Thread: ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS: the Gaia TV series

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS: the Gaia TV series

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Zak247 (here)
    So they say the Gnostics say the God everybody’s been worshiping is really the devil or a demonic force.
    The OLD Testament God (Jehovah). He was a badass. Not the New Testament one, who was a lot nicer, and may be a different guy.
    Dear Bill,

What/How do you Think/Feel about the theory of Jehovah demonstrating this disposition because of Earth's invasion of the "fallen ones" & the following "corruption"?
    Like Jehovah was a real guy? It's mythology.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Spellbound (13th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,499 times in 4,311 posts

I believe Jehovah was real - not a guy, but a group. A group of extra-terrestrial beings. But definitely not GOD.

It was not God who spoke to Moses, or inspired Akhenaten, or taught the Mayans, or sent the Great Flood, or any of these things accredited to God or blamed on him.

God is not an individual for a start; not a she, not a he, not a they. It is the One, and it is the All - of all space, time, and consciousness simultaneously, now, before, and forever. God cannot possibly individualize; it cannot incarnate as an entity, any more than the Earth, the solar system, or the galaxy itself could incarnate as an entity.

There is GOD, and there is 'god/gods', and they are two very different things - as different as a Universe is from a wisp of smoke.

I do not believe that GOD has ever or could ever:
    • appear to someone, with long white beard or otherwise
    • come down to Earth as a divine being
    • be a voice in anyone's head
    • be touchable, reachable, or knowable even on the spirit-planes
    • be conceived of mentally or spiritually on any practical level available to us

GOD is not a being, but very basically, the ultimate source of all things, and a presence (of the divine) in all things no matter how small.

By contrast, the small 'g' god is a being, just from another place who, long ago, in the minds of primitive peoples, was believed to be god-like in power and knowledge because they came from the sky - where 'God' supposedly lived - in magical silver boats, and could do wonderful things (or terrible), and were altogether superior to Man. In my relatively studied opinion, Ancient Aliens is exceedingly correct with many of the assumptions it makes.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

amandapoet (3rd August 2018), aoibhghaire (13th July 2018), Debra (14th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th July 2018), ginnyk (13th July 2018), Matt P (13th July 2018), Noelle (14th July 2018), pueblo (14th July 2018), Spellbound (13th July 2018), Star Tsar (13th July 2018), Valerie Villars (14th July 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I believe Jehovah was real - not a guy, but a group. A group of extra-terrestrial beings. But definitely not GOD.

It was not God who spoke to Moses, or inspired Akhenaten, or taught the Mayans, or sent the Great Flood, or any of these things accredited to God or blamed on him.

God is not an individual for a start; not a she, not a he, not a they. It is the One, and it is the All - of all space, time, and consciousness simultaneously, now, before, and forever. God cannot possibly individualize; it cannot incarnate as an entity, any more than the Earth, the solar system, or the galaxy itself could incarnate as an entity.

There is GOD, and there is 'god/gods', and they are two very different things - as different as a Universe is from a wisp of smoke.

I do not believe that GOD has ever or could ever:
    • appear to someone, with long white beard or otherwise
    • come down to Earth as a divine being
    • be a voice in anyone's head
    • be touchable, reachable, or knowable even on the spirit-planes
    • be conceived of mentally or spiritually on any practical level available to us

GOD is not a being, but very basically, the ultimate source of all things, and a presence (of the divine) in all things no matter how small.

By contrast, the small 'g' god is a being, just from another place who, long ago, in the minds of primitive peoples, was believed to be god-like in power and knowledge because they came from the sky - where 'God' supposedly lived - in magical silver boats, and could do wonderful things (or terrible), and were altogether superior to Man. In my relatively studied opinion, Ancient Aliens is exceedingly correct with many of the assumptions it makes.

I agree with your ideas.

How would you define the divine?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th July 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

So they say the Gnostics say the God everybody’s been worshiping is really the devil or a demonic force.
    The OLD Testament God (Jehovah). He was a badass. Not the New Testament one, who was a lot nicer, and may be a different guy.
    Rhetorical question
    If the NT God was so nice, then why did it require a torturing of Jesus?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Imo, the reason why God is different, save for a few fundamental universal metaphysical realities, is because people are different.

These ‘gods” or aliens of the new paradigm Levenda and Delong and many others are trying to push to me is wrong.

This Sitchin/Annunaki/enki/enlil/ancient alien theory I don’t personally buy into, but that’s what they're pushing.

The only way that proto theology is true is if they are symbols of attributes of God.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Regarding the gnostic view that the demiurge created this universe, this, to me, is an outlandish suggestion. If you examine reality in detail, it's incredible consistency in such astounding detail, and its paradoxical complexity and simplicity, this reality is a superb work of art. An absolute masterpiece.

The most astounding aspect of this reality is the ability of life forms to become self-aware, and in so doing becoming desirous of raising their consciousness back to the Source.

What i do find believable, is that some lesser light beings than the 'Prime Creator', or 'Source', have colluded to manipulate this reality for their own short-term gain. And humanity has suffered from this manipulation. And, hopefully, now is our time to throw out these 'god' frauds and realize our own divinity.

By the way, i wouldnt be looking at gaia tv to show me the way.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th July 2018), Nasu (13th July 2018), NeedleThreader (13th July 2018), Valerie Villars (14th July 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    Regarding the gnostic view that the demiurge created this universe, this, to me, is an outlandish suggestion.
    As best I know, this isn't what the Gnostics say. They say that the Demiurge is masquerading as the authentic God: an impersonator, mainly featuring and being showcased in the Old Testament, that's power-hungry and controlling, basically wants obedience and worship, and is given to punishing humans if he doesn't get what he wants.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

amandapoet (3rd August 2018), aoibhghaire (13th July 2018), Cardillac (14th July 2018), DeDukshyn (13th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th July 2018), justntime2learn (16th July 2018), Justplain (13th July 2018), Nasu (13th July 2018), NeedleThreader (13th July 2018), Valerie Villars (13th July 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Rhetorical question
    Not rhetorical at all. Maybe Jesus wasn't 'tortured', though possibly he had to go through a painful facade of a faked crucifixion in which Pontius Pilate himself knew he had to be complicit in choreographing Jesus' survival and later freedom.

See all of Michael Baigent's research (and that of others) on this thread. Post your reply there!

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

amandapoet (3rd August 2018), aoibhghaire (13th July 2018), DeDukshyn (13th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th July 2018), ginnyk (13th July 2018), justntime2learn (16th July 2018), Nasu (13th July 2018), NeedleThreader (13th July 2018), Valerie Villars (14th July 2018), WhiteFeather (15th July 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Rhetorical question
    Not rhetorical at all. Maybe Jesus wasn't 'tortured', though possibly he had to go through a painful facade of a faked crucifixion in which Pontius Pilate himself knew he had to be complicit in choreographing Jesus' survival and later freedom.

See all of Michael Baigent's research (and that of others) on this thread. Post your reply there!

You know I’ve read some of the work of the fine authors Clive Prince and Lynn Picknett, and they suggest the crucifixion was a pantomime or merely a ritual.

I actually am sympathetic to that possibility. I adhere to the idea that Jesus’ crucifixion was a representation of the Fall of Man, and the eventual redemption through the spiritual work, which through my studies I think is the so-called Holy Grail--Mary Magdalena. She is the chief mythological symbol of the successful path back to God or our original nature (mythologically Virgin Mary) before the fall.

I know Michael Baigent's work very well and respect it, particularly of course,

Holy Blood Holy Grail

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2018), gord (13th July 2018), Nasu (13th July 2018), NeedleThreader (13th July 2018), Valerie Villars (13th July 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

I’ve read some of the work of the fine authors Clive Prince and Lynn Picknett, and they suggest the crucifixion was a pantomime or merely a ritual.
    [...]
    I know Michael Baigent's work very well and respect it, particularly of course,

Holy Blood Holy Grail
    I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend The Jesus Papers by Michael Baigent. (The third link above ^^)

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

amandapoet (3rd August 2018), Debra (14th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th July 2018), gord (13th July 2018), Jayke (13th July 2018), justntime2learn (16th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th July 2018), Nasu (13th July 2018), NeedleThreader (13th July 2018), pueblo (14th July 2018), sijohn (13th July 2018), WhiteFeather (15th July 2018), Zak247 (13th July 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Bill, you’re a great resource brother.

The Dead Sea scrolls I haven’t read, thanks much, I m looking forward to reading

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th July 2018), Spellbound (14th July 2018), Valerie Villars (14th July 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

The second AC video is about the tree of life, a subject I am well versed in.

Well, the TOL is the experience of this world itself; that is the whole experiential earth.

This tree or the Grand Tree or mother tree or source Tree is the Garden of Eden where the TOL abides on as one of the trees on its enclosed Garden. This LIFE tree is where the creative principle is existential.

It is the tree that is the inherent life principle itself, that's why we are so near life, death, animals and the constant recurring scene of life.

The other trees on the Mother Tree or Garden of Eden ARE NOT Life or the creative principle trees--they have other archetypal natures.

Remember God said, "Go upon any tree you want save this tree( referring to the TOL)

And as this forbidden tree, it is and was forbidden in primordial times, not as a permanent prohibition but one based on the reality that humans were not, at the time, qualified to inhabit the tree. Sort of like telling a 3-year-old child not to cross the street. That prohibition doesn’t apply when the child becomes a teenager.

The unfortunate thing is that since the fall of man we have become entrapped in the life cycle and that in itself has corrupted something in our faculties.

It’s a catch 22
    Last edited by Zak247; 14th July 2018 at 00:42.

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

All the trees on the GOE were states of consciousness. The forbidden Tree (the source of our spiritual downfall) was this physical Earth Plane.

It must be understood that the prohibition, which the people on this video conjecture was some kind of unjust attempt to keep humans ignorant, WAS A TEMPORARY prohibition. Again, I bring up the analogy of prohibiting a child from playing in the street when their underage. That prohibition regarding Adam was not a permanent one or some kind of punishment from a jealous god afraid of making men god’s and is only based on the fact they lacked the mature capacity to navigate the then complex Tree of Life—the Earth plane. Therefore the prohibition was a practical act.

Human beings at their “creative” inception weren’t qualified to occupy the state of consciousness of the so-called forbidden tree, that’s why the “gods” or the “demiurge” forbade them the tree.

Ironically, philosophically, on this subject, though I castigate DW for his reckless accusing people of being “Luciferians” such as a person like the estimable Graham Hancock, here I think Hancock is wrong, metaphysically speaking, in his reliance on so called Gnostic lore in interpreting the basic story about the Tree of Life

Just my opinion

25. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Many thx for the heads up on this series. I now have all 10 loaded on my hard drive, saved for my upcoming vacation.

Regarding the God talk....good guy....bad guy....what is God exactly?? I don't believe life unfolded the way the Bible says it did and I believe God (whatever that may be) is more of a spiritual thing than an entity that controls the fate of mankind. I attended a Christian school from grades 2 - 8 where everything was taught from a Biblical standpoint with Bible study every morning for 2 hours. I didn't really buy into it much back then...and as I've grown older, a little wiser, and with the help of the internet (the early Camelot videos and Avalon)....I've come to the conclusion that the earth (and everything in it) wasn't made in 6 days....I doubt Jesus walked on water nor did he perform miracles...I have difficulty believing in the 10 plagues of Egypt....and 40 years is a long time to be in the wilderness (let alone the parting of the Red sea).

God, to me, is spiritualism. Sure, there could be a force that put ALL of this in motion throughout the entire universe (call it the big bang or whatever).....but God (imo) is taken so literally these days by religion. IMO, religion was a concept developed by the powers that be (call it the cabal or the illuminati or reptilians)....as a means to control the masses (and for profit...and for war). I don't believe one must go to church every Sunday or rub rosary beads in order to get into heaven. I do believe in reincarnation though...and the good and bad in our lives guide where we end up in the next life. I used to work with a woman from Iraq who was highly religious to the extent that she was fanatical about it. She hated me with a passion (oil and water). She used to put religious pamphlets on my desk when I wasn't looking...she once told me I was going to hell.....and she complained about me to HR due to my swearing in the office (she complained about many people to HR....but I was her first complaint for which nothing happened). Ultimately, she was let go (fired) 18 months ago because she had run-ins with many other people. By Biblical terms I'd be defined as a pagan....but I think I'm a decent person and I don't believe I'm going to hell.

Apologies if this offends people. Live and let live.

Dave - Toronto

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Debra (14th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th July 2018), Retief (15th July 2018)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Well, I just finished Episode 2, and I confess it's losing my interest. I might not watch much more.

It seems not so much a real documentary about 'Ancient Civilizations' (false packaging!), but an in-depth presentation about Gnostic thought. It has Jay Weidner's personal stamp all over it.

No dreadful thing per se... and it's still not 'Luciferian'. Interesting is the reaction of Patty Greer and Laura Eisenhower to it (both proponents of Sophia, especially Laura E). It's as if they just took David Wilcock's word for it all from his resignation letter and never checked out for themselves what the series was really promoting.

Episode 2 is all about Sophia. Laura Eisenhower should actually watch it. She should be cheering from her chair.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Debra (14th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th July 2018), Spellbound (14th July 2018), Valerie Villars (14th July 2018)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Okay, these producers of Ancient Civilizations are a stew of Sitchin's Annunaki theory, a large portion of Gnosticism, and a dose of Hermetic doctrine, mixed with a strong flavor of a modern physics and spirituality ethos.

They graft a narrative of dualistic Enki/Enlil on certain Biblical mythological allegories.

Not bad stuff, but nothing new, spectacular, or particularly inspiring.

I will watch the rest.

But in watching these videos I have seen the devil

The commercials!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

Chanie (14th July 2018), Jayke (15th July 2018), Valerie Villars (14th July 2018)

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

But in watching these videos I have seen the devil

The commercials!
    Haha, the gist of the matter!

That's where in Goethe's Faust the poodle would show his true face as Mephistopheles ;-)
    To connect humankind with itself and the Cosmos!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Builder For This Post:

Chanie (14th July 2018), Zak247 (14th July 2018)

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

I just jumped straight to episode 2, then ill watch No 10 and if I still concider good watching ill back track through the other episodes.
    thx for posting Bill.

There is in my view a great deal of mixed up truths in these concepts, more so than main stream, that's for sure.
    Pic and mix and you will be very near the real history.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

34. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    i think we are looking at two aspects of the same entity.

As the entity itself claims in Isaiah 45:7...
    Quote I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
    The creator god (not to be confused with Source) of this world is the god of duality, and as such contains within itself, and creates, both good and evil. It is the classic good cop/bad cop routine, with Yahweh playing both sides against the middle.

The Romans knew this god as the two faced Janus ( compare with the bible quote above)..

Quote Janus presided over the beginning and ending of conflict, and hence war and peace. The gates of a building in Rome named after him, not a temple as it is often called, but an open enclosure with gates at each end, were opened in time of war, and closed to mark the arrival of peace (which did not happen very often).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus
    Quote Being omnipotent, God has power over wind, water, gravity, physics, etc. God's power is infinite, or limitless. Omniscience means all-knowing. God is all all-knowing in the sense that he is aware of the past, present, and future.
    Also over Good and evil.
    He a trinity of Good, Evil and the collective Omniscience, omnipotent God
    Edit, sorry I should have called him/her a Triad with the deciding vote being ruled in by the Omniscience part.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

pueblo (14th July 2018)

36. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member AlyssaRoselyn's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing preventing people from having a more solid perspective of this theory is the need for the demon, devil, god terminology. In my studies one of the biggest things to remember is that there is no real "good" or "evil" standard to follow under. So since Satan has been programed to be evil and God is "good", the first step is to humanize these entities and stop seeing them in Christian terms. I'm going to go through a few different branches of my research so I'll try not to get too complex.
    In Sumerian beliefs Satan is Enki and he is essentially trying to show human kind that they've been swindled and they are actually equal to the gods. In Greek mythology Satan surprisingly becomes Hermes, the messenger. This goes into the creation story where humans had 2 faces, 4 arms and legs, and two sets of genitalia. Basically when humans are told they've been manipulated they grab weapons (Hermes teaches them how to wield weapons) and they attempt to overthrow Zeus and Olympus. Zeus then splits the humans in half so that they spend their time feeling incomplete and searching for their other half instead of overthrowing the gods.
    Now I've found a lot of information about the original text where the story of the Garden of Eden derives from was being retranslated. It's recently been found that the word "Paradise" was translated incorrectly; it's actually more like they're describing it as a concentration camp.
    I'm more careful about throwing in Alien stories but the Annunaki apparently created Humans to complete mundane tasks that they felt were beneath them. If an advanced race did want to enslave humans it would probably be easiest if the slaves thought they were actually free.

Having workers believe they are loved and appreciated honestly isn't evil. It's no different than tricking a younger sibling into doing your chores and that doesn't equate to ultimate evil nor is it the most honorable thing to do. Humans always try to find ways to do less work through innovations so we are no different and are entitled to no type of judgment. It definitely sucks to have the ultimate truth of reality kept from you and twisted to confuse and manipulate but how else would anyone be convinced to do work for an entire lifetime.

I wouldn't say my parents are Satan for tricking me into believing money is real so that I do chores for compensation, but I definitely would get mad if I found out I could've just been mediating and creating my own reality the whole time. (Plus in pagan cultures it's more proper to see your god as a parent that deserves love, not worship and love is without judgment)

My biggest tip is to believe nothing but entertain everything so absolutely don't just believe what I say without question. That's why religion is dangerous; always do your own research and form your own opinion as you go.
    But it is fun to see how everything can be tied together.
    One who looks outside dreams
    One who looks inside, awakens.

37. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to AlyssaRoselyn For This Post:

Baby Steps (14th July 2018), Bill Ryan (14th July 2018), Debra (14th July 2018), Deux Corbeaux (24th August 2018), Eva2 (14th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th July 2018), Hervé (14th July 2018), Jad (16th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th July 2018), pueblo (14th July 2018), Retief (15th July 2018), Spellbound (14th July 2018), Tintin (14th July 2018), WhiteFeather (15th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast