+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: California Women's March cancelled because too many white people

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default California Women's March cancelled because too many white people

Yep, you read that right. Welcome to 2019!

This is from a local ABC affiliate in California, KRCR.

Quote Organizers cancel Women's March Jan. 19 due to 'overwhelmingly white' participants

EUREKA, Calif. — The organizers of the annual Women's March have decided not to hold a rally in Eureka on Jan. 19, as previously planned, because they say participants do not represent the diversity of the area.

"This decision was made after many conversations between local social-change organizers and supporters of the march," organizers said in a press release.

They said organizers will continue to meet and discuss how to broaden representation to create an event that represents Humboldt County.

"Up to this point, the participants have been overwhelmingly white, lacking representation from several perspectives in our community," the press release went on to say. "Instead of pushing forward with crucial voices absent, the organizing team will take time for more outreach. Our goal is that planning will continue and we will be successful in creating an event that will build power and community engagement through connection between women that seek to improve the lives of all in our community."

The group said it is exploring holding an event in March to celebrate International Women’s Day. Anyone interested in helping organize these events are welcome and encouraged to attend.

The Eureka Women's March organizing committee encourages local supporters to attend the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration in Eureka on Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
    https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/...e-participants

I don't know how the would-be protestors feel about this, but I'm not going to complain. If these people can't even organize a protest without self-destructing into fragmented groups, then they obviously have no business trying to organize anything else in our society, let alone forcing their insane ideologies on the entire country.

2. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Default Re: California Women's March cancelled because too many white people

The only thing that would have been better is if they called it off because only white men signed up.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (30th December 2018), Daniel Duxfield (30th December 2018), DNA (30th December 2018), lake (29th December 2018), wondering (29th December 2018)

4. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

It's not unreasonable that they wanted and were hoping for a representation within the areas cultural diversity - there is nothing wrong with that at all and it certainly is a good goal to achieve.

Now the problem ... imagine if the "overwhelming majority" respondents were mostly a different group, say blacks, and the cancelled the event due to "too many blacks attending" ... that would go over well wouldn't it?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

angelfire (29th December 2018), DNA (30th December 2018), Forest Denizen (30th December 2018), Hazelfern (30th December 2018), justntime2learn (29th December 2018), lake (29th December 2018), raregem (29th December 2018), seko (30th December 2018), Tam (30th December 2018), Valerie Villars (30th December 2018), yelik (30th December 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Now the problem ... imagine if the "overwhelming majority" respondents were mostly a different group, say blacks, and the cancelled the event due to "too many blacks attending" ... that would go over well wouldn't it?
    You can't apply laws differently to white people just because of all of this "historical oppression" ideological nonsense. Either there is equal protection against discrimination under the law, or there isn't. You can't have two sets of law depending on what race someone is.

That will be the logical conclusion of this kind of racial thinking. Brown vs. Board of Education will be struck down and segregation will be legalized again, if minorities really want to be able to segregate themselves from white people. Apparently you think this is commendable. Well, alright then.

We're just one court case away, and as long as discrimination against whites continues like this, it won't be long before such a case appears before the courts.

7. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)

You can't apply laws differently to white people just because of all of this "historical oppression" ideological nonsense
    . Either there is equal protection against discrimination under the law, or there isn't. You can't have two sets of law depending on what race someone is.

That will be the logical conclusion of this kind of racial thinking. Brown vs. Board of Education will be struck down and segregation will be legalized again, if minorities really want to be able to segregate themselves from white people. Apparently you think this is commendable. Well, alright then.

We're just one court case away, and as long as discrimination against whites continues like this, it won't be long before such a case appears before the courts.
    Sorry, what do "I" think is commendable, and why do you think that about me? Did you even read my post or are you just babbling random nonsense?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

DNA (30th December 2018), Hazelfern (30th December 2018), onawah (30th December 2018)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Sorry, what do "I" think is commendable, and why do you think that about me?
    This:

Quote It's not unreasonable that they wanted and were hoping for a representation within the areas cultural diversity - there is nothing wrong with that at all and it certainly is a good goal to achieve.
    You literally just posted that.

So why do you think racial segregation is a good goal? My ears are open.

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

Thanks for posting, Voice from the Mountains

Self-loathing white people, consumed by guilt, shame and negativity....what a diseased energetic.
    Unfortunately, this anti-white meme is circulated by the media and flogged in Hollywood's movies. The outcome is that white folk believe they are inherently evil. Traditionally white folk have challenged paradigms with social movements: Abolitionists. Suffragettes, Gay Rights, Civil Rights...
    When we still discriminate and think in terms of race and colour, we are in trouble. it's all b.s...and doesn't help reduce violence or promote respect for the earth and other life forms.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (30th December 2018), Chip (30th December 2018), Valerie Villars (30th December 2018)

12. Link to Post #8
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 348 posts

Yep, you read that right. Welcome to 2019!

This is from a local ABC affiliate in California, KRCR.

Quote Organizers cancel Women's March Jan. 19 due to 'overwhelmingly white' participants

EUREKA, Calif. — The organizers of the annual Women's March have decided not to hold a rally in Eureka on Jan. 19, as previously planned, because they say participants do not represent the diversity of the area.

"This decision was made after many conversations between local social-change organizers and supporters of the march," organizers said in a press release.

They said organizers will continue to meet and discuss how to broaden representation to create an event that represents Humboldt County.

"Up to this point, the participants have been overwhelmingly white, lacking representation from several perspectives in our community," the press release went on to say. "Instead of pushing forward with crucial voices absent, the organizing team will take time for more outreach. Our goal is that planning will continue and we will be successful in creating an event that will build power and community engagement through connection between women that seek to improve the lives of all in our community."

The group said it is exploring holding an event in March to celebrate International Women’s Day. Anyone interested in helping organize these events are welcome and encouraged to attend.

The Eureka Women's March organizing committee encourages local supporters to attend the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration in Eureka on Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
    https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/...e-participants

I don't know how the would-be protestors feel about this, but I'm not going to complain. If these people can't even organize a protest without self-destructing into fragmented groups, then they obviously have no business trying to organize anything else in our society, let alone forcing their insane ideologies on the entire country.
    Yes, Humbolt needs all to step forward. A fragmented society. Have you actually stepped foot in the land? I doubt it. Who are you but a pot stirrer. If Bill insists that you be here than on him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

DeDukshyn (31st December 2018)

14. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sorry, what do "I" think is commendable, and why do you think that about me?
    This:

Quote It's not unreasonable that they wanted and were hoping for a representation within the areas cultural diversity - there is nothing wrong with that at all and it certainly is a good goal to achieve.
    You literally just posted that.

So why do you think racial segregation is a good goal? My ears are open.
    I never said segregation was a goal?! Where the eff did I say that?!
    What? So having a representation of cultural diversity would equate to "segregation" to you? How the heck does that make sense?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

onawah (30th December 2018)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hazelfern (here)
    Who are you but a pot stirrer.
    If reporting on events that seem to embarrass you makes me a pot stirrer, then I guess the local ABC news affiliate in California is just a pot stirrer too.

It's disturbing to me that people would actually consciously want to censor news like this or shoot the messenger. It's a very dark path to be going down, for what's reported above to become socially acceptable. At some point the cult mentality such as what is behind this cancelled march needs to realize that they aren't the "good guys" for pushing this stuff.

I never said segregation was a goal?! Where the eff did I say that?!
    What? So having a representation of cultural diversity would equate to "segregation" to you? How the heck does that make sense?
    That's exactly what it says in the article itself, in case you didn't read it. It says that the people who were going to be participate in the march were "overwhelmingly white" so they didn't want to be around them. And you said that's a good goal.

Are you only just now realizing how racist identity politics is or something? And you've been supporting these kinds of ideas for how long now?

17. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

First off, i read the article. And I then remarked a call to imagine how it would play out if it were cancelled because there were too many blacks (the third post on this thread) ... then you got really weird and incoherent again, putting words in my mouth and accusing me of your fantasy BS again. Seriously man, how old are you? Because you quite often act like a child bully in the schoolyard, making up lies and putting them in other peoples' mouths ... trying to start sh** with everyone except your close posse; the last few interactions you've had with me make that very obviously clear that you do this. I suspect i'm by far not your only target of these tactics here on Avalon.

It says that the people who were going to be participate in the march were "overwhelmingly white" so they didn't want to be around them.
    Who doesn't want to be around who? And where in the article does it state anything like that? That's just your politically biased opinion that you are trying to pass off as a "fact" that was written in the article. Maybe people get pissed off that you put down an article, rub your biased opinions all over some interpretation of it, than try to pass it off as "fact" from the article you posted. That's weak.

Are you only just now realizing how racist identity politics is or something?
    My very first comment that you attacked here, the third comment from the top, show that I clearly do know. So all this while I am baffled by your incredible bias against my posts even when I am supporting your point of view. Can't get less objective than that, but then again extremely politically biased people tend to hate objectivity.

You have no credibility at all anymore with me, despite me actually trying to understand you. But there is nothing to understand with your tactics ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 30th December 2018 at 20:41.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (31st December 2018), greybeard (30th December 2018), Hazelfern (31st December 2018), ichingcarpenter (31st December 2018), onawah (31st December 2018), PurpleLama (30th December 2018), raregem (30th December 2018)

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

First off, i read the article. And I then remarked a call to imagine how it would play out if it were cancelled because there were too many blacks (the third post on this thread)
    I saw that, but you apparently haven't thought out the answer to your question, because you still hold the double-standard where it's okay to segregate white people out, but not okay to segregate black people out. Right?

This ideology you and people who think like you are clinging to is an emotional religion. It has nothing to do with actual logic or reasoning anymore. You are just going with what society tells you to think, unquestioningly, and repeating the exact same things you pretend to be rectifying from the past.

It says that the people who were going to be participate in the march were "overwhelmingly white" so they didn't want to be around them.
    Who doesn't want to be around who?
    Again, you think it's acceptable that the organizers of this march didn't want to be around white people, just because they're white?

Quote You have no credibility at all anymore with me, despite me actually trying to understand you. But there is nothing to understand with your tactics ...
    The feeling is mutual, trust me. You are trapped in a cult mentality and are still too asleep to realize how nuts all of this is. What shocks me even more is how otherwise level-headed people are actually thanking your posts.

Not surprisingly I guess, opinions like yours seem to be coming primarily out of countries where whites are already quickly becoming minorities. So at least I won't have to argue with you guys much more before I stop understanding you, because I don't speak Arabic.

20. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

First off, i read the article. And I then remarked a call to imagine how it would play out if it were cancelled because there were too many blacks (the third post on this thread)
    I saw that, but you apparently haven't thought out the answer to your question, because you still hold the double-standard where it's okay to segregate white people out, but not okay to segregate black people out. Right?
    Riiiiight .....

I have to sincerely apologize ... I didn't recognize the, now so obvious, disability here. You are one "special" case if that's how you interpreted my post. Your abilities to actual read what is written, as it is written, is severely handicapped and you make that apparent more-so with each subsequent post.

.. and I think the thanks to my posts by respected, level headed, and intelligent members, indicates that buddy -- you are just not getting it ... at all. You are ****ing blind due to your own projections onto others. You don't see people, or reality ... all you see is what you project, and even when that projection is 100% diametrically opposed to reality, you quickly brush reality aside to focus on your own projections that you apply to others.

Let this thread, and the one I previously interacted with you in, be permanent examples of this.

(now kids, this is what happens when your bias becomes so strong that it replaces your actual experiences, be smart, don't let that happen to you)
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 31st December 2018 at 20:25.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (31st December 2018), Hazelfern (31st December 2018), ichingcarpenter (31st December 2018), onawah (31st December 2018), Orph (31st December 2018), PurpleLama (31st December 2018), RunningDeer (31st December 2018)

22. Link to Post #14
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

This ideology you and people who think like you are clinging to is an emotional religion. It has nothing to do with actual logic or reasoning anymore. You are just going with what society tells you to think, unquestioningly, and repeating the exact same things you pretend to be rectifying from the past.

Again, you think it's acceptable that the organizers of this march didn't want to be around white people, just because they're white?

Quote You have no credibility at all anymore with me, despite me actually trying to understand you. But there is nothing to understand with your tactics ...
    The feeling is mutual, trust me. You are trapped in a cult mentality and are still too asleep to realize how nuts all of this is. What shocks me even more is how otherwise level-headed people are actually thanking your posts.

Not surprisingly I guess, opinions like yours seem to be coming primarily out of countries where whites are already quickly becoming minorities. So at least I won't have to argue with you guys much more before I stop understanding you, because I don't speak Arabic.
    I am actually pretty shocked at how badly you're misreading Mike's posts in this thread. His initial statement was (obviously) ironic, but you took it literally and became triggered by that and every subsequent statement he has made in this thread. Such an impasse ought to be easily avoidable on a forum such as this.

23. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)

I am actually pretty shocked at how badly you're misreading Mike's posts in this thread. His initial statement was (obviously) ironic, but you took it literally and became triggered by that and every subsequent statement he has made in this thread. Such an impasse ought to be easily avoidable on a forum such as this.
    I've been shocked this whole time at how badly someones pre-conceived politically biased projections onto others can be so incredibly blinding to the obvious reality of actual reality. My mind is sincerely blown. I seriously am starting to actually believe there may be a real handicap here, besides the obvious one of "right wing nut job"

This isn't the first, ... or second, or third time hes has done this with me, it's a behavior and not a misunderstanding. I can post links to many of these incidences, both with myself and with other members.

If you look back at so many of his posts, it's about par for the course. I just happened to make a point of it here because frankly I'm getting sick of it. Not just myself but for other members who he treats this way after he projects his biased BS onto them than attacks and insults what he projected onto them. There is a very long and very clear history of this.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 31st December 2018 at 20:57.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (31st December 2018), Hazelfern (31st December 2018), ichingcarpenter (31st December 2018), onawah (31st December 2018), PurpleLama (31st December 2018), RunningDeer (31st December 2018)

25. Link to Post #16
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 348 posts

How to avoid an obvious perturber? Turn the page and ignore. He incites and inflames for the sheer joy of doing so.

Now it's time to take my own advice.

Duke
    Last edited by Hazelfern; 31st December 2018 at 21:10.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

DeDukshyn (31st December 2018), onawah (31st December 2018), RunningDeer (31st December 2018)

27. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hazelfern (here)

How to avoid an obvious perturber? Turn the page and ignore. He incites and inflames for the sheer joy of doing so.

Now it's time to take my own advice.

Duke
    Nah, I think I will follow him around and call him out on every instance he acts like this. More fun that way ...

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (31st December 2018), Flash (31st December 2018), Hazelfern (31st December 2018), onawah (31st December 2018), RunningDeer (31st December 2018)

29. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

I appreciate reading these comments. I requested three of my posts be removed from Chris’s thread: “When men were men & women were feminine”. A Voice from the Mountains totally gaslighted every one of them to the point that they appeared out of place on the thread.

A Voice from the Mountains no doubt you'll tear this post apart line by line. Note: I will not respond.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 31st December 2018 at 22:40.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bob (31st December 2018), DeDukshyn (31st December 2018), Flash (31st December 2018), Franny (31st December 2018), Hazelfern (31st December 2018), onawah (31st December 2018)

31. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    I appreciate reading these comments. I requested three of my posts be removed from Chris’s thread: “When men were men & women were feminine”. A Voice from the Mountains totally gaslighted every one of them to the point that they appeared out of place on the thread.

A Voice from the Mountains no doubt you'll tear this post apart line by line. Note: I won't be responding to it.
    I am not responding to him anymore, anywhere either for the same reasons. I also found something that may help him reflect and sent him by pm to receive a non reflexive showing lack of understanding answer

Conclusion: I am done, no more reading his posts or answering.

He reads a lot, has lots of info, but the real hard UBBIAISED critical thinking is definitly lacking and replace with gaslighting when we are not of his opinion (helped by some).

My observations.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DeDukshyn (31st December 2018), Hazelfern (31st December 2018), onawah (31st December 2018), RunningDeer (31st December 2018)

33. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,093 times in 20,639 posts

Wouldn't it be interesting if we could assign the narcissists on Avalon to one thread, where they had to duke it out and gaslight each other?

Also see this very useful and enlightening thread: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ght=narcissism
    Last edited by onawah; 31st December 2018 at 23:37.
    Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DeDukshyn (31st December 2018), Franny (31st December 2018), Hazelfern (31st December 2018), RunningDeer (31st December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast