+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adoption from another culture is genocide

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Default Adoption from another culture is genocide

found this going around the Facebook circuit... never thought of this as genocide... but it is...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	adoption-genocide.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	39296

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

toppy (14th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Adoption from another culture is genocide

That is what Facebook is designed for, to inject into your consciousness ideas that you did not habour beforehand & sadly as in this case not all of them are for your betterment...

Please close your account on that site.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Hazelfern (14th October 2018), toppy (14th October 2018), wondering (14th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 348 posts

Agree wholeheartedly. Close.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

Star Tsar (14th October 2018), toppy (14th October 2018), wondering (14th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Quote Posted by xbusymom (here)
    found this going around the Facebook circuit... never thought of this as genocide... but it is...
    Attachment 39296
    So, is this in reference to adopting any child from another culture? Is the inference that if the child is up for adoption, it has been stolen from the parents (or maybe from the culture it was born into)? And then we are to jump to the conclusion that this is an attempt to bring about the destruction of a group, therefore it is genocide... Maybe I am not getting what this is supposed to mean.. sounds like some sort of convoluted logic to me unless I totally missed the point.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (14th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (14th October 2018), Star Tsar (14th October 2018), wondering (14th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Quote Posted by xbusymom (here)
    Attachment 39296
    So, is this in reference to adopting any child from another culture? Is the inference that if the child is up for adoption, it has been stolen from the parents (or maybe from the culture it was born into)? And then we are to jump to the conclusion that this is an attempt to bring about the destruction of a group, therefore it is genocide... Maybe I am not getting what this is supposed to mean.. sounds like some sort of convoluted logic to me unless I totally missed the point.
    Here you should use implication.

Inference.
    a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning.

Implication:
    the conclusion that can be drawn from something, although it is not explicitly stated.

It is totally easy to get those mixed up.

To address your question:
    the last bit says forcibly removing. They are implying that all adoptions are done by force.

I think that it is a bit of a stretch to say that.

I think what the intention of the that United States definition is meant for is more like:
    I am the Khan. I sack a city.
    I kill all the men that stand taller than a wagon wheel and keep all those children under it.

Seeing that as the same thing as adopting a child from South Korea that has been rejected because it is "half" is a bit hyperbole.

I would say the genocide we should worry about is the one in Yemen right now.

+ Reply to Thread