+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray

Hello Everyone:
    I realize that alot of you don't like yahoo news. I realize alot of you don't like CNBC news. Heck alot of you don't like news because now it's all fake news. BUT I like news and if it can be vetted then I will put it here for all to read and vet yourselves so you don't have to trust anyone including me. All you have to do to check this article out is go online and type into any search engine what you want to check. It's easy and will eliminate any problems with information posted.
    chancy

Link:
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/re...120100722.html

Article
    The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray
    CNBC - John Harwood
    November 29, 2018
    The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray
    The chaotic circle of governance by Trump and the GOP Congress was riddled with fanciful promises, contradictory priorities and presidential provocations that Republicans won't rein in. Voters responded this month by handing the House to Democrats.

Donald Trump's all-GOP government in Washington ends a two-year run as it began, by struggling to govern at all.

The president who vowed to make America great again has rattled financial markets, reduced farm exports and raised manufacturing costs with his tariff policies. As growth slows, he blames the Federal Reserve for raising interest rates and threatens General Motors for closing plants.

The president who promised law and order, having previously fired the FBI director, fired his attorney general over the Justice Department's Trump-Russia investigation. The acting attorney general has been openly hostile to the probe.

The president who insisted Mexico would finance a border wall now wants American taxpayers to pay as a condition of keeping their government open. Congress doesn't intend to build the wall, so the government could shut down next week.

Thus completes the chaotic circle of governance by Trump and the GOP Congress: fanciful promises, contradictory priorities, presidential provocations that Republicans won't rein in. Voters responded this month by handing the House to Democrats.

Obamacare survived. The better, cheaper Republican alternative never existed.

The infrastructure plan Trump promised business and blue-collar supporters has not materialized. GOP congressional leaders prefer to spend on tax cuts.

Republicans delivered tax cuts, but not as advertised. Proceeds profited the wealthy far more than the middle class and ballooned the budget deficit, with no evidence of giving the economy more than a short-term stimulative boost.

Trump's abandonment of the fight against climate change has not revived the coal industry, which keeps closing unprofitable facilities. The president answers his own government's warnings about the climate by saying he doesn't believe them.

Republican congressional leaders want cuts in Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security to shrink government, reduce deficits and relieve pressure for tax hikes. Trump vows to protect those popular benefits.

Tough executive branch oversight, which preoccupied Obama-era Republicans, vanished when their party won the White House. Lawmakers who talked of prosecuting Hillary Clinton skipped past Ivanka Trump's use of personal email for government business.

Unlike Obama, Trump has supplied a steady stream of genuine scandal. Cabinet members and senior presidential aides have departed under ethical clouds, while Trump's former national security advisor and campaign chairman confessed to felonies.

Unprecedented turnover and turmoil hinder White House operations. Trump has filled just over half the administration jobs important enough to require Senate confirmation.

How Republicans attempted to retain power in this fall's elections exposed the chasm between their policies and public sentiment. Most voters believe the GOP tax cut has not made them better off, so Trump promised a new one.

Republicans who earlier favored repeal ran as defenders of a principal Obamacare achievement — guaranteed coverage for people with pre-existing health conditions. Trump accused Democrats, rather than his own party, of threatening Medicare.

On Election Day, Americans issued their verdict. They cast 9 million more votes for Democrats than Republicans in House races, the largest margin in midterm election history.

That produced 40 additional Democratic House seats, far beyond the 23 needed to likely make Nancy Pelosi speaker again. Residents of three conservative states — Idaho, Nebraska and Utah — voted to adopt the Obamacare-authorized Medicaid expansion that state Republican officials had resisted.

All signs suggest the last month of all-Republican control in Washington will resemble the first 23.

A Trump ally blocked Senate legislation to protect the Russia probe menacing the White House. The Senate Republican leader balks at bipartisan criminal justice reforms backed by Trump. The administration wants Congress not to punish Saudi Arabia for murdering a U.S.-resident journalist, as Trump rejects the CIA's conclusion blaming the crown prince his son-in-law has befriended.

A spending deal remains the most urgent challenge. During the last eight years of House Republican control, such deals have required help from minority Democrats since so many in the majority disdain government spending.

If Trump won't temper his border wall funding demands, the government may shut down. A fall-back Republican plan would finance government for just a few weeks, making Pelosi bargain with Trump next year.

"Dump the issue into the lap of the incoming House Democratic majority," said veteran Republican Rep. Tom Cole of Oklahoma. Many more issues, too.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (30th November 2018), Bruno (30th November 2018), Cipher (1st December 2018), Fellow Aspirant (1st December 2018), ichingcarpenter (30th November 2018), MistressJan (1st December 2018), Tintin (4th December 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Default Re: The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray

This is nothing but another one of Yahoo's endless hit pieces on the Trump administration. Do you know the huge thing that Trump has done for me? He has made it crystal clear the the media and our higher education systems are totally bought out to a globalist agenda. He has made it possible for me to see how insane the democratic party is. He has allowed me to see that liberalism and feminism which used to have value have been corrupted into some sort of thought systems that defy reality, common sense and logic. Trump has allowed us to see how really messed up things have gotten. I will always be thankful for that.

Let's face it the whole government is really, really messed up. I used to be a democrat and now I don't even recognize the party. It really scares the crap out of me. I am eternally grateful that Hillary wasn't elected...So thank you Trump!!!!!

4. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Antagenet (1st December 2018), Arcturian108 (30th November 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (30th November 2018), bandix (3rd December 2018), Basho (4th December 2018), Bob (3rd December 2018), Bruno (30th November 2018), ceetee9 (2nd December 2018), David Trd1 (2nd December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (30th November 2018), DNA (2nd December 2018), ExomatrixTV (30th November 2018), Intranuclear (30th November 2018), Ioneo (30th November 2018), Jackson (1st December 2018), Joe (30th November 2018), Matt P (1st December 2018), NancyV (3rd December 2018), Nasu (2nd December 2018), neutronstar (1st December 2018), Sadieblue (1st December 2018), Soda (4th December 2018), TargeT (2nd December 2018), Valerie Villars (1st December 2018), wondering (2nd December 2018), yiolas (1st December 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    This is nothing but another one of Yahoo's endless hit pieces on the Trump administration. Do you know the huge thing that Trump has done for me? He has made it crystal clear the the media and our higher education systems are totally bought out to a globalist agenda. He has made it possible for me to see how insane the democratic party is. He has allowed me to see that liberalism and feminism which used to have value have been corrupted into some sort of thought systems that defy reality, common sense and logic. Trump has allowed us to see how really messed up things have gotten. I will always be thankful for that.

Let's face it the whole government is really, really messed up. I used to be a democrat and now I don't even recognize the party. It really scares the crap out of me. I am eternally grateful that Hillary wasn't elected...So thank you Trump!!!!!

Hello Peterpam:
    Just for the record this is not another "Yahoo's endless hit pieces on the Trump administration." This is an article from CNBC and yahoo is only passing it on just like I am passing it on here.
    chancy

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Basho (4th December 2018), Fellow Aspirant (1st December 2018), Nasu (2nd December 2018), Pam (4th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

It is really a shame Chancy you can't see the bias in this article. Why don't you investigate the troubles in Canada's govt , there is plenty there.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

bandix (3rd December 2018), David Trd1 (2nd December 2018), DNA (1st December 2018), NancyV (3rd December 2018), Nasu (2nd December 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ramus (here)
    It is really a shame Chancy you can't see the bias in this article. Why don't you investigate the troubles in Canada's govt , there is plenty there.
    Hello Ramus:

What bias?
    The usa bombards Canada with it's problems daily! Personally it gets annoying so why not llok at one article to let you have a little of it back....WE are not interested in your problems here in Canada BUT the propaganda keeps coming daily.
    IF your country wouldn't continue to post these articles in Canada you wouldn't even know of them.
    IF you have some pulled tell your news media that Canada is NOT INTERESTED.
    Thanks

As far as Canada is concerned we don't boss you around and we definitely don't break our promises. ( I am being very easy on the truth) Not like the propaganda spewed out by your government and news media on a daily basis to us in Canada.

About Canada's problems we don't bring them into your face daily. In fact, I am sure you don't even hear about Canada unless it's about our handsome prime minister who isn't running the country but having a great 4 year vacation at tax payers expense. IF he is in your media it's for celebrity status. Not for running Canada because he doesn't do that. It would mean actually having to work.....
    You definitely hear about the monarchy ( this is England not Canada but the usa probably doesn't know that! ) since they have been brought into celebrity status by hollywood.
    chancy

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well there's the rub ..... our country doesn't bombard Canada with articles, .... the news media does ...which is owned by bias, agenda drive, private own corporations. If your not interested in our supposed problems then why dwell in them?

IF you would re-read your last post you would see what your real concern is ....

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    As far as Canada is concerned we don't boss you around and we definitely don't break our promises. ( I am being very easy on the truth) Not like the propaganda spewed out by your government and news media on a daily basis to us in Canada.
    About Canada's problems we don't bring them into your face daily. In fact, I am sure you don't even hear about Canada unless it's about our handsome prime minister who isn't running the country but having a great 4 year vacation at tax payers expense.
    Your statements are a classic example of BIAS. Oh by the way it's .. USA... not... usa . I think if you filed for a green card we might let you in even though you're a hater.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd December 2018 at 00:40. Reason: fixed quote formatting

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

DNA (2nd December 2018), NancyV (3rd December 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

I do not understand Ramus, why you attacked Chancy claiming he was biaised and then decided to attack on the basis that he is Canadian. Of course, Chancy answered back.

Personnally, I think the article he presented has legs. It is now a democratic house majority in the US of A. Why shouldn't we look at it? And why shouldn't we look at General Motor closing plants, in the US of A and in Canada, instead of opening new ones.

Why can't we look at what is wrong under the Trump admnistration with a cool head, instead of being accused of biaises? And also look at the right things done? Why not.

Personnally, I think American are too polarised and biaised, on average, to be able to keep a cool head. So while we are at it, why not leave the analysis to Canadians?

How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bruno (3rd December 2018), chancy (2nd December 2018), MistressJan (3rd December 2018), onawah (2nd December 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well there's the rub ..... our country doesn't bombard Canada with articles, .... the news media does ...which is owned by bias, agenda drive, private own corporations. If your not interested in our supposed problems then why dwell in them?

IF you would re-read your last post you would see what your real concern is ....

About Canada's problems we don't bring them into your face daily. In fact, I am sure you don't even hear about Canada unless it's about our handsome prime minister who isn't running the country but having a great 4 year vacation at tax payers expense.
    Your statements are a classic example of BIAS. Oh by the way it's .. USA... not... usa . I think if you filed for a green card we might let you in even though you're a hater.
    Well Ramus: It's pretty hard not to overlook your problems when they effect the world. That includes Canada.
    I know you think you are right BUT you are definitely not interested in "TRUTH"
    I am only interested in "TRUTH"
    You can't even read an article that was well written without getting upset. BUT you are getting upset at the wrong people.
    It's your country that's having all the problems.
    We have our own and that's our prime minister is on a 4 year vacation. He doesn't cause problems because he's rarely in Canada.
    By the way it's not your news media that is always spouting off. It's your government. I know you don't see that because you're used to it. We're mellow here in Canada and think it's annoying.

Why would I need to reread what I posted. It was a very informative article BUT you don't think that way. You believe I am picking on you and your country when that is DEFINITELY NOT THE CASE.
    Hahahah....I won't be filing for a green card even though I am eligible thanks to alot of my relatives homesteading in the usa and owning land in the lower 48.
    You don't have to make jokes about me being a "hater" because that is the farthest thing from the truth. Many of my relatives live in the usa. I have lived in the usa. I don't hate anyone in the usa. BUT I sure don't like what's going on in the usa with T**** and his antics.
    Yes he ripped Canada off with the new nafta deal (usamexicocanada agreement) The tariffs put onto Canada were to come off immediately after the deal was signed. They are still not off and probably won't be for years according to the experts.
    Look at GM they are shutting down a plant here in Canada and taking 14,000 jobs out of the usa. Why aren't you upset at your own car company? I'm not shutting anything down. I'm only giving good honest articles that I pass on.

Just for the record I wouldn't need a green card nor would I want one unlike you think everyone wants to move to the usa.
    I wouldn't. I do spend alot of money in the usa but maybe you want me to spend it somewhere else??

ramus you forgot to capilize your name! Just for the record.

ATTENTION: If project avalon doesn't want me to post good articles that are informative then I won't because that will tell me free speech is gone the way of the Doo Doo Bird. That will be a sad day for everyone where ever you live.
    I make no apology for posting good clean articles BUT as I said I knew the nay sayers are out in droves trying to hide truth.
    Whatever ya'll choose it's been a Great Ride and I love this world where ever I am in it at the time.
    Too bad "truth" is slowly being erroded from all speech!

chancy
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd December 2018 at 00:42. Reason: fixed ramus' quote formatting

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Flash (2nd December 2018), onawah (2nd December 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hiding behind the word truth doesn't work here . You have a problem with Trump that your right. But don't cry when someone else doesn't agree with your shortsightedness. Oh by the way I not upset I'm amused at the lack of depth . Capitalizing my name , what does that reveal about you .... more truth ... ........( re-read this and tell me you don't have a problem :

ATTENTION: If project avalon doesn't want me to post good articles that are informative then I won't because that will tell me free speech is gone the way of the Doo Doo Bird. That will be a sad day for everyone where ever you live.
    I make no apology for posting good clean articles BUT as I said I knew the nay sayers are out in droves trying to hide truth. Whatever ya'll choose it's been a Great Ride and I love this world where ever I am in it at the time.
    Too bad "truth" is slowly being erroded from all speech!).
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd December 2018 at 00:02. Reason: fixed quote formatting

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

...... Imagine all the people living life in peace.... ho-oh

Time will learn.
    So far, I’ve no problem with Trump.

Last edited by Deux Corbeaux; 2nd December 2018 at 17:21. Reason: Honesty

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Baby Steps (2nd December 2018), NancyV (3rd December 2018)

20. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

TRUTH ... NCBC originated the article
    TRUTH ... YAHOO broadcast it
    TRUTH ... Both services are bias liberal - anti Trump supporters
    TRUTH ... The article is not balanced, not one positive word
    TRUTH ... By your own words you don"t like the USA bossing you around
    TRUTH ... We don't bring are problems to your face daily ... the media does turn it off
    TRUTH ... I can't tell the news media what to broadcast
    TRUTH ... You small-cased usa to show your distaste for the country
    TRUTH ... You justified the small case by pointing out my name in small-case
    TRUTH ... No one has interfered with your free speech, you shouldn't mine

I wrote after the Kavanaugh thread I would stay away from the political stuff I'm going to do that now and that's the .... TRUTH
    Last edited by ramus; 2nd December 2018 at 14:06.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hiding behind the word truth doesn't work here . You have a problem with Trump that your right. But don't cry when someone else doesn't agree with your shortsightedness. Oh by the way I not upset I'm amused at the lack of depth . Capitalizing my name , what does that reveal about you .... more truth ... ........( re-read this and tell me you don't have a problem :

I make no apology for posting good clean articles BUT as I said I knew the nay sayers are out in droves trying to hide truth. Whatever ya'll choose it's been a Great Ride and I love this world where ever I am in it at the time.
    Too bad "truth" is slowly being erroded from all speech!).
    ramus: it's interesting you are talking about being biased and not quoting real truth etc.
    Then why did you use my words from ATTENTION: on in your message? In Canada we call that plagiarism. I don't have a problem of you using my words as long as you put quotation marks at the beginning and the end. That way everyone knows they are not your words. Thanks

PS GM announced a 14,000 job loss here's the link:
    https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-37566917.html

23. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Bob (2nd December 2018)

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I wrote after the Kavanaugh thread I would stay away from the political stuff I'm going to do that now and that's the .... TRUTH

That'll probably be appreciated, to be honest. You have more to offer Avalon than trying to show off your political alignments.

Goes for everyone.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bruno (3rd December 2018), PurpleLama (3rd December 2018), ramus (2nd December 2018)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Retief's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm speaking only for myself here but one of the things I treasure about PA is it is relatively free of political poo flinging. If I want to espouse my (strong) political beliefs there are many other places on the internet for me do it. To me this was just a gratuitous hit piece which you had every right to post but why here? What was the point? Trump is bad, ok I get your opinion. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has their mind made up pro or con on that score already. I just don't see the value in posting things along this line.

Edit, just to clarify I don't mean any disrespect to the op or other posters. If the post stated Trump was the second coming I would have the same question. Anyway, have a good night all.
    Last edited by Retief; 3rd December 2018 at 01:43.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Retief For This Post:

Bob (3rd December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (3rd December 2018), Pam (4th December 2018), ramus (2nd December 2018), Satori (3rd December 2018)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,518 times in 32,788 posts

Folks, a brief word.

Yes, it was a hit piece, of course. The media in both the USA and Canada, and in many European countries, is heavily controlled (and contracted!) to feature articles and TV shows that castigate Trump and his administration.

There are too many examples to list. Operation Mockingbird (the CIA's infiltration and control of the media, beginning many decades ago) is very much alive and well.

Of course, it's fine to quote any mainstream article for discussion here. Members often do that, in politics, science, and medicine, where vested interests often rule (and are usually clear to see). It can then be the discussion that's valuable, examining together what's true and what's false, or spun and distorted. (The latter is very often the case.)

Trump and his administration is known to be a hot potato here. It's bound to be. But then, so are many other issues. My request is to go slow, take care with your posts and the words you use, don't say anything to another member that you'd not say to them personally if you were fortunate enough to meet over dinner, a beer or coffee. No bad guys here. (Of any nationality!)

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bandix (3rd December 2018), David Trd1 (3rd December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (3rd December 2018), DNA (3rd December 2018), frodo13 (3rd December 2018), Innocent Warrior (3rd December 2018), Magnus (6th December 2018), NancyV (3rd December 2018), Pam (4th December 2018), ramus (3rd December 2018), Retief (3rd December 2018), Satori (3rd December 2018), Yoda (3rd December 2018)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member MistressJan's Avatar
    Thanks

Are all articles that describe Trump in a negative light considered hit pieces? Not trying to get yelled at or anything, but not everyone supports him or anything about him. Does that make those who don’t support him wrong? Do they not have a voice in this discussion? Are they not worthy of as much respect as those who do support him?

It’s easy to go for the cheap shot or the demeaning response when a differing opinion is presented. It shouldn’t be. Not every article is going to present what some may view as balanced information...nor do they have to. If someone diasgrees, then present evidence of the contrary. It doesn’t have to get personal. “Shortsightedness”...”lack of depth”... provocative words that add nothing to the truth, or lack thereof, of the article presented.

I typically don’t post on subjects relating to trump because of the other reactions I read. I’ll just tell you all that I’m not a supporter. I’ve known about him since the eighties and I’ve never been impressed. That said, I appreciate those who can express their views without denigrating anyone else when they do so. As an empath, I really cannot handle vitriolic comments and sometimes things can get nasty here. I’d love to post more, but at this point I just don’t feel comfortable...at least not on political issues.

Thanks for listening

Jan

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MistressJan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd December 2018), Bob (3rd December 2018), Bruno (3rd December 2018), chancy (4th December 2018), David Trd1 (3rd December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (4th December 2018), ichingcarpenter (3rd December 2018), Satori (3rd December 2018), Sophocles (3rd December 2018)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by MistressJan (here)
    Are all articles that describe Trump in a negative light considered hit pieces?
    No - of course not .

But, as with most well known political figures, some (not all) articles about them will be hit pieces.

Not all of us will agree all the time as to which articles are hit pieces and which are not.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd December 2018), ramus (3rd December 2018), Sophocles (3rd December 2018)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,518 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by MistressJan (here)
    Are all articles that describe Trump in a negative light considered hit pieces?
    No - of course not .

But, as with most well known political figures, some (not all) articles about them will be hit pieces.

Not all of us will agree all the time as to which articles are hit pieces and which are not.
    Right. It's really a question of balanced reporting. (Or not!) There's a difference between quoting measured facts (including well-verified financial and economic data) and using emotionally-weighted words, carefully crafted, that are deliberately intended not to report news, but to influence public opinion.

We have to understand that almost all mainstream media is propaganda. It's not the straight reporting of news as a public service to offer good information to the public... any more than it is, or ever has been, in Russia or China.

That all combines to make an accurate analysis of what's happening in the world pretty difficult for most people. Even alt media sites, and many channels on YouTube, are heavily laden with propaganda.

Including Infowars! Of course. Their justification for their pro-Trump propaganda is to counter the way-off-balance anti-Trump propaganda in the mainstream. That's not a bad argument for their stance, but it still means that accurate, balanced information is hard to come by.

One can say the same for 'Qanon'. That's propaganda, too.

One thing we DO want Avalon to be is a place where propaganda isn't too far off-balance. So threads like this can be valuable — if folks with strong views don't get too heated. I want to know the truth (about everything!) as much as anyone else.

But where do I find it?
    One may have to look everywhere, and under every stone. That means that all stones, large and small, really do need to be available for careful inspection.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (3rd December 2018), Magnus (6th December 2018), ramus (3rd December 2018), Satori (3rd December 2018), Sophocles (3rd December 2018), Yoda (3rd December 2018)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I get that the most mainstream media is propaganda. It's pretty hard at the moment to see all of the fluffy loving crap being written about the deceased George HW Bush for example. One needs to be critical of what one reads. That being said I find it personally frustrating that any attempt to be critical of Trump and his policies immediately gets almost everyone on Project Avalon talking about how unfair the media is to poor old Trump.

I continually feel like I am not allowed to express my dislike of Trump no matter what my argument is.

I don't like the way he talks about and to women.

I don't like the numerous racist and xenophobic comments he has made.

I don't agree with his policies on immigration and trade.

I thought he might at least stop American involvement in military conflict and bring more manufacturing back to the US but I see no evidence of either.

I don't feel sorry Trump.
    I don't think he is playing 4D chess.
    I don't think he is going to save the world from the NWO or even save America.

It would be nice to be able to critically look at what he has said and done. The good and the bad. I must admit I need a little help seeing the good. He is really provocative and gets everyone so riled up it becomes difficult to look at things objectively.

My personal opinion at this point is that is the whole point. Trump is a distraction at best and way to create violent divisions at worst. He was a provocative reality TV star after all. If the new world order was looking for a way to turn America and the Western world to an extent, against its self, against each other, they could have made no better choice then him.

People much smarter and more evil than The Donald are the ones playing 4D chess.

I think we should all be talking about how Trump and the media are creating this polarization. Trump is not a victim. He is playing a role.

I predict the polarization is only going to get worse.

Can't wait to see how my opinion is received here.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

chancy (4th December 2018), ichingcarpenter (3rd December 2018), onawah (4th December 2018), Satori (3rd December 2018)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bruno (here)

I continually feel like I am not allowed to express my dislike of Trump no matter what my argument is.
    Give an argument why you dislike him, it does matter.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandix For This Post:

Bruno (4th December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (4th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast