+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: The Breatharian Path - The Science, my own Journey, and the Ramifications for any Human

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Breatharian Path - The Science, my own Journey, and the Ramifications for any Human

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

could you please take us through a normal day for you? from the moment you wake up?

what, precisely, is your breathing technique for extracting the prana out of the atmosphere?
    Hello again Mike, as promised I will now attempt to answer your 2 questions that I regarded as founded in misconceptions, and I will explain why.

Firstly, to your question, "what, precisely, is your breathing technique for extracting the prana out of the atmosphere?"

I cannot speak for others who might make use of "techniques" they "found" (attracted). I understand why it might seem like you need a technique. Imagine prana like a flow of a stream (or at least I do), on which you have built a dam. There is no technique to drink from a stream, but if you have built a dam you will need to dismantle it to drink from the stream again. As for that part, no one will dismantle that dam for no reason, spontaneously, without what I usually refer to as a "call". Do you have that call, Mike? Usually when you do you know it and can explain what exactly generates the call. It doesn't have to be a certain thing, it can be literally anything, and it is all different sort of things for different people, however I do not think it is likely that a desire to save money on food would qualify. For me it was a life-long desire to experience true freedom, as far as it is possible while inhabiting a human body.

If you feel your path to breatharianism should involve a technique I urge you to explore that avenue, preferably in meditation. It's the same as magick. Some people "need" rituals so they perform rituals. But first they must pick what system to practise in and which rituals they "feel" will work for them. However we are now living in the age of Chaos Magick and I believe this is a salient point to appreciate. I believe it has to do with an elevated level of consciousness on a global scale. When you understand why Chaos Magick exists you will understand whether you need a technique and if you do it will be your "job" to pick the right one, for which I suggest first you need to "know thyself". Which is no small undertaking but it is a necessary part of the job.

As you see from my reply, the breathing technique that I practise has nothing to do with "extracting prana", although for others it may well be the only way they "can" access it from their current perspective of viewing reality.

Finally, to address your initial question "could you please take us through a normal day for you? from the moment you wake up?" I must emphasise that, firstly, I don't have "normal" days. Please consider the very last sentence from my OP: "Every day feels like the journey has just begun and everything that has happened before just prepared us for today, and every "today" is a fecund gateway to the inconceivable magic of tomorrow." No two days are the same. Which was the weirdest thing for me as all my life I felt uncomfortable with a varying routine, I always used to like all days the same, at least when it came to jobs and chores. Know my tasks, know the expectations, act out the same routines for successful accomplishment of the task. I now see that as I bias I had developed / chosen that I was supposed to overcome by "letting go and letting God", which was no small task for me, obviously not simply because of the effect of upsetting my fixed routine but much much more.

To take you through my "normal day" would be meaningless (not trying to dodge your question here) as there are not many things that are a regular part of my day. For a more thorough understanding I would invite you to study the magical personality. Added to that I may or may not engage in what "synchronicities" bring my way. My viewpoint has evolved to a point where I now regard a fixed routine as a self-imposed limitation, whatever it may be rooted in. The only things I do routinely have to do with maintaining the body and the mind in a healthy configuration, which you will find takes up less and less time as your understanding of *things* broadens. I meditate. I do breathing techniques. I drink. I watch the sunset. I participate in community life - I may help in someone's garden or I may help with building *things we here build*. I have interesting conversations that I enjoy. I work on perfecting my "disciplines of the personality", which I regard of extreme importance. But that's not something I do physically. I would describe it as a spiritual activity maybe. I find it a lot of fun.

Apart from all that I try new things as they come. Carve out of wood. Design and attempt to build structures. Play board games. I enjoy the occasional game of chess. Wander in the woods. Draw a map. I spend a minimal time online, reading, sharing thoughts and volunteering in the Venus Project, which may one day replace my present life and human life on a global scale, at least I hope it will. No rush though. Let humanity take their time.

I hope you found in my answer what you were looking for, or at least something useful. If something is unclear or would like to understand more fully, please ask again.
    Last edited by Rolci; 6th April 2019 at 09:20.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

AriG (25th April 2019), Ben (8th June 2021), conk (11th September 2019), Inaiá (24th December 2019), kfm27917 (3rd June 2020), Mike (7th April 2019), Pam (6th April 2019), Peace in Oz (28th April 2021), petra (29th April 2019), Rich (6th April 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,558 times in 5,713 posts

Default Re: The Breatharian Path - The Science, my own Journey, and the Ramifications for any Human

Quote Posted by Rolci (here)

could you please take us through a normal day for you? from the moment you wake up?

what, precisely, is your breathing technique for extracting the prana out of the atmosphere?
    Hello again Mike, as promised I will now attempt to answer your 2 questions that I regarded as founded in misconceptions, and I will explain why.

Firstly, to your question, "what, precisely, is your breathing technique for extracting the prana out of the atmosphere?"

I cannot speak for others who might make use of "techniques" they "found" (attracted). I understand why it might seem like you need a technique. Imagine prana like a flow of a stream (or at least I do), on which you have built a dam. There is no technique to drink from a stream, but if you have built a dam you will need to dismantle it to drink from the stream again. As for that part, no one will dismantle that dam for no reason, spontaneously, without what I usually refer to as a "call". Do you have that call, Mike? Usually when you do you know it and can explain what exactly generates the call. It doesn't have to be a certain thing, it can be literally anything, and it is all different sort of things for different people, however I do not think it is likely that a desire to save money on food would qualify. For me it was a life-long desire to experience true freedom, as far as it is possible while inhabiting a human body.

If you feel your path to breatharianism should involve a technique I urge you to explore that avenue, preferably in meditation. It's the same as magick. Some people "need" rituals so they perform rituals. But first they must pick what system to practise in and which rituals they "feel" will work for them. However we are now living in the age of Chaos Magick and I believe this is a salient point to appreciate. I believe it has to do with an elevated level of consciousness on a global scale. When you understand why Chaos Magick exists you will understand whether you need a technique and if you do it will be your "job" to pick the right one, for which I suggest first you need to "know thyself". Which is no small undertaking but it is a necessary part of the job.

As you see from my reply, the breathing technique that I practise has nothing to do with "extracting prana", although for others it may well be the only way they "can" access it from their current perspective of viewing reality.

Finally, to address your initial question "could you please take us through a normal day for you? from the moment you wake up?" I must emphasise that, firstly, I don't have "normal" days. Please consider the very last sentence from my OP: "Every day feels like the journey has just begun and everything that has happened before just prepared us for today, and every "today" is a fecund gateway to the inconceivable magic of tomorrow." No two days are the same. Which was the weirdest thing for me as all my life I felt uncomfortable with a varying routine, I always used to like all days the same, at least when it came to jobs and chores. Know my tasks, know the expectations, act out the same routines for successful accomplishment of the task. I now see that as I bias I had developed / chosen that I was supposed to overcome by "letting go and letting God", which was no small task for me, obviously not simply because of the effect of upsetting my fixed routine but much much more.

To take you through my "normal day" would be meaningless (not trying to dodge your question here) as there are not many things that are a regular part of my day. For a more thorough understanding I would invite you to study the magical personality. Added to that I may or may not engage in what "synchronicities" bring my way. My viewpoint has evolved to a point where I now regard a fixed routine as a self-imposed limitation, whatever it may be rooted in. The only things I do routinely have to do with maintaining the body and the mind in a healthy configuration, which you will find takes up less and less time as your understanding of *things* broadens. I meditate. I do breathing techniques. I drink. I watch the sunset. I participate in community life - I may help in someone's garden or I may help with building *things we here build*. I have interesting conversations that I enjoy. I work on perfecting my "disciplines of the personality", which I regard of extreme importance. But that's not something I do physically. I would describe it as a spiritual activity maybe. I find it a lot of fun.

Apart from all that I try new things as they come. Carve out of wood. Design and attempt to build structures. Play board games. I enjoy the occasional game of chess. Wander in the woods. Draw a map. I spend a minimal time online, reading, sharing thoughts and volunteering in the Venus Project, which may one day replace my present life and human life on a global scale, at least I hope it will. No rush though. Let humanity take their time.

I hope you found in my answer what you were looking for, or at least something useful. If something is unclear or would like to understand more fully, please ask again.

Quote I meditate. I do breathing techniques. I drink. I watch the sunset.
    hi there Rolci, thanks a bunch for that thoughtful reply. can you tell me what breathing techniques you personally use?

also, though i know the need for money is drastically reduced with this lifestyle, do you do anything to earn money? for the random unexpected event?

as far as the "call"...i'm hearing something, it's a bit muffled and distant..but i think i'm making my way towards it

i appreciate you taking the time to explain!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

AriG (25th April 2019), Ben (8th June 2021), Pam (25th April 2019), Peace in Oz (28th April 2021), petra (29th April 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

hi there Rolci, thanks a bunch for that thoughtful reply. can you tell me what breathing techniques you personally use?

also, though i know the need for money is drastically reduced with this lifestyle, do you do anything to earn money? for the random unexpected event?

as far as the "call"...i'm hearing something, it's a bit muffled and distant..but i think i'm making my way towards it

i appreciate you taking the time to explain!
    Hi Mike, the only breathing technique I use is the Wim Hof breathing technique, which I try to do every day, sometimes twice. The only purpose I use it for is, unlike others, to give me a presence of mind focused on the Now. I do not use it with the intention of gaining the well-documented health benefits, although if they come they are welcome, and I certainly do not use it for "accessing prana". Although I must emphatically add that, incidentally, I personally see more than just a strong correlation between this presence of mind and "accessing prana". When I think of the ways different breatharians access prana - from the air, from the Sun, from the Earth, from "treated" water, from radiation, from other people's emotional resonance, through meditation, etc. - I see only one common denominator, and that is a (usually focused) presence of mind, at a level higher than the normal "presentness". It is hard to explain, as the difference is subtle, but I would imagine most readers here on Avalon know what I'm talking about.

I don't do anything to earn money, I have a bit saved for emergencies, but I never touched it before and I am not planning on touching it unless absolutely necessary. For me the breatharian lifestyle is part of living a grander principle, namely freedom. This is what started me on this path, this is what kept me there in those low moments, and this is what I value breatharianism most for, the freedom it gives that's not possible otherwise. I am always surprised when I see how most others have no interest in this kind of freedom, for me there is no life without this, I would never go back.

Finally I have the long-awaited video interview with Michael Werner from the documentary In the Beginning There Was Light, with English dubbing. The interview details the two observation studies on breatharian Michael Werner:

2004 - (Lindenhof Hospital, Bern, Switzerland)

and

2007 - (University Clinic, Prague, Czech Republic)

The video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngXt_dVQ50Q

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

Agape (23rd March 2020), AriG (25th April 2019), Ben (8th June 2021), Inaiá (23rd April 2019), Mike (22nd April 2019), Pam (23rd April 2019), Peace in Oz (28th April 2021), petra (29th April 2019), Rich (23rd April 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Rolci, Thanks for sharing your story and links and generously responding to questions. I personally benefited.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Ben (8th June 2021), Constance (23rd April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Peace in Oz (28th April 2021), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    Rolci, Thanks for sharing your story and links and generously responding to questions. I personally benefited.
    Hi Gem, I am glad if I could be of service. Do you have your own story to share? I'd love to hear.

Thanks to a neighbour who is expressing interest in our lifestyle I am currently working on my own little project regarding the breatharian transition process. However much these "processes" have been refined by today and however many different ones (see https://www.breatharianworld.com/en/...shment-survey/ and there is a list of different processes on the right) there are of them, I have always considered them "forced". Maybe it works for some, but I have been feeling that there is a need for a much gentler, more natural transition. Ray Maor's 8-day process is reported to have a 50% success ratio, much higher than Jamusheen's 21-day process, but I personally believe that a more "processless" process would have a higher success ratio and would make for an easier transition. To share the gist of it with my Avalon friends, I will describe it in a few words here.

Essentially it starts with a regular 36-hour dry fast (from last meal of day, say 8pm, through all day next day, till next morning, say 8am), which is very easy to do for anyone, but it's like a mini-challenge to give encouragement and a little push to those that feel the call but maybe have not enough faith or don't know how to start. During your first fast you are encouraged to develop a closer relationship with your body by being "present with it" and also to see how well you do with a fast, what your weaknesses are, maybe you will find a mental compulsion to consume, as in an ordinary addiction.

If you decide, you can have another dry fast when you feel the time is right for you, this time adding an extra day, bringing it up to 2.5 days. By now you can have a little taster of what life without food might be like. If you still feel okay and feel that you are mentally ready, you can try a 3.5-day dry fast next time, and so on. There are several week-long dry fast testimonials on youtube, simply type in 7 day dry fast and you won't believe how widespread the practice is among all kinds of people, body builders, athletes, and people already on special diets. My favourites are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx9rii3dcQ0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mPF5wS5rrQ .

You can keep increasing the number of days and keep a close feel of your physical and mental health, you mood, etc. and it is very important that when you feel that it is a bit too challenging, stop the increase for a while and do a few dry fasts for the same length to boost your resistance or whatever it is you need and also to build your faith. You will know when you're ready to go up a notch. A tip, you may want to chew a gum to keep your jaw muscles in shape, otherwise they will feel sore after the fast. If you find you struggle but want to keep trying you may want to keep it "wet" a little by either taking extended baths (maybe with Epsom salt) or, if that's still not much help, drinking distilled water. The key here is graduality and most importantly feeling good about your fast.

If you ever reach the point where you 1. notice your weight loss turns around and start gaining until you settle at a certain weight and 2. you will notice your energy levels skyrocketing for apparently no reason you know that's when your prana "kicks in", you will feel it. If you ever notice these you might want to extend your fast, but I would strongly advise doing so with a "clear giver" present, another breatharian or someone close AND SUPPORTIVE. Finally, these dry fasts are best done when you have a few days of peace, like a weekend, timing and finding the right place can make a lot of difference. Last word of advice, if you EVER get trouble with breathing, break the fast immediately, sip a little water slowly and have a few bites. More advice to the few that are still reading and are really ready to take this seriously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vREtS4U2IGc (you will need to skip the boring parts and listen carefully to everything he has to say).

So this is what I'm working on right now in my few quiet and lonely moments, hoping to contribute with something new. I would like the readers to keep in mind that breatharianism doesn't have to mean no food ever again, it simply means the ability to survive on prana alone - you can still CHOOSE TO enjoy food and drink as often as you like. It would also be nice to have more fellow breatharians and one day establish an entire off-grid breatharian community, similar to an eco village, which could then advertise the validity and realness of the diet and the phenomenon to a point where people and science take it seriously and give it its well-deserved recognition, for the freedom and health of humanity.
    Last edited by Rolci; 24th April 2019 at 22:53.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

Agape (23rd March 2020), AriG (25th April 2019), Ben (8th June 2021), Pam (25th April 2019), Peace in Oz (28th April 2021), petra (29th April 2019), Rich (25th April 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021), wegge (24th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks

Hi Rolci, no story to share . . . yet. I have been interested on and off for years and now seriously looking at transitioning over the next couple of years.

I was not aware of Wim Hof and after looking into him further from your links, this is exactly what I have been waiting for. Everything I have scientifically learned over the years, coupled to intuitive belief, but with the removal of complexity.
    As retarded as this sounds, I haven’t wanted to achieve radical transformation with my “ill health” until the “simplest possible formula” could be executed as it then becomes inspirational, accessible and achievable to my friends and loved ones.

Thank you once again for your great posts.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

AriG (25th April 2019), Ben (8th June 2021), Constance (25th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Peace in Oz (28th April 2021), petra (29th April 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Rolci,

Beautifully documented post and thank you so very much for sharing. You have no doubt made this conscious choice and are enjoying a new level of consciousness that is difficult for most to even begin to comprehend. If mankind could evolve into what you have achieved, think about the leaps and bounds that could be achieved as a species.

You briefly referenced a slight weight gain and then the realization of prana. I was going to ask about your initial experience and whether you experienced significant weight loss and any effect it might have had on your energy level?

. Last word of advice, if you EVER get trouble with breathing, break the fast immediately, sip a little water slowly and have a few bites. More advice to the few that are still reading and are really ready to take this seriously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vREtS4U2IGc (you will need to skip the boring parts and listen carefully to everything he has to say).
    Could you elaborate on this a bit more? Trouble with breathing? Could you give an example? And if one does practice breatharianism and then needs to eat for the aforementioned reason, what effect would this or might this have on the dormant digestive system?

So this is what I'm working on right now in my few quiet and lonely moments, hoping to contribute with something new. I would like the readers to keep in mind that breatharianism doesn't have to mean no food ever again, it simply means the ability to survive on prana alone - you can still CHOOSE TO enjoy food and drink as often as you like. It would also be nice to have more fellow breatharians and one day establish an entire off-grid breatharian community, similar to an eco village, which could then advertise the validity and realness of the diet and the phenomenon to a point where people and science take it seriously and give it its well-deserved recognition, for the freedom and health of humanity.
    I certainly hope that if you do this, you choose to NOT do this in the United States. The system does not take kindly to those who seek another path (think Branch Dividians), or any group who they would perceive to undermine the lucrative profit centers that are constantly stressed to achieve "growth" (i.e., Medicine, Pharma, Energy Companies, Agribusiness).

Congratulations on your physical and spiritual liberation. You have achieved something remarkable!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Ben (8th June 2021), RunningDeer (19th April 2021), Unicorn (25th April 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    As retarded as this sounds, I haven’t wanted to achieve radical transformation with my “ill health” until the “simplest possible formula” could be executed as it then becomes inspirational, accessible and achievable to my friends and loved ones.
    Quite the opposite, it's exactly what I've been doing with everything I encounter my entire life. I collect the best quotes from every book I read into txt files. These txt files make up a "treasure chest" folder. I also do the same with audio and video, for which I have splitter-joiner software to edit media files. This gives a "condensation" of everything I have come across in my 10 years of intensive seeking. It's as though I were looking to create secret formulas that can be applied by anyone by finding the common denominator in very different, uhm, things, like, say, see what's common in all alternative medical treatments (the subconscious mind) etc. In most cases it takes years to come to a realisation, for which I then collect all evidence into a folder.

Does this sound like something you do, or am I taking it to extreme?

Anyway, as you can see, I am doing it again by working to replace all the breatharian transition processes with a simple series of increasingly long dry fasts (that many people already do and anyone can do) with an in-build self-creating faith-generating mechanism by allowing you to see how far you feel comfortable going every step of the way.

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    You briefly referenced a slight weight gain and then the realization of prana. I was going to ask about your initial experience and whether you experienced significant weight loss and any effect it might have had on your energy level?
    I do not recall exact figures. If I were to transition again, I would document daily weights. Maybe when you do yours you can record and share. You won't be the first to reference weight loss but I am not aware of anyone who did daily weight checks and shared it with the world. Indeed, we really need a proper testimonial with supporting evidence in the form of exact figures so others can know what to expect and what would be a bad sign (too much weight loss). Saying all that, other people's testimony (and numbers) aside, you should always LISTEN TO YOUR BODY first and foremost. It has its own in-built wisdom, it knows what it can do and what it needs your help with.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more? Trouble with breathing? Could you give an example? And if one does practice breatharianism and then needs to eat for the aforementioned reason, what effect would this or might this have on the dormant digestive system?
    Trouble breathing DURING a transition, or during dry fast. If you experience breathing problems break the fast. If you already practice breatharianism that means your body is processing prana as it should, you won't get breathing problems by then. And eating does not have any effect on your digestive system, many breatharians nibble occasionally. Remember B does not mean don't eat, it means you don't have to eat to survive. You can still enjoy food. I would say don't overeat, but you will find that your body won't let you anyway, you will have learned to listen to your body by then. You will know what's right and how much.

I certainly hope that if you do this, you choose to NOT do this in the United States. The system does not take kindly to those who seek another path (think Branch Dividians), or any group who they would perceive to undermine the lucrative profit centers that are constantly stressed to achieve "growth" (i.e., Medicine, Pharma, Energy Companies, Agribusiness).
    The whole point of an off-grid community is that you are no longer part of the system. You reclaim your status as a "freeman on the land", as we say around here. You take your life into your own hands. You no longer need medicines (especially if you're a breatharian) and have no bills to worry about.
    Last edited by Rolci; 29th April 2019 at 12:06.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

Agape (23rd March 2020), Ben (8th June 2021), Gemma13 (11th September 2019), Pam (30th April 2019), petra (29th April 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

As a person who doesn't particularly enjoy eating, but nevertheless has gotten obsessed with cooking recently, I'm finding this exceptionally interesting (minus the part about meditation!). I've never been able to meditate, and sometimes I wonder if it might just be impossible for me. My body is too tiny to do lots of things, and maybe my spirit is just too tiny to meditate (just a little joke, ha ha)

I resent having to eat, and if I don't actually have to, I resent being told that I have to. Somehow I doubt I'll starve myself to death (sarcasm)

It's only in recent months I learned the term "Breatharian", and I notice "Chi" is mentioned here too. Chi is "used" (I use that word loosely) in other cultures for things like self defense (Tai Chi for example). As a tiny person... I've been looking at that too Bottom line being, I definitely think there's an invisible energy at work.
    Last edited by petra; 29th April 2019 at 14:28. Reason: More emphasis :)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Agape (23rd March 2020), Ben (8th June 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

.. Your statements bear truth to you until you come to full realisation that we consume food for warmth (energy) and movement (energy) and that food consumption is simply a downgraded form of consuming universal energy passed down ultimately from the sun.
    The sun?! It all keeps coming back to the sun... I just finished making a posting about how tiny the sun is compared to other stars... plus I've been joking about the sun for most of the weekend. The sun is most definitely more than just a "big stupid ball of gas"

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Ben (8th June 2021), Pam (13th May 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Rolci,
    I have a question about Breatharianism...
    Do breatharians poop? (serious question). I imagine if I didn't eat anything at all, I wouldn't have any waste.
    I ask because I'm a little concerned at the consequences of not pooping. In recent years I've become very "regular" and can practically set the clock by my bowels. To me, "regularity" seems important in being able to clean out one's insides.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Ben (8th June 2021), Gemma13 (11th September 2019), Pam (13th May 2019), Rich (6th May 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Do breatharians poop? (serious question). I imagine if I didn't eat anything at all, I wouldn't have any waste.
    I ask because I'm a little concerned at the consequences of not pooping. In recent years I've become very "regular" and can practically set the clock by my bowels. To me, "regularity" seems important in being able to clean out one's insides.
    Hi Petra. Sorry for the delay in answering. To answer your question, I can't speak for all breatharians, but it would be safe to say that most of us do. About once a month I would say. A few things worth mentioning here.

First of all, pure as it may be, prana is energy that translates to matter in the body and is used for its renewal purposes. You must rest assured that as long as there is stuff going in (in whatever form) there will be stuff going out. It's just that the conversion is much more efficient and there is less waste.

Secondly, detoxing. You realise food is not the only source toxins of all sorts can enter your body, some are ingested with the water, some you breathe in, and again some may penetrate through your skin. I consider chemicals you use to "cleanse" your body with such undesired toxins (which is why I almost never use them). Now I consider it important that these be expelled from the body from time to time. I'm sure some of that will happen automatically, the body is an amazingly intelligent machine, if only we let it do its stuff. Some people go on a detox diet, they may go on a dry fast, or they may do enemas. I am currently in the process of changing my water "diet". I have decided to start distilling my filtered stream water. Filtering removes volatile organics, distilling will remove everything else, leaving pure (I hope still naturally structured) water. Yes, drinking stream water will result in the slow accumulation of "waterborne" stuff in the body. Which, if you're fussy, could be considered a disqualifying factor from breatharianism. Yes, I have been "eating" Paramecia and all sorts of Euglenoidea. I am saying goodbye to those.

Lastly, and this may seem unimportant, the body seems to have a certain ability to use its own waste, as they observed when examining Jani Yogi's bladder, when urine forms and is then re-absorbed. However I am not aware of this process happening in the rectal area. I do not know what would happen if you obstructed the passage way for solid toxins to leave the body. I assume that would be a cause of death after a while. Even for a breatharian. I can't be sure of this and I can't know much of this process in other breatharians, and I am not willing to do an experiment on myself as I have always been a proponent of "everything natural". With me, when it comes, it goes.

Ask anyone who does 10+ day dry fasts. I bet they will say they poop till the last day. Just smaller and harder.

I hope you will find these details informative to your satisfaction.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

Ben (8th June 2021), Gemma13 (11th September 2019), Pam (13th May 2019), petra (13th May 2019), Rich (13th May 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Hi Petra. Sorry for the delay in answering. To answer your question, I can't speak for all breatharians, but it would be safe to say that most of us do. About once a month I would say. A few things worth mentioning here.

First of all, pure as it may be, prana is energy that translates to matter in the body and is used for its renewal purposes. You must rest assured that as long as there is stuff going in (in whatever form) there will be stuff going out. It's just that the conversion is much more efficient and there is less waste.

Secondly, detoxing. You realise food is not the only source toxins of all sorts can enter your body, some are ingested with the water, some you breathe in, and again some may penetrate through your skin. I consider chemicals you use to "cleanse" your body with such undesired toxins (which is why I almost never use them). Now I consider it important that these be expelled from the body from time to time. I'm sure some of that will happen automatically, the body is an amazingly intelligent machine, if only we let it do its stuff. Some people go on a detox diet, they may go on a dry fast, or they may do enemas. I am currently in the process of changing my water "diet". I have decided to start distilling my filtered stream water. Filtering removes volatile organics, distilling will remove everything else, leaving pure (I hope still naturally structured) water. Yes, drinking stream water will result in the slow accumulation of "waterborne" stuff in the body. Which, if you're fussy, could be considered a disqualifying factor from breatharianism. Yes, I have been "eating" Paramecia and all sorts of Euglenoidea. I am saying goodbye to those.

Lastly, and this may seem unimportant, the body seems to have a certain ability to use its own waste, as they observed when examining Jani Yogi's bladder, when urine forms and is then re-absorbed. However I am not aware of this process happening in the rectal area. I do not know what would happen if you obstructed the passage way for solid toxins to leave the body. I assume that would be a cause of death after a while. Even for a breatharian. I can't be sure of this and I can't know much of this process in other breatharians, and I am not willing to do an experiment on myself as I have always been a proponent of "everything natural". With me, when it comes, it goes.

Ask anyone who does 10+ day dry fasts. I bet they will say they poop till the last day. Just smaller and harder.

I hope you will find these details informative to your satisfaction.
    Thanks very much, your reply is more than satisfying! That's the answer which I was hoping to hear too - moving my bowels about once per month sounds fine to me, and I imagine if there were any discomfort you'd have said so.

I'm very impressed with the concept of being a breatharian so far, and feel as if I am slowly moving towards this. I've considered, maybe it would be healthier to not eat anything, as opposed to eating junk food and garbage. I'm learning to be a better cook, but that might just end up being a waste of time - so far I've thrown out about 1/2 the food I had meant to eat because it had gone bad.

I certainly think it's possible for some urine waste to be re-absorbed, seems less likely for fecal matter though.

As you said the body IS amazingly intelligent, but I think that it also can be kind of dumb sometimes too. For example when one person yawns, and then everyone starts to yawn. That's psychological more than physiological, but I think it's all connected.

I've had times where I'm not near a washroom and willed my body to stop wanting to poop. It works, but I don't imagine it's good for my body, like how we're not supposed to hold in a sneeze.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Ben (8th June 2021), Gemma13 (11th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The last few months have been amazing, far exceeding our expectations. The method I developed has been a success! (I should probably write a book about it or teach it in workshops or something, if I had the appropriate entrepreneurial mindset.) We have seen the couple I had mentioned before transition successfully, and two other couples! We were not aware they had an interest a few months ago, but it seems news got around quick (they usually do around here) about our friends doing their transition. So now we have 4 breatharian couples including us, and that makes me wonder, how many more will follow. Especially since not only are we all a tight-knit community here where everybody knows everybody, but also we are aware of one another's daily/weekly habits, who goes shopping where and when, and it is easy notice when this habit is broken by these couples who no longer travel to town on their shopping days!

In spite of all this we have no other people, near of far, who are expressing an interest in this lifestyle. Most of them simply enjoy food and would never give it up, mostly for the taste, others would never part with the socialising aspect of food consumption, and sitting at a dinner table with no food on is just not the same. We understand and respect these sentiments and would not force or want to see people give up what they hold dear or see as something that gives some kind of meaning (or at least contribute) to their lives.

Saying that, I have a feeling that there must be at least a few people here (or even on this forum) who have been inspired to start experimenting with our "increasingly longer fasts" method. To be honest I'm quite proud of it myself. Ever so simple yet amazingly effective. Just common sense really, it's like sports, testing your own limits and pushing ever further, jumping higher, running faster, or lifting more, always breaking your previous best by just a little bit more. I see this method as a gift of "gentle transition" for all humanity. I hope to see and hear more success stories following the ones here.

Has anyone had any success using any of the other methods out there? I wonder what the critical mass is for breatharianism to be widely accepted as a valid alternative lifestyle like vegetarianism and veganism and when all the people will stop crying "lies" when confronted by one of us, in real life or even just a video, a testimony, a workshop or wherever. We are somewhere between 50.000 and 100.000. So how many will it take? The Pranic World Festival is one of the most inspiring and hope-giving things I've ever seen. We haven't been to one yet, only seen videos and talked to some of the participants. Some weird people for sure, but I suppose in this age it takes quite some weirdness to even consider adapting the breatharian lifestyle for oneself. In any case, the numbers are definitely growing, I assume we are at the very bottom of a not-too-steep exponential curve that is likely to smooth out in the end. Some people will always consume physical I guess. I like the word "pranic", more than "breatharian". Also it's been in use for thousands of years, nothing new here. I see Prana and Chi being accepted as science fact VERY soon.

Saying that, I have never considered the consensus of "scientists" as something people should be waiting for in order to affect changes in their own lives. If we all did that, there would not be a Wim Hof today. Think about that. I wish we had more science tests done on us, like Michel Werner has had done on him in Austria and then in Switzerland. Too bad neither institute released the results. People like Michael Werner, Prahlad Jani, Ray Maor and others who allow scientists to do tests on them are gifts to mankind. We need an observation like the one done on Ray Maor, streamed live, like Big Brother. Locked in a mansion for 6 months with no food, with a reward of $1 million waiting at the end. Bigger step for mankind than Armstrong, if you ask me!
    Last edited by Rolci; 11th September 2019 at 14:43.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

Ben (8th June 2021), Gemma13 (11th September 2019), Joe (12th September 2019), Phoenix (23rd March 2020), RunningDeer (19th April 2021), what is a name? (12th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks

Thanks for update Rolci My experimenting won't be till next year when the last of my youngun's has flown the coop and I don't have to cook for anyone anymore. I also have a medical condition that would improve drastically if I am able to attempt and be successful as a breatharian, as I am unable to tolerate the medication needed for my condition.

Family gatherings will be the toughest - gonna have to work hard on my olfactory system

All the best to you and I look forward to any future news and updates.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Agape (23rd March 2020), Ben (8th June 2021), Joe (12th September 2019), Pam (24th December 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

31. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

IMPORTANT UPDATE! PROOF ON THE VALIDITY OF BREATHARIANISM NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL!

It has been a while since I last wrote and, similarly to last time, we have had unexpected developments, to all our amazements. This has almost become like science fiction up to this point with the spreading of the lifestyle in our neighborhood, except now it has turned into verifiable reality supported by objective proof.

Two things have led to the discovery, and the proof itself is the amalgamation of two processes. One of these is the "gradual transition" method I developed and have described here in post #25, which has been successfully applied and concluded by multiple members of our local community. The second is the development reported earlier last year where it has been found and demonstrated that breatharians gain weight while meditating, evidenced by meditating on hyper-accurate scales. While this latter one could be considered proof in itself, it remains uninvestigated by mainstream science so all we have is the reports. However, when combined with my transition method in a very specific way, it can be used as a way to obtain undeniable proof for the validity of breathariansim.

WARNING! Before you read on, you MUST consider this: obtaining undeniable objective proof of the validity of the breatharian lifestyle by anyone who is not actually READY on at least SOME level to transition WILL have undesired effects on the person. What is meant by this is that if you become aware that there is a way to obtain proof by anyone, you WILL be tempted to try and see for yourself, in which case you WILL see that breatharianism is not a fairy tale perpetuated by 50,000 charlatans deceiving people out of their money in workshops (as many have been WANTING to believe) but a reality obtainable by anyone. This, in turn, will result in an acute awareness of the exact nature of your present lifestyle. What does this mean?

- Every time you eat, you will know that you are damaging your body, making it effectively "age" (read: wear away from toxins) much faster than it should.
    - Every time you do your shopping you will be acutely aware that you are essentially just burning money for no real reason.
    - Every time you write your shopping list you will be aware that you are preparing for something that is a waste of your time on a LARGE scale - from shopping through cooking to cleaning up.
    - You WILL start questioning every other aspect of your life, beginning with everything else you're buying, realising they are all stuff you don't need, from "healthcare" products to finally all the gadgets you choose to entertain yourself with on a daily basis.

With that must-have warning out of the way, here is the proof you obviously want to have since you're still reading. It is very simple. 2 easy steps.

Number one: Follow the gradual transition method I described in my previous further up on this page, post #25 ( https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1288346 ) with the added process of taking a measurement of your weight every 6 hours after using the toilet and with all clothes off to get an accurate net weight. You do not want to leave any doubts. You do this for the gradually increasing fasts as many occasions as you like - say you start with a 12-hour fast, next week you do a 36-hour fast, next week a 60-hour fast and so on, preferably dry fasts as long as you can "comfortably" go, or if you prefer, a normal water (I recommend distilled) fast. Do this for as many weeks as you can/want to/feel necessary, and as long as you do not feel your life is threatened. If you do, break the fast. (Which is where the word "breakfast" comes from by the way.)

Number two: Repeat the first step after a number of weeks of longer and longer fasts, with the 6-hourly weight measurements, however this time you add one final step: meditation/yoga. Normally meditation is meditation, and similarly yoga is yoga, however if you are to obtain your proof you must be careful with what meditation/yoga you do / how you meditate. If you choose yoga the obvious choice is pranayama. However I would advise that meditation still be practised in addition as I cannot confirm yoga alone can do the trick, it is only a hunch I have (as long as it is pranayama), though this remains untested to-date. What we have seen tested and working however, is doing a meditation with the intention of opening up to / receiving prana / inpouring "divine" life energy.

You will notice either one of 3 things: either you will unexplicably gain weight, at least after a few measurements, OR you will not lose any weight as you did in your previous fasts, OR at the very least, your weight loss will be less than in ANY of your previous fasts and the measurements will NOT chart a straight line as before but will be erratic. But most likely you will observe the reported weight gain, even when measured right before meditation and straight after and compared - depending on how long you meditate for and how "successfully", and of course on how accurate your scales are!

This has been tested and demonstrated as providing a net weight gain by another one of our local friends who showed no interest when he learned about our lifestyle, or when the other couples transitioned. He showed however an eager spirit when I proposed the above test (as it was at that stage). Sadly he has not transitioned as of now, and cannot say whether he will or not, however it is thanks to him and his feedback that I could (and indeed had to) give the warning before the proof - he is in a "funny" mental state at the moment due to his experiences with his unexpectedly newly-found personal conviction. We will have to wait and see where he goes from here, which I will follow with great interest and may or may not report here - I hope all will go well for him, we are here to support of course but all must have this fight inside themselves if they hadn't prepared themselves and I see it as having the possibility of going wrong - hence the warning.

With the due warnings I felt it was my duty to report what we found, all the more so since, unlike vegetarianism and veganism, breatharianism is not only not going mainstream, it is not even generally accepted as valid due to a lack of a critical mass - 50,000 "followers" simply does not cut it, it would seem, even with all the documentaries and all the scientific tests that have been carried out (all of which have been generally ignored or even questioned/criticised). Saying that, I have no doubt the critical mass will be achieved, but for some reason much more slowly than other diet-related alternative lifestyles. Could it be related to the impact this going mainstream will no doubt have on the economies of the world, similar to free energy devices? Not to mention the loss of control over the masses once all humans claim their freedom and sovereignty and start living off the grid on a mass level. Now that will be fun to watch!
    Last edited by Rolci; 24th December 2019 at 03:55.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

Agape (23rd March 2020), Ben (8th June 2021), Joe (24th December 2019), Pam (24th December 2019), RunningDeer (19th April 2021), wegge (22nd March 2020)

33. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Three months on, has anyone on this forum been able to confirm for themselves the absolute reality of the breatharian path? It's funny, now that we have had a breakthrough and there is real evidence for everybody, all of a sudden it's all gone quiet everywhere - no skeptics making comments, no supporters. Also no change here in our community, and don't expect to be any more - all are aware, not everyone interested. And it's been forever since the last article I read in the news about breatharianism.

I honestly expected this aspect of spiritual lifestyle to go mainstream and our numbers to multiply at a great rate globally - I was wrong. What am I missing? Is living a toxin-free healthy life that's compassionate to all living beings and saves a ton of money no longer of interest to human beings on this planet? It feels like time has stopped and the world has frozen and dug itself into a paradigmatic standstill.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

Ben (8th June 2021), Phoenix (23rd March 2020), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

35. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Please ignore my last post. The sudden interest in how to live without food is PHENOMENAL! I am genuinely overwhelmed. I don't even know what to post here, it's all ongoing. All I can say is, do your research people. I wanna say "shoulda done it before, we have been trying to tell the world for years" but that won't help, will it? The 4 horsemen of the apocalypse anyone? The first being pandemic? Second war, then famine, and lastly death? Does this look like anything we can imagine as a likely near future based on how things are looking today? Wouldn't you say living off-grid with solar, and as a breatharian might make sense / be an advantage? Or is it too late to start now? I don't know. I hope the ideas I have been putting out in the past year or so has helped some people, some that heeded the advice. God be with the rest.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rolci For This Post:

Agape (23rd March 2020), Ben (8th June 2021), Phoenix (23rd March 2020), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,871 times in 463 posts

Breatharianism is my emergency plan since I first heard about it +10 years ago. Gotta read your posts 😉

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Agape (23rd March 2020), Ben (8th June 2021), RunningDeer (19th April 2021)

39. Link to Post #40
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 times in 243 posts

Please ignore my last post. The sudden interest in how to live without food is PHENOMENAL! I am genuinely overwhelmed. I don't even know what to post here, it's all ongoing. All I can say is, do your research people. I wanna say "shoulda done it before, we have been trying to tell the world for years" but that won't help, will it? The 4 horsemen of the apocalypse anyone? The first being pandemic? Second war, then famine, and lastly death? Does this look like anything we can imagine as a likely near future based on how things are looking today? Wouldn't you say living off-grid with solar, and as a breatharian might make sense / be an advantage? Or is it too late to start now? I don't know. I hope the ideas I have been putting out in the past year or so has helped some people, some that heeded the advice. God be with the rest.
    Rolci, thank you so much for your writtings here...

I have been on this path for awhile now, maybe 10 years.

Vegetarian -> Vegan -> (now the past 1 year) been doing constant 48-70hr dry fasts...

Now this is the next step

I've just read this thread and will try the weight measuring idea.

THANK YOU!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast