+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: No healthy level of alcohol consumption, says major study

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: No healthy level of alcohol consumption, says major study

Along those lines, I refuse to drink California wines because of chemicals in the soil that grows the vines.

There is quite a difference in the taste, buzz and after affects of those cab's coming from South America and France versus those from California and Australia.

There is a noticeable ill effect from domestic (United States) wines, from the study of Valerie drinking vino.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (1st September 2018), Caliban (2nd September 2018), Elixir (1st September 2018), happyuk (2nd September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (2nd September 2018), Krist (3rd September 2018), Mari (4th September 2018), Michelle Marie (1st September 2018), Satori (1st September 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st September 2018), WhiteFeather (3rd September 2018)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,348 times in 21,474 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Along those lines, I refuse to drink California wines because of chemicals in the soil that grows the vines.
    Roundup’s Toxic Chemical Glyphosate, Found In 100% Of California Wines Tested

Widespread Contamination of Glyphosate Weedkiller in California Wine (March 2016 press release by Moms Across America) (pdf)

I also recall reading, a year or three ago, that some tests found that California wines had more glyphosate than wines from elsewhere, even US states close to California.

I no longer buy California wines. I usually buy only organic wines, and only wines from elsewhere.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 1st September 2018 at 19:37.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (1st September 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (2nd September 2018), Krist (3rd September 2018), Michelle Marie (3rd September 2018), norman (1st September 2018), Valerie Villars (1st September 2018), WhiteFeather (3rd September 2018)

5. Link to Post #63
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

One of the big takaways of this of this study for me is that two-thirds of the world's population does not drink alcohol at all.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Constance (17th April 2021), happyuk (2nd September 2018), Krist (3rd September 2018), leavesoftrees (3rd September 2018), Michelle Marie (3rd September 2018), WhiteFeather (3rd September 2018)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Ill drink to That!
    The oldest person. ..conformed. .https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment lived for over 121 years. She drank two bottles of red wine every day. ..and smoked two packs of camel for over over a 100 years ...without filter... every day. She started when she was 13 years old.

Ill take my chances. ..its fear and stress thats killing you all. ..and a lack of nutritions. Missing minerals. ..eat salt eat fat drink milk eat fruit and veggies. ..and enjoy it!
    I was amazed 10 years ago when i found out. ..
    I dislike being governmente its my body my soul my heart
    Government wants to controle that!
    When to eat what to eat what to think when to rest what to fear
    You democraticly choose
    Its never been my choise what so ever

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samson For This Post:

KiwiElf (2nd September 2018), Krist (3rd September 2018), Mari (4th September 2018), Michelle Marie (3rd September 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd September 2018), WhiteFeather (3rd September 2018)

9. Link to Post #65
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Quote Posted by Samson (here)
    its fear and stress thats killing you all. ..and a lack of nutritions. Missing minerals. ..eat salt eat fat drink milk eat fruit and veggies. ..and enjoy it!
    I'll drink to & second that (stress will kill you more! - probably why some drink & smoke in the first place!) Be Happy!

10. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    Quote “Worldwide we need to revisit alcohol control policies and health programmes, and to consider recommendations for abstaining from alcohol. These include excise taxes on alcohol, controlling the physical availability of alcohol and the hours of sale, and controlling alcohol advertising. Any of these policy actions would contribute to reductions in population-level consumption, a vital step toward decreasing the health loss associated with alcohol use.”
    After the war on cigarettes, we now have the war on alcohol ? What´s next ? Sugar would be at least sensible. We´ll see.

My advice: Eat, drink and do everything that makes you feel healthy and happy, ..... but in moderation, like my parents. They died at the age of 96 and 94 after a happy and healthy life, without illnesses.
    My thoughts exactly. My grandfather made his own home made wine back in the day, drank a glass or two every day with lunch/dinner. Lived to be a ripe 94. Us kids all had his wine when we came over for dinner every Sunday. Maybe homemade wine is better, who knows. Everything in moderation I totally agree.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (5th September 2018), KiwiElf (3rd September 2018), Krist (3rd September 2018), Tintin (17th April 2021), Valerie Villars (3rd September 2018)

12. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,496 times in 827 posts

For decades, i perceived a need for lots of smoking and drinking, but this was just popular world views, (as expressed here). At times it almost seemed to strengthen the mind, to exercise it with the chemical challenges of smoke and drink. Rather, this was youthful, emotional energy, uncontrolled. Emotionality provides lots of energy, but needs a balance of mental development, which i collected as a part time seeker, exploring a wide assortment of presentations out there.

I’m drastically cutting out recreational challenges and replacing challenge, (attenuation), with much clearer strengtheners like super nutrition and consciousness development. I know where to put energy now. I let the older, enthusiastic brainstorms pass, rated by merits or debits accrued. I kept sort of a tally and doubt the buzz was worth much. (Besides getting over it, as life will end, ready or not … and what did we develop, in this life?)

Deeper focussing energy and desirable brainstorms, i have discovered, develop from many sources, especially the subconscious, which is actually much better accessed through workable disciplines of life. Seek and these are found. Better in the sense of self control, instead of a challenging self attenuation. Better too, than calming all issues of life by stunning relaxation, (the buzz).

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (5th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th September 2018), leavesoftrees (4th September 2018)

14. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,066 times in 3,146 posts

fortunately i have always had a non addictive personality so to speak. so moderation is how i live my life. that being said, i do wish I could give it all up, and perhaps I will.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Constance (17th April 2021), DeDukshyn (5th September 2018)

16. Link to Post #69
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 01:10.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

leavesoftrees (17th April 2021), Peace in Oz (18th April 2021), Tintin (17th April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4