+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Avalon visit to the Hypogeum and other ancient sites in Malta 2019

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Default Proposed Avalon visit to the Hypogeum in Malta 2019

Ok. The head tour guide replied very quickly. I will just post his response as it is quite interesting. I asked him in my email if I would be able to have permission to take my recorder and my traveling didgeridoo into the Hypogeum and asked him to join us on the tour as he personally has never experienced the acoustics

It appears with his response that he will be supportive.

Quote Dear Billy
    thank you for getting in touch
    and for giving me such a wonderful report
    on the acoustics of our Hypogeum.
    I will do my best to encourage you in your research
    and hope that one day you will
    publish a paper.
    I also suggest that while you are here we can organise
    a public lecture and you can make a power point presentation.

As to your group's visit I suggest we talk further
    and see what their special requests would be.
    I can make suggestions of a particular tour.
    I deally i would gladly take them around myself.
    I have an apprehension about the date though.
    I have for a long time been working
    on the production of a feature film and so
    far we can say we should start
    shooting in September.
    It is not the first time we had to postpone
    so we have to play it by ear for the tour.
    Please let me known how I can help you in your
    pioneering research
    I wish you the best of success
    Cheers
    narcy
    Last edited by Billy; 28th April 2019 at 15:14.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (7th May 2019), Constance (30th April 2019), Jean-Marie (28th April 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (19th May 2019), leavesoftrees (1st May 2019), Mike (5th October 2019), Nasu (1st September 2019), Tintin (26th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks

We now have one more confirmed member joining us in Ma!ta in September. That now brings the total to 10 people, the exact number that can enter the Hypogeum on one tour. Luckily I had already booked the 10 place myself, just in case someone else wished to join us at this late stage.

I have not yet heard back from the head guide. I may have scared him away when I asked him if he could require permission for us all to visit and view the Skulls that were found in the Hypogeum which are locked away in the museum out of public view.
    At the same time he did not say that this not possible. I shall contact him again soon.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th July 2019), Constance (7th July 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (6th July 2019), leavesoftrees (7th July 2019), Mike (6th July 2019), Nasu (1st September 2019), Tintin (17th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

September is here and we can count down the days now when 10 of us from around the world gather in Malta to visit the Hypogeum and other ancient sites.

I am still waiting for official permission to be able to take my traveling didgeridoo, singing bowl and my hand held recorder inside the Hypogeum to test the acustics and hopefully record our efforts.
    The authorities are much more strict than they were in the past in granting permission to take instruments into the Hypogeum.
    The head guide Narcy is trying his best with the authorities at this moment to grant me permission.

Angelfire sent me this link a while back and I have only just listened to this song which was recorded by Jennifer Berezan inside the Hypogeum 20 yrs ago. She was permitted to record for three days after some effort and local help.

Enjoy.

Returning by Jennifer Berezan. Recorded in the Hypogeum 20 yrs ago.

In these arms, a song for all beings.

ReTurning: Recorded in the Oracle Chamber in the Hypogeum at Hal Saflieni, Malta

Looking back at the ancient peoples gives me a lot of hope and strength. I see that it is possible for us to live on this earth in a different way. Maybe we’re not going to see the change in our lifetime--probably not--but time is a very mysterious thing. Things do not always happen in the way we think they are going to.

I was singing inside the earth, in a place that had been used thousands of years for ritual, for oracles, for prophecy. It was obvious that the people who built it had an incredible understanding of acoustics and of the value and power of sound for healing.
    Life Passages
    I’ve been working with music in a spiritual way for a number of years now, following my desire to create and integrate music into our life passages and changes. Historically, people have used music for sacred events from birthing to dying to the planting of seeds, but corporatization has turned music into entertainment so that it is no longer central to our spiritual life and the day-to-day life of the community.
    We have very little music to help us through experiences of loss and change and death. My interest in using music in this way came to me partly through my own life crisis--an intense period of personal loss and change. When I made the album called She Carries Me, I received many letters saying, "I used this when my mother died," or "...when my lover went away," or "...when I was ill."

A Desire Catches Fire
    I had been leading trips to Malta with Joan Marler for several years. About one and a half years ago, we were able to go to the Hypogeum--an "underground tomb" that had been closed to the public for many years due to a restoration project. The Hypogeum of Malta was carved from solid limestone around 4000 B.C., before the time of metal, and is one of the most beautiful and extraordinary works of art on the planet.
    It was such an experience to walk those steps, three stories down into the underground chamber and to be inside the Earth, inside the body of the goddess. I had heard for many years that there is a room in the Hypogeum made specifically for sound. Even in mainstream archaeological journals and articles, this room is referred to as the "oracle chamber."
    For me, as a musician, this was incredibly exciting. A wonderful man named Joe, who is the custodian of the place, allowed me to sing in the oracle chamber. This was one of the most remarkable sonic experiences of my life. The oracle is a room in the larger series of chambers that make up the Hypogeum. It is carved of solid stone. The sound of singing there is not unlike that in the great cathedrals of the world. I have sung in St. James Cathedral in London, as well as in other cathedrals, and this experience was comparable. Yet it was also very different. There were overtones and qualities of different and unusual sounds, and it also seemed that the Hypogeum itself was -"tuned" to particular notes. I was singing inside the Earth, in a place that had been used for thousands of years for ritual, for oracles, for prophecy. It was obvious that the people who built it had an incredible understanding of acoustics, and of the value and power of sound for healing.
    After having this chance to sing and do ritual with our group in the oracle chamber, a desire to record there caught fire in me. As I was walking out of the Hypogeum, I knew that I had to come back with recording equipment. After months of negotiations with the museum authorities, and then through the help of some Maltese friends, I was given permission to go there and make a recording. This was the extraordinary opportunity of a lifetime--one that might never be granted again.
    Oracle Chamber Ceiling, The Hypogeum at Hal Saflieni, Malta. All photos provided by Jennifer
    The Musical Journey
    Some things that happen are so much bigger than we are. We step into a moment of time, and a door opens that takes us beyond our small personalities and ego understandings. That is how this felt. Once the final "yes" was spoken, all the doors flew open. To the mind, it was risky to take expensive digital recording equipment to the Mediterranean, go underground into this chamber and make a CD-quality recording. But the whole process was absolutely beautiful and easy.
    We were given the extraordinary gift of being trusted to be completely alone in this space for three days, with some of the world’s most important archaeological works of art. Throughout the Hypogeum and on the ceiling of the oracle chamber were 6,000-year-old red-ochre paintings. It’s very hard for me to recount what it was like. Initially I described the experience as being in an "altered state," but as I felt into that I realized that it was a deeply "authentic state." The world "out there," after I left the Hypogeum, seemed to be the altered reality.
    Being in the Hypogeum felt like home--comfortable, healing and grounding. A sense of compassion was awakening within me there for myself and for the friends I was with. I felt a profound peace and ecstasy--not just from being in this place, but from being able to make sound there. The whole place vibrated with our songs; it was exquisite, and beyond words.
    Because I had only three days, I had prepared a chant in advance--a repetitive chant that sings, "returning, returning, returning to the mother of us all." I also made the space to just listen to the place itself, to be with what was there, and to be attentive to what wanted to come through. Musically, it was a free and improvisational process. For three days, we recorded whatever emerged. Later we edited and mixed the tapes.
    I knew I needed an incredible engineer, someone with a deep understanding of acoustics who could express and capture on tape the profound quality of the sound there. So I asked Don Benedictson, a fellow Canadian with whom I had worked on my last record, Refuge. He’s known for his work with Ferron. Chris Webster also came with me. She worked on She Carries Me and sings on all my records. Her sister, Catherine Webster, an opera and early-baroque singer, came as well. We also took some sisters who had been to Malta before, and other good friends who had not yet made this trip. I wanted to create a sense of community, and to know that friends and priestesses were holding a sacred space while we recorded.
    Some Maltese friends came as well, including Marie Mifsud, a wonderful Maltese woman who has helped me with the tours and had opened many doors in Malta for Joan and me for many years. Marie helped with the logistics of the recording and was instrumental in getting us permission to record there. Marlene, another Maltese friend, also helped. This felt like a three-country project, representing the United States, Canada and Malta, and a very wonderful, mixed community of support.
    Hypogeum at Hal Saflieni, Malta
    Modern Entryway to the Sacred
    Because the Hypogeum is being turned into a tourist site, the entrance is different than it was historically. It’s very interesting, actually. You drive down a street in the town of Paola and there it is--a doorway that says "Hypogeum." This is not what most people would imagine--an ancient site oddly located in the middle of a bustling town.
    You get out of your car, walk in the front door, and you are in the lobby of a new visitor’s center. When we were there, they were just beginning renovation. We went through construction zones upstairs, and then descended down a spiral staircase. We emerged in the midst of a complex of adjoining circular rooms. Three floors of such rooms were carved from one solid piece of limestone, using flint and obsidian tools. Their beautiful round shapes have incredible ridges with complex lines. The shapes found in the temples of Malta above the ground are repeated underground in these egg-like, lobe-shaped rooms, resembling the forms of a female body.
    The bones of thousands of people were found in one of the rooms. It was obviously used as a burial chamber, the bones apparently brought down after the flesh had decayed. We do not know about the actual ritual, but we do know that many Neolithic people practiced two-stage burials. After vultures and other birds of prey had de-fleshed the body above ground, the bones were brought down, perhaps at specific seasonal times. According to the great archaeologist Marija Gimbutas, the Hypogeum was not only the tomb; it was also the womb.
    An area in the Hypogeum called the "Holy of the Holies" contains a model of an aboveground temple, linking what is above to what is beneath the ground. Most of the above- ground temples are aligned to the sun at the equinoxes and solstices, and to the stars and galaxies. Underground, one has the sense of being inside Earth, the deep womb of the goddess, and also of being connected to the sun and sky. To the ancients there is a continual cycle from birth to death to regeneration. It’s not that above ground is life and below it is death. There is a sense that all is held within the womb of the Mother-Creator. All is functioning within that. Life is not separated or dualistic. Reality is whole, and cyclical. There were certainly rituals for the dead, but the whole of ritual life in the Hypogeum was probably very much about the living as well.
    In archaeological manuals, I have seen aerial views of the Hypogeum as a series of adjacent chambers. Some theories indicate that the complex has not been entirely excavated, and that one hypogeum may be linked to another through underground tunnels. This is not a mainstream theory yet, but there are all kinds of possibilities and much more archaeological work to be done in Malta. Through the coming years, I think much more will be revealed. In fact, some underwater temples have recently been discovered off the Maltese
    coast. Some people believe that the dates of these temples and therefore of all the other temples in the area could be much earlier than is currently believed.

Spirals and Dreams
    Spirals from the Tarxien Temple, MaltaA major motif in Maltese art is the spiral. There are so many different kinds of spirals that they form their own language. On my last trip, I took pictures of these. The spirals that are present everywhere speak to the reality that life, death and regeneration are all being held within the body of the goddess.
    A famous sculpture called the Sleeping Lady of Malta was found in the Hypogeum. One theory is that she is pregnant, or wants to become pregnant, and has gone into the Hypogeum to incarnate the spirit of a dead ancestor. Or, maybe the Sleeping Lady of Malta came down into the temple to do dream incubation. Her position is similar to some Tibetan Buddhist dream- yoga poses. Associations with birth, with dreams and visioning for prophecy, greater wisdom and understanding add weight to the theory that the Hypogeum was much more than a burial chamber.

Restoration
    Malta is the home of many cultures built on top of one another. Presently, its population is ninety-nine percent Catholic. Most Maltese people are not aware of the importance of these sites, and many have never been to the temples. This is partly because the government itself did not take much interest in them until the rest of the world said, "Wow! These are the oldest free-standing temples in the world!" Stonehenge dates to about 3000 B.C., and the pyramids are considered to have been built around that time. Therefore, Malta’s 6,000-year-old temples are significantly older.
    Several years ago, the Hypogeum was put on the UNESCO list of protected sites and closed for restoration. In 1996, sophisticated controls were installed to regulate air temperature and humidity. Now, rather ugly metal railings establish control over where people can walk, and metal floor coverings protect the stones from wear and tear. This certainly changes the acoustics, the aesthetics and the emotional impact of this awesome and powerful space when it reopens soon. The good thing is that nothing has been drilled into or attached to the stone. Everything can be removed at any time. Some people I talked with in the museum are not happy with the way it looks, but they are happy that the mobile pieces can be removed or changed as
    needed. It’s a balancing act between protecting the structure itself and preserving the spirit of the place.

Theory vs. Knowing
    In January 1999, when we made our recordings, there were a coupleTwo views of Mnajdra Temple, Malta of metal railings, but the floors were still the original pure stone. This is one reason that our opportunity was such an historic occasion.
    In my trips to sacred goddess sites, women very often have a sense of returning to something they feel they absolutely know, and of having been there before. Certainly there were moments, when we were singing, that time and space seemed to become nonexistent. It felt as if something were opening, as if the crack between the worlds were widening. That felt deeply familiar to me.
    The archaeological world is interested in these sites, but its interpretation is different from that of Marija Gimbutas, who proposed a sacred goddess culture and peaceful egalitarian society in Neolithic Europe.
    There has been an enormous backlash against her work.
    Some Maltese archaeologists are more open, but even they have been affected by those in their field who refuse to deal with Marija’s evidence. Marija’s theories turn established archaeology on its head and threaten the traditional understanding of history, of civilization, and of gender relations. Having gone to sacred sites and museums over the years, I have no doubt that Marija was right on.
    Some male archaeologists question whether certain female figurines are indeed female, suggesting that they may be androgynous priests. One theory, published in Scientific American, proposed that the temples of Malta were made at a time when people were experiencing a great amount of stress due to environmental problems, and that food and survival issues made different tribes compete to build them. Such wild extrapolations and reactionary theories are being published as plausible mainstream ideas. Yet the primary
    audience for such theories is academia itself.
    On the other hand, a huge groundswell of people is becoming interested in Neolithic civilization to gain a broader understanding of history and of how we got where we are. People are eager to find other models for ways of living and being. Thousands of men and women are studying Marija’s theories and are traveling to ancient sites to feel the energy firsthand.
    Prehistoric Malta was devoid of weapons. The people were highly artistic, highly devotional, and connected to the cycles of nature. They lived peacefully in every way for thousands of years. That’s a remarkable achievement. If you look at our world, you cannot point to anything like that, and yet many people are looking for a different model to rebuild our world People who want to go to school and work with Marija’s material are having a hard time, since many professors are so narrow in their understandings.
    The real change is happening at a much more grassroots level. On a deeply intuitive body level, people are linking, dreaming, and starting to have a direct experience of an older tradition. That is also why there is such an interest in my music. I receive emails and calls from all over the world.
    Right before the Bronze Age, the Neolithic people of Malta disappeared. No one knows where they went, so this is an unsolved mystery. Maybe they left because they knew the patriarchal incursions were moving in their direction. Maybe they moved west and connected with the people who built the temples at New Grange in Ireland. There are certainly similarities in their symbolism, building technology and alignments. This is interesting to think about.
    For the last two years, Joan and I have led groups to Malta, and led a spring equinox ritual at the Temple of Mnajdra. We have been witness to the fact that these ancient people aligned their temples to the rising sun on equinox morning. As the rising sun shines through the entrance of the temple, it lights up the altar in the back. This is an incredible phenomenon. There is also a theory that this temple is aligned to the Pleiades at this time, which would display a deep astronomical understanding.

Music
    I have made five albums. Some reflect more of my singer/songwriter folk-music personality. Refuge, a very recent acoustic record with strings, cello and guitars, has a lot of Buddhist themes. Other music reflects my politics and my love of Earth. All of this music feels very personal, whether it is political in content, or a love song, or of a spiritual nature.
    I began to understand the power of repetitive chanting through working with Vicki Noble in her healing circles for many years. We would sing and chant and drum for hours. Whereas pop songs played on the radio can be no more than three and a half minutes long, indigenous people understand the power of singing all night long. They sometimes sing and dance and pray for days. Ceremonies use the power of music--drumming, rhythm and repetition--to change our state of consciousness and to heal our bodies, psyches and emotions. This opens the doorway to our most authentic selves, to the other worlds, and opens our hearts.
    She Carries Me (1995) explores the realm of meditative and trance music specifically designed for rituals and life passages. This album features a twenty-four-minute multi-layered chant track in honor of the Buddhist goddess Kuan Yin, the Tibetan goddess Tara and Mother Mary. It also features a spoken work by Olympia Dukakis and music by acclaimed violinist Darol Anger. It is being used in so many ways--at countless healing centers, hospitals, in the death-and-dying movement, at birthings and other rituals, and for personal meditation.

ReTurning
    For my new album, ReTurning, I wanted to make an entire CD without breaks. It consists of one piece that is fifty-two minutes long. At the base is the chant "to the mother of us all" that we recorded in the Hypogeum. To that we added layer upon layer of drone and improvisation. In my desire to pray to and bring forth our whole legacy of female deities from all over the world, I added in the whispered names of hundreds of goddesses.
    I have been following a Buddhist practice for many years, and felt drawn to chant a prayer from the Heart Sutra in the Hypogeum--Gate, Gate, Paragate, Parasamgate, Bodhi Swaha. It is about the impermanence of life--"Gone, gone, gone beyond, gone beyond the farthest beyond" and evokes the Goddess of Perfect Wisdom. The Goddess changes everything she touches; all things are changing and cyclical. We brought back all these layers on tape to Berkeley.
    I wanted to make the album a beautiful weave of various cultural traditions. African-American singer Linda Tillery added a beautiful song/prayer to the West African goddess Yemaya, the Ocean Mother. Sharon Birch, a Navajo singer, chants in Navajo for Mother Earth. Qwaali singers Sukhawat Ali Khan and Riffat Salamat sing in the Pakistani tradition, improvising in an eastern scale, which to me felt similar to music originally played in the Hypogeum. A beautiful trance-like drum carries the whole thing forward; the hand drums and percussion are played by Rick Lazar (percussionist for Loreena McKennitt).
    The music came together on its own, without much planning. The entire layered piece moves and grows and changes, as an expression of cyclical reality, and turned out much more beautiful than I had planned. What magically emerged when we mixed all the sounds together was something like an underground river: You can choose to follow different pathways, but because there are other streams flowing simultaneously at the same time, the rational mind has to let go. This great release helps you naturally enter into another state.

Bio
    Jennifer Berezan Photos providedAs a little girl, I started playing my guitar in the second grade. I grew up Catholic, and after Vatican II I noticed a more mystical-nature base and folk-music presence in the church music. I was very connected to that until I became a feminist and got an under-graduate degree in comparative religion. Eventually I left the church, but continued to develop as a musician, playing in coffeehouses, bars and lounges. Eventually, I moved into concert circuits and conferences. I played at political events in Alberta, Canada, for peace groups, Latin-American and African solidarity events, and for every women’s issue you could think of. I moved to the States, studied with Matthew Fox at the Institute for Creation Spirituality, and completed my master’s degree in 1984. At that time I also started making connections in the women’s spirituality world and playing music in that context.
    I co-teach a class with Arisika Razak called "Women’s Sacred Art" at the California Institute of Integral Studies, lead trips to sacred sites and teach a workshop for women called "The Ecstasy of Sound" in which I use sound, song, chanting and rhythm in a ritual context to connect women to their ancient roots. I also still perform folk music.
    The project I’m most excited about now is the concert/ritual we are producing on February 6, 2000. Over seventy musicians, dancers, poets and ritualists will perform ReTurning as a prayerful and ecstatic community event. (See ad p.13) It is being sponsored by the California Institute of Integral Studies and is a benefit for the film and book projects about Marija Gimbutas and the women’s spirituality department at California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS).

Copyright © 2000 Grace Millennium (All rights reserved)

Source:
    https://creation-designs.com/gracemi...ml/berezan.htm

Peace

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (1st October 2019), Bill Ryan (1st September 2019), Bluegreen (11th September 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (1st September 2019), Mark (6th September 2019), Mike (5th October 2019), Nasu (1st September 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), ronny (1st September 2019), Stephanie (18th September 2019), Sunny (7th September 2019), Tintin (17th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Jennifer who I mentioned above, was also allowed to take pictures 20 yrs ago.
    Although this is black and white and pixilated, it is probably one off the best that shows the red ochre spiral paintings on the ceiling of the oracle chamber, Even when you are standing in front of them it is difficult to make them out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190901_173816.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	41487

Peace

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

avid (1st September 2019), Bill Ryan (1st September 2019), Franny (5th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (4th September 2019), Mike (5th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Stephanie (18th September 2019), Sunny (7th September 2019), Tintin (17th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Ancient sound technology.
    Those that know the secret of the sound know the mystery of the whole universe. Hazrat Inayat Khan.

Peace

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (1st October 2019), Bill Ryan (6th September 2019), Franny (5th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (5th October 2019), Krist (5th October 2019), Mark (6th September 2019), Mike (5th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), RunningDeer (7th October 2019), Stephanie (18th September 2019), Tintin (17th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Default Re: Avalon visit to the Hypogeum and other ancient sites in Malta 2019

Hi again everyone.
    The Avalon gathering in Malta was a great success. A total of 9 souls made the effort to travel from around the world to meet up and visit the underground Hypogeum and two more ancient temple sites that are above ground. 6 Avalon members and 3 non members joined as a group. 2 from Australia, 2 from Belgium, 1 from the USA, 1 from Israel and 3 from the UK.

For me it was a great honour to be in the company of amazing kindred souls who were all very kind, caring, patient and very awake. One was only able to be with us a for 3 days. Most stayed a week and 2 stayed a few days longer. Everyone but myself has now left and are all safely home again.

I have been here 2 weeks today and have at least 3 more weeks left before I return home.
    I wanted to make sure everyone had returned home safely, then a little reflection time before I began sharing our experience together.

I am of course am hoping all those who are members, are going to add their own accounts of their experiences, as each individual will have their own personal experience to share and every experience was different for each individual.

I am sharing this in the members only forum for the time being, if everyone agrees to post our experiences in the public forum later, I am absolutely fine with that decision.
    I have permission to share some photos of our group but I will leave each individual to identify themselves if they feel inclined.

There was no photographs allowed at the Hypogeum, so the following photos are from the nearby Tarxien Temple which we visited straight after our Hypogeum visit as the temple is only walking distance from the Hypogeum. I have much to share concerning our Hypogeum experience. Something quite amazing happened, I will share that in a separate post.

Our first ever meeting together the day before we headed to visit the sites.

Name:	IMG_20191005_124759.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	427.7 KB
ID:	41613

Our group. The first one I took.

Name:	20190925_155924.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	746.6 KB
ID:	41611

The second one I am there kneeling at the front right hand side.

Name:	20190925_155952.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	954.6 KB
ID:	41612

That's all for now folks

Peace

12. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (7th October 2019), Baby Steps (5th October 2019), Bill Ryan (5th October 2019), Bluegreen (6th October 2019), Cara (5th October 2019), ClearWater (5th October 2019), Franny (5th October 2019), Gracy (5th October 2019), Hervé (5th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (5th October 2019), Krist (5th October 2019), leavesoftrees (8th October 2019), Libico (8th October 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th October 2019), Mike (5th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Nasu (19th August 2021), Oxygen (6th October 2019), petra (7th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Rosemarie (5th October 2019), RunningDeer (7th October 2019), Tintin (5th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #67
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Awesome to see beautiful souls gathered together like that, and in sacred places to boot! Thank you for the pictures and for sharing Billy, can't wait to see more, and hear some stories!

14. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

Our visit to the Hypogeum

Although I had been granted permission to take my traveling didgeridoo, singing bowls and my small recorder inside the Hypogeum
    With the help of Narcy the head tourist guide and also Russel, one of the managers in the Heritage Malta association. I had packed them before I left my village in the Highlands to head to catch my plane in Edinburgh to head to Malta.
    On the last minute the curator of the Hypogeum said "No, not allowed" I was very disappointed but took them with me anyway.
    Narcy the head guide was furious at this last minute decision and told them so. He told me to take them to the Hypogeum and explain just in case like my last visit a year ago I may be able to test the sound with them.
    But it was obvious when we arrived that this was not going to happen, I introduced myself and the first words from the Hypogeum guide was. "Ah yes, we know all about you" she had been pre-warned as if I was someone who meant harm. I was told I would not be allowed to be left alone in the oracle chamber as I was last time. We must stick together as a group, she was watching like a hawk, so there was no way I could record anything. I showed her my didgeridoo and singing bowls and she asked me to play a little.
    She loved the look and sound, she melted a little and became more helpful.

She said I could do toning and if our group as a whole wished to stay longer in the oracle chamber together, we could do so. She also said that we could turn off our guided tour dictaphones if we wanted. Most of us did this.

we took it in our stride with acceptance and did not cause a fuss.

Ok, now for the good part.
    After the visual video demonstration then our walk through the little museum where one of the original skulls that was found is on display. We finally entered the Hypogeum.
    We made our way to the oracle chamber and decided we would like to stay longer than the usual 3 minutes. I reckon we were there around 20 minutes which is half the total tour time allocated.

I felt much more relaxed being in the company of such lovely souls than I was last year being with complete strangers, plus I had more time to play around with different tones, chants and overtones. Only one of the group joined in with a toning. But this was a great help as I could hear him tone then I could continue the tone for better reverberation.
    I can only tone for a wee while, so after 20 mins I suggested we continue the tour so that everyone could see the rest of this magical Hypogeum.

We left the oracle chamber and headed down to the place they call the holy of holies. At this point we are the furthest away from the oracle chamber as we could be. We were there I reckon around 10 minutes, others say maybe 8 minutes. But quite a long time. When most of us present heard some toning that seemed to come from the oracle chamber. My first thought was that one of our group had sneaked back up and was toning. But I looked around and we were all still together. I looked at the guide and she gave me a confused raised eyebrow.
    I then realized that the toning I was hearing was actually my voice returning somehow after all that time. We were all a tad confused but in awe. How is this possible? An echo lasts only a few seconds but in the Hypogeum much longer, maybe 10 seconds. But never 8-10 minutes. I have to reread the Archaeoacoustic report again that is posted on the other thread somewhere.
    Out of the 9 in our group, 7 of us heard this plus the guide I am sure.

Quote quote from the Archaeoacoustic analysis of the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum
    http://jaanet.info/journals/jaa/Vol_...une_2015/4.pdf

This chamber seems to be the center for generating resounding echoes that
    continue into other parts of the Hypogeum with a pinball effect. At the right
    frequency, there is an amplification not only of the sound but also its duration.
    During our experiments, it was reported that some sounds in the Hypogeum
    reverberated (or echoed) for as much as 7 or 8 seconds after the original sound had
    stopped. These would be the resonant frequencies.
    A 7-8 seconds echo was registered.

My daughter back in Scotland phoned me later that evening and asked how it all went. When I told her what had happened, she replied, Oh how amazing that the caves sang back to you.

I told Bill and the mods in our chat room. Bill coined a new term. "An interdimensional echo" which could explain what happened.

Anyways, for me a absolutely wonderful experience and the highlight of our tour.
    But there is much more to come.
    Last edited by Billy; 12th October 2019 at 07:35.

Peace

15. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (7th October 2019), Bill Ryan (5th October 2019), Cara (6th October 2019), ClearWater (5th October 2019), Franny (5th October 2019), Gracy (5th October 2019), Hervé (5th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (5th October 2019), leavesoftrees (5th October 2019), Libico (8th October 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2019), Mike (5th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Nasu (19th August 2021), Oxygen (6th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Rosemarie (5th October 2019), RunningDeer (7th October 2019), Tintin (5th October 2019)

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

I am going to share one person's experience while in the Hypogeum with our group. This person is not a member therefore cannot share it themselves, but I have permission to share on their behalf.
    As I said, each individual had their own personal experience.

~~~~~~
    When I entered the hypogeum main room, I did not have my audio device on. I wanted to feel my way through the temple and not pre-load with their story. I stood behind Billy in the Oracle chamber and held my hands out feeling the energies with my eyes closed. The energies were incredible. My whole body was vibrating. I was feeling the waves going through the air with my hands.

About half way through the toning I opened my eyes and in the darkness above I saw thin white grey wisps of energy patterns lightly glowing, and dancing. Some of them were in the shape of spirals. I should have had my eyes open during the whole experience. Our group moved to the next room, I could see thin white grey outlines of people moving about. It was as if their outlines lightly glowed light. I could only see this in the areas that were completely dark and not artificially floor illuminated areas. The energies became so strong that I had tears in my eyes.

Peace

17. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (7th October 2019), Bill Ryan (5th October 2019), Cara (6th October 2019), ClearWater (5th October 2019), Franny (5th October 2019), Gracy (5th October 2019), Hervé (5th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (5th October 2019), leavesoftrees (5th October 2019), Libico (8th October 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2019), Mike (5th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Oxygen (6th October 2019), petra (7th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Rosemarie (5th October 2019), RunningDeer (7th October 2019), Tintin (5th October 2019)

18. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Billy did some toning in the Oracle chamber of the Hypogeum. He had wanted to bring his didgeridoo to hear how the rocks would respond to its sound. But Heritage Malta would not allow it so we had to be content with Billy’s voice - which BTW was very good! The acoustics were extraordinary - this is a neolithic site where a series of chambers have been hollowed out of the limestone bedrock - more than likely through the use of sound, for it is impossible to see how it could have been done with chiselling as mainstream archeologists suggest. It is most likely that the Hypogeum is a temple designed to utilise and enhance the healing quality of the human voice. I felt as though we were in some chthonic creature’s eardrum. Five or more minutes after Billy had stopped chanting, out of the silence of the cave, Billy’s chanting echoed back at us. It was as though the walls had taken his chant into themselves and savoured the flavour of that sound for which they have been carved, savoured the chant that they no longer hear and sent it back to us as a thank you.

19. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

angelfire (7th October 2019), Bill Ryan (5th October 2019), Billy (6th October 2019), Bluegreen (8th October 2019), Cara (6th October 2019), Gracy (6th October 2019), Hervé (5th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (6th October 2019), Libico (8th October 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Oxygen (6th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Rosemarie (5th October 2019), RunningDeer (7th October 2019), Tintin (5th October 2019)

20. Link to Post #71
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

First of all, thank you Billy for having this Avalonian get-together organized in Malta!
    It was my first time to meet others from this forum "in real life", and I hope this can happen more often.

It was my second visit to the Hypogeum, and it was very different from my first one, about 14 years ago.

In 2004 one could walk around the Hypogeum, just about anywhere. There were no walkways, controlled temperature, etc. The visit then was also in groups of 10, so that did not change. It was in 2004 easier to "get a feel" of the Hypogeum, I wonder what would have happened if Billy could have toned then.

One thing I found "strange", is that in 2004 I had seen in several places, ceilings covered with 5-pointed ochre stars, a bit similar to those in Egypt. The goddess Sopdet is always pictured with this type of star above her head.

This could (maybe) be a possible link between Egypt (early dynasties) and Malta in the time of the Hypogeum.

What is puzzling, is that now these stars are nowhere to be seen in the Hypogeum anymore. No pictures can be found of them either (or I could not find any). The guide wasn't aware of any stars like this (or so she said).

So, where did they go? I am not talking about one or two stars but of complete ceilings covered with them.

Anyone else has seen those stars, around 2004 or before?

Billy chanting in the oracle chamber was very special. Something to remember forever.

Meeting the others of the group was a great experience, I hope more trips together can follow.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th October 2019 at 19:28. Reason: fixed the line formatting a little

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

angelfire (7th October 2019), Bill Ryan (6th October 2019), Billy (6th October 2019), Bluegreen (6th October 2019), Cara (7th October 2019), Gracy (6th October 2019), Hervé (6th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), leavesoftrees (7th October 2019), Libico (8th October 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), petra (7th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), RunningDeer (7th October 2019), Tintin (7th October 2019)

22. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Thank you Leavesoftrees and Keyholder for your input, it was a great pleasure for me to meet you both in the flesh also. And yes to hopefully gathering again sometime in the future at more ancient sites.

I am going to share some interesting information that the guide at the Hypogeum shared with our group. She said that another Hypogeum had been discovered which was immediately covered over to protect it, and that archaeological excavations were soon to be beginning. This new site unlike the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum has never been built over and is unspoilt in a field.

After some research I found that the site was first discovered 35yrs ago in Santa Lucija, which is not far away from the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum.
    Some links with info.
    http://archive.maltatoday.com.mt/2009/04/19/t13.html

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/vi...project.734314

This is a temple rescue team site on FB. Well worth a read and other sites are mentioned.
    https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?se...3066506&type=3

As far as being refused permission to take my didgeridoo and singing bowls inside the Hypogeum after being granted permission, all may not be lost.
    After searching through the above FB temple rescue page, I found this just a couple of hours ago.

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-07-11-06-19-669.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	41626

It is a catacomb with acoustics where I may be allowed to take my instruments, note the didgeridoo and singing bowl in the picture, what a coincidence.

https://m.facebook.com/Templerescuem...pe=3&source=48
    Last edited by Billy; 7th October 2019 at 12:22.

Peace

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (7th October 2019), Bill Ryan (7th October 2019), Cara (7th October 2019), Gracy (7th October 2019), Hervé (7th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), leavesoftrees (8th October 2019), Libico (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), petra (7th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), RunningDeer (7th October 2019), Tintin (7th October 2019)

24. Link to Post #73
    Scotland Avalon Member angelfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 241 posts

It was certainly a trip to remember and so lovely to meet and make new Avalonian friends.

The trip to the Hypogeum and the experience of the returning echo has now convinced me that vibrations and sound have been instrumental in creating the world's megalithic sites and I'm always reminded of the opening words of the Bible whenever I ponder this: "In the beginning was the word......" i.e. sound and all that was created by it.

Although Valetta is historically and culturally so rich, I much preferred the island of Gozo for it's more peaceful ambience and I treasure the memory of our visit there to the Ta Pinu church in Gharb. It's dedicated to the Virgin Mary who reputedly, in the 19th century, spoke to a local village woman from the altarpiece telling her to pray and recite three hail Mary's. Apparently there have been miraculous healings in the area since that time. I'm not a churchy kid of person but the energy of that building was so soft, gentle and feminine and healing indeed! I'd love to have stayed longer but time did not permit.

So that now I'm back in Scotland where the temperature is way cooler than Malta (Billy I'm jealous) I can hopefully look forward to another trip next year, possibly to Romania to visit the Sphinx and other sites as some of us have felt similarly inspired by Peter Moon and Radu Cinamar's "Transylvanian Sunrise" - an incredible account of a mysterious sealed chamber containing a holographic Hall of Records.

Many thanks to Billy for organising the trip and I hope you do finally get to play that didgeridoo inside the Hypogeum!

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th October 2019), Billy (8th October 2019), Bluegreen (8th October 2019), Cara (8th October 2019), Gracy (7th October 2019), Hervé (8th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), leavesoftrees (8th October 2019), Libico (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), RunningDeer (7th October 2019), Tintin (8th October 2019)

26. Link to Post #74
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 times in 146 posts

Having been the first real vacation I had been on in a number of years, I am delighted to have spent it with my fellow Avalonians and friends. The first day we all met as a group was particularly enjoyable - sitting around a table with snacks and beers with 8 other kindred souls was an experience to remember, being able to be open and honest with each other about our thoughts and experiences was like a breath of fresh air.

The Hypogeum was absolutely incredible and a place I could easily have spent many hours in just meditating and absorbing the intensity of the site. In the oracle chamber while Billy and Keyholder were toning it was thrilling to actual feel the resonance myself - what was baffling (and took me a half a minute to realize what I had just heard) was hearing a strong echo of Billy's louder tone come back to us ~10 minutes after we left the oracle chamber. During the tour the guide had her audio box on and there was faint ambient chinking sound (simulating mining out rocks to build the place) and I recall at first thinking the echo was just ambience added for effect despite being much louder until I recognized a 1:1 match of Billy's voice. In my mind that would mean that the Hypogeum would have had to capture Billy's voice, harnass/hold it for 8-10 minutes and then return it to us with a near similar pitch/tone. The lower chambers were closed off so we couldn't explore, one has to wonder what kind of structure is able to harness something traveling at the speed of sound for such a long time and return it - what kind of neolithic builders have the capability to build something so precise?

On my last day there (sadly was only able to stay for 3 days) I went on an absolutely gorgeous early morning coastal/cliff-side hike from Hagar Qim/Mjanadra to a nearby village and back to meet up with Billy, Jean, and leavesoftrees + his friend to explore the two sites. I wish I could have had more time there, especially to explore Gozo with everyone the following day - Malta is such a unique place with an incredible wealth of archeological sites that I think a month wouldn't be enough time to properly see everything.

Thank you Billy for initiating this!

27. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

angelfire (8th October 2019), Bill Ryan (8th October 2019), Billy (8th October 2019), Bluegreen (8th October 2019), Cara (8th October 2019), Gracy (8th October 2019), Hervé (8th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), leavesoftrees (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), RunningDeer (8th October 2019), Tintin (8th October 2019)

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Thank you Angelfire and Libico for your inputs.

The long delay for my toning to return in the Hypogeum is a true mystery. I would say that it is scientifically impossible for that to happen, but obviously not. If I had been allowed to use my recorder I am positive that it would have recorded the return echo. I am just delighted that we have witnesses to the fact that it happened.
    A few suggestions have been put forward.

1. My toning entered a portal, then returned.

2. The stone itself harnessed the toning, then sent it back after a long delay.
    (As my daughter said, the caves sang back to you)

3. The myths, legends and first hand witness testimonials are true. There exists a race of people underground and they copied my toning and sent it back. I hope they appreciated my toning efforts

4. One option I am thinking on is that the Hypogeum that we visited and the new unearthed Hypogeum are connected either physically with tunnels or some ethereality way out of space and time. That would be an interesting experiment to carry out when they excavate the new Hypogeum.
    If toning in one can be heard in the other ?

I am interested in what others think.

Our visit to the Hagar Qim and Mnajdra temples

Not everyone in our group came with us to these sites. 2 had gone to stay on Gozo and 2 wanted to stay at home in Valletta.
    I think these temples which are next to each other are far more impressive than the Tarxien Temple near the Hypogeum which is in the middle of a town.
    The Hagar Qim and Mnajdra temples are on the south side of Malta in open countryside overlooking the sea. Quite a spectacular setting.

Name:	20190926_133357.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	627.1 KB
ID:	41627. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190926_132519.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	668.4 KB
ID:	41628

Name:	20190926_132509.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	41629. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190928-WA0082.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	41630

Name:	IMG-20190928-WA0099.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	41631

Peace

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (8th October 2019), Bill Ryan (8th October 2019), Bluegreen (8th October 2019), Cara (8th October 2019), Gracy (8th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), petra (8th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Rosemarie (10th October 2019), RunningDeer (8th October 2019), Tintin (8th October 2019)

30. Link to Post #76
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,592 times in 5,410 posts

Melita, heals she will

As far as trips go they really don’t come more exceptional than this.

In my humble view I am going to suggest that Malta itself is a gateway, or portal, to another dimension such was the pull it exerted. That may go some way to explaining why the Templars made a bee-line for it well over a thousand years ago.

(Never mind the Ottomans )

That’s no great conceptual leap there.

The Ħal Saflieni Hypogeum offered a clue: the two extraordinary moments that Billy shared in his posts above would be testament to the interdimensional angle, and, Bill’s observations regarding the “interdimensional echo” - I agree, a nice turn of phrase there - closely mirrored my perception of the experience of Billy’s toning feedback loop echoing through and beyond the ages.

And its healing power.

My first words immediately following that were: “Billy, you do realise that what we’ve just heard is your voice resonating around the chamber, about 10 minutes later?” Others had picked up on it too, of course.

Again, I’d strongly recommend that those of you interested in this unique event, do read the link Billy has provided to the archaeoacoustic analysis here.

This is - and was for the duration of the trip, and beyond - a spiritual group of just some of the loveliest and most interesting people you could spend time in the company of, and it was a divine joy to have met you all, and some for the first time. Many an extraordinary shared experience encompassing lucid dreaming, past lives, palpable psychic phenomena, Greco-Roman art, music, and good humour caressed many of the conversations; being there in those moments with you all I shall forever treasure.

The Tarxien Temple “singing bowl jam” was another beautiful moment (thanks Billy ) - it sort of made up a little for us not being able to do the same in the Hypogeum; perhaps another time - or indeed in the recently discovered other - there will be an opportunity.

And maybe, if I haven’t actually decided to relocate and settle in Malta for good, I could take my guitar. Man, I was getting itchy fingers.

The Maltese people are indeed some of the warmest and most accommodating I’ve found anywhere - they truly can’t do enough for you. This includes our lovely driver Joanne who took us to Gozo on the Friday - she became an honorary Avalonian for the day!

Apart from her coercing me to play with the fishes (not swim with them )while we lunched harbourside in Marsalforn, the other unexpected pleasure was that later in the day she drove us to the quite serene, beautiful, and moving Ta’ Pinu shrine, situated in Gharb, site of a purported Maryan vision in 1883. In stark contrast to any other religious site I’d ever been to before, this was amongst the most genuinely spiritual I’d ever visited.

And, the sunset over Africa on the ferry back, and, the size of the moon - it seemed very much larger over Malta.

A huge hug as well not only to all of you but my glorious house-mates (Jean and angelfire) while we were living in Malta on the trip; you were, and remain, the most wonderful of live-in companions - thank you

One more thing to acknowledge of course, and that is Keyholder’s exceptional culinary acumen, whipping up a splendid meal on the Tuesday as both he and Martine (his partner) stayed on and entertained us at the apartment quite long into the night. Thank you

to all, always.

Tintin
    Last edited by Tintin; 8th October 2019 at 13:58.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

angelfire (8th October 2019), Bill Ryan (8th October 2019), Billy (8th October 2019), Bluegreen (8th October 2019), Cara (8th October 2019), Gracy (8th October 2019), Hervé (8th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), leavesoftrees (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), petra (8th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Rosemarie (10th October 2019), RunningDeer (8th October 2019)

32. Link to Post #77
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    [Again, I’d strongly recommend that those of you interested in this unique event, do read the link Billy has provided to the archaeoacoustic analysis here.

Ta’ Pinu shrine,
    Hi Tintin. Feel free to correct the links and delete this post.

PS I'm enjoying the photos and stories. Thanks, All for sharing.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 8th October 2019 at 13:19.

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

angelfire (8th October 2019), Bill Ryan (8th October 2019), Billy (8th October 2019), Gracy (8th October 2019), Hervé (8th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Rosemarie (10th October 2019), Tintin (8th October 2019)

34. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you and hi Running Deer - no need to delete the post and I'm very glad you're enjoying the memories being shared here.

Hey, you should join us next time
    Last edited by Tintin; 8th October 2019 at 13:59.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

angelfire (8th October 2019), Bill Ryan (8th October 2019), Billy (8th October 2019), Gracy (8th October 2019), Hervé (8th October 2019), Hym (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), RunningDeer (8th October 2019)

36. Link to Post #79
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,033 times in 910 posts

As is known by many here the use of caves to heal ourselves, to heal others and to intonate to the healing energies of our environments is as old as the creation of these bodies we temporarily find homes in. I am so happy that Billy and a group of our Avalon friends, family for sure, have had these rekindling experiences in just such places.

The structure of not only our sound and song instruments, the chambers of our mouths, but also the varied instruments of others here on this planet, animals and those beings with a much more advanced and complex language, like the acoustic abilities of whales, dolphins and sasqwatch, tell us of something lost but once revisited, found immediately as close to our hearts. Go into an empty hallway or a stairwell and sing. Chant if you will. You'll know what I mean.

Though the sound in a room is clear, it is the resonance, the reverberation of your voice that allows us to hear ourselves much more clearly. It is in this listening, Soon-ee-eh, that we find the ability to adjust ourselves to the intonation that more closely contacts our true nature.

There are some systems that teach us to hear our tonal selves much more clearly. Any system that comes closer to primal sound, some calling them sacred, will create the atmosphere of healing. Tibetan Pulsation, KotoDama, the Naad of Gurmookee, the prayers of the Jains, and the prayers of the native, indigenous tribes worldwide all carry these songs of the soul.

My only conflict with any of those methods is the preposterous interpretations of some of those who would guarantee any effects or promise any results from the practice of these sound systems. The interpretation and use of them should only be guided by your interpretations and experiences alone, as you have the solutions within each one of you, solutions far more correct and exacting, certainly more appropriate and soulful than any guide or guru or teacher can suggest.

Gotta go now. Looking for new living digs. I'll share some insightful experiences when I get back.

Love, Hymn
    Last edited by Hym; 8th October 2019 at 15:08.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

angelfire (8th October 2019), Bill Ryan (8th October 2019), Billy (8th October 2019), Gracy (8th October 2019), Hervé (8th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), RunningDeer (8th October 2019), Tintin (8th October 2019)

38. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    I am so happy that Billy and a group of our Avalon friends, family for sure, have had these rekindling experiences in just such places.
    [emphasis added]

Yes

I'd describe more succinctly my takeaway from this most wonderful of adventures; that it left me feeling spiritually and mentally reinvigorated

Good luck with the living digs search Hym

39. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

angelfire (8th October 2019), Bill Ryan (8th October 2019), Billy (8th October 2019), Gracy (10th October 2019), Hym (9th October 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2019), leavesoftrees (8th October 2019), Mike (8th October 2019), mountain_jim (9th October 2019), Pieman (14th March 2020), Rosemarie (10th October 2019), RunningDeer (8th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast