+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cybertopia - Dreams of Silicon Valley - What's Really Going On ?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,026 times in 8,167 posts

Default Cybertopia - Dreams of Silicon Valley - What's Really Going On ?

This thread is for everything about 'Silicon Valley' and it's people. From how it got started to where it is now and where it is intent upon being in the future.

Please consider this thread a place to gather together pieces of the big picture, as you find them.

I don't know where it will go. The only objective is to get to the clearest truth we can about this powerful movement, the politics and the passions.

I want to kick it off with this 2015 short documentary from which I got the idea of the title of the thread. The opinions and ideas expressed in this 48 minute film are thought provoking and challenging for people who have other concerns in other fields of the human society.

For myself, I think, "who do these people think they are?", "why is their usurping of every societal structure so automatically assumed to be the kind of change that's going to be good for us?", "is it the new left?", "does it have to be?".

I found myself considering the complete wipe out of checks and balances, for one thing. Let me know what thoughts it brings up for you. And please add stuff.

vpro documentary
    Published on 4 Feb 2015

What is the vision of cyber-utopists in Silicon Valley? They are responsible for a revolution that shapes our lives on all levels.This is a portrait of Cybertopia. We read the gospel according to Steve Jobs, download the latest apps and are in awe of Google.

This revolution is shaped by new programmers, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in Silicon Valley. They have the knowledge, networks and money. Perhaps the idea that Silicon Valley wants to be separated from the United States, is a prelude to what awaits us. Originally broadcasted by VPRO in 2015.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

anandacate (4th October 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (3rd October 2018), drneglector (3rd October 2018), Flash (4th October 2018), Franny (3rd October 2018), Harmony (7th November 2021), Jayke (3rd October 2018), jjjones (5th October 2018), Nasu (4th October 2018), Noelle (3rd October 2018), Rawhide68 (3rd October 2018), Sadieblue (4th October 2018), Satori (3rd October 2018), sunwings (3rd October 2018), toppy (4th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 times in 638 posts

Default Re: Cybertopia - Dreams of Silicon Valley - What's Really Going On ?

I started a thread last year on Silicon Valley, it is a really interesting subject.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Valley--BBC2-

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (3rd October 2018), Flash (4th October 2018), Franny (3rd October 2018), Nasu (4th October 2018), norman (3rd October 2018), Rawhide68 (3rd October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

Maybe not directly related to the subject "Silicon Valley" but I just watched this newly released docu about AI, transhumanism, singularity, quantum compuers and so on.
    Where are we going with all this ?

Both Richard Dolan and David Wilcock contribute with some good thought's.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (4th October 2018), Flash (4th October 2018), frodo13 (4th October 2018), jjjones (5th October 2018), Michi (4th October 2018), Nasu (4th October 2018), norman (4th October 2018), Sadieblue (4th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 times in 307 posts

This is totally scary.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), norman (4th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,026 times in 8,167 posts

BUMP [edited]

The opinions and ideas expressed in this 48 minute film are thought provoking and challenging for those who think.

For myself, I think, "who do these people think they are?" and for the world, I think "who are they, really?". Why is their usurping of every societal structure, check and balance, so automatic?

Quote Posted by norman (here)

vpro documentary
    Published on 4 Feb 2015

Quote What is the vision of cyber-utopists in Silicon Valley? This is a portrait of Cybertopia. We read the gospel, download the latest apps and are in awe of Google.

They have the knowledge, networks and money.

Originally broadcasted by VPRO in 2015.

"It's a Feedback Loop, Absolutely"
    Last edited by norman; 7th November 2021 at 09:04.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

+ Reply to Thread