle they enjoy. On a very basic level men are wired for this. Women are wired for being nurturing and compassionate and are naturally much more averse to warfare than men, but that doesn't mean we should try to deny and suppress the nature of masculinity as many today want to do. Taking either side out of the equation leads to very problematic energetic imbalances in the family and in wider society, exactly as we are seeing today with all of these weak beta males who are too afraid to even raise their voices in public as Tommy has done. Because so few men have courage like this anymore, Tommy was easily singled out and arrested. Only then did more men begin to stand up and make their presence known.

I was happy that the rowdy men I saw on video were relatively peaceful. But I was also happy that they are beginning to really show their rage and numbers to the police. 20,000 angry Englishmen could cause serious damage to London. That is the size of a small army. They could completely overwhelm the police forces if they wanted to (especially as emasculated as the British police themselves have become), and if they were still armed like we Americans are, they could even seize government buildings very easily. I'm not saying they should actually do that, but just the threat of it is enough to make the government think twice about how rowdy it really wants to get. Just asking them nicely isn't going to cut it.
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 11th June 2018 at 05:24.

14. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

Thank you, Melinda, for your thoughtful post & for the pictures! That was great you could be there!

Having worked for a female Muslim doctor here in the U.S., I have had a close up view of how their daily lives play out & the second rate status given to even highly intelligent women such as this doctor. Not a belief system I wish to live in; even though my own Christian fundamentalist upbringing had produced a similar situation in my own life.

I enjoyed your post, Voice. Seemed well thought out! Remember how in our own history, back in the 1800's the Mormons were driven out of IL because of a "different" lifestyle?!

Christian fundamentalists can be just as bad as Muslim fundamentalists(The Crusades!). It WOULD be nice if we could all live in peace....but things get rather complicated with unseen forces "guiding" circumstances.

Peace to All! If we don't "speak up" we will simply drift along with the stream not controlling our personal journey!
    Last edited by Foxie Loxie; 11th June 2018 at 18:01.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (13th June 2018), BMJ (12th June 2018), Jayke (11th June 2018), Melinda (12th June 2018), Nasu (14th June 2018), Noelle (11th June 2018), Valerie Villars (12th June 2018)

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

A very damning testimony at the ITNJ Judicial commission inquiry of human trafficking and child abuse, by police whistleblower John Wedger. Certainly explains the desperation of the British establishment to keep the rape gang scandals surrounding Tommy’s case so ‘hush, hush’. The judiciary, top brass police, BBC executives...all complicit in paedophilic rape gangs of their own.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

avid (11th June 2018), BMJ (12th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th June 2018), Melinda (12th June 2018), Noelle (12th June 2018), Star Tsar (11th June 2018), sunwings (14th June 2018), ThePythonicCow (12th June 2018), Valerie Villars (11th June 2018)

18. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Jayke, that is a really powerful, important testimony. God bless that man for being so brave. His testimony is REAL. This is how we evolve.....by standing up; no matter the cost.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (12th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th June 2018), Jayke (12th June 2018), Melinda (12th June 2018), ThePythonicCow (12th June 2018)

20. Link to Post #71
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Judicial Commission? This organisation has no legal standing whatsoever - how do you know what is "REAL" - because some guy says so. Kevin Annett was another conspiracy nut with similar obsessions. Don't know what happened to him but believe he made money out of it. People believe this sort of unsubstantiated bilge because they wish to. Anyone says anything about paedophiles etc - especially in high places - and it's lapped up as if it must be true. Same shtick as the International Court of Common Law or whatever it was called. No authority, no jurisdiction – just a ragtag bunch of snake oil salespeople, fraudsters, loonies and woo-woo pedlars. As I recall that ‘court’ was supposed to have officers to meet out punishment to the wrongdoers. As if because for one thing countries have their own courts and might not take kindly to vigilante justice which is what we are talking about. Anyway, none of it happened and how can you have a so-called ‘court’ that is own judge and jury. It’s depressing that there are rather more knobheads walking the streets that one might imagine.

21. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kemo (here)
    Judicial Commission? This organisation has no legal standing whatsoever - how do you know what is "REAL" - because some guy says so. Kevin Annett was another conspiracy nut with similar obsessions. Don't know what happened to him but believe he made money out of it. People believe this sort of unsubstantiated bilge because they wish to. Anyone says anything about paedophiles etc - especially in high places - and it's lapped up as if it must be true. Same shtick as the International Court of Common Law or whatever it was called. No authority, no jurisdiction – just a ragtag bunch of snake oil salespeople, fraudsters, loonies and woo-woo pedlars. As I recall that ‘court’ was supposed to have officers to meet out punishment to the wrongdoers. As if because for one thing countries have their own courts and might not take kindly to vigilante justice which is what we are talking about. Anyway, none of it happened and how can you have a so-called ‘court’ that is own judge and jury. It’s depressing that there are rather more knobheads walking the streets that one might imagine.
    Well...that’s a whole lot of pretzel logic smothered in word salad. I honestly have no idea what any of your bilge was referring to Kemo. But whatever psychological projection you need to engage in to come to terms with the depravity going on in the world, is fine by me.

Anyway, back to the topic, and the credibility of the ITNJ commission. One of the Commissioners is Dr Cynthia McKinney, whose work I’ve been following since she did an interview with Catherine Austin Fitts a couple years ago. McKinney is well worth following on twitter (for those who use it) as she shares lots of great info on some of the deeper power structures behind world affairs.

Last edited by Jayke; 12th June 2018 at 19:38.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

BMJ (13th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th June 2018), Melinda (12th June 2018)

23. Link to Post #73
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,348 times in 21,474 posts

Quote Posted by kemo (here)
    for one thing countries have their own courts and might not take kindly to vigilante justice
    ... and we the people might not take kindly to the deeply corrupt "justice" meted out by the official courts .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (13th June 2018), BMJ (13th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th June 2018), Jayke (13th June 2018), Melinda (12th June 2018), Nasu (14th June 2018)

25. Link to Post #74
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Don't be ridiculous. You can't have bunches of nut cases going around setting up their own kangaroo courts. Anyway, doesn't matter because as I say this so called court has no legal standing whatsoever. As for Ms McKinney well it's rather sad if people with worthy intentions are getting drawn into this nonsense but as soon as they realise the characters they are rubbing shoulders with if they have any sense or wish to protect their reputation they will pull out. Sascha Stone? Robert David Steele? Rod Class? Chief Justice self-knighted 'Sir' John Walsh of Brannagh. What a hoot. Y'all laughing yet? You'll see - go just the same way as the Arnett fantasy. Mark my words. Oh by the way seems Dr Stephen Greer sent a message of support. He's got a lot of fans round here (not).

26. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Stephen Greer lost a lot of support When his ‘Disclosure’ documentary didn’t reveal much more than his own wishful thinking (Yes I paid for it, I watched it, and I was extremely disappointed). Anyway, he can’t have sent you a message of support for your opinions on this thread surely Kemo? You’ve not even made any substantial points yet just lots of angry cussing and besides-the-point rambling!

Sounds like things are getting more dangerous for Tommy Robinson anyway, if recent reports are anything to go by, which suggest he’s being moved to a predominantly Muslim prison. Dangerous game the British establishment are playing if this most recent violation of his human rights turns out to be true.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

BMJ (14th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Melinda (13th June 2018)

28. Link to Post #76
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    I enjoyed your post, Voice. Seemed well thought out! Remember how in our own history, back in the 1800's the Mormons were driven out of IL because of a "different" lifestyle?!
    The Mormons were trying to take over our government, and a lot of people don't appreciate that. Joseph Smith the alleged prophet was running for president of the United States and was considered to stand a reasonable chance when he was assassinated. Can you imagine having a self-proclaimed religious prophet as a president? Because I wouldn't care much for that either.

Quote Christian fundamentalists can be just as bad as Muslim fundamentalists(The Crusades!). It WOULD be nice if we could all live in peace....but things get rather complicated with unseen forces "guiding" circumstances.
    The whole "the crusades were evil" thing has no historical context to it. The Islamic jihadis spread from Saudi Arabia to cover northern Africa, take Spain and Portugal in the Iberian Peninsula, move into France, while they also spread across Turkey and into the Balkans, and as far as Austria from the other side of Europe.

So Islam nearly took over all of Europe and the crusades were a series of wars fought in this context. If you compare the crusades to the Islamic wars of conquest, you'll see that all the modern virtue signaling over the crusaders being terrible evil people are really very misguided. Without the crusaders we would all be speaking Arabic, probably still in Europe, with natives still living in teepees in the Americas. Because Islam never had the Renaissance or the Enlightenment or Scientific Revolution.

29. Link to Post #77
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Lightbulb Re: Tommy Robinson arrested

Here has NO violation of human rights regarding Mr Lennon, only of the law, Mr Allen explains why

This thread should renamed btw!
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Akasha (8th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Mare (17th July 2019), Melinda (14th June 2018)

31. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Here has NO violation of human rights regarding Mr Lennon, only of the law, Mr Allen explains why

This thread should renamed btw!
    Ritchie Allen spent 15 minutes in that video hurling abuse at Tommy Robinson and calling his supporters a long list of expletives. Hardly impartial or expert opinion. I support Mr Lennon Star Tsar, do you agree with Ritchie Allen and think I’m an unsophisticated idiot? He didn’t even touch on any of the intricacies of the case or the nuance of why people feel outraged about this. He talked of people only seeing black and white while proceeding to angrily shout things from a black and white, prejudicial, perspective. Such insight and wisdom

I’d counter your opinion with a video in the YouTube playlist next to the Ritchie Allen vid. House of Lord staffer working for Lord Pearson gives a much more nuanced understanding of why this case has touched a raw nerve amongst the public—on a global level—and I agree, the thread should be changed to “Tommy Robinson may be murdered in prison due to prejudicial contempt”

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

BMJ (14th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Melinda (14th June 2018)

33. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

You’ve got to laugh at the lunacy of the left. Antifa managed to shut down a political debate by verbally abusing a black UKIP candidate in the Lewisham by-election, David Kurten, and an unknown Indian woman by calling them racists. Rather than arrest any of these racist antifa hypocrites—you know, for “breach of the peace”—instead the police shut down the by-election debate to deny David Kurten (and other candidates) his UKIP platform.

Here’s Mr Kurtens article on the recent events...

==============================================
    ‘Racist scum’, ‘UKIP scum’, fingers in the air, ‘shame on you’ and Socialist Worker banners greeted me on Tuesday as I arrived at a hustings for today’s Lewisham East by-election.

As a London Assembly member I have been to many political debates, meetings and hustings, and over the years I have seen our heritage, customs and culture and free speech under various forms of attack from the Left, including from the ‘Conservative In Name Only’ Party as it abandoned conservatism and even free speech, and moved towards the progressive authoritarian Left.

But Tuesday’s episode in south London was more sinister and dangerous to our democracy than anything I have seen before.

I am standing as UKIP’s candidate in the Lewisham East by-election caused by the resignation of the Labour incumbent. The campaign has been extremely short – only four weeks – and just one hustings event was scheduled, for Tuesday at the Salvation Army Hall in Catford.

I arrived about 7pm and before I reached the building I saw a group of 50 or so ‘anti-fascists’ demonstrating loudly. As I walked in, some started chanting ‘UKIP scum’ at me. There were very few police, but I was in a group so I wasn’t physically harmed.

The crowd was growing larger and noisier all the time, and it was difficult for other candidates and voters to get into the hall. Nevertheless, it slowly filled up. All of us inside could hear the crowd outside, but we began the hustings and candidates’ speeches started at 7.30pm.

When my turn came to give a two-minute opening speech, I spoke about Brexit and the unprecedented rise in violent crime in London –issues which voters are extremely concerned about. Halfway through my short address, someone raced to the front and interrupted me, saying she was standing against racism, and shouted at me: ‘Shame on you.’ The audience in the hall was very unhappy with this, having come to listen to the debate, and eventually responded in unison ‘Shame on you’! She was eventually escorted out by police.

Speeches continued, but after just 20 minutes the police told the organisers they had decided to close the event because of public order worries.

As I departed the crowd was larger and louder – 150 by some estimates – and a much larger contingent of police had arrived. Members of the crowd began chanting ‘shame on you’ and ‘racist scum off our streets’, among other things, and I was escorted back to my car.

You can view what happened here. (Video below)

Everybody should be deeply concerned about these events, especially politicians and would-be politicians. A mob has closed down a political debate in the United Kingdom and prevented voters from questioning candidates and making up their own minds who to vote for. It is endemic in the ‘progressive’ Left to censor opinions with which they do not agree. This was a victory for mob rule, where the far Left suppressed free speech and stopped people debating and discussing opinions they did not approve of. Just as disturbing is the message sent out by the police in allowing the mob to get their way and close down part of the democratic process. The right thing to do would have been to arrest those who were clearly harassing and intimidating candidates and attendees.

The police are only too willing to investigate ‘hate crime’ where someone reports that they heard something causing ‘fear, alarm or distress’, but in the case of the Lewisham hustings, the mob got their way, and law-abiding candidates and voters were evicted from the premises. If the police can’t protect a hustings, the very essence of a democracy where voters meet candidates and listen to live face-to-face political debate, then we might as well all give up. If far-Left censorship of people with different opinions is allowed to continue, the United Kingdom, once the champion of free speech, is headed to a dark place.
    ====================================================

It’s this kind of rank hypocrisy with the British police and judicial system, Star Tsar, that has reasonable people up in arms over the handling of the Tommy Robinson case. They only apply the law when it suits their agenda, and when it suits their agenda to ignore the law, they ignore it with impunity.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

BMJ (14th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Melinda (14th June 2018), ThePythonicCow (14th June 2018)

35. Link to Post #80
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Wink Re: Tommy Robinson arrested

I think the point most have missed is that he could have destroyed the case, hours of police & legal professionals work, the anonymity of defendants & jurors @ A cost of millions to the taxpayer. That is exactly why he got left off the first time, arrested AGAIN & subsequently jailed if that is indeed the case!
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 14th June 2018 at 08:00.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Akasha (8th July 2018), Mare (17th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 4 8 LastLast