+ Reply to Thread

Thread: California now the least educated state; dead last in high school graduates

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default California now the least educated state; dead last in high school graduates

Census data reveals some interesting information regarding education in the United States.

Quote Least-Educated State: California No. 1 in Percentage of Residents 25 and Older Who Never Finished 9th Grade; No. 50 in High School Graduates

By Terence P. Jeffrey | December 19, 2018 | 12:49 PM EST

(CNSNews.com) - California ranks No. 1 among the 50 states for the percentage of its residents 25 and older who have never completed ninth grade and 50th for the percentage who have graduated from high school, according to new data from the Census Bureau.

Texas ranks No. 2 for the percentage of its residents 25 and older who have never completed ninth grade and 49th for the percentage who have graduated from high school.

9.7 percent of California residents 25 and older, the Census Bureau says, never completed ninth grade. Only 82.5 percent graduated from high school.

8.7 percent of Texas residents 25 and older never completed ninth grade, and only 82.8 percent graduated from high school.
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...sidents-25-and

I wonder what Texas and California have in common? Their politics are polar opposites. So what might the common factor here be?.....

Wyoming, Montana, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Alaska have the least drop-outs. Again, politics is not the commonality here. So what is the explanation then?

Meanwhile Alabama and West Virginia tie for 18th in numbers of high school drop-outs. West Virginia, the butt of endless hillbilly jokes, is only about half as illiterate as California.

Any guesses what might explain this? Anyone? This data is from 2003 but the distribution pattern holds up over time.

Most illiterate states:

1) California, 23% illiterate
    2) New York, 22% illiterate
    3) Florida, 20% illiterate
    4) Texas, 19% illiterate

I'll venture a guess: immigration..

California, New York, Florida, and Texas are all full of immigrants who don't speak English, a basic life skill needed to live in the United States.

2. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 times in 262 posts

Default Re: California now the least educated state; dead last in high school graduates

this world is full of people finished their schools

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 times in 309 posts

Default Re: California now the least educated state; dead last in high school graduates

I find in funny that both California And New York Think of themselves as more sophisticated than Texas.. Yet more people in Texas can read..
    When living in a country with free thought, you'll find many do not feel the need to think.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DouglasDanger For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (20th December 2018), Bruno (20th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Second image here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (20th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DouglasDanger (here)
    I find in funny that both California And New York Think of themselves as more sophisticated than Texas.. Yet more people in Texas can read..
    Liberal smugness aside, the problem revealed by data goes back to illegal immigration. The states with the most illegal immigrants are the least educated and most illiterate. That's why California and Texas both top the list despite having completely opposite politics.

There is no correlation between politics and education in this data. Only between illegal immigration and illiteracy/lack of education.

It's not really surprising, but to go back to the smugness of liberals, virtue signaling seems to shut down all other brain functions. Critical thinking in regards to immigration seems impossible for them. They are only capable of signaling how virtuous they are by how far they are willing to force America's legs open to the rest of the world. They have no idea how they look to everyone outside of their cult, including those taking advantage of their policies to come here.

Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    Second image here
    Thanks. Here it is:

These are the ten states with the highest numbers of illegal foreign invaders, invited by the traitorous left's open border policies as they continue their obsession with deconstructing the west on every level.

The top uneducated/illiterate states (California, New York, Texas, Florida) are all represented here. Again, politics isn't the commonality. The invaders are.

8. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Are you suggesting that immigrants come to America to for education for their children, because they obviously didn't get the education they needed in their own country, or didn't have access or couldn't afford it? Thanks for pointing out the rather obvious Sherlock.

Those states also have the highest (by a long shot) populations of LEGAL immigrants -- oh I mean "foreign invaders" ... sorry, I used a "liberal" term there
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Forest Denizen (21st December 2018)

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Are you suggesting that immigrants come to America to for education for their children, because they obviously didn't get the education they needed in their own country, or didn't have access or couldn't afford it?
    No. This is data regarding adults aged 25 years old and older. These are people who are ineligible for public education in the United States, we do not know how many have any children (not that they'd be entitled to taxpayer-funded education anyway; they have no right to our money), and they are likely too poor to afford adult education either. But they are in our societies nonetheless, in totally unregulated numbers, until they are deported.

Quote Those states also have the highest (by a long shot) populations of LEGAL immigrants
    Legal immigrants ultimately have to pass citizenship tests if they want to be allowed the privilege of staying in our country. That's how it's done in every civilized country. If they remain ignorant of our history and laws, they get sent home.

Still a proponent of the magic dirt theory, eh? Everything about America is terrible and evil and racist, yet when third worlders show up the dirt just somehow magically makes them better off. That's weird isn't it?

It couldn't possibly be because we are actually a nation of laws, let alone evil capitalism. No, it's pure magic.

I also like the leftist explanation that the United States is so wealthy because we oppress everyone else. Yes, we are so oppressive, that people all over the world risk their lives to come here. The anti-West victimhood narrative is so logical.
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 21st December 2018 at 00:34.

11. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by dim (here)
    What does this mean....??

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st December 2018), DeDukshyn (21st December 2018), justntime2learn (21st December 2018), ramus (28th December 2018), Yoda (21st December 2018)

13. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Are you suggesting that immigrants come to America to for education for their children, because they obviously didn't get the education they needed in their own country, or didn't have access or couldn't afford it?
    No. This is data regarding adults aged 25 years old and older. These are people who are ineligible for public education in the United States, we do not know how many have any children (not that they'd be entitled to taxpayer-funded education anyway; they have no right to our money), and they are likely too poor to afford adult education either. But they are in our societies nonetheless, in totally unregulated numbers, until they are deported.
    "25 and older", "ineligible for education" are somewhat irrelevant to the perspective I presented.People "25 and older" is the right age to have children. Children born of illegals are Americans and they get basic rights like free education. Re-reading, I see now how you misunderstood my post - its totally ambiguous in that regard - I usually write more clear than that ...

Quote Those states also have the highest (by a long shot) populations of LEGAL immigrants
    Legal immigrants ultimately have to pass citizenship tests if they want to be allowed the privilege of staying in our country. That's how it's done in every civilized country. If they remain ignorant of our history and laws, they get sent home.
    Well we are talking about education here, is grade 12 education a requirement to be an immigrant or refugee? Not being facetious here, I really don't know - never had to.

Still a proponent of the magic dirt theory, eh? Everything about America is terrible and evil and racist, yet when third worlders show up the dirt just somehow magically makes them better off. That's weird isn't it?

It couldn't possibly be because we are actually a nation of laws, let alone evil capitalism. No, it's pure magic.
    So, you are basically saying you believe immigrants come to America because they believe it is terrible, evil, and racist, but they want to come here anyway, and that I, personally believe that magic dirt will make them better? I agree with you here, that is incredibly weird. You're taking a bit of a "liberal" stance with the charges, aren't you?

I also like the leftist explanation that the United States is so wealthy because we oppress everyone else.
    I don't follow American news or realtime politics much, I had no idea that the left claimed that was how America is so wealthy. I guess "oppression" may need to be more clearly defined here so examples can be evaluated.

Yes, we are so oppressive, that people all over the world risk their lives to come here. The anti-West victim hood narrative is so logical.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 21st December 2018 at 01:43.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (21st December 2018)

15. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 times in 262 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by dim (here)
    What does this mean....??
    Education doesn't mean betterment necessarily. We are living in a more or less educated western or westernized world where things being better is debatable.
    Let alone that education as it is, it's only purpose is to kill creativity and create commerce slaves.

16. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

"25 and older", "ineligible for education" are somewhat irrelevant to the perspective I presented.People "25 and older" is the right age to have children. Children born of illegals are Americans and they get basic rights like free education. Re-reading, I see now how you misunderstood my post - its totally ambiguous in that regard - I usually write more clear than that ...
    The article above is about adults and has nothing to do with children or what the "right age to have children" is. I still don't see the relevance. I've never heard the argument that all those illegals are busting in just to send their kids to school. US public education today sucks anyway.

Quote I don't follow American news or realtime politics much, I had no idea that the left claimed that was how America is so wealthy. I guess "oppression" may need to be more clearly defined here so examples can be evaluated.
    If more people were more familiar with what the radical left truly believes and teaches to our kids today in universities, we'd have been talking about military tribunals years earlier. Marx's Communist Manifesto is the most-often assigned "economic" reading in US universities today, just to give you an idea.

Marx was reasonable compared to the people who came out of the Frankfurt School, though. They wanted to deconstruct everything, including ideas of biological gender. Sound familiar? Most people have no idea about any of this stuff unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread