+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Europe wants to mine the moon by 2025

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Default Europe wants to mine the moon by 2025

Here is the public realm next step in the space colonization by humanity. The international space station is scheduled to be shutdown in 2024, although I expect it to be extended, but going along with this official timeline, the European space agency plans a moon colony to be up and running by 2025.

For artifacts that the ssp doesn't want anyone to see, I assume that those structures will be 'cloaked' in some manner. For more details on moon structures see Sgt Wolfe's testimony on structures on the dark side of the moon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4hycqDNnPE

Anyway, here's the latest on the pending ESA Moon colony:

Plans for a European base on the moon have taken a major step forward.

The European Space Agency revealed it has signed up rocket maker ArianeGroup to develop plans for a moon base that could be used to mine material from the lunar surface.

The project will 'examine the possibility of going to the Moon before 2025 and starting to work there' - and could trigger a new space race as countries rush to harness lunar resources.

The project will 'examine the possibility of going to the Moon before 2025 and starting to work there' - and could trigger a new space race as countries rush to harness lunar resources.

The one-year contract aims to eventually mine regolith on the lunar surface.

'As ESA and other agencies prepare to send humans back to the Moon – this time to stay – technologies that make use of materials available in space (in-situ resource utilisation) are seen as key to sustainability, and a stepping stone in humankind's adventure to Mars and farther into the Solar System,' the space agency said.

'In the longer term, resources in space may even be used on Earth.'

'Regolith is an ore from which it is possible to extract water and oxygen, thus enabling an independent human presence on the Moon to be envisaged, capable of producing the fuel needed for more distant exploratory missions, ESA says.

'The use of space resources could be a key to sustainable lunar exploration and this study is part of ESA's comprehensive plan to make Europe a partner in global exploration in the next decade - a plan we will put to our Ministers for decision later this year at the Space19+ Conference.' added Dr. David Parker; Director, Human and Robotic Exploration at ESA.

The mission will pit Europe against the US, Russia and China, all of whom are developing moon missions.

Last year NASA revealed plans to take America back to the moon - but will rely on private firms to run the missions.

The space agency plans to work with nine private firms, ranging from small startups to giants like Lockheed Martin, to develop robotic landers and systems to mine the natural resources on the moon.

This will help develop the technology need for eventual manned missions, and NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine pledged to have a manned lunar base within a decade.

Ariane is hoping Ariane 64, the 4-booster version of Ariane 6, would enable this European mission to carry the equipment needed for a Moon landing.

It is also working with a German start-up, PTScientists, which will provide the lunar lander, and a Belgian SME, Space Applications Services, which will provide the ground control facilities, the communications and the associated service operations.

In 2016, the head of the ESA elaborated on plans to build a village on the moon, designed by London firm Foster + Partners.

'The future of space travel needs a new vision,' said Jan Woerner.

The concept is a base for lunar exploration by humans and robots, which would act as a stopover for spacecraft, and become a 'village' with mining and even tourism.

'Right now we have the Space Station as a common international project, but it won't last forever,' said Woerner.

'If I say Moon Village, it does not mean single houses, a church, a town hall and so on. No, that would be misleading.

'My idea only deals with the core of the concept of a village: people working and living together in the same place.

'And this place would be on the moon.

'In the Moon Village we would like to combine the capabilities of different spacefaring nations, with the help of robots and astronauts.

Structures for a lunar base could be built by robots sent ahead of human astronauts. Experts said 3D printing technology can currently construct an entire building in around a week. 'The participants can work in different fields, perhaps they will conduct pure science and perhaps there will even be business ventures like mining or tourism.'

Woerner said the village could even help man get to Mars.

'The Moon Village would also act as a 'pit stop' for the further exploration of the Universe,' he said.

'Esa is eager to fly to Mars as well.'

For ESA's 3D-printed lunar base concept, Foster+Partners devised a weight-bearing ‘catenary’ dome design with a cellular structured wall to shield against micrometeoroids and space radiation, incorporating a pressurised inflatable to shelter astronauts.

'For more than a decade, we have had a very successful spacecraft orbiting there. And now, with ExoMars, two unmanned missions are aiming at martian orbit and the surface.

'Yes, the Americans want to send astronauts to Mars one day, but today's technology isn't prepared for this trip yet.

'For example, we must develop countermeasures against the cosmic radiation that endangers the health of humans on long space trips. And we have to learn how to endure longer periods of time in space, not only in low orbit as on the Space Station.

'This is where our Moon comes into play – it is the perfect stepping stone to Mars.'

The space agency has been touting the permanent lunar colony as a replacement for the orbiting International Space Station, which is due to be decommissioned in 2024

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...pace-race.html

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

eagle0027 (22nd January 2019), justntime2learn (22nd January 2019), Lunesoleil (28th November 2020), Sunny-side-up (22nd January 2019), toppy (22nd January 2019), Tyy1907 (24th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Europe wants to mine the moon by 2025

Is that all we can offer as a reason ?
    Spend billions for what ? Dust? Moonshine?

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

It will get more interesting soon ....as there is no way any country can go there ongoing using the same process as appollo.
    Rocket fuel nor traditional type rockets would not be a cost effective way so they will have to leak antigravity spaceflight very soon.
    As for robotic mining that has been going on here for many years ..just a matter of adapting it.
    Or....are they already mining there using advanced space flight ?????I would not doubt it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle0027 For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (22nd January 2019)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

The commercial possibilities on the moon are extensive. Firstly, mining could be a bonanza. The reason they mention regolith is that it's the surface layer. Here's an analysis:

'Ilmenite minerals also trap solar wind hydrogen very well, so that processing of ilmenite will also produce hydrogen, a rare element on the Moon. Ilmenite was found in significant quantities on the surface of two of the five Apollo lowland sites.'

https://www.permanent.com/lunar-geology-minerals.html

Wikipedia definition:

' Ilmenite, also known as manaccanite, is a titanium-iron oxide mineral with the idealized formula FeTiO. 3. . It is a weakly magnetic black or steel-gray solid. From a commercial perspective, ilmenite is the most important ore of titanium.'

Until they get boots, or bots, on the ground, they won't be able to do serious prospecting for minerals. Another element rarely found on Earth but was found in moon soil samples is helium 3:

' In 1985, young engineers at the University of Wisconsin discovered that lunar soil contained significant quantities of a remarkable form of helium. Known as helium-3, it is a lightweight isotope of the familiar gas that fills birthday balloons.

Small quantities of helium-3 previously discovered on Earth intrigued the scientific community. The unique atomic structure of helium-3 promised to make it possible to use it as fuel for nuclear fusion, the process that powers the sun, to generate vast amounts of electrical power without creating the troublesome radioactive byproducts produced in conventional nuclear reactors. Extracting helium-3 from the moon and returning it to Earth would, of course, be difficult, but the potential rewards would be staggering for those who embarked upon this venture. Helium-3 could help free the United States--and the world--from dependence on fossil fuels.'

https://www.popularmechanics.com/spa.../a235/1283056/

I have heard of plans to put huge solar farms on the moon to harvest electricity to be beamed back to Earth. Light gravity manufacturing could also be a boon. In addition space tourism would likely thrive.

So, there is quite a lot of potential for colonizing the moon. I would imagine it would be a moneymaker eventually, that's why all of these countries want to stake a claim.
    Last edited by Justplain; 22nd January 2019 at 21:16.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,122 times in 3,951 posts

Just wondering.

How much reduction of mined material from the Moon would it take to start making the Moons orbit change?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bob (24th January 2019), Spellbound (23rd January 2019)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Just wondering.

How much reduction of mined material from the Moon would it take to start making the Moons orbit change?
    Sunny-side, The moon's mass is 7.35 x 10 to the power of 22 kg, about 1.2 percent of Earth's mass. Put another way, Earth weighs 81 times more than the moon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.spa...-the-moon.html

The annual Earth production of iron ore is 2,280,000 kilograms ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_ore ).
    Therefore, extraction of the annual earth consumption of iron ore volumes from the Moon would take @3.22 * 10 the power of 16 years. So, it looks like the moon could withstand a lot of mining before its mass reduction would be a serious concern. If it was a concern, then just look to Mars or the asteroid belt for more supply.

By the way, on one report I read, the Earth's supplies of minerals may become a problem as early as 2050, so we may have no choice but to go to space to keep a supply sufficient for demand.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Chip (23rd January 2019)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,122 times in 3,951 posts

Wasn't having a concern about supply running out, more about any possible effect on the stability of the Moons orbit.

Thanks for that info though Justplain.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Justplain (23rd January 2019)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,280 times in 1,435 posts

I wonder when the propulsion "discoveries" will be put out. How is it not going to sound remuniscent of tech that whistleblowers/experiences have talked about already
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bob (24th January 2019), Justplain (24th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    I wonder when the propulsion "discoveries" will be put out. How is it not going to sound remuniscent of tech that whistleblowers/experiences have talked about already
    It sounds to me that the powers that be have deemed that the public doesn't need to know the advanced propulsion tech whilst humanity officially colonizes the local solar system. Thus, Musk's SpaceX gets to Mars on rockets as does the ESA to the moon. What I find interesting is that tptb are able to keep all of these space faring nations in line by sticking to the 'rocket' paradigm, whilst the tech of anti-gravity has been around atleast since the 1950's and likely much longer considering the well documented airship sightings of the 19th century.

16. Link to Post #10
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

17. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

They have no real intention of trying to mine the moon. They know it's impossible to get there now, much less set up mining operations. This is just a propaganda ploy to reinforce the Apollo lie. Apollo was a hoax.
    Here's some of the evidence.
    http://www.politicalforum.com/index....ost-1072215068
    https://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=1147.0

It seems that the shadow government controls the US and Europe.

18. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

Once again, the Moon gambit is nothing more than an Accounting Entry EXCUSE to subvert money elsewhere for things we will never be informed about. The MOON is fully populated and I believe that some of those people are GIANTS. They are not going to let others come and dig up their territory, except under treaty and exchange in kind. I have read here and there of US and Reptilian/Grey cooperation at facilities on the Moon. If you can have flying cars, gravity driven, you can have the same transport off the planet. Those vehicles would be computerized to get out of the Earth's arc or path of rotation by using speed and angular change ordered by the computer. I have read of tremendously heavy things transported to outer space by means of anti-gravity from places like Nevada and Utah. Don't let these fraudsters lie to you any more but make them show you the money they are stealing to "go to the Moon" time after time after time and never get there.

19. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

Once again, the Moon gambit is nothing more than an Accounting Entry EXCUSE to subvert money elsewhere for things we will never be informed about. The MOON is fully populated and I believe that some of those people are GIANTS. They are not going to let others come and dig up their territory, except under treaty and exchange in kind. I have read here and there of US and Reptilian/Grey cooperation at facilities on the Moon. If you can have flying cars, gravity driven, you can have the same transport off the planet. Those vehicles would be computerized to get out of the Earth's arc or path of rotation by using speed and angular change ordered by the computer. I have read of tremendously heavy things transported to outer space by means of anti-gravity from places like Nevada and Utah. Don't let these fraudsters lie to you any more but make them show you the money they are stealing to "go to the Moon" time after time after time and never get there.

+ Reply to Thread