1. Link to Post #61
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,434 times in 21,489 posts

Default Re: Q Revealed??

Quote Posted by waves (here)
    Yes, I'm surprised it was unclear. I said that was the first question that popped into my mind before even looking into it, and I even included a screenshot from someone who had also quickly pointed that out that possibility. I also added there's no real proof either way yet so I was remaining open to verification.

But you did take the time to declare to all of us 'I conclude that Microchip is not the real creator of Q...' which reasonably means that your mind is now firmly sealed shut so I hope you won't just stay to keep arguing that fixed conclusion to the people here still wanting to discuss the subject with open minds.
    Ok - so your comments are clear, and your mind is open to further evidence, but my mind is now firmly sealed shut.

I can understand that it could be frustrating to discuss something, under those circumstances. My condolences.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Oh, for heaven's sake. Can't we quit arguing over who's smarter and has more expertise than the other and just get on with the facts? Not meant at you at all Flash. Why are there always arguments on these threads about politics?

Ego=0
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Andre (14th September 2018), MistressJan (13th September 2018)

4. Link to Post #63
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Daozen (here)

From an expert I would expect:

- Refer to facts. he does, the facts that you mentioned, how much more can an expert do - do you need his years of university training and 20 years work learning infused through osmosis into you, to trust an expert?

- Use supporting evidence. He is the expert, why should he give supporting evidence? we are not in a research lab here taking years of research where evidence has to be replicated. Why should he write details that may take years to understand, because of necessary prior training needed? Gosh, does a brain surgeon needs to tell you everything he learned before doing his surgery?

- At least 2 years experience working with the Twitter API. Who told you he does not - he can't tell us, because of the nature of his work, but who tell you he does not.

- Be humble. I have rarely seen a humble PhD, no kidding, not when they are talking about their field of expertise. Humbleness does not mean bending to people who do not know. And they should not be humble for things related to their expertise.

But in turn we should be humble, because we do not know what they took years to learn and create.
    This is, in my view, a comment you have regarding other posts Target makes were he is not an expert and you do not agree with him. Fair enough the, but not here on this topic.

Target, I never thought I would defend you ever!!!:rolf
    Tell us what you are an expert in Daozen, so that we either give you the measure back, or respect you when you talk with thorough expertise.

This does not mean that Q posts are genuine either - or not genuine, but it may means that the detractor is not.
    Now you are using red, that most lurid of hues.

I am NOT an expert, Flash. I am a researcher who knows little about the world. When I come across a subject I know little about, I keep my mouth shut and google. IT "expertise" does not translate across domains as well as people think. If someone said "I am an expert at classical guitar... this movie sucks, and here's why"... would their words carry any weight? I am wary of anyone claiming to be an expert. Now please, take your Nurse Ratched cap off and go get a drink of water, I tire of this attempt to shame me back on track.

Cordially,

P.S.

This is outstanding:

"He is the expert, why should he give supporting evidence?"
    Last edited by Daozen; 13th September 2018 at 00:37.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Flash (13th September 2018), Matthew (13th September 2018), TargeT (14th September 2018)

6. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

- Refer to facts. he does, the facts that you mentioned, how much more can an expert do - do you need his years of university training and 20 years work learning infused through osmosis into you, to trust an expert?

- Use supporting evidence. He is the expert, why should he give supporting evidence? we are not in a research lab here taking years of research where evidence has to be replicated. Why should he write details that may take years to understand, because of necessary prior training needed? Gosh, does a brain surgeon needs to tell you everything he learned before doing his surgery?

- At least 2 years experience working with the Twitter API. Who told you he does not - he can't tell us, because of the nature of his work, but who tell you he does not.

- Be humble. I have rarely seen a humble PhD, no kidding, not when they are talking about their field of expertise. Humbleness does not mean bending to people who do not know. And they should not be humble for things related to their expertise.

But in turn we should be humble, because we do not know what they took years to learn and create.
    This is, in my view, a comment you have regarding other posts Target makes were he is not an expert and you do not agree with him. Fair enough the, but not here on this topic.

Tell us what you are an expert in Daozen, so that we either give you the measure back, or respect you when you talk with thorough expertise.

This does not mean that Q posts are genuine either - or not genuine, but it may means that the detractor is not.

I am NOT an expert, Flash. I am a researcher who knows little about the world. When I come across a subject I know little about, I keep my mouth shut and google. IT "expertise" does not translate across domains as well as people think. If someone said "I am an expert at classical guitar... this movie sucks, and here's why"... would their words carry any weight? I am wary of anyone claiming to be an expert. Now please, take your Nurse Ratched cap off and go get a drink of water, I tire of this attempt to shame me back on track.

Cordially,

P.S.

This is outstanding:

you shamed yourself, I have nothing to do with it, you did it to yourself. But that is fine, we will all survive.

Oh, and when I answer within someone's else text, I almost always do it in red, so that it is easily read because of the differential. Not the first time I do it on this forum here, and nobody ever complained. Nothing negatively purposeful.

Cordially, Flash
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (14th September 2018)

8. Link to Post #65
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Cordially,

P.S.

This is outstanding:

you shamed yourself, I have nothing to do with it, you did it to yourself. But that is fine, we will all survive.

Oh, and when I answer within someone's else text, I almost always do it in red, so that it is easily read because of the differential. Not the first time I do it on this forum here, and nobody ever complained. Nothing negatively purposeful.

Cordially, Flash
    We'll talk later, Flash.

I am eating custard apples.

Here's an article showing how unstable Twitter can be:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/25/tw...uality-tweets/
    Last edited by Daozen; 13th September 2018 at 00:49.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Matthew (13th September 2018)

10. Link to Post #66
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Remember the dimwitted followers of Forest Gump? Does anyone see similarities?

I'm referring to that part in the movie where they follow him everywhere after imputing similarly groundless wisdom to the good-natured half-wit who provided absolutely no basis for reaching such a conclusion:

Men in Black (movie) also parodied this inclination of so many to see meaning where none exists:

Ascribing profound meaning to "Q" ("QAnon") - when nobody has any idea of who (s)he/they is, or their credibility, and to wilfully choose to remain ignorant of that basic insight and choose to build upon such absolute ignorance a conclusion of profundity — is to conduct yourself every bit as stupidly as those followers of Forrest Gump.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Arcturian108 (14th September 2018), Ascension (14th September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (14th September 2018), MistressJan (14th September 2018)

12. Link to Post #67
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    Remember the dimwitted followers of Forest Gump? Does anyone see similarities?

I'm referring to that part in the movie where they follow him everywhere after imputing similarly groundless wisdom to the good-natured half-wit who provided absolutely no basis for reaching such a conclusion:.....

Men in Black (movie) also parodied this inclination of so many to see meaning where none exists:......

....Ascribing profound meaning to "Q" ("QAnon") - when nobody has any idea of who (s)he/they is, or their credibility, and to wilfully choose to remain ignorant of that basic insight and choose to build upon such absolute ignorance a conclusion of profundity — is to conduct yourself every bit as stupidly as those followers of Forrest Gump.
    Absolutely correct, thank you for saying that plain english and I agree that those film clips are disturbingly accurate analogies.

I'd only been a curious and wary sideline observer till recently, but the violent righteousness on the other thread made me realize the phenomenon was causing people to totally lose their objectivity... and it looked exactly like converse blind contemptuous anger of leftists we've been enduring for 2 years and a huge red flag that something was really wrong... despite the vicious allegiance being predicated on the supposed right reasons.

After taking a much closer look at the puzzle pieces and seeing the real picture start to emerge, I'm only now really waking up to the gravity of and creepiness of the mass delusion happening in real time.

Since I've now really, fully stepped away for the first time and withdrawn all benefit of the doubt from all 'names' in the arena and watching new/rewatching old videos with new eyes - a extremely disturbing level of organization, manipulation, profiteering and agenda is starting to become apparent.

It's taking a lot of learning! There's a gigantic arena to learn about involving the tech world, the lingo, the profiteering, new deception techniques, odd bedfellows plus lots of ego and criminality.

Especially creepy today was watching Patriot's Soapbox for the first time in a while and realizing I was watching one of the creator team of the Q posts pretending to be seeing them for the first time and 'analyzing' them. The political topics being presented and power to influence opinion about them was scary as sh*t.

I will post as the puzzle pieces get clearer.

Thanks again for the post.
    Last edited by waves; 14th September 2018 at 02:55.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Arcturian108 (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), happyuk (14th September 2018), Matthew (14th September 2018), MistressJan (14th September 2018)

14. Link to Post #68
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Q will be gone within 3-6 months. Best we just ignore them. It's really just a few thousand people who've chosen to lie to themselves. IMO we should honor their choice. Why try and wake them up when there are genuine people out there who need help?

I remember similar angry outbursts from the Keshe thread when he was challenged. His followers got really mad, borderline abusive. That thread spawned at least one rage quit. We've already had a rage quit over Q. Ima justgonna leave them alone.

They will lie to each other about Q. Once Q goes down, they will find something new to lie about.

Its their choice.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Ratszinger (14th September 2018)

16. Link to Post #69
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,188 times in 4,071 posts

If it is a sham, let's hope it peters out. I've not been hooked by the phenomenon, except to appreciate the light it shines on uncomfortable subjects; which I adore. At the same time I'm nervous of 'trust the plan' and follow the leader... doesn't mix well with the mystery.

The twitter delay (reference this post), the twitter API change in August (reference this post) is where this thread is for me, that and a mix of opinion over if the twitter delay is even possible. My opinion is: it's not impossible enough to discount, given it's prominence in the whistleblowers testimony.

The twitter delay remains a piece of evidence which can be corroborated as time goes on. If Q does preempt Trump's+++ tweets, then that's fine. I don't swearingly care which way it corroborates, but this twitter delay thing remains open for me.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), Ratszinger (14th September 2018)

18. Link to Post #70
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

That article is about how twitter is banning "mass tweet" apps & trying to "filter the noise out of the signal" and encourage higher "quality" tweets... zero to do with instability nor time delays.

I can see some API tie TO twitter being delayed (IE: twitter posts a tweet, and an app doesn't get it for a while), but you are not getting data out of twitter before it posts; definitely not with a 15 min lead..... That's not how it works; I could go into a lot of explanations about why but where should I even start? The data would have to be re-directed from trump to a middle site where it's held for 15 min and available to "q" before posting to twitter; that would be easily provable by the perpetrator.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), Noelle (14th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (14th September 2018), Valerie Villars (14th September 2018)

20. Link to Post #71
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Indeed there is a split of opinion over those entertaining the idea a Trump twitter delay is possible, and those who state with certainty that it's not.

The conflict is between 'I know' and 'I don't know'

If you are trying to convince me the delay is impossible TargeT you're not doing very well. Unless you have specific knowledge about the twitter infrastructure which would be useful to share, because this would make the difference.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

TargeT (14th September 2018)

22. Link to Post #72
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)
    If you are trying to convince me the delay is impossible TargeT you're not doing very well.
    I feel confident saying it's probably impossible, not that it is impossible.

Unless you have specific knowledge about the twitter infrastructure which would be useful to share, because this would make the difference.

I do not know any specific information about twitter to back this, but I have worked with relational databases before and do understand how the back end of twitter works, it's a case study for DBA's (data base administrators) in high volume rapid transactions.

I have been working with systems *LIKE* twitter for years now and deeply understand the flow of data, I am SURE they did not re-invent the wheel (though they did come up with some very cool efficient methods).

Based on this, I feel confident saying it's probably impossible, not that it is impossible.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (14th September 2018), Lettherebelight (14th September 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th September 2018), Matthew (14th September 2018), Noelle (14th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (14th September 2018), Valerie Villars (14th September 2018)

24. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Thanks, TargeT....appreciate your view on a subject most of us know nothing about!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Noelle (14th September 2018), TargeT (14th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (14th September 2018)

26. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ok! Niiiice. Thank you TargeT. I would like to give more of my own background to support my point of view. I've worked on a wide variety of software products as a developer. I'm old, and although my experience is humble, in my breadth of experience I've seen the madness from commercial pressure, and the strain that puts on infrastructures. It's a constant pressure and it only takes one crisis for pressures to intensify and mung one of the many layers of the whole system. A popular system that's been going for a while, like twitter, with huge commercial pressure, ..well, I'm trying to say is I can believe the whole twitter system isn't as formulaically predictable as we think it should be.

Cool stuff, thanks for elaborating

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), Noelle (14th September 2018), TargeT (14th September 2018)

28. Link to Post #75
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'd also keep in mind here that, so far as I know (though I have not looked all that carefully) we are comparing timestamps here, not ultimate arrival times.
    1. Someone sends a tweet from their PC or phone.
    2. Twitter.com servers get the tweet and start processing it.
    3. During that processing, one of those servers stamps a time on it.
    4. Twitter.com servers store and rebroadcast that timestamped tweet.
    5. Other down stream apps and user PC/phones get that timestamped tweet
    6. Those other apps further process and do whatever with it, whenever.
    7. Those users eventually (seconds or hours later) view it.

I'd agree with TargeT that it is highly unlikely that from the time that the twitter.com server computers first get a new incoming tweet, until the time that they add a time stamp, is more than a fraction of a second, or perhaps occasionally under stress or severe loading, a few seconds.

If someone, anyone, can publish a separate message, accurately forecasting the content of an upcoming tweet, that is reliably time stamped more than a few seconds before the twitter.com provided time stamp on a tweet, then that it is probably certain that that someone had separate and prior knowledge of that upcoming tweet.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bob (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), happyuk (15th September 2018), Noelle (14th September 2018), TargeT (17th September 2018)

30. Link to Post #76
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I'd also keep in mind here that, so far as I know (though I have not looked all that carefully) we are comparing timestamps here, not ultimate arrival times.

I'd agree with TargeT that it is highly unlikely that from the time that the twitter.com server computers first get a new incoming tweet, until the time that they add a time stamp, is more than a fraction of a second, or perhaps occasionally under stress or severe loading, a few seconds.

If someone, anyone, can publish a separate message, accurately forecasting the content of an upcoming tweet, that is reliably time stamped more than a few seconds before the twitter.com provided time stamp on a tweet, then that it is probably certain that that someone had separate and prior knowledge of that upcoming tweet.
    I would also assume the same, but with a key whistleblower saying otherwise why dismiss with many assumptions, why not drill down unrelentingly? Experience says systems are not always as clean as others might have done it. And yes I would be surprised but why brush off this point of possible corroboration either way, when ..as far as I know, Q has not preempted Trumps tweets+++ since? I'm happy to be put out my mis[t]ery either way.
    Last edited by Matthew; 14th September 2018 at 16:12. Reason: mis[t]ery spelling 'fix'

31. Link to Post #77
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

That article is about how twitter is banning "mass tweet" apps & trying to "filter the noise out of the signal" and encourage higher "quality" tweets... zero to do with instability nor time delays.

I can see some API tie TO twitter being delayed (IE: twitter posts a tweet, and an app doesn't get it for a while), but you are not getting data out of twitter before it posts; definitely not with a 15 min lead..... That's not how it works; I could go into a lot of explanations about why but where should I even start? The data would have to be re-directed from trump to a middle site where it's held for 15 min and available to "q" before posting to twitter; that would be easily provable by the perpetrator.
    Yes, that article I posted is only vaguely on topic. I just posted it for fun. By your own admission, you have not worked with Twitter, only systems "like" Twitter. Have you have worked on systems the size and scale of Twitter before? Everything works fine at small or mid scale, but when systems get huge, a lot of rules go out of the window. So your predictions and mental models of how Twitter scale systems should work may not necessarily map to reality as well as you would like.

The problem is, you are not referencing any real facts surrounding the Twitter API, only your own *cough* "expert" experience, and your over-confidence that you know this situation deeply. You also do not have that detachment and humility necessary for a decent, long, drawn out conversation about large scale systems. I think you are too interested in laying the smack down and being right. tl;dr, your confidence is out of place and irksome to the long-form researcher.

As YoYoYo says, I would like to go about slowly corroborating (or discounting) that piece of evidence. I agree that a time-delay from an app is easily possible. Pre-empting a tweet is less likely, but still not impossible given that:

1) This is a Presidential Twitter account maybe subject to unique media/deep-state filtering.
    2) Twitter is huge and unpredictable.
    3) There are precedents for delayed tweets.

BTW, scheduled (user-delayed) tweets are available on Twitter. This is easily Googleable. As someone said earlier, as Trump is somewhat of a loose cannon, it is possible that his Tweets are subject to a review system. It may be possible that some layers of the API are not subject to that review system. We also have a claim from the whistleblower that Twitter changed their system at some point, and corresponding documentation from Twitter showing that the rules for their API did indeed change.

So it's an interesting mystery.

Instead of going round in circles, we could actually contact this whistleblower and see what he says.
    Last edited by Daozen; 14th September 2018 at 16:21.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Matthew (14th September 2018)

33. Link to Post #78
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

I would also assume the same, but with a key whistleblower saying otherwise why dismiss with many assumptions, why not drill down unrelentingly? Experience says systems are not always as clean as others might have done it. And yes I would be surprised but why brush off this point of possible corroboration either way, when ..as far as I know, Q has not preempted Trumps tweets+++ since? I'm happy to be put out my mis[t]ery either way.
    You made a key point here YoYoYo... The anti-Twitter-delay posters, are mainly working from their own assumptions, and dismissing claims of delays based on their own internal mental models. There is little effort being put into googling the specifics or even reading about the many problems Twitter have had working at a huge scale. This is not the way forward. I am not fiercely advocating that there was a definite delay, only that it is a matter worth investigating, for the pure fun of it.

The only way to uncover this is to look at each piece of evidence bit by bit.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

happyuk (15th September 2018), Matthew (14th September 2018), MistressJan (14th September 2018)

35. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

... but with a key whistleblower saying otherwise ...
    ... only that it is a matter worth investigating, for the pure fun of it ...
    Knock yourself out (slang for "go for it".) Enjoy your investigations.

I don't recall seeing anything that convinced me that this "key whistleblower" knew anything more, or even as much as, TargeT or myself.

Did I miss something (something above and beyond the individual's own self descriptions) ?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), Noelle (14th September 2018), TargeT (17th September 2018), Valerie Villars (14th September 2018)

37. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don't recall seeing anything that convinced me that this "key whistleblower" knew anything more, or even as much as, TargeT or myself.

Did I miss something (something above and beyond the individual's own self descriptions) ?
    Possibly... the whistleblower didn't claim technical expertise, they stated as a thing they knew being part of the team; it was Q's information source, this combined with '4am specials' and other sources.

Was it '4am wonders'? but it was 4am something. I might have to watch the more than an hour long video again...

><

The '4am specials' are not connected to twitter (instead to do with access of some news feed) other than the claims this is one of Q's sources, amongst others.
    Last edited by Matthew; 14th September 2018 at 16:59. Reason: removed QUOTE=D...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 4 13 LastLast