+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gigantic 'object' spotted towering over Earth from ISS – before NASA live feed is CUT

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,979 times in 781 posts

Default Gigantic 'object' spotted towering over Earth from ISS – before NASA live feed is CUT

This is a very odd video, seems like it was filmed from within the ISS
    I am by no means qualified to determine if tis is CGI, a reflection or indeed an actual object of interest........or even a reflection.

The glowing object – which appears blueish in hue with a white centre – can be seen in the background of NASA’s live feed.

As the camera zooms in, the alarming size of it becomes clearer as it towers over the planet.
    Bright-blue gases surrounding the figure seem to shift and change on the screen, appearing in the background behind the International Space Station.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wei...ive-feed-video

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

etheric underground (8th December 2018), Nasu (8th December 2018), Sadieblue (8th December 2018), Spellbound (8th December 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Default Re: Gigantic 'object' spotted towering over Earth from ISS – before NASA live feed is CUT

Could be a sprite? hmmm ... maybe not, sprites are pretty instant I think - more like a flash ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Nasu (8th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Default Re: Gigantic 'object' spotted towering over Earth from ISS – before NASA live feed is CUT

Nice find. Every now and then something gets transmitted from the ISS and then the feed is cut when someone wakes up...lol.

Dave - Toronto

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

bennycog (8th December 2018), Nasu (8th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

It's been pointed out to me that this could be the aurora borealis (which could make some sense).

Dave - Toronto

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th December 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

I'm trying to find the original YouTube video, so far without success (though I've not tried very hard). The Daily Star one (below) was a shaky, blurry video OF a YouTube video, captured with a phone.

The problem is that the video that this is a video OF (the original live feed?) is stopped... at "-2:07:40". It stays at that time. Look very carefully. You can also see that it's a still shot since the cloud layers aren't moving below the ISS, as of course they should.

That suggests that it's a reflection, maybe a brief one, not something 'out there'. I may be wrong, but I'd like to see the original feed that shows the blue object in focus, with the ISS clearly moving on its orbit with the cloud payers passing by below in real time.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th December 2018 at 04:27.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bennycog (8th December 2018), Bob (8th December 2018), cuitlahuac (8th December 2018), Spellbound (8th December 2018), Star Tsar (8th December 2018), Tintin (8th December 2018), Yetti (8th December 2018), Yoda (8th December 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

I was sent this to post:

~~~
    The supposed UFO in the video is most certainly a reflection. You can see a similar reflection in this other video from 2015. The reflection is in the same position and it intensifies as the ISS approaches darkness. The reflection is more intense at 7:37 minutes:

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (8th December 2018), Bob (8th December 2018), CurEus (13th December 2018), DeDukshyn (12th December 2018), mountain_jim (9th December 2018), Star Tsar (8th December 2018), Tintin (8th December 2018), Words of Joy (8th December 2018), Yoda (8th December 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Yes Bill & I'd say to futher your point that the reflection is ever present on the HDEV cameras!

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th December 2018), Victoria (19th January 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

To CurEus and others above: No need to scratch your heads over whether it is real or not, just find Youtube.com/John Walson/astronomer who has taken many shots showing SPACESHIPS of all types and sizes orbiting Earth, using his specially concocted earth telescope. As to what was caught on camera here looks as though it could be a very thick Boomerang shaped ship, or a thick rectangle with back section fading out. His video is commentated by the creator of the video "Moon Rising" who first did a major work on what is really on the moon as seen from Earth through his specially arranged telescope. NASSA is full of it!

+ Reply to Thread