+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst 1 31 71 81 88 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1742

Thread: Bill Ryan's personal Question-and-Answer thread. Pile it on. :)

1. Link to Post #1601
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,270 times in 2,100 posts

Default Re: Bill Ryan's personal Question-and-Answer thread. Pile it on. :)

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    Hi Bill, I was wondering how things have been since the events around losing your wallet and then finding it under your hat?

More to the point; has anything else occurred in your home that might be related or similar?

Has it changed your thoughts and views on portions of paranormal/ufo experiences reported by others?

Has it made your open mind more open?
    Thanks, and that's a very acutely aware question. Yes, one or two other things have occurred which I've not mentioned on the forum at all and which right now I'm only discussing with a few close friends. I've been carefully considering a way to share them. (Do please forgive me for the seemingly evasive answer, but there are some good reasons. )
    Oh, I understand of course!

I can imagine considering the amount of things/stories that you have experienced and heard.

Now there it is right in your hands! There are so many new ways to look at things and so much more to consider.

Through growing up, I always believed in UFO's as an E.T. visitation/exploration. When I had my own personal experience -> that busted open my mind! Then I KNEW it was real. I could not think about anything else for about 2 weeks.

I hope to hear a bit on your thoughts about it now, and how it is different than before.

Whenever you are ready.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

avid (28th January 2023), Bill Ryan (24th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (24th January 2023), Eva2 (27th January 2023), Franny (24th January 2023), Harmony (24th January 2023), Jambo (8th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (24th January 2023), kfm27917 (27th January 2023), Peace in Oz (24th January 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (24th January 2023), Sadieblue (25th January 2023), Sue (Ayt) (24th January 2023)

3. Link to Post #1602
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,407 times in 276 posts

Question for Bill.

What would you ideally most desire to happen to you after (biological) death?

I don't mean to ask what you believe will happen; more, what would be the best possible fate that you could imagine; not just the next step - but for eternity?

(The reason I ask is that - in an experiential sense - I believe that there is a strong sense in which 'we get what we want' after death; including that we get what we want, even when we don't enjoy the consequences of what we have asked for. As happens in this mortal life - when people are often made very miserable by what they insist on choosing. I believe this getting-what-we-want happens because the creator is Good and regards us parentally, as an ideal and eternal parent. We are (like it or not) ultimately responsible for what we ask-for; and it is given us, because we have this power of agency that cannot be over-ridden by anyone or anything. What we want; along with the consequences that flow from the choice. Not that this is necessarily irreversible - but the ability to make eternal commitments is, when the choice is positive and for Good, the greatest possible gift. And/but the flipside is that it is also possible to make eternal commitments to lies, resentment, spite and other evils.)

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2023), Casey Claar (27th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (6th February 2023), Franny (27th January 2023), Harmony (27th January 2023), Jambo (2nd February 2023), Johnnycomelately (27th January 2023), kfm27917 (27th January 2023), Michi (27th January 2023), mountain_jim (27th January 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (27th January 2023), Sadieblue (27th January 2023), skogvokter (28th January 2023), Sue (Ayt) (27th January 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023)

5. Link to Post #1603
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,204 times in 32,904 posts

Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)
    Question for Bill.

I don't mean to ask what you believe will happen; more, what would be the best possible fate that you could imagine; not just the next step - but for eternity?

(The reason I ask is that - in an experiential sense - I believe that there is a strong sense in which 'we get what we want' after death; including that we get what we want, even when we don't enjoy the consequences of what we have asked for. As happens in this mortal life - when people are often made very miserable by what they insist on choosing. I believe this getting-what-we-want happens because the creator is Good and regards us parentally, as an ideal and eternal parent. We are (like it or not) ultimately responsible for what we ask-for; and it is given us, because we have this power of agency that cannot be over-ridden by anyone or anything. What we want; along with the consequences that flow from the choice. Not that this is necessarily irreversible - but the ability to make eternal commitments is, when the choice is positive and for Good, the greatest possible gift. And/but the flipside is that it is also possible to make eternal commitments to lies, resentment, spite and other evils.)
    Many thanks for the question, and this is just an intro aside.

Bruce is a new member, and I knew him when I was an Outward Bound Instructor many years ago, and he was in my group. I remember him well, and he's a wonderful man. He kindly sent me this photo (of me ) that he'd taken way back then:

(larger image here: https://projectavalon.net/Bill_Ryan_...d_Scotland.jpg)

It's a good question, and I've posted about reincarnation in quite a few places on the forum. I've done quite some in-depth research about my own past lives, and I know quite a bit about them, a few in very interesting detail.

So after this life as Bill Ryan has run its course, I'll be genuinely looking forward to returning here. Life 'on this plane' (so to speak, and there are many other ways of putting that) is an adventure, a learning experience, and, if we manage all the challenges well, it can be a whole bunch of fun.

Moreover, we get to meet up with old friends again, and have the change to continue with, or complete, unfinished goals and long-term projects, some of which can extend over multiple lifetimes.

That's really just a brief, top-level answer (which assumes that I even understood the question!), and I'll be extremely happy to enlarge on any part of that if needed.

6. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (2nd February 2023), Anna70 (3rd February 2023), arwen (8th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (27th January 2023), Casey Claar (27th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (6th February 2023), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2023), Franny (27th January 2023), happyuk (27th January 2023), Harmony (27th January 2023), Jambo (27th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (27th January 2023), kfm27917 (27th January 2023), kudzy (27th January 2023), Mark (9th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th February 2023), Matthew (27th January 2023), mountain_jim (27th January 2023), pabranno (2nd February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (27th January 2023), Sadieblue (27th January 2023), Satori (27th January 2023), skogvokter (28th January 2023), Sue (Ayt) (27th January 2023), Sunny (27th January 2023), Tintin (27th January 2023), wondering (27th January 2023), Yoda (27th January 2023)

7. Link to Post #1604
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Question for Bill.

Bruce is a new member, and I knew him when I was an Outward Bound Instructor many years ago, and he was in my group. I remember him well, and he's a wonderful man. He kindly sent me this photo (of me ) that he'd taken way back then:

It's a good question, and I've posted about reincarnation in quite a few places on the forum. I've done quite some in-depth research about my own past lives, and I know quite a bit about them, a few in very interesting detail.

So after this life as Bill Ryan has run its course, I'll be genuinely looking forward to returning here. Life 'on this plane' (so to speak, and there are many other ways of putting that) is an adventure, a learning experience, and, if we manage all the challenges well, it can be a whole bunch of fun.

Moreover, we get to meet up with old friends again, and have the change to continue with, or complete, unfinished goals and long-term projects, some of which can extend over multiple lifetimes.

That's really just a brief, top-level answer (which assumes that I even understood the question!), and I'll be extremely happy to enlarge on any part of that if needed.

Thank you for the welcome! BTW: the photograph is from summer 1976 - probably July or August; and was in the Cairngorms, Scotland.

And thank you for the reply. If you are interested in this question; I would like to ask more.

What I was wondering is whether you would regard endless/ eternal reincarnations 'on this plane' as being The Best Imaginable destination after this life? This is a way of asking whether you regard life 'on this plane' as sufficient for eternity? (Even assuming it was repeated without limit and varied as much as might potentially happen on this plane.)

In other words; would you personally imagine life as Even-Better then your conviction of open-ended reincarnation, if there was the hope of further progression or development - e.g. to another plane or planes of existence with qualitatively greater possibilities (e.g. further development both of yourself, your soul; and of the situation)?

8. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Alecs (2nd February 2023), Antagenet (18th April 2023), arwen (8th February 2023), Casey Claar (27th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (6th February 2023), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2023), Franny (27th January 2023), Harmony (27th January 2023), Jambo (2nd February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Kryztian (8th February 2023), kudzy (27th January 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th February 2023), mountain_jim (27th January 2023), pabranno (2nd February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (27th January 2023), Sadieblue (27th January 2023), skogvokter (28th January 2023), Sue (Ayt) (27th January 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023), Yoda (27th January 2023)

9. Link to Post #1605
    Thanks

Question for Bill.

Thank you for the welcome! BTW: the photograph is from summer 1976 - probably July or August; and was in the Cairngorms, Scotland.

And thank you for the reply. If you are interested in this question; I would like to ask more.

What I was wondering is whether you would regard endless/ eternal reincarnations 'on this plane' as being The Best Imaginable destination after this life? This is a way of asking whether you regard life 'on this plane' as sufficient for eternity? (Even assuming it was repeated without limit and varied as much as might potentially happen on this plane.)

In other words; would you personally imagine life as Even-Better then your conviction of open-ended reincarnation, if there was the hope of further progression or development - e.g. to another plane or planes of existence with qualitatively greater possibilities (e.g. further development both of yourself, your soul; and of the situation)?
    Thanks again! But I may not be able to add all that much more.

I'm aware of the possibility, from (e.g.) many fascinating reports of Near-Death Experiences (NDEs), that there may VERY well be many many more after-death (or between-lives) realms, and therefore possibilities of many other kinds of direct, deep, profound and meaningful experience.

But I've not encountered any of that myself in any form that I'm aware of, and so (for me personally) all those possibilities are kind of second-hand concepts, as it were. Meanwhile, I have had what feel like very direct experiences of past-life recall, some in considerable and very real and vivid detail, so that's what really constitutes what feels like my direct knowledge-base.

I'm comfortable with that, and so that leaves me equally comfortable with returning here (or, in theory, to any other planet with intelligent civilized life, for we can also reincarnate elsewhere if we choose to). I don't feel any compulsion or desire to 'escape this realm', as I find it fascinating, challenging, and do (usually! ) enjoy the experience. But if, for instance, I were to have a Near-Death Experience, granting me direct insights into something I feel I can't for the moment really properly know, my view might very well change.

Did I come anywhere close to answering this a little better?

10. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (2nd February 2023), Antagenet (18th April 2023), arwen (8th February 2023), avid (28th January 2023), Bruce G Charlton (27th January 2023), Casey Claar (27th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (6th February 2023), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2023), Eva2 (27th January 2023), Franny (27th January 2023), Harmony (27th January 2023), Jambo (27th January 2023), jaybee (27th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th February 2023), Michi (27th January 2023), Miller (27th January 2023), mountain_jim (27th January 2023), pabranno (2nd February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (27th January 2023), Sadieblue (27th January 2023), Sirus (28th January 2023), skogvokter (28th January 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023), Yoda (27th January 2023)

11. Link to Post #1606
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Question for Bill.

Thanks again! But I may not be able to add all that much more.

I'm aware of the possibility, from (e.g.) many fascinating reports of Near-Death Experiences (NDEs), that there may VERY well be many many more after-death (or between-lives) realms, and therefore possibilities of many other kinds of direct, deep, profound and meaningful experience.

But I've not encountered any of that myself in any form that I'm aware of, and so (for me personally) all those possibilities are kind of second-hand concepts, as it were. Meanwhile, I have had what feel like very direct experiences of past-life recall, some in considerable and very real and vivid detail, so that's what really constitutes what feels like my direct knowledge-base.

I'm comfortable with that, and so that leaves me equally comfortable with returning here (or, in theory, to any other planet with intelligent civilized life, for we can also reincarnate elsewhere if we choose to). I don't feel any compulsion or desire to 'escape this realm', as I find it fascinating, challenging, and do (usually! ) enjoy the experience. But if, for instance, I were to have a Near-Death Experience, granting me direct insights into something I feel I can't for the moment really properly know, my view might very well change.

Bill. Yes, thank you - that seems to be a valid answer to what I was asking. In a world-historical context, I think it is very unusual to find someone who is as thoughtful as I know you to be - who is also - broadly speaking - satisfied with human nature and mortal life 'on this plane' (i.e. with its essentially entropic dominance - inevitable destruction, decay, death etc).

But I can see that you are satisfied, and therefore that to be confident of an indefinitely extended series of lives of the same basic nature would therefore be your ideal (as well as something of which you have experiential knowledge).

Again, thanks for taking the time to elucidate this.

12. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Alecs (2nd February 2023), avid (28th January 2023), Bill Ryan (2nd February 2023), Casey Claar (27th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (6th February 2023), DNA (6th February 2023), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2023), Franny (6th February 2023), Harmony (28th January 2023), Jambo (2nd February 2023), jaybee (27th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th February 2023), Matthew (27th January 2023), Michi (2nd February 2023), pabranno (2nd February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (27th January 2023), Sadieblue (27th January 2023), skogvokter (28th January 2023), Sue (Ayt) (27th January 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (29th January 2023)

13. Link to Post #1607
    Great Britain Avalon Member Jambo's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 times in 165 posts

I've just come from the "Vitamin D beats vaccines every day" thread, where Pyrangello asks about the Gabriele Stähler Vitamin D3 video.

I was just wondering... Are the old Project Camelot videos still available to watch/download somewhere?

I realise that your YouTube channel was deleted, and I did a brief forum search, but can't find if this has already been answered.
    I'd love to know if any of the original PC (meaning Project Camelot...not Politically Correct ) videos are still out there to watch.
    Last edited by Jambo; 2nd February 2023 at 10:56. Reason: spelling mistake (You to Your)

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2023), Casey Claar (2nd February 2023), ClearWater (2nd February 2023), Denise/Dizi (6th February 2023), DNA (6th February 2023), Franny (6th February 2023), Harmony (2nd February 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd February 2023), pabranno (2nd February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (2nd February 2023), Sadieblue (8th February 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023)

15. Link to Post #1608
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jambo (here)
    I've just come from the "Vitamin D beats vaccines every day" thread, where Pyrangello asks about the Gabriele Stähler Vitamin D3 video.

I was just wondering... Are the old Project Camelot videos still available to watch/download somewhere?

I realise that your YouTube channel was deleted, and I did a brief forum search, but can't find if this has already been answered.
    I'd love to know if any of the original PC (meaning Project Camelot...not Politically Correct ) videos are still out there to watch.
    They're on Odysee, and the link is here:
    I've not looked through them at all to see what might have been omitted (even accidentally) from the 2006-2010 period when I was very closely involved in everything we did. But it does look like there's a lot of good material there.

16. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Casey Claar (2nd February 2023), ClearWater (2nd February 2023), Denise/Dizi (6th February 2023), Franny (6th February 2023), Harmony (2nd February 2023), Icare (6th February 2023), Jambo (2nd February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Mare (2nd February 2023), pabranno (2nd February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (2nd February 2023), Sadieblue (8th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (2nd February 2023), Tintin (2nd February 2023), Yoda (2nd February 2023)

17. Link to Post #1609
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jambo (here)

They're on Odysee, and the link is here:
    I've not looked through them at all to see what might have been omitted (even accidentally) from the 2006-2010 period when I was very closely involved in everything we did. But it does look like there's a lot of good material there.
    That's brilliant to know many thanks.

Funnily enough I had a look through some old HDDs I had and found a few of the videos (dated under 'properties' as downloaded in 2010). Has it really been that long?

I couldn't work out if the names of the videos where original or something I'd labelled them as! lol.
    In particular the one labelled "I once had an ET Girlfriend!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Project Camelot Videos.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	50370

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2023), Denise/Dizi (6th February 2023), Franny (6th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), James Newell (24th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (2nd February 2023), s7e6e (8th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (2nd February 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023), wondering (6th February 2023), Yoda (2nd February 2023)

19. Link to Post #1610
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Gosh you really where ahead of the time!
    Even one of the Project Camelot videos on Odysee was with 'Graham Hancock'. I must have somehow missed it in the past.

I've been recently buying up all the Graham Hancock books on 'Audible' as well as watching him on Joe Rogan and the Russel Brand YouTube channels.
    So great to see you & Kerry were there way before everyone.
    OK...a little bit of soppiness... I'll always love you & Kerry for what you brought to all of us!!
    Last edited by Jambo; 2nd February 2023 at 14:27. Reason: spelling mistakes

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2023), Casey Claar (2nd February 2023), DNA (6th February 2023), Franny (6th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), James Newell (24th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd February 2023), onawah (6th February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (2nd February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (2nd February 2023), Yoda (2nd February 2023)

21. Link to Post #1611
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,736 times in 997 posts

Hi Bruce. Bill says he is open to change, dependent on trustworthy new data. I think your conclusion is from a differing POV, possibly end-aligned with my own, which rates statement. Not sure if this thread is the place, but I would love to hear your answer to your own original question.

Me: I have heard, and believe, a story of distant cosmic brothers & sisters who are intent in bringing their whole star-system back up to ‘heaven’ status/functionality... which reminds of “In for a penny, in for a pound”, which seems to be Bill’s attitude.

By your writing, you are a good friend to Bill. Please be a friend to us all here, and tell us your own conviction. Again, not sure what thread would be best for that; I recently made a pop-valve/take-it-elsewhere thread, but it self-destructed (my bad). I apologize if I have not got your understanding from prior reference. Am pleased to meet you. Cheers.

I don't feel any compulsion or desire to 'escape this realm', as I find it fascinating, challenging, and do (usually! ) enjoy the experience. But if, for instance, I were to have a Near-Death Experience, granting me direct insights into something I feel I can't for the moment really properly know, my view might very well change.

Bill. Yes, thank you - that seems to be a valid answer to what I was asking. In a world-historical context, I think it is very unusual to find someone who is as thoughtful as I know you to be - who is also - broadly speaking - satisfied with human nature and mortal life 'on this plane' (i.e. with its essentially entropic dominance - inevitable destruction, decay, death etc).

But I can see that you are satisfied, and therefore that to be confident of an indefinitely extended series of lives of the same basic nature would therefore be your ideal (as well as something of which you have experiential knowledge).

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2023), Casey Claar (2nd February 2023), Denise/Dizi (7th February 2023), Franny (6th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Jambo (4th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (2nd February 2023)

23. Link to Post #1612
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    Hi Bruce. Bill says he is open to change, dependent on trustworthy new data. I think your conclusion is from a differing POV, possibly end-aligned with my own, which rates statement. Not sure if this thread is the place, but I would love to hear your answer to your own original question.

Me: I have heard, and believe, a story of distant cosmic brothers & sisters who are intent in bringing their whole star-system back up to ‘heaven’ status/functionality... which reminds of “In for a penny, in for a pound”, which seems to be Bill’s attitude.

By your writing, you are a good friend to Bill. Please be a friend to us all here, and tell us your own conviction. Again, not sure what thread would be best for that; I recently made a pop-valve/take-it-elsewhere thread, but it self-destructed (my bad). I apologize if I have not got your understanding from prior reference. Am pleased to meet you. Cheers.

I don't feel any compulsion or desire to 'escape this realm', as I find it fascinating, challenging, and do (usually! ) enjoy the experience. But if, for instance, I were to have a Near-Death Experience, granting me direct insights into something I feel I can't for the moment really properly know, my view might very well change.

I'm happy to elucidate; but instead of taking-up space on Bill's personal Q&A - I have sent you a personal message. - Bruce

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2023), Casey Claar (2nd February 2023), Denise/Dizi (7th February 2023), Franny (6th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Jambo (4th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (2nd February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (2nd February 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023)

25. Link to Post #1613
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 times in 1,695 posts

The video is a copy of your pilot with Kerry, if you could do it differently, do you believe it may have led to something that would have allowed you more access to others, and more information?

Why do you think it was shunned? Too close to the truth? Something else?

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th February 2023 at 10:22. Reason: embedded a better cersion of the video

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Casey Claar (6th February 2023), DNA (6th February 2023), Ewan (6th February 2023), Franny (6th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Icare (6th February 2023), Jambo (6th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th February 2023), Kryztian (6th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (6th February 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023)

27. Link to Post #1614
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    The video is a copy of your pilot with Kerry, if you could do it differently, do you believe it may have led to something that would have allowed you more access to others, and more information?

If you could do it differently, do you believe it may have led to something that would have allowed you more access to others, and more information?
    Yes, for sure. But we had almost zero input into how it was all done, and how it was edited and presented. We submitted a ton of detailed feedback, but almost everything we recommended — sometimes very strongly — was ignored. Basically, the show was terrible.

An interesting tidbit. When the idea for the show was being presented and promoted to all the various networks — like a sales pitch for the concept — it was immediately taken up by The History Channel, who would have done the whole thing far more seriously and with a much larger budget, a bigger audience, and a more experienced and professional production crew. We were delighted about what was clearly a major breakthrough.

But then a couple weeks later, we heard that they had changed their mind. No reason was ever given, and when we tried to ask why the decision has been reversed, we were stonewalled.

We were told by contacts in the TV business that this was VERY unusual, in fact almost unprecedented, for The History Channel to have done something like this. We strongly suspected that a mandate not to give us that platform had been issued by someone senior in US intel.

Well, besides the finished pilot episode being really pretty dreadful, the TruTV executives DID NOT LIKE KERRY. Not one bit.

They made me an offer to do my own series without her. Just me, an interesting and articulate English guy with an accent and an Indiana Jones hat.

That was one of the 'Sliding Doors' moments in my life. I could have accepted the deal and become a TV star, like a British version of Jesse Ventura. If I'd done that, my whole life might have unfolded in a very different parallel-universe direction.

Kerry was terribly, terribly upset, more so that I'd ever known her. She comes over like a defiant, feisty warrior almost all the time, but underneath her external armor she's extremely sensitive.

She was inconsolable, in floods of tears. "They don't like me, they don't like me, they don't like me", she kept on saying.

I just couldn't betray and deeply hurt Kerry in that way. I turned down the TV network's offer, and I never heard from them again.

28. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (6th February 2023), Antagenet (18th April 2023), Arcturian108 (6th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (7th February 2023), Casey Claar (6th February 2023), Denise/Dizi (7th February 2023), Dennis Leahy (6th February 2023), DNA (6th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (6th February 2023), Ewan (6th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Icare (6th February 2023), Jambo (6th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th February 2023), Patient (6th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), rgray222 (6th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (6th February 2023), Strat (6th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (6th February 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023), Violet3 (7th February 2023), Yoda (6th February 2023)

29. Link to Post #1615
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,647 times in 4,333 posts

He kindly sent me this photo (of me ) that he'd taken way back then:

I've a question, Bill.

(I sometimes do this with myself, surprisingly interesting answers can come up)

- but if you could go back in time into that photograph (above), to have five minutes of conversation with your younger self, what would you tell him?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bruce G Charlton (7th February 2023), Casey Claar (7th February 2023), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2023), Ewan (7th February 2023), Harmony (7th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (8th February 2023), Kryztian (8th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (7th February 2023), Sadieblue (8th February 2023), Strat (7th February 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023)

31. Link to Post #1616
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)

I've a question, Bill.

- but if you could go back in time into that photograph (above), to have five minutes of conversation with your younger self, what would you tell him?
    ~~~

Well, that young 23-year old had already
    • Read and understood Gary Allen's very important None Dare Call It Conspiracy (here in the Avalon Library)
    • Argued with one of the senior teachers at Millfield School that the BBC news was merely a form of entertainment
    • Felt strongly that commercial advertising of any kind was anti-human and unethical
    • Read and understood Ivan Illich's seminal and visionary books Deschooling Society and Medical Nemesis (Library links here and here)
    • Read every UFO book published at that time
    • Read and understood Adelle Davis's early and influential book Let’s Eat Right to Keep Fit (Library link here)
    • Understood that his life mission was to be a 'teacher', but NOT in any mainstream school system.
    So, I think he was already pretty much on the right track.

I think what I'd want to tell him, arm round his young but strong shoulder, is that it would take many years before he found his soulmate, and that he should never to give up on that quest, or make the wrong life decisions too early.

Fascinating aside:

In Richard Bach's wonderful autobiography, The Bridge Across Forever (Library link here), he recounts how when he was young, he had a dream in which he met with his 20-years-older self, who gave him a bunch of valuable advice.

Then — 20 years later — he had another dream in which he met with his younger self, giving him all that mature advice.

It was the same dream.

32. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aoibhghaire (7th February 2023), Brigantia (7th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (7th February 2023), Casey Claar (7th February 2023), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2023), Ewan (7th February 2023), Franny (8th February 2023), happyuk (7th February 2023), Harmony (7th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (8th February 2023), Kryztian (8th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th February 2023), onevoice (7th February 2023), Peace in Oz (7th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (7th February 2023), Sadieblue (8th February 2023), Sirus (9th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (8th February 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023), Violet3 (8th February 2023), Yoda (7th February 2023)

33. Link to Post #1617
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)

I've a question, Bill.

~~~

Well, that young 23-year old had already
    • Read and understood Gary Allen's very important None Dare Call It Conspiracy (here in the Avalon Library)
    • Argued with one of the senior teachers at Millfield School that the BBC news was merely a form of entertainment
    • Felt strongly that commercial advertising of any kind was anti-human and unethical
    • Read and understood Ivan Illich's seminal and visionary books Deschooling Society and Medical Nemesis (Library links here and here)
    • Read every UFO book published at that time
    • Read and understood Adelle Davis's early and influential book Let’s Eat Right to Keep Fit (Library link here)
    • Understood that his life mission was to be a 'teacher', but NOT in any mainstream school system.
    So, I think he was already pretty much on the right track.

I think what I'd want to tell him, arm round his young but strong shoulder, is that it would take many years before he found his soulmate, and that he should never to give up on that quest, or make the wrong life decisions too early.

Fascinating aside:

In Richard Bach's wonderful autobiography, The Bridge Across Forever (Library link here), he recounts how when he was young, he had a dream in which he met with his 20-years-older self, who gave him a bunch of valuable advice.

Then — 20 years later — he had another dream in which he met with his younger self, giving him all that mature advice.

It was the same dream.

Bill - At the time I took the photo, I remember having long conversations with you about education, which I now see were probably inspired by Illich; and also by Robert M Pirsig's teaching experiments described in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (which you lent me - pressing a copy into my hands at the railway station in Elgin, I think). My recollection is that you were just about to begin teaching at Millfield (summer 1976) but had left before my friend Jack Davies went there in summer 1978.

BTW You later sent me, by post, a magazine review of ZAMM by Richard Boston which I still have somewhere. A decade or so after, I wrote an academic paper about the philosophy of ZAMM which Pirsig read and approved!

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2023), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2023), DNA (15th February 2023), Ewan (8th February 2023), happyuk (8th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (8th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (8th February 2023), Sadieblue (8th February 2023), Sirus (9th February 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023)

35. Link to Post #1618
    Thanks

Bill - At the time I took the photo, I remember having long conversations with you about education, which I now see were probably inspired by Illich; and also by Robert M Pirsig's teaching experiments described in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (which you lent me - pressing a copy into my hands at the railway station in Elgin, I think). My recollection is that you were just about to begin teaching at Millfield (summer 1976) but had left before my friend Jack Davies went there in summer 1978.

BTW You later sent me, by post, a magazine review of ZAMM by Richard Boston which I still have somewhere. A decade or so after, I wrote an academic paper about the philosophy of ZAMM which Pirsig read and approved!
    Ha. (And Wow!!)

You may find this short 2017 Avalon thread fascinating... it contains links to a couple of wonderful audio interviews with Pirsig, and has some other most interesting material there too.

36. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (8th February 2023), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2023), DNA (15th February 2023), Ewan (8th February 2023), Franny (8th February 2023), happyuk (8th February 2023), Harmony (8th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (8th February 2023), Kryztian (8th February 2023), kudzy (13th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (8th February 2023), s7e6e (8th February 2023), Sadieblue (9th February 2023), Tintin (8th February 2023), Violet3 (8th February 2023), Yoda (8th February 2023)

37. Link to Post #1619
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 times in 1,695 posts

Good Morning Bill and Mara

Bill? Why do you think it is that all the "News" and media outlets, and other things get more attention these days in the forums, than those things that once were sought after heavily?

Things such as Mars, a space program, people who may already live on mars, structures, the craft.. ie triangles or tr3b's as well as other craft now... The technologies as well..

Do you think intelligence agencies are infiltrating and ib small efforts, with big results, swaying the conversation away from such things, to other topics?

Could it be that with the technologies in our hands, people no longer go looking, so it was easy to hide thosse topics, and give them only what they wanted them to find when browsing?

I am both baffled by this, and disappointed. Not in you or the site or members, or their efforts, but it seems nno one notices, or really even cares now.

Surely there are short threads that die relatively quickly, but the days of Michael Shratt, and Mark Mc Candlish are gone, in so far as the amount of knowledge they shared about some technologies.

Are people just overwhelmed and redirected, without noticing they have personal questions of their own?

It seems those that DO create content these days focus on pointing out the people in the community that lie for profit, more than anyone looking for truth. I suppose that is what I am trying to say... Is it just the easier route to an income and acceptance into this crowd these days?

How do you feel about that, given how you started out in this community, and all that you have helped to expose?

I want to add, I am in no way diminishing the role of the medical posts, political posts, economic posts, etc... But it seems the sites in general that covered disclosure type information have all gone silent..

Are all the "Big Guns" in this arena retired and finished, with the new Big Guns, set onto safety permanently? And what do you think about this trend?

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th February 2023), Casey Claar (9th February 2023), ClearWater (8th February 2023), DNA (15th February 2023), Ewan (10th February 2023), Harmony (9th February 2023), Kryztian (8th February 2023), onevoice (8th February 2023), pabranno (9th February 2023), Patient (15th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (8th February 2023), Sadieblue (9th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (18th April 2023)

39. Link to Post #1620
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    Bill? Why do you think it is that all the "News" and media outlets, and other things get more attention these days in the forums, than those things that once were sought after heavily?
    Well, there's a lot of alternative media coverage reported (and discussed) on Avalon. I think that's simply because there are more and more concerning developments manifesting globally literally every day.

The great proportion of this coverage is connected with current global events: the war in Ukraine, Russophobia in all its forms, The multipolar world order, covid, the vaxx, Pfizer relevations, the WEF, climate and environment problems and questions, big tech censorship, the US border crisis, all kinds of crises in the EU, the UK and the US, other problems of migration (everywhere!), personal surveillance and privacy, protests and unrest all over the world, problems of food and energy supply, election corruption, and much much more.

Rich Dolan still publishes his UFO-oriented videos almost every week, and so do quite a few others. But they may not be quite as important right now as (e.g.) what may be the very real threat of an escalation of the Ukraine war to an actual WW3. (WW3 has certainly already started, though it's not a shooting war yet. But it might well become one before the end of this year.)

Meanwhile, there are nearly 100,000 Avalon threads on every subject imaginable, and they're all there to be found with easy searches. Anyone is more than welcome (and encouraged!) to bump any thread they come across that they feel should be brought back to our collective attention.

40. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (9th February 2023), Denise/Dizi (9th February 2023), DNA (15th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (9th February 2023), Ewan (10th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), kudzy (13th February 2023), onevoice (9th February 2023), pabranno (9th February 2023), Rizotto (18th April 2023), RunningDeer (9th February 2023), Sadieblue (11th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (18th April 2023), Tintin (19th May 2023), Yoda (9th February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst 1 31 71 81 88 LastLast