+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A physical pole (axis) shift has NOT happened.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default A physical pole (axis) shift has NOT happened.

I thought I would post some interesting observations here as it seemed the most appropriate thread to do so.
    As all of you know, our weather has been very unusual and some claim it is due to geoengineering, too much carbon and pollution, methane gas being released etc.
    There is some truth to all of them having an effect on our weather but none of them so dramatic as the earth being tilted from its' normal 23.5 degree axis to approx. a current 45 degree axis to the south. If you are old enough to remember where the sunrise and sunsets were 30 years ago and actually took mental note of it you will know exactly what I am talking about.
    The sunrise and sunsets on the summer and winter solstices' are dramatically different and some of you may have noticed sun on the north side of your homes also which should never be if you are in the northern hemisphere. This proves that the earth has had a substantial axis shift that started in Dec. 2004 with the Indonesian tsunami that killed 250,000 and has progressively gotten worse with additional tsunamis' since 2004 till today. Tsunamis' aren't caused by earthquakes but sudden earth axis shifts just like you carrying a bowl of water and suddenly stopping, this in turn can cause earthquakes due to the sudden change in weight distribution from the water.
    What this means now with our current axis tilt is hotter summers and colder winters with very little spring or fall transition, the weather will be very different in all places on the globe except near the equator.
    The chemtrails you see are a feeble attempt to cool the heat of our white hot sun and buy some time but it is in vain. All one can do is prepare for the changes because the government won't tell you, let alone help you. I suggest if you want to learn more to visit a very good site called axischange.wordpress.com it is the most comprehensive site I have found that discusses this in great detail, I highly recommend you all check it out. Cheers
    Last edited by digger; 16th October 2018 at 13:46.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: A physical pole (axis) shift has NOT happened.

Quote Posted by digger (here)
    The sunrise and sunsets on the summer and winter solstices' are dramatically different and some of you may have noticed sun on the north side of your homes also which should never be if you are in the northern hemisphere. This proves that the earth has had a substantial axis shift
    This has definitely not happened in any noticeable way; a magnetic pole shift does not equate to actual changes in the behavior of the planet's physical orbit, at least not measurable by human standards.

I'd be very cautious reading anything that claims that is the case, it's easily observable that it is NOT the case; sun dials would fail globally, solar arrays would quit functioning at designed levels... this would be IMMEDIATELY obvious were it true.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (17th October 2018), Bill Ryan (16th October 2018), Bob (16th October 2018), Chip (17th October 2018), Hervé (16th October 2018), Ivanhoe (16th October 2018), littleOne (16th October 2018), Nasu (17th October 2018), Pam (18th October 2018), RunningDeer (16th October 2018), Tintin (17th October 2018)

4. Link to Post #3
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

[...]
    ... If you are old enough to remember where the sunrise and sunsets were 30 years ago and actually took mental note of it you will know exactly what I am talking about.
    [...]
    Check this out about the Manhattanhenge: Ooopss! No Pole nor Plate Shift Yet!

Manhattanhenge regularly occurs and is tabulated as to the day and time of occurrence as are the summer and winter solstices (which haven't changed either).

Quote ... some of you may have noticed sun on the north side of your homes also which should never be if you are in the northern hemisphere.
    [...]
    Unless one's home is located somewhere between the Equator and the Tropic of Cancer

Last edited by Hervé; 16th October 2018 at 15:10.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (17th October 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (16th October 2018), Bill Ryan (16th October 2018), Bob (16th October 2018), Chip (17th October 2018), Ioneo (17th October 2018), littleOne (16th October 2018), Nick Matkin (18th October 2018), RunningDeer (16th October 2018), TargeT (16th October 2018), Tintin (17th October 2018), Wind (16th October 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    The sunrise and sunsets on the summer and winter solstices' are dramatically different and some of you may have noticed sun on the north side of your homes also which should never be if you are in the northern hemisphere. This proves that the earth has had a substantial axis shift
    This has definitely not happened in any noticeable way; a magnetic pole shift does not equate to actual changes in the behavior of the planet's physical orbit, at least not measurable by human standards.

I'd be very cautious reading anything that claims that is the case, it's easily observable that it is NOT the case; sun dials would fail globally, solar arrays would quit functioning at designed levels... this would be IMMEDIATELY obvious were it true.
    I am not talking about a magnetic pole shift or a change in the earths' orbit, I am talking about an axis shift which by the way is quite noticeable for those who have been monitoring it. Sundials are off on the solstices' and solar panels have had to be adjusted to the new arc of the summer/winter sun (I know that because I have some and you should talk to other solar panel owners too).
    Did you know the sun continued traveling north till July 15th this year after the June 21st solstice? It should never do that but it did and to verify this you can watch it do the same thing after the winter solstice till about the 15th of January because what it does in summer it should do in winter.
    The earth being tilted more on its' side means hotter summers and colder winters because we are closer and further away respectively with very little spring and fall transition.
    Q. Where does the sun rise and set? A. In the east and the west. Wrong, it used to; the sun rises and sets in the NNE and NNW respectively on the summer solstice. In 1996 when I built my house I positioned it to the south at 170 degrees to get the maximum radiant heat through my windows in the winter based on the arc of the sun at that time. I now get very little radiant heat due to the change in the suns' arc. The sun in the winter in 1996 was rising at ENE and setting at WSW hence the 170 degree positioning of my house and in the summer the sun was rising at ESE and setting at WNW
    Did you notice the long winter we had last and how it went almost straight to summer and now our summer has gone very quickly to almost winter in October?
    Our weather patterns have changed dramatically as well with more extreme heat, more extreme cold and snow, more wind events, lightning, unprecedented forest fires in more than 100 years, floods, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, sinkholes, tsunamis etc. Do you think this is all by chance or engineered somehow?
    Have you checked the temperatures in the southern US lately? Those current temperatures are more like Ontario temperatures for December. Have you checked the prevailing winds lately that used to come from the southwest but now rarely do and primarily come from the northwest and northeast.
    I have and do check these things daily and have done so for over the last 30 years. I work and live in the bush in northern ontario and have had first hand experience in witnessing the changes over the years in the weather. I first noticed the sun coming in a window one morning in a strange position I hadn't seen before so I started to investigate and for the last 4 years have shot the summer and winter solstices' with my properly adjusted compass, which are way off by about 50 degrees compared to 30 years ago.
    It is very easy to dismiss something that sounds crazy like conspiracy theory stuff but an axis shift is verifiable if you do your research. Mainstream media will not ever tell you about this because the results could be catastrophic for many people and they don't want to scare the sheep especially those who live below 300ft. sea level.
    All I can say to you is do your research or not. Most won't and couldn't care less.
    Be prepared.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Your article is from 2012 after which we have had subsequent major axis shifts in 2014 and another one in Aug. 2017 where in South America there were oceans in opposition which is a tsunami that goes out to sea leaving the shoreline without water. The solstice occurs on the 21st of June not July 11th.
    Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    ... If you are old enough to remember where the sunrise and sunsets were 30 years ago and actually took mental note of it you will know exactly what I am talking about.
    [...]
    Check this out about the Manhattanhenge: Ooopss! No Pole nor Plate Shift Yet!

Manhattanhenge regularly occurs and is tabulated as to the day and time of occurrence as are the summer and winter solstices (which haven't changed either).

Quote ... some of you may have noticed sun on the north side of your homes also which should never be if you are in the northern hemisphere.
    [...]
    Unless one's home is located somewhere between the Equator and the Tropic of Cancer

8. Link to Post #6
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

(I know that because I have some and you should talk to other solar panel owners too).
    I currently have 30 solar panels in an off grid system on my house & lived in Alaska for 13 years (the further north regions would be most obviously effected).

what you are proposing is not happening; and I also was not talking about magnetic shifts, but axis shifts (which have not happened, and would probably destroy the orbit of earth sending us into the sun or out of the solar system if it did happen).

I think I'm going to slowly walk away now......
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (17th October 2018), Billy (18th October 2018), Chip (17th October 2018), Hervé (17th October 2018), Ivanhoe (18th October 2018), Nasu (17th October 2018), Tintin (17th October 2018)

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Mod note from Bill:

A physical axis shift has not happened, and I've moved this discussion (which can be freely continued!) to the Known Hoaxes and Other Bad Information section.

The reasons for knowing this hasn't occurred are legion.

One that's easy to relate to and understand is that if there was a marked physical axis tilt, satellites, unattached to the moving crust, would be quite unaffected and would just maintain their orbits.

But from that moment on, all GPS users in their vehicles would find themselves literally hundreds of miles away from their destinations if they weren't paying attention.

So would pilots, of course. No fun to be casually cruising on autopilot for hours in a commercial aircraft only to find that the airport you were heading for just wasn't there.

And ships the world over would be crashing on to rocky coastlines everywhere. (Lighthouses are kind of a nice tradition, but ships always rely on GPS in zero visibility situations.)

Here's more. The stars would be in different positions. Telescopes the world over would fail to find what they were looking for. That applies to amateur astronomers, too. Some amateur-level telescopes are software-driven, and focus on astronomical objects when programmed without the user having to search for them with their eyes.

Not a single report from any amateur astronomer complaining that suddenly their telescopes weren't working any more.

Here's just one. This is the Celestron NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope, for under $430. It's very popular (because it works!), and has won the Telescope of the Year award for 6 straight years.

No software patches have been issued to compensate for the stars all having abruptly moved.

Keep on discussing this! As geophysicists know, this has almost certainly happened in the past in geological history, and could theoretically happen again. But it's not happened for a very long time.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (17th October 2018), avid (17th October 2018), Billy (18th October 2018), Bob (19th October 2018), Chip (17th October 2018), Deux Corbeaux (18th October 2018), Hervé (17th October 2018), Ivanhoe (18th October 2018), Jean-Marie (17th October 2018), Nasu (17th October 2018), TargeT (17th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018), Wind (17th October 2018)

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I thought you may like to read this article. https://axischange.wordpress.com/201...tar-positions/
    Last edited by digger; 18th October 2018 at 10:53.

13. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

It is very easy to dismiss a new idea/theory without having done any investigation and basing that dismissal on what one thinks they know to be true but many times isn't if you have done your research from many different angles to finally come up with the truth. I have proved myself wrong many times in doing this and as a result now don't believe anything until I research it thoroughly. What I am trying to do with my post is enlighten some of you into what I have learned and want to share it in an open-minded forum(so I thought)with other intelligent people so they can add to it, not boo and hiss and laugh. What I am trying to discuss is something that will have very serious reprocusions in the future for many people and you think it is appropriate to relegate the topic to Known Hoaxes and Other Bad Information having not done any investigation or vetting. By dismissing this topic Bill, you are preventing other people from wanting to make a comment because they don't want to be viewed by their fellow members as being interested in what you consider a bad information topic, which is your uninvestigated opinion alone. So as a result Bill, I want you to unregister me immediately because I want nothing to do with a site like this. Good luck to you all. And just remember, it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

14. Link to Post #10
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Bill, I want you to unregister me immediately because I want nothing to do with a site like this.
    As per his request, digger's account has been deactivated.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (18th October 2018), Bill Ryan (19th October 2018), Billy (18th October 2018), Chip (18th October 2018), gord (19th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

16. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

Maybe members should start donating a nickel every time someone confuses a magnetic pole variation/shift with the physical pole locations. I realize that confusion wasn't really present with this OP; digger was definitely talking about physical poles.

But those are defined by the axis of our planet's spin. If that axis changed, seems to me like you'd have way more to worry about than just some town in Norway that no longer gets any sunrise for 3 months out of the year...

Anything that spins, produces a torque. If we started spinning differently, it would probably affect our stinkin orbit, wouldn't it?? And that would kinda be pretty bad, probably, I'm guessin...

I don't think something like that would go unnoticed or be "suppressable". BUT I do like talking about all the effects it would have.

Keep posting stuff! :-)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Hervé (18th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

18. Link to Post #12
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The current "wobble" of the earth rotation axis' north pole with respect to the geographic Long./Lat. grid:

mas = milli-arc-second

Low frequency polar motion
    The motion of the rotation axis of the Earth relative to the crust is represented by the Earth Orientation Parameter x and y. In the terrestrial frame, the equatorial coordinate of the pole are x and -y. It has two major components : (i) a free oscillation with period about 435 days (Chandler wobble) and (ii) an annual oscillation forced by the seasonal displacement of air and water masses, beating which each other, give the characteristic pulsating shape of the motion.

See:
    In short, this organization defines quasar calibrated GPS positions of the earth and its grid.

Historical wobbling:

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Worth noticing is that these recent wobbles are less than one second of arc in amplitude and nowhere in these plots of observed data from VLBI (Very Long Baseline Interferometry, using distant quasars as references) can jolts (i.e. EQ) be detected.

The position of the rotation axis can be detected to +/- 0.2 milliarcsecond by the VLBI on a daily basis.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (18th October 2018), Billy (18th October 2018), sunwings (19th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Does digger and his like not realise that if there was a geographic pole shift anyone who knows how to read a sun dial would realise that it was now wrong? Or that tide tables would also be wrong? Where do these people come from?

Amazing...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

TargeT (19th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Or that tide tables would also be wrong?
    Or that hundreds of thousands of people would be waiting excitedly for a total solar eclipse that was computer-predicted decades ago (including professional astronomers and all the national news media) ... only to find that unaccountably, they were all in the wrong place.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Nick Matkin (19th October 2018), TargeT (19th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

24. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

As an aside, when these sorts of threads get posted (like flat earthers, or NASA hiding/not reporting Nibiru that's apparently clearly visible on cell-phone cameras, but not with telescopes like the one in Bill's post #7) I ask myself this: Are these folks sincere teenagers not yet familiar with the wider workings of the world and the part that amateur scientists play? Are they adults who really have no basic understanding of how the world around them works? Or are they trolls out just to discredit certain forums...?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Hervé (19th October 2018)

26. Link to Post #16
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The "Axis mundi" or the stake going right through the heart of rotation-pole-shift vampire trolls:

Meditate on that picture and wonder why "Polaris" is still the "North Star"... if indeed there were a shift of the earth's rotation axis.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

TargeT (19th October 2018)

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    As an aside, when these sorts of threads get posted (like flat earthers, or NASA hiding/not reporting Nibiru that's apparently clearly visible on cell-phone cameras, but not with telescopes like the one in Bill's post #7) I ask myself this: Are these folks sincere teenagers not yet familiar with the wider workings of the world and the part that amateur scientists play? Are they adults who really have no basic understanding of how the world around them works? Or are they trolls out just to discredit certain forums...?
    It's a good question. Many of these people are sincere (digger was clearly a nice person, writing well and politely: he was no troll), but there's simply an endemic lack of trust in straight science. The illogic then rolls on to assume, without much thought, that all textbooks are wrong, all computer programs are wrong, all amateur enthusiasts are wrong, and even the math and physics are wrong.

That can be understood, sometimes, when one's 22, earnest, hungry to learn, and sensing deeply that all is not well with the mainstream presentation of our reality. (And right, it's not.) But when someone's 52, as digger has told the community he is, the problem is different, because most folks get their confusions sorted out by then.

I think, in summary, many people are confused. And to resolve their confusion, they seize on some kind of fixed reference point to help them align all their internal data that's kind of swirling around, all unconnected. That sometimes is pretty close to taking on (and then defending) something that's little more than a belief, and if they choose the WRONG fixed reference point, then they're intellectually sunk from then on.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Deepsouthlady (22nd October 2018), TargeT (19th October 2018)

30. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I agree that we are in the midst of pole shift. However i will have to dispute you on one point in particular. I live in mississippi and for the last (at least) five years we have been in 60s and 70s for most of the winter. Yes we do have cold snaps. Where our temps drop to low/mid 30s up to high 40s. But it lasts at most 2 weeks. Then we are back to wearing shorts. If anything its been almost most like we have only two seasins. Summer and spring.

Its actually been so bad that our pollen/flowers/weeds bloom most of year. Which causes me problems because i take allergy meds and they quit working after taking them for almost a year straight. I havevto switch to somerhing else
    Last edited by Deepsouthlady; 19th October 2018 at 14:12.

31. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deepsouthlady (here)
    I agree that we are in the midst of pole shift.
    Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

But: No, we're not. Do read all the posts above. ^^.

Dramatic global weather events simply don't mean a physical axis shift. It's important stuff, but there are many other explanations. The most likely is that we're entering another Maunder Minimum type period, which has been discussed extensively on this thread.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

onawah (19th October 2018)

33. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thank you very much for the link. Am exploring it now. I am not scientist so agree i may be wrong on pole shift issue. But there is definitely something going on. I have read a little about maurader minimum. And that may also explains it.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Deepsouthlady For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread