+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: China's TERRIFYING Social Credit System (it's already here)

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Default Re: China's TERRIFYING Social Credit System (it's already here)

Quote Posted by Rain Forest (here)
    Sorry, that is just a comment somebody left on Youtube,i don't know him/her. If you would like to discuss about that comment with him/her, it might be btter to go to youtube ,find them and talk to them.
    Haha. Are you CCP?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Hym (11th April 2021), I am B (12th April 2021), Icare (11th April 2021), Mashika (11th April 2021)

3. Link to Post #62
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Sorry, that is just a comment somebody left on Youtube,i don't know him/her. If you would like to discuss about that comment with him/her, it might be btter to go to youtube ,find them and talk to them.
    Bit offtopic but earlier today, when Rain Forest replied to me in Russian, there was a typo, Rain Forest wrote "Спасиба" when it should have been "Спасибо", then later edited the post and corrected spelling

Quote Огромное спасиба! Я буду отвечать вам завтра. Спокойной ночи.
    To:
    Quote Огромное спасибо! Я буду отвечать вам завтра. Спокойной ночи.
    The reason i bring this up is because it's a bit bothersome to me, because when you write that word, it ends in o, but when you pronounce it, it sounds kind of like 'a' at the end: Kind of like "Spasiba", with the 'a' sounding like 'ah'

But, the only way you could end up with a written word with the 'a' at the end, is if you translated from English to Russian... because the 'a' character doesn't exist in the Chinese alphabet, and if you were to use something like google translate, where would it find the 'a' since that's not a character on Chinese at all? I tried to translate "Thank you" in several languages and into Russian, the only time i get that misspelling with the 'a' at the end is when translating "Spasiba" to Russian, selecting source as English and Russian as end translation

And i know that was translated from some site, because of the use of "Спокойной ночи"

Should have been: Доброй ночи

So, how did you get that typo Rain Forest? Since it can only happen from English -> Russian and only if you miswrite the word as it is pronounced, not as it would be written if you searched for it on your own language. Why did you use English to find the Russian translation of that word? In all my life, i've only seen English speaking people make that mistake, because of how the language works. For other cyrillic people, or japanese or other languages, i have never seen that, because there's no 'a' letter at all and you don't have that image of translating the sound into a written character with the same sound, as you must surely know

That, you have carefully avoided really speaking up your mind so far, and seem to be able to access youtube very freely without any worry, but ignore any questions about China and "you don't care" what anyone else thinks, but keep posting videos that could almost be called propaganda because of the way you keep spamming them and the very specific view they form. Those things lead to some picture of what you want here

So apologies if i'm wrong but you kind of leading people into thinking this way, by your own actions

You remain silent about your personal opinion on China's social credit system, which is what this thread was about, but kept posting other stuff not related to it that only makes China look good and nothing more

See why it would look very suspicious? It just looks like you have an agenda, and people can see it building up, it's troublesome specially because you refuse to talk more and just quote other people, but only the comments that conform to the view of China you want to expose

Last edited by Mashika; 11th April 2021 at 23:30.
    Tired

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Delight (12th April 2021), Hym (13th April 2021), I am B (12th April 2021), Icare (11th April 2021), onawah (11th April 2021), Patient (28th April 2021)

5. Link to Post #63
    China Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    There are plenty of people who have travelled through China and Chinese who have left China who verify the horror stories about China in the MMS.
    I've posted some of them in the thread Turmoil in China.
    The CCP's propaganda machine is so huge now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are targeting forums like Avalon these days too.
    So I also wonder if you are a CCP apologist or shill, Rain Forest, though if you are, of course you will deny it.
    Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Quote CPC has become integrated part of China and China modern history. Hating CPC is hating Chinese, no doubt about that.
    I do not live in China so I cannot verify anything you are posting? However, why are you here as an apologist for the CCP?
    Sorry ,you can assume i am an ET,if you want and like that. I don't really care. Or you can imagine me as a homeless person who lives a very miserable life......anyway like you please.

Becacuse no matter what i say, you won't believe. So let's call it good here.
    Maybe because you don't say anything! You just spamming all threads with the same videos dude

See this, if youtube is blocked in China, how are you getting those videos?

Should we assume you found a safe vpn and went looking for those specific videos and made a list of "shiny happy people holding hands" just so you could come here and post them all over the place?

Why would someone do that? Risk it like that just to come and spam all the same videos all over the place? Are we to believe everything is perfect and shiny because a video says so?

That's why it looks apologetic, and very odd

Anything you dislike about China? We all have things we hate about our countries, it is normal. Tells us what you hate the most about China, the government maybe? Lack of food safety? The one kid thing?
    Hi, which area of Russia you come from? Ukrain? Or some place else. Would you please tell me what things you hate about your countries first.

6. Link to Post #64
    China Avalon Member
    Thanks

I can say for example that even if Russia has had equal rights for man and women since forever, and that Putin says a woman can do any job they want, it's a farce. Because the local job code saying around 400 jobs are forbidden for woman in general. Including being a pilot for example, which i wanted to be, and that's shameful and oppressive (What do you call a government that has a list of jobs a woman can't do, and they constantly check and review? On a country built on the shoulders of woman?)

And i can say it freely, no repercussions. So tell us what's wrong, not just the nice parts. Should be ok because you are on a vpn or not on China at this time, right? Can you speak freely?
    This sounds wierd. As far as i know, women in Russia area are usually not only capable, hardworking, endurable, very smart ,but also do all kinds of jobs no worse than any men.
    Your stories i never heard.
    And i know many Ukrainians hate Russia....but a lot of them like russia,for example , in the east of Ukrain.
    Russian women did a lot of jobs which only belonged to men before,even during the second world war,

7. Link to Post #65
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

There are plenty of people who have travelled through China and Chinese who have left China who verify the horror stories about China in the MMS.
    The CCP's propaganda machine is so huge now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are targeting forums like Avalon these days too.
    So I also wonder if you are a CCP apologist or shill, Rain Forest, though if you are, of course you will deny it.
    Quote CPC has become integrated part of China and China modern history. Hating CPC is hating Chinese, no doubt about that.
    I do not live in China so I cannot verify anything you are posting? However, why are you here as an apologist for the CCP?
    Sorry ,you can assume i am an ET,if you want and like that. I don't really care. Or you can imagine me as a homeless person who lives a very miserable life......anyway like you please.

Maybe because you don't say anything! You just spamming all threads with the same videos dude

Should we assume you found a safe vpn and went looking for those specific videos and made a list of "shiny happy people holding hands" just so you could come here and post them all over the place?

Why would someone do that? Risk it like that just to come and spam all the same videos all over the place? Are we to believe everything is perfect and shiny because a video says so?

Anything you dislike about China? We all have things we hate about our countries, it is normal. Tells us what you hate the most about China, the government maybe? Lack of food safety? The one kid thing?
    Hi, which area of Russia you come from? Ukrain? Or some place else. Would you please tell me what things you hate about your countries first.
    Ukrania? That's another country...... lol

I'm from Moscow Oblast, Ukrania has not been part of Russia ever, and stopped being part of the USSR since like 1991 or so

I already said what i hate about my country, that's off topic to continue talking about. This thread is not about me or Russia, it's about the social credit system on China

There are some rules to follow on this forum, one of them is that you must not derail the thread, specially on purpose to avoid getting to the point because you may not like where it goes

I think it would be interesting to know what do you think of the Social Credit System implemented in China, do you like it, or not? What's your score? Do you think it's fair to be subjected to something like that?
    Tired

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Hym (13th April 2021), I am B (12th April 2021), Icare (12th April 2021), Patient (28th April 2021)

9. Link to Post #66
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

I can say for example that even if Russia has had equal rights for man and women since forever, and that Putin says a woman can do any job they want, it's a farce. Because the local job code saying around 400 jobs are forbidden for woman in general. Including being a pilot for example, which i wanted to be, and that's shameful and oppressive (What do you call a government that has a list of jobs a woman can't do, and they constantly check and review? On a country built on the shoulders of woman?)

And i can say it freely, no repercussions. So tell us what's wrong, not just the nice parts. Should be ok because you are on a vpn or not on China at this time, right? Can you speak freely?
    This sounds wierd. As far as i know, women in Russia area are usually not only capable, hardworking, endurable, very smart ,but also do all kinds of jobs no worse than any men.
    Your stories i never heard.
    And i know many Ukrainians hate Russia....but a lot of them like russia,for example , in the east of Ukrain.
    Russian women did a lot of jobs which only belonged to men before,even during the second world war,
    You don't know what you're talking about, there is nothing weird about it, it's a real thing. But i know you are trying to deflect and derail the thread, i'm not going to follow you on this more than posting this, for reference to other members here

https://www.rt.com/russia/457651-wom...n-jobs-russia/

Other than that, please stop derailing the thread, i think it was very important and you seem to be trying to make people distract for the real purpose of it, "for reasons"

And please stop using American pronunciation of "Украина", or at least use Ucraine or Ukraine if you are going to keep pretending, it's awkward lol, aren't you supposed to be from China? Why do you know better the US pronunciation than the real one that is closer to you, specially if you "know many Ukrainians". I think you are just trolling by now
    Tired

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Hym (13th April 2021), Icare (12th April 2021), Patient (28th April 2021)

11. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

Bit offtopic but earlier today, when Rain Forest replied to me in Russian, there was a typo, Rain Forest wrote "Спасиба" when it should have been "Спасибо", then later edited the post and corrected spelling

Quote Огромное спасиба! Я буду отвечать вам завтра. Спокойной ночи.
    To:
    Quote Огромное спасибо! Я буду отвечать вам завтра. Спокойной ночи.
    The reason i bring this up is because it's a bit bothersome to me, because when you write that word, it ends in o, but when you pronounce it, it sounds kind of like 'a' at the end: Kind of like "Spasiba", with the 'a' sounding like 'ah'

But, the only way you could end up with a written word with the 'a' at the end, is if you translated from English to Russian... because the 'a' character doesn't exist in the Chinese alphabet, and if you were to use something like google translate, where would it find the 'a' since that's not a character on Chinese at all? I tried to translate "Thank you" in several languages and into Russian, the only time i get that misspelling with the 'a' at the end is when translating "Spasiba" to Russian, selecting source as English and Russian as end translation

And i know that was translated from some site, because of the use of "Спокойной ночи"

Should have been: Доброй ночи

So, how did you get that typo Rain Forest? Since it can only happen from English -> Russian and only if you miswrite the word as it is pronounced, not as it would be written if you searched for it on your own language. Why did you use English to find the Russian translation of that word? In all my life, i've only seen English speaking people make that mistake, because of how the language works. For other cyrillic people, or japanese or other languages, i have never seen that, because there's no 'a' letter at all and you don't have that image of translating the sound into a written character with the same sound, as you must surely know

That, you have carefully avoided really speaking up your mind so far, and seem to be able to access youtube very freely without any worry, but ignore any questions about China and "you don't care" what anyone else thinks, but keep posting videos that could almost be called propaganda because of the way you keep spamming them and the very specific view they form. Those things lead to some picture of what you want here

So apologies if i'm wrong but you kind of leading people into thinking this way, by your own actions

You remain silent about your personal opinion on China's social credit system, which is what this thread was about, but kept posting other stuff not related to it that only makes China look good and nothing more

See why it would look very suspicious? It just looks like you have an agenda, and people can see it building up, it's troublesome specially because you refuse to talk more and just quote other people, but only the comments that conform to the view of China you want to expose

As a spanish studying Russian i have to say that спасибА is a preety common typo here too because of reasons, not related to translator tho. So he may be european (or at least spanish) too. Just sayin'

One way or another, seeing the next messages, your point is completely valid.

Quoting delight:

Are you CCP?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Hym (13th April 2021), Mashika (12th April 2021)

13. Link to Post #68
    China Avalon Member
    Thanks

Talking Re: China's TERRIFYING Social Credit System (it's already here)

Ukrania? That's another country...... lol

I'm from Moscow Oblast, Ukrania has not been part of Russia ever, and stopped being part of the USSR since like 1991 or so

I already said what i hate about my country, that's off topic to continue talking about. This thread is not about me or Russia, it's about the social credit system on China

There are some rules to follow on this forum, one of them is that you must not derail the thread, specially on purpose to avoid getting to the point because you may not like where it goes

I think it would be interesting to know what do you think of the Social Credit System implemented in China, do you like it, or not? What's your score? Do you think it's fair to be subjected to something like that?

I tell you the fact, and i will not repeat it:

As a Chinese, i never knew such a system as so called "the Social Credit System". And i don't think any chinese really knows about such a system.

The fact is here.

The so called Social Credit System is just another lie made by liars. Just BS .

About the CCP, according to some people's criteria, anybody who talks good about China is either CCP,(if this is a chinese), or paid to say that,(if this is westner ).

These two standard ways is just convenient to use,but too old.
    Last edited by Rain Forest; 12th April 2021 at 19:00.

14. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

No buddy, I've been studying chinese for a few years already, got a small bunch of chinese friends, and given the situation, I discussed the social credit matter with most of them since it started being implemented a few years ago. While some were more or less supportive towards it, they all "admitted" (and say admit with quotes, because it isnt even a disputable fact) it exists and that the level of surveillance is as bad as is exposed. Damn, we were even discussing the very visible effect it had on society. (being able to leave your phone on the restaurant table while going to pee without risk of it being stolen, sudden perfection of driving manners, and a long long etc.)

I personally know youre outright lying. Now I'm asking why.
    Last edited by I am B; 12th April 2021 at 19:14.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Delight (12th April 2021), Hym (13th April 2021), Icare (12th April 2021), Mashika (12th April 2021), Patient (28th April 2021)

16. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by I am B (here)

I saw a video where China (CCP) has recently been using INTENSE persuasion with the Ugyur situation. They are NOT being subjected to mass incarceration and NO there are no slave labor camps or forced organ donation. Again, I have no clue about life on the individual level and never been to China. However, I am deeply suspicious that social credit is as I write the plan here and yonder all over the world. And it's for all the people who have survived the jabs.

There is a HUGE push ATM to gaslight the human collective. For one thing, the last possible moment is the one where the trap can be tripped. If the rabbit knows, the rabbit flees. "OF COURSE there is no global coordination to impose total indoor/outdoor zoo habitation. Every thing being done is ONLY to make the world a happy brightly lit Lalatopia. Let's all sing and dance because the jab will save us. I see the truth being systematically squelched JUST LIKE CHINA IS DOING TO ITS CITIZENS. That way people have no organized defense.

LOTS of people must be working the propaganda machine ATM. Here as well?
    Last edited by Delight; 12th April 2021 at 19:40.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Hym (13th April 2021), Icare (12th April 2021), Mashika (12th April 2021), Patient (28th April 2021)

18. Link to Post #71
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

No buddy, I've been studying chinese for a few years already, got a small bunch of chinese friends, and given the situation, I discussed the social credit matter with most of them since it started being implemented a few years ago. While some were more or less supportive towards it, they all "admitted" (and say admit with quotes, because it isnt even a disputable fact) it exists and that the level of surveillance is as bad as is exposed. Damn, we were even discussing the very visible effect it had on society. (being able to leave your phone on the restaurant table while going to pee without risk of it being stolen, sudden perfection of driving manners, and a long long etc.)

Derailing the thread is the purpose, now he seems to want the focus to be "he's lying" and then we spend a lot of time adding more and more statements about what we see instead of focusing with quality comments on the actual purpose of the thread. Until it gets flooded with missinformation and a lot of pointless bickering back and forth

That's pretty much it, and that's why he posts preposterous things like "i never heard of it". So that we start discussing that particular thing (that he is clearly lying) instead of the actual issues with the social credit system and how it could be implemented on other countries as well

Or in other words, he want us to discuss "him and his weird funny lies" instead of the actual issue

Tired

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Delight (12th April 2021), Hym (13th April 2021), I am B (12th April 2021), Icare (12th April 2021), Patient (28th April 2021)

20. Link to Post #72
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

I posted this on the Covid news and updates thread earlier on. I think it also fits here and may bring us back to topic, hopefully:

Dr. Naomi Wolf: 'The vaccine passport plan is the same platform as the social credit system in China

The video clip is about 8 minutes long and explains the system well:
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/FzhptWvT2YES/
    Last edited by Icare; 12th April 2021 at 19:59.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Hym (13th April 2021), I am B (12th April 2021), Mashika (12th April 2021), Patient (28th April 2021)

22. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

I agree mashika. I guess finding the cause of it would be a small way to understand this dictatorial system being pushed a bit more.

In spain, we're slowly getting more and more cameras on the streets. So far where I live, we have a camera system on every square and roundabout to control access to town, although theres no huge score system or similar yet, and the "only" ones with access to them are the local police to prevent theft, etc.

Gonna leave this spot here. Looks preety genuine, and scary. Not sure its been mentioned before.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Constance (12th April 2021), ExomatrixTV (26th October 2021), Hym (13th April 2021), Icare (12th April 2021), Mashika (13th April 2021)

24. Link to Post #74
    China Avalon Member
    Thanks

Red face Re: China's TERRIFYING Social Credit System (it's already here)

1How much do you know about China? Have you been there? Who authorizes you to Judge me?

2 you mean camera surveillance? WOW , That is what is called "The Social credit system" ? ?? (With those funny " credits" which doesn't exist at all. )... but we do have a driver's license system with credits. And also we have the credit record from credit card, both are the same as in other countries. That means if you violates a certain rules of transportation, you lose some credits ,if you lose a lot of the credits of your driver's license, your driver's license will be suspended; If you have bad record on your credit card,.... You will have problem when buying a house or a vehicle. Because your application for loan night very probably not be approved.

In China cameras are usually installed at the main crossings, the entrance of Commercial buildings, department stores, supermarket....the residential area. The same as in many other countries, in public areas. If you want, you can buy some and intall in your yard. Nobody would interfere with that.

In fact ,that helps Chinese police solve a lot of crimes with much higher rate and efficiency. Criminals are most afraid of those cameras. Chinese people don't have any problems with those cameras installed at critical entrances. Why does that bother you ,ten thousand miles away from China? ( Are you paid by CIA? Are you paid to do this? ) Haha ,Joke.

Like this covid thing, if from the start , people had been suggested to wear masks to prevent covid-19, and people in so-called democratic countries had realized the severe situation, had been more cooperative, everyone wearing masks , everywhere..... The death rate from covid-19 would not be so high like now. But they would not like to sacrifice a little of "their own temporary freedom" for the long term common freedom.... Which leads to the high death rate of covid.

The same with a certain amounts of cameras at necessary critical Crossings and entrances of public areas, if people don't want that,oppose that, afraid of their pravicy leaked..... (In fact we already have no privacy according to Edward Snowden.) , They have to bear the high crime rate.
    The safety in their country can't be guaranteed so much like in China. (By the way ,how is the rate and efficiency of solving crimes in the country where you live? )

3 A Many westerners like to live in China for many reasons, safety accounts for one of the main reasons . They can go out at night anytime they want,without worrying about gun shootings, violence...junkies.....
    B another reason is convenient , prompt ,cheap and effectuent medical service in China,which might make any middle-class person get broke overnight in US.

This is all I know.

Thank you for being so curious. Curiosity keeps us young.

Because of the time, i can only answer one question at a time.

Enjoy life and keep healthy!
    Last edited by Rain Forest; 13th April 2021 at 01:01.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Rain Forest For This Post:

I am B (13th April 2021)

26. Link to Post #75
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Hey guys, I know Rain Forest may look very like a CCP online propoganda officer to you guys. And if I were you, I would doubt as well if Avalon forum becoming a target of CCP's penetrating.

But she may be, and she may be not. And if she is really a CCP penetrating online propoganda officer, I'd say that'd be not too bad. The worse scenario would be that she is not and she sincerely believes all of the YouTube videos she posted here.

As an expat Chinese as well, I can assure you that Rain Forest is far from being alone. There are numberless Chinese I know directly and indirectly, live in and outside of China would agree with her opinions (although she was questioned that she didn't say her opinions, but there's a way of Chinese expressing their opinion -- simply reposting a video, means I 100% agree with what the video says). And I myself was a believer of these videos and the related paradigm as well.

I was aware of what is CCP and very aware of the state of the lack of freedom in China, but as Donald Trump becoming the US president and starting the trade war, Chinese government accordingly started waves of very strong and convincing propaganda. And I was one of those being convinced or more precisely, being emotionally moved and called as a Chinese.

When disinformation further mixed with emotions (the love to your country and deeply sadness about your beloved country's sufferings), people can be very confused and thoughts in a mess.

Chinese government released mixed information, partly truth and partly propaganda lies. The truth part was very convincing and astonishing, and was a very good cover for some mixed lies in it.

Emotionally, Chinese people believe they have been long bullied and sabotaged by the West and their followers. And they proudly believe that the bullying wouldn't be allowed anymore since China arises as a result of Chinese people's decades of hard working.

As time approaching 2020, I have to say that I feel (it is I FEEL, not have to be true) there was more and more hatred towards the west, or white people, and their "following dogs" in Asia, Japanese and Taiwanese. You can say they are racists, but they are and they are not. They truly believe that they have been bullied for too long time and it's time to fight back bravely.

Truths or lies, right or wrong, it doesn't change the fact that so many Chinese people truely believe that is true and right. Waking up people has been what Bill and Avalon forum devoted to all these years, but the way is still very long and hard.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LJY For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), Constance (28th April 2021), Delight (28th April 2021), Eva2 (28th April 2021), Harmony (28th April 2021), Hym (28th April 2021)

28. Link to Post #76
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,076 times in 869 posts

https://www.blacklistednews.com/arti...n-western.html

CHINA’S “SOCIAL CREDIT SCORING” IS EXPANDING GLOBALLY, NOW OPENLY OPERATIONAL IN WESTERN CANADA

The above link caught my attention today...

China’s Orwellian “social credit system” that records the social and financial behaviour of individuals and corporations across China, using a vast surveillance system, has expanded globally, and is now openly operational at the renowned Haidilao hot pot restaurant, in Western Canada.

Ryan Pan, a manager with Haidilao Hot Pot in Vancouver confirmed that over 60 surveillance cameras have been installed in the restaurant at the request of the Haidilao corporation, as part of the social credit system in China. He said that the Vancouver location has 30 tables with two cameras assigned to each table.

When asked specifically why Haidilao required so many cameras to monitor staff and patrons, Ryan Pan said that the cameras were installed to “punish” staff if they didn’t adhere to corporate standards and to “people track”. Pan also said that the video is sent back to China but declined to say why this was, other than to say the reason for this was “secret.”

Founded in Sichuan, China, the Haidilao opened up at two locations in the Vancouver region, the most recent of which was opened in 2018 in a former Swiss Chalet restaurant in the trendy Kitsilano district of Vancouver. The location is within walking distance of the home rented by Huawei for staff temporarily re-located to Vancouver to assist Meng Wanzhou, the chief financial officer (CFO) of the telecom giant. Following her arrest and hearing over a provisional US extradition request for fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud in order to circumvent US sanctions against Iran. The Haidilao location is no more than 10 minutes to Meng Wanzhou’s mansion and the Peoples Republic of China Consulate. Haidilao has over 935 locations around the world and more than 36 million VIP members and 60,000 plus staff.

We reached out to Ivy Li, with the Canadian Friends of Hong Kong, who is a well-known public speaker, writer and activist on matters related to China and pro-democracy, to ask why Canadians should be concerned that China’s social credit system is now operational in Canada.

Ivy, who was born and raised in Hong Kong, had this to say in response: “Not only ethnic Chinese Canadians and residents, and businesses with Chinese ties are put at risk, but the privacy and safety of all Canadians and our society are compromised. Customers at a popular ethnic cuisine restaurant, especially in an upscale area, could be diplomats and politicians entertaining their guests, CEOs discussing their business strategies, professionals talking about company projects, journalists conducting interviews, etc., etc. Dinners discuss a wide range of subjects, especially after a couple of wine. The dining table in a popular restaurant is one of the best places to eavesdrop on someone and to get the pulse of a society.” ...

(READ MORE AT THE ABOVE LINK)

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th April 2021), Eva2 (28th April 2021), Hym (28th April 2021), Icare (29th April 2021), onawah (27th October 2021), Peace in Oz (15th May 2021)

30. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Here in spain, we're getting more and more surveillance cameras. First it was only at town entrances/roundabouts, to prevent some burglary problems (acceptable imho). But now theyre everywhere. Squares, streets, neighborhoods... I'd say we're 60/70% ready infrastructure-wise to embrace social credit, and with the huge basic-right crushing politics on the table (because of coincidential covid) , it could be a near reality.

Time to take the dust off the balaclava and the baseball bat i guess...

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), onawah (26th October 2021)

32. Link to Post #78
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,641 times in 20,812 posts

• 'You're Here Under Oath, Are You Going To Answer The Questions?' Cruz Grills TikTok Executive:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), onawah (26th October 2021)

34. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

Chinese propaganda

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2022), gord (1st November 2021), Harmony (25th June 2022), Satori (25th June 2022)

36. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

From CNN (and many other blog pages, reported on 15 June):
    China's bank run victims planned to protest. Then their Covid health codes turned red

Liu, a 39-year-old tech worker in Beijing, arrived in the central city of Zhengzhou on Sunday with all the boxes ticked to travel under China's stringent Covid restrictions.

He had tested negative for Covid-19 the day before; his hotel had confirmed he could be checked in; and the health code on his phone app was green -- meaning he had not been exposed to people or places deemed risks and was therefore free to travel.

But when Liu scanned a local QR code to exit the Zhengzhou train station, his health code came back red -- a nightmare for any traveler in China, where freedom of movement is strictly dictated by a color-code system imposed by the government to control the spread of the virus.

Anyone with a red code -- usually assigned to people infected with Covid or deemed by authorities to be at high risk of infection -- immediately becomes persona non grata. They are banned from all public venues and transport, and are often subject to weeks of government quarantine.

That all but derailed plans for Liu, who had come to Zhengzhou, the provincial capital of Henan province, to seek redress from a bank that has frozen his deposits. He had put his life savings -- totaling about 6 million yuan ($890,000) -- into a rural bank in Henan, and since April hasn't been able to withdraw a penny.

Over the past two months, thousands of depositors like Liu have been fighting to recover their savings from at least four rural banks in Henan -- in a case that involves billions of dollars. In late May, hundreds of them traveled to Zhengzhou from across China and staged a protest outside the office of the Henan banking regulator to demand their money back -- to no avail.

Another protest was planned for Monday. But as the depositors arrived in Zhengzhou, they were stunned to find that their health codes -- which were green upon departure -- had turned red, according to six who spoke with CNN and social media posts.

Dozens of depositors were taken into a quarantine hotel guarded by police and local officials, before being sent away on trains bound for their hometowns the next day; others were "quarantined" at several other locations in the city, including a college campus, according to the witnesses and online posts.

Depositors accused Zhengzhou authorities of tampering with the health code system to prevent them from returning to the city -- and thus thwarting their plans to fend for their rights.

"The health code should have been used to prevent the spread of the pandemic, but now it has deviated from its original role and become something like a good citizen certificate," said Qiu, a depositor in eastern Jiangsu province.

Qiu, a teacher, had not been to Henan to protest, but his health code also turned red on Sunday evening after he scanned a QR code from Zhengzhou. He said a fellow depositor had shared a photo of the Zhengzhou QR code on the WeChat messaging app, in an attempt to find out whether depositors outside Henan were also affected.

The red code seems to target only depositors. Qiu used his wife's phone to scan the QR code, and it came back green, he said. "I called the government hotline in Zhengzhou to complain about my red code, and they told me there was some error with the Big Data information database."

37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (25th June 2022), avid (25th June 2022), Gwin Ru (25th June 2022), Harmony (25th June 2022), Jambo (26th June 2022), Nasu (25th June 2022), onawah (25th June 2022), pabranno (25th June 2022), Satori (25th June 2022), Tintin (25th June 2022), TomKat (25th June 2022), Violet3 (25th June 2022), Yoda (25th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast