+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hal Puthoff: the 1970s SRI remote viewing project, and its origins in Scientology

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Hal Puthoff: the 1970s SRI remote viewing project, and its origins in Scientology

I'm still trying to digest all of this but I was watching the latest YouTube video from Steven Greer and he mentions Hal Puthoff, and not in a positive light. This was just released today:

Edit to add time of mention of Hal Puthoff and his government connections : 17:40
    Last edited by marielle; 1st August 2018 at 00:45.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marielle For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd August 2018), Bill Ryan (1st August 2018), drneglector (1st August 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Default Re: Hal Puthoff: the 1970s SRI remote viewing project, and its origins in Scientology

Quote Posted by marielle (here)
    I'm still trying to digest all of this but I was watching the latest YouTube video from Steven Greer and he mentions Hal Puthoff, and not in a positive light. This was just released today:

Many thanks indeed. To save me (and maybe others!) listening to Greer for over an a hour and a half , could you kindly let us know the timestamp, even approximately, where he talks about Hal Puthoff?

(Aside, but not for this thread! All comments here, please. I'd be REALLY interested if Greer were ever to say anything about Emery Smith, with whom he worked for 4 yours, including on the Atacama whatever-it-is. It seems very strange that neither of them has said a single word about the other that I'm aware of.)

Edit to add time of mention of Hal Puthoff and his government connections : 17:40
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st August 2018 at 00:59.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd August 2018), avid (2nd August 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st August 2018), Jayke (1st August 2018), WalterBosley (8th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Thank you!
    Okay, many thanks... yes, Greer was quickly going through the rogue's gallery of members of TTSA (Tom DeLonge's To The Stars Academy). For sure, they're all intelligence (or military-intelligence) connected.

The 'closest friend' of Hal Puthoff that Greer mentions at 17:55 is almost certainly Dr. Christopher ('Kit') Green. Interesting also that Greer said he's "known about Dr.Puthoff for decades", but didn't say that he knows him personally (or referred to him as 'Hal', as all his friends do) — which I'd suggest he would have done if he did know him in any way as a colleague or acquaintance.

There are other threads about this, but Tom DeLonge et al would be quite wrong to suggest that all ETs are malevolent (which I don't think they actually do), and Greer is most definitely wrong when HE insists (and he does say this explicitly) that there are no malevolent ETs at all. (That's exactly the kind of thing a clever, malevolent ET would say. Think about it. )

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd August 2018), avid (2nd August 2018), Bayareamom (1st August 2018), Bob (2nd August 2018), Cognitive Dissident (1st August 2018), drneglector (1st August 2018), Ernie Nemeth (2nd August 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st August 2018), ichingcarpenter (2nd August 2018), Jayke (1st August 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,353 times in 21,475 posts

Interesting also that Greer said he's "known about Dr.Puthoff for decades", but didn't say that he knows him personally (or referred to him as 'Hal', as all his friends do) — which I'd suggest he would have done if he did know him in any way as a colleague or acquaintance.
    Unless Greer was deliberately underplaying his connection to Puthoff ?
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd August 2018), avid (2nd August 2018), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2018), Bob (2nd August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Since this thread revolves around Hal Puthoff, I figured it would be relevant and worthwhile to share a video of the man himself talking, so that people can have the opportunity to see him and take in his personality and mannerisms for themselves.

I think the skepticism regarding anyone affiliated with the CIA, NSA, or other parts of the military/intelligence industry, is healthy. But that is not to say that every individual involved in these networks is working toward the same evil agenda. Throughout history, no figure like Jesus Christ ever becomes a political leader, because the reality is that power and morality tend not to mix well. In other words, throughout history, even the closest people to being "good guys" also engage in underhanded techniques and covert operations in order to survive. It's not always easy to tell what motivates people to do what they do, though we may easily convince ourselves that we know by assembling vague facts and enjoying confirmation bias.

I appreciate the transparency Bill is offering in this thread, in regards to his personal relationship with people like Puthoff. I don't know if I'll have the time to go very deep into all of this, but my gut feeling is that a very tangled web has been woven throughout the world, and this web connects people of very different backgrounds and agendas. At the same time, people who I have idolized since my youth often turn out to be callous psychopaths upon closer inspection, while some of the biggest villains of history hardly deserve the title. Sometimes we catch firm glimpses of the smoke and mirrors coming from the defense establishment from the outside, but I'm sure the internal drama within that same community is far more confusing and convoluted, as human relationships in general often are.

During the Bush years I had a very bad image of the NSA, in light of recent revelations, I'm actually glad that we have the NSA and that it managed to keep its independence from the CIA. Admiral Rogers, for example, though rubbing shoulders with swamp creatures himself, is a national hero.

Another video of Puthoff more relevant to the thread topic: "Dr. Hal Puthoff, PhD, on CIA History of Top Secret Remote Viewing"

Quote In 1967, Puthoff earned a Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Stanford University.[1][2][3] Puthoff has published his papers on polarizable vacuum (PV) and stochastic electrodynamics topics, which are examples of alternative approaches to general relativity and quantum mechanics. In the 70s and 80s he directed a CIA/DIA-funded program at SRI International to investigate paranormal abilities, collaborating with Russell Targ in a study of the purported psychic abilities of Uri Geller, Ingo Swann, Pat Price, Joseph McMoneagle and others, as part of the Stargate Project. Both Puthoff and Russell Targ became convinced Geller and Swann had genuine psychic powers.[4] However, magicians and skeptics have claimed Geller employed sleight of hand tricks.[5] Puthoff has invented and worked with tunable lasers and electron beam devices, concerning which he holds patents, and he is co-author (with R. Pantell) of Fundamentals of Quantum Electronics (Wiley, 1969), published in English, French, Russian and Chinese. In 1985, Puthoff founded a for-profit company, EarthTech International in Austin, TX. At about the same time, he founded an academically-oriented scientific research organization, Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin (IASA), also in Austin, TX, where he is Director.[6] Independent of the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, NJ, IASA pursues more focused research on topics specifically related to energy generation and space propulsion, with funding from anonymous donors.
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 2nd August 2018 at 23:41.

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Zak247 (here)
    No Bill, just an oversight

My information, I’ll look it up and get you a source soon, about him is he has an interest in people who have exotic beliefs in the occult and things like Ufology.
    Of course, so do all the thousand-plus active members of this forum.

Hal's always been interested in Ufology and esoteric subjects. He was in the Church of Scientology until the late 70s (a few years before the 'Church' was taken over), and by 1971 had completed advanced processing up to OT 7. He'd have been very familiar with operational telepathy on a subjective basis.

Dr Christopher ('Kit') Green (a very close friend of his to this day), Ingo Swann (OT 7), and Pat Price (OT 4) were all former Scientologists (though Russell Targ was not), and Co-ordinate Remote Viewing (CRV, developed by Ingo Swann), was based on the protocols for Scientology sessions. (Which is why it works!)
    As far as I can tell, the only thing Scientological about remote viewing is Ingo seems to have started with the Dianetics-like commands of "move to ..." "what do you see?" Almost none of the eventual RV protocols resemble Scientology techniques.

11. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 times in 243 posts

I especially love Bill's comment about being saved from listening to Greer for an hour and a half. Can I add Bassett to that?

Many thanks indeed. To save me (and maybe others!) listening to Greer for over an a hour and a half , could you kindly let us know the timestamp, even approximately, where he talks about Hal Puthoff?

(Aside, but not for this thread! All comments here, please. I'd be REALLY interested if Greer were ever to say anything about Emery Smith, with whom he worked for 4 yours, including on the Atacama whatever-it-is. It seems very strange that neither of them has said a single word about the other that I'm aware of.)

Thank you!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (8th September 2018), RaiseMachine (19th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2