Thread: When men were men & women were feminine

1. Link to Post #141
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: When men were men & women were feminine

Dont quite agree with all your recent post hermit.
    Where I do agree is that discrimination of any kind is not good.

In my youth I never felt any sense of control of self or women, no limitation.
    True that is in my environment but that's my experience.

Whatever you believe--you will be able to find the proof that you are right.
    If you believe in limitation you will be limited.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

KiwiElf (28th August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), petra (10th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #142
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What I will say is the doctrine of the"politically correct" has a lot to answer for.
    The latest is "cultural misappropriation" only ethnic people should wear braids in their hair---and on it goes.
    Not enough soap boxes to stand on.
    People are free to be as they are--no need to make a grand deceleration to the world--im a this or that!!!
    We are all human "being"

Chris

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Kate (31st August 2018), KiwiElf (28th August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th August 2018), Valerie Villars (29th August 2018), Wind (29th August 2018)

5. Link to Post #143
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    People are free to be as they are--no need to make a grand deceleration to the world--im a this or that!!!
    We are all human "being"

Chris
    Hi Chris. I don't think that's what the article was about........

http://allnewspipeline.com/This_Is_T...rating_Men.php
    The Disastrous Result Of Chemically Castrating Generations Of Men Which Could Lead To 'The Extinction Of The Human Species',
    Last edited by Deux Corbeaux; 29th August 2018 at 10:59. Reason: Add link

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

loungelizard (31st August 2018), petra (10th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #144
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    We are all human "being"

Chris
    Hi Chris. I don't think that's what the article was about........

http://allnewspipeline.com/This_Is_T...rating_Men.php
    The Disastrous Result Of Chemically Castrating Generations Of Men Which Could Lead To 'The Extinction Of The Human Species',
    Hi Deux Corbeaux
    We were both posting at approx the same time.
    I had not seen yours before mine went on Avalon.
    Your article is excellent and fits well with the thread---mine was an overall observation and perhaps not so relevant to the thread.

Thanks for your in depth post.

Chris

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (29th August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), petra (10th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #145
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote In another thread, I've read it said that my sexual identity is in fact the result of a conspiracy. I'm actually willing to entertain that possibility in order to find out what the truth is.

But let me ask this: how would the white, heterosexual male in this thread feel if they were told that their identity was in fact manipulated by the powers that be to benefit those powers?

I think that is exactly what is being done to the white heterosexual male, or at least that is what is being attempted. There is a definite attempt through academia and the MSM to emasculate the heterosexual male and in the case of white ones, to shame and ostracize them. Black heterosexual males are also being criticized. I don't think things are looking too good for the white homosexual male as far as that goes as I see indications of intolerance in the liberal media towards them as well. After all, we need to make way for the new darlings of victim hood, the illegal immigrants and transgender folks. This is a slow,tedious game of divide and conquer.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Antagenet (4th September 2018), Deux Corbeaux (29th August 2018), greybeard (29th August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th August 2018), petra (29th August 2018), Wind (29th August 2018)

11. Link to Post #146
    Thanks

Man/woman, biological sex, is being dissolved.

This is part of the fall of the west/fall of man, which was spearheaded by feminism, which was a stepping stone to far leftism, which will lead to the implosion of the west, which will lead to a one world gov/collective transhumanism.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Merlinus For This Post:

Antagenet (4th September 2018), Deux Corbeaux (30th August 2018), greybeard (29th August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th August 2018), Pam (30th August 2018)

13. Link to Post #147
    Thanks

Also, masculine/feminine polarity is the basis of attraction between the sexes, men have a preference for feminine women, and women to masculine men.

Without that polarity, which is the spark, the relationship crumbles.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Merlinus For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (30th August 2018), greybeard (30th August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th August 2018), Pam (30th August 2018), Vicus (17th October 2021)

15. Link to Post #148
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Merlinus (here)
    Also, masculine/feminine polarity is the basis of attraction between the sexes, men have a preference for feminine women, and women to masculine men.

I agree whole heartedly.
    When I played in a band--from stage I noticed that some females were attracted to "rough and ready" males.
    I suspect they wanted some one strong to look after them.

For my self , on reflection, I see that the most feminine female I ever had the fortune to be with , brought out the masculine in me , in every respect.

Unfortunately I tended to be attracted to strong females, like my mother.

I really dont think we have much choice in what attracts us.
    The moth gets attracted to the flame.

Chris

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (30th August 2018), Ivanhoe (4th September 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th August 2018), Merlinus (25th February 2024), Pam (30th August 2018), petra (10th September 2018), Wind (30th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #149
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Merlinus (here)

Merlinus, you are a very perceptive young person, I am impressed that you could understand so much at your age.I look forward to hearing more from you.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (30th August 2018), greybeard (30th August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018)

19. Link to Post #150
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 times in 318 posts

Once upon a time men and women knew exactly where they stood and what was acceptable to each.

Chris

Hi Chris

I’ve finally found the time to read through this thread properly - great to hear so many different views.
    As a ‘slightly mature’ person, I can see where you’re coming from … it’s so easy to have an idealised view
    of the good old days.

Which precise moment in history would you like to preserve as being the ideal, in terms of men and women?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loungelizard For This Post:

Antagenet (4th September 2018), Dennis Leahy (2nd February 2019), Flash (30th August 2018), greybeard (30th August 2018)

21. Link to Post #151
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    There are only 2 biological genders. Male and female. Put them together and they make babies. That's how mammals reproduce. We are not purely spiritual beings. We have physical bodies and there are consequences to that.

When you go outside of that physical reproductive system, you're no longer talking strictly biology.
    Are you denying the existence of intersex people?

Homosexuality is nonetheless heavily dependent upon social conditioning and is not a biological function.
    Homosexuality is perfectly normal part the vast array of human behaviour. There are many, many fascinating studies into possible causes of homosexuality -
    I suggest that you read some of these in order to broaden and deepen your understanding. Here's one to start you off:
    http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/...29100616637616

The reason this is important is that there is a correlation between the beliefs a person holds about the origins of sexual orientation and their attitude towards
    LGBT people.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Just like Israel promotes open borders and homosexuality/transvestitism in all countries today, except for their own. "For thee but not for me!"
    What does this mean? Israel is very LGBT friendly: could you explain how it ‘promotes homosexuality and transgenderism in all countries today”?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loungelizard For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (2nd February 2019), Flash (30th August 2018), greybeard (30th August 2018), hermit (31st August 2018), Wind (31st August 2018)

23. Link to Post #152
    Thanks

Quote Posted by hermit (here)
    Just because an idea is uncomfortable to embrace doesn't mean it's false. But, that fear is motivating a lot of people to act out of fear rather than taking the time to breath and consider.
    There is a lot of fear being expressed on this thread: fear of change, fear of loss of privilege, fear of a shift in the dynamics of power, fear of evolution
    within traditions and religious beliefs….

When those in positions of privilege feel threatened by the spectre of equality, they are, quite understandably, keen to restore and maintain that privilege:
    the idea of equality is perceived as oppression. It’s like one group in the nursery holding the key to the toy chest: they are terrified of any requests to share,
    claiming they are under attack and victims of theft.

As someone once said , "“When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loungelizard For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (2nd February 2019), Flash (30th August 2018), greybeard (30th August 2018), hermit (31st August 2018), Padmé (30th August 2018)

25. Link to Post #153
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Loungelizard, finally someone here expressing my thoughts. Exactly, i read this thread and saw a mountain of ready made beliefs, sometimes from another era-but mental constructs of what should be, nevertheless, from that era- and fear of losing whatever one’s fear is being lost (for women and men here).

I sincerely, still with love in my heart towards everyone here, find this thread kind of (edit: quite)syrupy. All coated with sugar for a time, a situation, that never was. Or for what some of you think should be, that is, in reality, impossible to achieve and even choking if we were to achieve those should.

But syrup is what people want, with soap operas, false beliefs, changing history ( yes you are doing precisely this right here), etc. Makes me cringe truly.

And comparing north american women with asians or south americans or to women way past is truly a misunderstanding of women, wherever in the world they are from. It is not understanding women’s universal values, thinking, needs, feelings, and mostly adaptation to circumstances.

Now lets go back to the syrup in order to make YOU GUYS happy.
    Last edited by Flash; 30th August 2018 at 15:26.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Antagenet (4th September 2018), Dennis Leahy (2nd February 2019), greybeard (30th August 2018), hermit (31st August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), Padmé (30th August 2018), petra (10th September 2018)

27. Link to Post #154
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I would not wish the hell I went through for about ten years on any one, yet--there was love in the most unlikely places and the most unlikely persons.
    I am not in denial of the darkness within myself and others.
    People see according to their nature.
    I am not personally against anything that any one does --but they dont have to shout it out.
    Im confident in me--but im not going to shout out what I am.
    I accept that women would not have got the vote and much more if they had not demonstrated for their rights.

I do not honestly see that people are happier now than they were in my teens and Im not wearing blinkers about the past--the sixties was a time of freedom.
    Up till then you were a carbon copy of your parents--then it was anything is ok.--do your thing and that applies to women and men.
    The pendulum swings and if you see that, then there is the realization that everything is as it is.
    I was married with a son at the age of 21 and all the responsibility that go with that.

Chris

Ps My son and the other four children all grew up to be a credit to themselves.
    Happy to see them all regularly.

No matter what age or era or anything else people will become successful regardless of their starting point or anything else--part of success is having some gratitude --respect for others and a fair share of happiness.
    Last edited by greybeard; 30th August 2018 at 16:55.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (30th August 2018), Deux Corbeaux (30th August 2018), Flash (31st August 2018), Kate (31st August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018), Valerie Villars (30th August 2018), Wind (31st August 2018)

29. Link to Post #155
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by loungelizard (here)
    Once upon a time men and women knew exactly where they stood and what was acceptable to each.

Chris

Hi Chris

I’ve finally found the time to read through this thread properly - great to hear so many different views.
    As a ‘slightly mature’ person, I can see where you’re coming from … it’s so easy to have an idealised view
    of the good old days.

Which precise moment in history would you like to preserve as being the ideal, in terms of men and women?
    There is no precise moment that is ideal for relationships or single men or women.
    No matter the period --some will be happy with their lot and others not.

The question is and I cant answer it.
    What works for the greatest percentage of the population regardless of their make up sexually? (chromosome balance)

Honestly my view is not idealized--there is just not enough time to write every aspect of what happened in my teens, or since, though I have eluded to it in some posts.
    The thread is not about me but a place for various contributions and view points.
    Thanks for your perspective.
    Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 30th August 2018 at 17:21.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Flash (31st August 2018), loungelizard (31st August 2018)

31. Link to Post #156
    Thanks

Voice from the Mountains: you have presented a real gish gallop of claims here and, it from your posts, it appears that you are conflating homosexuality, transgenderism, cross dressing, transexuality and paedophilia. Was that your intention?

When I read much of the material you have posted, the first thing that comes to mind is that sensationalism is a great way to distract from the real issues

No one is simply born a homosexual for life.
    I would have to respectfully disagree, based on science.

There are a lot of factors that are playing into this.
    Yes, indeed there are.
    Why have you honed in on just one aspect - endocrine disruption - and rejected all the other possible causes,
    such as hormonal extremes during embryonic development, genes SLITRK6 and TSHR
    ( see https://www.newscientist.com/article...l-orientation/ ),
    the reaction of the mother's immune system to a male fetus ...

etc etc etc.

So given all that, how reasonable is it for us as a society to accept an ongoing assault on the endocrine systems of ourselves and our children, coupled with a social push deeper and deeper into normalizing behaviors that were formerly considered degenerate and reprehensible?
    You seem to be convinced that endocrine disruptors are the only explanation for the wide range of gender
    identities that human beings experience.

That makes no sense: throughout history, there are countless examples of cultures where it has been normal,
    not exceptional, for people - particularly men - to have homosexual relations. It certainly wasn't considered
    "degenerat and reprehensible", as many term it nowadays.

Take a look through societies throughout history. All cultures have had their own values regarding appropriate and
    inappropriate sexuality; some sanctioned same-sex love and sexuality, while others disapprove.

Same sex relationships have been part of life in many ancient civilisations - Ancient China, Ancient Greece, Mesopotamia,
    Ancient China, parts of Classical Europe… It’s believed that nearly all the early Roman Emperors were homosexual
    (or at least, bisexual) - the Emperor Nero was married to two different young men - and for a man to only be attracted to women
    was considered to be aberrant.
    Pederasty was common during certain era in Japan: teenage novices would have sexual relationships with their mentors until puberty.
    Ancient Greece integrated homosexuality into its society, as part of education, religion and the military.

etc etc etc.
    Last edited by loungelizard; 31st August 2018 at 17:05. Reason: another thought ...

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to loungelizard For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (2nd February 2019), Flash (31st August 2018), greybeard (31st August 2018), Hazelfern (31st August 2018), hermit (31st August 2018), Padmé (31st August 2018), Wind (1st September 2018)

33. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

Now lets go back to the syrup in order to make YOU GUYS happy.

Meh, I'm not fond of sugar.

And for what it's worth? The last couple of posts have made me want to have a stand up and loudly applaud button because the thanks button just doesn't seem enough.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hermit For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (2nd February 2019), Flash (31st August 2018), greybeard (31st August 2018), loungelizard (3rd September 2018), Padmé (31st August 2018), petra (10th September 2018)

35. Link to Post #158
    Thanks

I happened upon this recent interview with an 85 year old man, who is finally happy: is he a mindless victim
    of “cultural Marxism” or the Jews and their plot to depopulate the world, or is he simply someone who is finally
    able to be what he knows he’s always been?

Reading through this thread, I found myself considering the kind of world I would prefer to live in...

Is it a world where people are squashed into boxes, with clearly defined roles and identities?
    Where transgender and other non-conforming individuals are maligned as paedophiles, rapists, and molesters?

Or is it a world where people can follow their personal, deeply felt internal and individual experience of gender,
    which may or may not correspond with the sex they were assigned at birth?

If someone has a problem with this, they have a problem

Last edited by loungelizard; 3rd September 2018 at 20:07.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to loungelizard For This Post:

greybeard (3rd September 2018)

37. Link to Post #159
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"The moment you take up a position know that you are identifying with an illusion"
    Now that might not really fit in with this thread

Im inclined to see consciousness acting out in in various levels.
    "Nothing is right nor wrong till thinking makes it so."
    Mystics will say that you are beyond definition--not male nor female, that is the vehicle the body that is used for this visitation on earth., in reality you are formless.
    Spirit having a human experience.

People are free to be whatever they believe themselves to be.
    But there is perhaps not an acceptance of what is.
    There is perhaps the thought, if only "If only" I was different--thinner, had a different body, had a different partner,---you can put anything to it but the basic thought is that some thing else rather than this and I would be happy fulfilled etc.
    Is that true?
    Does going through gender changing surgery lead to contentment?
    However that's down to the personal choice.
    Im not against change--my life has seen many changes--many for the better.

I am against the state legislating for the better good of all--ha ha.

The purpose of the thread is to give anyone who wants to, the opportunity to express their thoughts on the subject.
    The thread has gone further than I expected but that's great.
    Thanks for all the contributions.

Chris

38. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

loungelizard (4th September 2018)

39. Link to Post #160
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ps I will again say that "politically correct"has imposed limitations.
    Regardless one mans or woman's freedom is seen as going beyond "unwritten" acceptable behaviour.
    You cant just touch innocently some one of the opposite sex without being accused of sexual inpropriety--etc.

Chris

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Antagenet (4th September 2018), loungelizard (4th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 8 18 LastLast