+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'Uncontacted Tribes' still exist. One of them killed an American a few days ago.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,514 times in 32,788 posts

Default 'Uncontacted Tribes' still exist. One of them killed an American a few days ago.

From https://ndtv.com/india-news/what-we-...rican-1951270:

What we know about the Sentinelese, a hostile tribe that just killed an American
    21 November, 2018

Since the 1960s, there have been a handful of efforts to reach out to the Sentinelese tribe who live in the North Sentinel Island, off Andaman and Nicobar, but all have largely failed.

The Sentinelese, an aboriginal tribe of hunter-gatherers who have lived isolated from the outside world for almost 60,000 years, killed an American man who landed on one of the islands in India's remote cluster of Andaman and Nicobar.

The North Sentinel Island -- home to the Sentinelese tribe -- is out of bounds for visitors. They used arrows to kill the man identified as John Allen Chau after he was illegally ferried there by fishermen, the police said. Very little is known about the tribe, one of the most protected ones in India. Scientific observation over the last three decades has gathered only elementary knowledge about them and their lifestyle.

Here are 10 things we know about the Sentinelese tribe:
    1. The Sentinelese are assumed to be direct descendants of the earliest humans who emerged from Africa. Their language is incomprehensible even to other tribes in the region.
    2. They live on an island 50 km west of Port Blair. Their numbers are believed to be less than 150 and as low as 40.
    3. It is said they have made little to no advancement in the over 60,000 years and still live very primitive lives, surviving mainly on fish and coconuts.
    4. They are very vulnerable to germs since they have not had contact with the outside world. Even a common flu virus carried by a visitor could wipe out the entire tribe.
    5. Since the 1960s, there have been a handful of efforts to reach out to the tribe but all have largely failed. They have repeatedly, aggressively made it clear that they want to be isolated.
    6. The only man believed to have succeeded in establishing friendly contact with the tribe was an Indian anthropologist, Triloknath Pandit, in 1991.
    7. In 1981, a cargo ship MV Primrose grounded on the reef surrounding North Sentinel Island. The crew were rescued after a week by an Indian helicopter. The wreckage of the ship is still visible in satellite images.
    8. In 2006, the tribe killed two fishermen who strayed on to the island. They even rejected outside help after the Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004, throwing spears and arrows at a rescue helicopter that flew above.
    9. The Indian government has had strict laws that ensure that they are isolated. These laws prohibited anyone from making any unauthorised contact with these isolated aboriginals.
    10. But in a major step earlier this year, the Indian government excluded this island and 28 others in the Union Territory from the Restricted Area Permit or RAP regime till December 31, 2022, news agency Press Trust of India reported. The lifting of RAP means foreigners can go to the island without permission from the government, PTI reported.
    ~~~

And from https://boingboing.net/2018/11/21/re...d-island.html:

Remote "uncontacted" island tribe killed an interloping missionary with arrows

The Sentinelese are one of the world's last "uncontacted" indigenous peoples, a hunter-gatherer tribe who live on the remote North Sentinel Island in India's Andaman Islands chain. This week, John Allen Chau, 27, eager to meet the tribe and hopefully convert them to Christianity, paid local fishermen to help him get near the island. As soon as he illegally landed his canoe on the shore, the Sentinelese fired arrows. He escaped with injuries but returned twice later and was eventually killed. From CNN:
    "We refuse to call him a tourist. Yes, he came on a tourist visa but he came with a specific purpose to preach on a prohibited island," said (Dependra Pathak, Director General of Police of the Andaman and Nicobar islands).

Chau did not inform the police of his intentions to travel to the island to attempt to convert its inhabitants...

"According to the fishermen, they used a wooden boat fitted with motors to travel to the island on November 15," Pathak said.

"The boat stopped 500-700 meters (1,640 - 2,300 ft) away from the island and (the American missionary) used a canoe to reach the shore of the island. He came back later that day with arrow injuries. On the 16th, the (tribespeople) broke his canoe.

"So he came back to the boat swimming. He did not come back on the 17th; the fishermen later saw the tribespeople dragging his body around."

A 2011 survey only spotted 15 Sentinelese on their island -- the count was done from a distance due to the danger in approaching the tribe. In the 2001 census, the total population was estimated to be 39.

India has designated five indigenous tribal groups in the territory as "particularly vulnerable" due to the loss of sustaining resources and customs.

India's Ministry of Tribal Affairs has said that, with regard to Sentinelese tribes, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands administration "has adopted an 'eyes-on and hands-off' policy to ensure that no poachers enter into the island."
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st November 2018 at 22:42.

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (23rd November 2018), anandacate (23rd November 2018), avid (22nd November 2018), Bob (21st November 2018), Chip (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), Deux Corbeaux (22nd November 2018), DNA (22nd February 2023), drneglector (22nd November 2018), Flash (22nd November 2018), Franny (21st November 2018), Hervé (22nd November 2018), Ioneo (21st November 2018), Ivanhoe (22nd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), James (21st November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), Kryztian (22nd November 2018), Magnus (24th November 2018), Mare (22nd November 2018), NancyV (21st November 2018), Nasu (23rd November 2018), petra (22nd November 2018), shaberon (30th November 2018), Sophocles (22nd November 2018), Spellbound (22nd November 2018), starlight (22nd November 2018), Tintin (26th November 2018), toppy (22nd November 2018), Valerie Villars (21st November 2018), yelik (22nd November 2018), Yetti (24th November 2018), Yoda (22nd November 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

Default Re: 'Uncontacted Tribes' still exist. One of them killed an American a few days ago.

The Sentinelese are insanely fascinating - humankind in a Petri dish, without the domestication.

It would be a neat study to drone into place an arrangement of several, small cameras to capture a bit of their psychology from treetop distance.

Maybe we’d recall a familiar face, or find something completely foreign to our understanding gazing back - the tabby cat and the mountain lion. Bred for purpose, or born with purpose.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st November 2018), Bob (21st November 2018), Chip (23rd November 2018), Deux Corbeaux (22nd November 2018), Franny (22nd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), petra (22nd November 2018), Spellbound (22nd November 2018), Tintin (26th November 2018), toppy (22nd November 2018), Valerie Villars (21st November 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Default Re: 'Uncontacted Tribes' still exist. One of them killed an American a few days ago.

Wanting to put cameras up to observe this tribe feels really wrong to me. Yes I'm sure we could learn something... possibly a lot. However, to me this represents so much that is wrong with humanity. They clearly don't want to share with the rest of the world. They clearly want to be left alone. To me it would be arrogant and disrespectful to ignore their wishes and impose our big brother eye on them, for our own benefit.

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

avid (22nd November 2018), Bill Ryan (22nd November 2018), Chip (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), Franny (22nd November 2018), Ivanhoe (22nd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), James (22nd November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), Kryztian (22nd November 2018), meeradas (22nd November 2018), Muzz (27th January 2024), petra (22nd November 2018), Reinhard (23rd November 2018), Spellbound (22nd November 2018), Strat (22nd November 2018), toppy (22nd November 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd November 2018), XelNaga (27th November 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

I've been aware of this tribe in my anthropological studies, ( my x wife's degree). I was thinking that on a certain level wouldn't this response from the tribe be how humans react to aliens? I reminded of that great 'Outer Limits' show on the episode ''The Architects of Fear'' where Robert Culp is made into an alien with a craft that suppose to land at the UN in New York city but instead lands in some backwoods hick area and gets shot by rednecks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Architects_of_Fear

I think even our air force is on record for aggressive violent actions with ufos is clearly on the historic record. So maybe these islanders' behavior is not that weird.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Arak (28th November 2018), Bill Ryan (22nd November 2018), Chip (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), James (22nd November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), Kryztian (22nd November 2018), toppy (22nd November 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd November 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    They clearly don't want to share with the rest of the world. They clearly want to be left alone. To me it would be arrogant and disrespectful to ignore their wishes and impose our big brother eye on them, for our own benefit.
    I don't necessarily agree with this. I think they fear modern man because they don't understand modern man. I'm not aware of any case where a newly contacted tribe turns away modern creature comforts. The first contact is always tense and needs to be handled by professional anthropologists, not missionaries. Even with anthropologists, death can ensue.

That being said, if we did know for sure that they wished to remain isolated, then I agree with you 100%. Leave them be.

Kinda offtopic but there's a documentary on Netflix regarding all of this...i can't remember the name though. It's really neat, folks make contact with a tribe in the amazons. They're a rough bunch, they (more or less) raid a camp and steal items which is sketchy because one has to try and stop them because they don't understand germs and the danger they're putting themselves in. But if you get too close to them or appear aggressive then they'll attack.

Here's a similar documentary, all on youtube. I really like it (in 3 parts):
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

anandacate (23rd November 2018), avid (22nd November 2018), Bill Ryan (22nd November 2018), Chip (23rd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), petra (22nd November 2018), pueblo (22nd November 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd November 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,055 times in 2,419 posts

The man made a deadly mistake by returning after he had received warnings and initially got away with only wounds. I did not realize that he kept going back after escaping with his life once or twice. He made his choices. They made theirs. I don't know why he thought the outcome would be different by returning.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

avid (22nd November 2018), Bill Ryan (22nd November 2018), Chip (23rd November 2018), DNA (26th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), Matt P (22nd November 2018), petra (22nd November 2018), Reinhard (23rd November 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,230 times in 2,174 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    They clearly don't want to share with the rest of the world. They clearly want to be left alone. To me it would be arrogant and disrespectful to ignore their wishes and impose our big brother eye on them, for our own benefit.
    I don't necessarily agree with this. I think they fear modern man because they don't understand modern man. I'm not aware of any case where a newly contacted tribe turns away modern creature comforts. The first contact is always tense and needs to be handled by professional anthropologists, not missionaries. Even with anthropologists, death can ensue.

That being said, if we did know for sure that they wished to remain isolated, then I agree with you 100%. Leave them be.

Kinda offtopic but there's a documentary on Netflix regarding all of this...i can't remember the name though. It's really neat, folks make contact with a tribe in the amazons. They're a rough bunch, they (more or less) raid a camp and steal items which is sketchy because one has to try and stop them because they don't understand germs and the danger they're putting themselves in. But if you get too close to them or appear aggressive then they'll attack.

Here's a similar documentary, all on youtube. I really like it (in 3 parts):
    Great doc (all 3 parts) thanks. I found it a little bitter-sweet knowing the inevitability that for them life will never be the same again.

This was 1998 I think? It would be interesting to see what has changed in the last 20 years for these people.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

airaspect (24th November 2018), Bill Ryan (22nd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), Strat (22nd November 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    The man made a deadly mistake by returning after he had received warnings and initially got away with only wounds. I did not realize that he kept going back after escaping with his life once or twice. He made his choices. They made theirs. I don't know why he thought the outcome would be different by returning.
    The tribe hinted very strongly that they didn't want to be "saved." Finally, he got the point.
    OK, OK, I know, that was awful. The tribe hasn't even digested the guy yet, and already I'm making jokes. The preacher didn't believe in evolution, so is not qualified to win a Darwin award, so how can we celebrate his brash, arrogant, stupidity but to laugh? Think what this just did to Jehovah's Witness recruiting! - (was trying to channel some Bill Hicks, got some Sam Kinison)

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

airaspect (24th November 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), DNA (26th November 2018), HaveBlue (26th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), lloyds (23rd November 2018), Mike (27th November 2018), Napping (23rd November 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd November 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

He was a missionary, convinced he needed to 'save' these people, the arrogance of faith killed him, why can't we simply leave these folks be, we have plenty to be getting on with.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

avid (23rd November 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), genevieve (24th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), lunaflare (29th November 2018), Nasu (23rd November 2018), pueblo (23rd November 2018), silverchimes (23rd November 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd November 2018), XelNaga (27th November 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    The tribe hinted very strongly that they didn't want to be "saved." Finally, he got the point.
    OK, OK, I know, that was awful. The tribe hasn't even digested the guy yet, and already I'm making jokes. The preacher didn't believe in evolution, so is not qualified to win a Darwin award, so how can we celebrate his brash, arrogant, stupidity but to laugh? Think what this just did to Jehovah's Witness recruiting! - (was trying to channel some Bill Hicks, got some Sam Kinison)
    I think that's one of the the best worst posts I've ever read.

Confession! I totally agree. The moral to the tragic (for him) story is so clear. Some people just create their own fate, which rolls out in many different forms.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), DNA (26th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Johnnycomelately (22nd February 2023), Magnus (25th November 2018), Sophocles (23rd November 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd November 2018), Yoda (25th November 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

They can’t live like this forever either. From bigger perspective it’s an illusion and utopia. Sorry to say that. If they were peaceful tribe with cultured habits maybe they’d throw bunch of coconuts at the boat and chased visitors away but the rift between them and the rest is kind of too abyssymal to cross now,
    even for a missionary ..
    for somehow they’re “allowed to kill” in order to protect themselves alone,
    stuck in cannibalistic faith in “our own survival”.

Love People. Is not the 27 year old boy with head full of dreams also “People”?
    Sure he’s.

It’s bad of the civilisation not to make intelligent contact or not being able to make intelligent contact. It’s late to keep people on isolated islands or in human ZOOs.

The time is overdue ..for not being able to make intelligent contact .

What does anthropology want to learn there ? Of cannibalism and other pervert practices then post it all in their Ultra right magazines or Playboy?

No, thanks.

They live under legal system that should be the same good for God as for the Office.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), hermit (29th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    I know what you mean. (I'll translate! "The time is overdue ... for making intelligent contact.")

But I strongly disagree. Why not let them be?

They don't bother us — unless we try to convert them to Christianity, which is arrogant, manipulative, we're-better-than-you interference. And there's no reason for us at all to bother them. (Unless we want the island as a military base, or discover rare earth minerals there to be open-cast mined.)

Who lives a better, healthier, more spiritual life? Us with our TV game shows and iPhones and 5G and chemtrails and fluoride in the water and compulsory vaccinations for newborn babies?

Or them, close to nature (part of nature!), totally independent in their spiritual and tribal traditions, and living with integrity as defined by themselves... not anyone else?

How arrogant we are to even think that we should decide that we know better what they need.

24. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (23rd November 2018), anandacate (23rd November 2018), avid (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), DNA (26th November 2018), genevieve (24th November 2018), greybeard (23rd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), James (23rd November 2018), lunaflare (29th November 2018), Magnus (25th November 2018), Satori (23rd November 2018), silverchimes (23rd November 2018), Sophocles (23rd November 2018), starlight (23rd November 2018), Trisher (23rd November 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd November 2018), XelNaga (27th November 2018), Yoda (25th November 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,192 times in 437 posts

We already contact them on a daily basis. They look up at a chemtrailed sky. Their coconuts are tainted with heavy metals and their fish toxic with pollution. Their rain water likewise. The air they breathe has less oxygen and is full of nano particulates. They are constantly bombarded with frequencies from satellites and more and their weather is manipulated. They have less sunlight and the sun they get is through a chemtrail haze.

I think we have contacted them enough..its time we left them completely without contact in all ways.

Trisher

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Agape (23rd November 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), silverchimes (23rd November 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd November 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,162 times in 1,389 posts

Concurring with Dennis, Mike and Bill and in addition, the sick and twisted irony of this fanatical, proselytizing aspect of xstianity which, rather than being the eternal salvation of these very special folk, could well have wiped them out entirely through the introduction of modern viruses into their community.

All in all, divine justice was served imo.
    Last edited by Akasha; 23rd November 2018 at 10:08.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

avid (23rd November 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), happyuk (23rd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), pueblo (23rd November 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd November 2018), XelNaga (27th November 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Their world--their rules.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

avid (23rd November 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), happyuk (23rd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Satori (23rd November 2018), silverchimes (23rd November 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd November 2018), XelNaga (27th November 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member starlight's Avatar
    Thanks

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/w...nd-tribes.html

Above you'll find the link to an interview with the Indian Anthropologist who first made contact with the Sentinelese and Jarawa tribes, and late in life, came to regret it.

Quote It took Mr. Pandit and his colleagues more than two decades to persuade the tribes known as the Jarawa and Sentinelese to lay down their bows and arrows and mingle peacefully with the Indian settlers who surrounded them. The process was grindingly slow, involving trips into remote jungle areas to leave gifts for people who would not show themselves. In each case, though, there was an exhilarating breakthrough.
    Notice how it took a professional TWENTY YEARS to do what that missionary attempted in just 3 days.

Pictured above in 1991, is Pandit, far left, presenting coconuts as gifts to the Sentinelese

Although Pandit had most contact with the Jarawa tribe, he soon came to regret it.

Quote “The negative impact of close contact is inescapable, but it is sad,” he said. “What an amazing community, but it has been diluted in its outlook, its self-confidence, its sense of purpose, its sense of survival. Now they take it easy. They beg for things.”
    I think we should take Dr. Pandit's experience and learn from it. Integrating with uncontacted tribes has lasting effects on their people. Once you introduce them to our modern society of easily accessible food and advanced technology, you are stripping away a valued culture and it's preserved way of life. Its almost like eating candy for the first time as a kid: your tastebuds sing, and your eyes widen; you are now introduced to something new that you will likely never choose to live without.

I hope we as a species learn to respect and value differing cultures other than our own.

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to starlight For This Post:

Agape (23rd November 2018), anandacate (23rd November 2018), Arak (28th November 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd November 2018), DNA (26th November 2018), genevieve (24th November 2018), happyuk (25th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), James (23rd November 2018), lunaflare (29th November 2018), meeradas (26th November 2018), Nasu (23rd November 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

What a funny irony ... he went there to help the tribe find God, but in the end, the tribe helped him find God ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Agape (23rd November 2018), airaspect (24th November 2018), Akasha (29th November 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), Bruno (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (24th November 2018), DNA (26th November 2018), happyuk (25th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), Satori (23rd November 2018), silverchimes (23rd November 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I know what you mean. (I'll translate! "The time is overdue ... for making intelligent contact.")

But I strongly disagree. Why not let them be?

They don't bother us — unless we try to convert them to Christianity, which is arrogant, manipulative, we're-better-than-you interference. And there's no reason for us at all to bother them. (Unless we want the island as a military base, or discover rare earth minerals there to be open-cast mined.)

Who lives a better, healthier, more spiritual life? Us with our TV game shows and iPhones and 5G and chemtrails and fluoride in the water and compulsory vaccinations for newborn babies?

Or them, close to nature (part of nature!), totally independent in their spiritual and tribal traditions, and living with integrity as defined by themselves... not anyone else?

How arrogant we are to even think that we should decide that we know better what they need.

Thank you for better perspective Bill, of course I can agree on that, 99,99% .

These islands look like paradise from times long gone even from the
    aerial photos so do the people.

Their mentality is so far away from people of today’s rushed modern world with all its self imposed rules( someone like me does not confirm with anyway but it’s more about the pace, the control mechanisms and mentality, than the laws) that they can’t be blamed for protecting their territory.

At the same time ..their island may be flushed by the next tsunami wave and they’ll have little chance to be rescued.

They’ve probably eaten number of foreign missionaries in the course of their remote history( having some funny thoughts here, sorry) and did not get infected by their advanced microbioms.
    They don’t seem to have problem with vaccinations then and little concerns about MK Ultra.

Most importantly .. they can’t read our messages about them on Internet

And if they can read our Minds ...

they most certainly agree with your opinion rather than mine.

But no doubt they lit couple of ceremonial fires last night ( their version of forum) and discussing it loudly quite like we do and perhaps they’re also trying to make sense of the world “out there” and imagine what’s going on ..

I mean, maybe.

Let them Live, yes.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd February 2023), enfoldedblue (23rd November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

At the same time ..their island may be flushed by the next tsunami wave and they’ll have little chance to be rescued.
    Actually, that's NOT what happened in December 2004. What did happen is instructive.

Indian authorities were very concerned that the tribespeople on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands — which contain Sentinel Island as one of the same group — would have suffered great losses from the devastating Banda Aceh tsunami. But when military helicopters arrived there, they found there were NO CASUALTIES.

The islanders, highly attuned to natural rhythms and signals, had clearly sensed that the tsunami was coming — and had all retreated to safe, high ground before it hit.

38. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (23rd November 2018), anandacate (25th November 2018), avid (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd February 2023), DNA (26th November 2018), happyuk (25th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), James (23rd November 2018), kanishk (26th November 2018), Magnus (25th November 2018), meeradas (26th November 2018), Nasu (23rd November 2018), Satori (23rd November 2018), silverchimes (23rd November 2018), starlight (23rd November 2018), XelNaga (27th November 2018), Yoda (25th November 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Actually, that's NOT what happened in December 2004. What did happen is instructive.

Indian authorities were very concerned that the tribespeople on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands — which contain Sentinel Island as one of the same group — would have suffered great losses from the devastating Banda Aceh tsunami. But when military helicopters arrived there, they found there were NO CASUALTIES.

The islanders, highly attuned to natural rhythms and signals, had clearly sensed that the tsunami was coming — and had all retreated to safe, high ground before it hit.

That’s excellent news, thanks again Bill. It’s exactly what I was wondering about and what happened to them in that particular tsunami wave that splashed many coasts and islands.

Some other islands and their less lucky inhabitants were probably smashed but that’s a fate not an argument.

I’m running some ironic ideas about the “first contact scenarios” on this planet and culture crashes( since I experienced good few of them already) especially in “close contact” scenarios, the risks are high for either party( aborigines vs misionairs, hosts and guests, terrestrials and the rest..)for which the case above stands as repeated metaphor.
    No sarcasm from my side though, my thoughts are contemplative. It’s a wonder to live here and a challenge,
    everyday.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

avid (23rd November 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2018), Dennis Leahy (23rd February 2023), DNA (26th November 2018), HaveBlue (26th November 2018), Ivy23 (30th November 2018), kanishk (26th November 2018), meeradas (26th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast