+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 Year Old Boy Saved By Bear, Or a Sasquatch. :)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,660 times in 4,303 posts

Default 3 Year Old Boy Saved By Bear, Or a Sasquatch. :)

I'm reporting a story as I found it in Yahoo, the story is about a 3 year old boy who was lost in the woods during the cold and rainy season. Two days and night in the woods during January while it is raining usually results in a very sad death, but this child not only survived he did so with no nagging ill effects.

I'm a big fan of the David Paulides books, and in these books there are many instances of lost small children reporting they were cared for by bears.

Paulides is always quick to point out that Bears have no hands, and teeth would have to be used to carry the children, as well, bears do not care for human children, it has never been proven to happen. Bears eat children.

I'm postulating the theory that this child may have been cared for by a Sasquatch and that the child is calling the Sasquatch a bear because he has no other reference for him.

3-year-old boy lost in freezing forest for two days says bear kept him safe

Yahoo Lifestyle
    January 28, 2019

A missing 3-year-old boy who was found alive after enduring two days of heavy rain and freezing temperatures says it was a bear who kept him safe and warm.
    Authorities from the FBI and U.S. Marines professional search teams joined up with volunteers to search for Casey Hathaway when he vanished from outside his grandmother’s house in North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon.
    As his distressed family waited for updates, one of their neighbors out walking her dog heard a loud cry come from the bushes. About 40 yards from the road, Casey was found crying and tangled in thorn bushes.
    He was rushed to the hospital in surprisingly good condition, where he later told his family that it was a bear who had kept him safe for the past two days, according to a GoFundMe page set up by the toddler’s grandmother at “the public’s request.”
    “He told us that his best friend the bear was with him to help keep him safe,” the page says. “Thanks to God’s mercy he came home to us alive and well.”

A desperate search was launched to try and relocate the missing 3-year-old. (Image: AP)

Apart from a few scrapes and bruises, the brave youngster is in good condition, doctors say. He devoured some Cheetos and chicken nuggets while watching his favorite show, Paw Patrol. While the family admits they’re not sure how accurate Casey’s version of events are, it is not the first time such a tale has made headlines
    In 1888, the New York Times reported the disappearance of a 2-year-old girl who was found in a deep valley, where she claimed she had slept by a bear that kept her warm that night.
    In 1955, 2-year-old Ida Mae Curtis went missing in Kootenai National Forest in Montana. She was located after enduring two days of pouring rain, and explained that she had been cuddled and comforted by a bear during her time away.

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

avid (28th January 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (29th January 2019), Baby Steps (28th January 2019), Billy (4th February 2019), BMJ (17th February 2019), Chip (4th February 2019), Constance (28th January 2019), DeDukshyn (28th January 2019), Desire (4th February 2019), ErtheVessel (5th February 2019), Forest Denizen (28th January 2019), Franny (30th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (29th January 2019), Jad (29th January 2019), jjjones (28th January 2019), Mike (28th January 2019), Nasu (29th January 2019), norman (28th January 2019), Pam (29th January 2019), Rhogar (29th January 2019), RunningDeer (28th January 2019), Sadieblue (29th January 2019), Satori (28th January 2019), scotslad (4th February 2019), Spellbound (29th January 2019), Stephanie (17th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2019), sunwings (28th January 2019), toppy (29th January 2019), Tyy1907 (4th February 2019), Valerie Villars (28th January 2019), XelNaga (30th January 2019), Zanshin (29th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

Default Re: 3 Year Old Boy Saved By Bear, Or a Sasquatch. :)

Great story! There are many stories of animals rescuing humans, especially children. There was one about 7-8 years ago about a young boy who had two elk lay down on either side of him which kept him warm through the night. At first he was terrified but they were calm and non-threatening and they laid up against him and he soon warmed up.

In the morning they got up and quietly left. He was found an hour or 2 later and was unharmed but hungry. I think his family decided they would stop elk hunting.

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

avid (28th January 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (29th January 2019), Constance (28th January 2019), Desire (4th February 2019), DNA (28th January 2019), Forest Denizen (28th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (29th January 2019), Jad (29th January 2019), jjjones (28th January 2019), Justplain (18th February 2019), Nasu (29th January 2019), Pam (29th January 2019), RunningDeer (28th January 2019), Sadieblue (29th January 2019), Spellbound (29th January 2019), Stephanie (17th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th January 2019), toppy (29th January 2019), Valerie Villars (28th January 2019), Zanshin (29th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I'm reporting a story as I found it in Yahoo, the story is about a 3 year old boy who was lost in the woods during the cold and rainy season. Two days and night in the woods during January while it is raining usually results in a very sad death, but this child not only survived he did so with no nagging ill effects.

I'm a big fan of the David Paulides books, and in these books there are many instances of lost small children reporting they were cared for by bears.

Paulides is always quick to point out that Bears have no hands, and teeth would have to be used to carry the children, as well, bears do not care for human children, it has never been proven to happen. Bears eat children.

I'm postulating the theory that this child may have been cared for by a Sasquatch and that the child is calling the Sasquatch a bear because he has no other reference for him...
    DNA, I thought exactly the same thing as soon as I saw the article the other day. I bet a lot of Sasquatch researchers did as well!
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th January 2019), Constance (28th January 2019), DNA (28th January 2019), Franny (30th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (29th January 2019), Jad (29th January 2019), jjjones (28th January 2019), Justplain (18th February 2019), Nasu (29th January 2019), Pam (29th January 2019), RunningDeer (28th January 2019), Sadieblue (29th January 2019), Spellbound (29th January 2019), Stephanie (17th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th January 2019), toppy (29th January 2019), Valerie Villars (28th January 2019), Zanshin (29th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here are a few of the Missing 411 stories here I'm reminded of when reading what happened to Casey Lynn Hathaway. I found these story snippets here. https://www.quora.com/What-do-missin...-their-stories

Quote Ida Mae Curtis's story:
    In 1868, a three year old girl disappeared from her father’s lumber camp in Northern Michigan. After enlisting the help of a pair of professional hunters, who happened on the hysterical search scene by chance, the men traced the little girl’s feeble cries to a dense stand of brush. When the men advanced on the thicket, they saw what they said looked like a giant bear burst from it and run across the river, heading for the distant horizon.
    The men recovered the girl unharmed from the brush. She later told them that “Mr. Wolf” would not let her leave, and had eaten her hat from right off her head; although, he had also gathered berries and fed them to her.(28 – 16:42)
    On the night of July 2, 1955, Mrs. Curtis, summoned by her distraught older children, arrived just in time to see what she and the children said was a was a huge bear cradling her 2-year-old daughter Ida Mae Curtis in its front paw as it scurried off on three legs from their tent in a lumber camp at the wild Kootenai National Forrest in Montana (29). On July 4, after a search by 350 backwoodsmen in heavy rain, Ida was found dry and safe in a crudely built shelter across a river, just 300 yards away from where she was taken.
    Ida would later relate, to the best of a 2-year-old’s ability, being cuddled and comforted by the bear during the time she was missing. The Sheriff became so angry that he actually paid the Curtises three separate visits demanding that they stop telling their story of a bear abducting and caring for their little girl. He told them “quit telling that story. It could never happen. It didn’t happen and don’t say it anymore."

Quote The wolf ate my hat and fed me berries
    Paulides told this story in an interview he did on Paranormal Central in March 2014.[2]
    To summarise:
    • in the 1800s a girl went missing while with her father. Similar situation - she was there, and then not there.
    • Two hunters help her father search. They call her name. No response, like all the cases.
    • The following day they are near a river and hear the girl's muffled voice and make their way there.
    • They hear a "huge splash" and out of the corner of their eyes they see a "huge dark figure" jumping into the river and swimming to the other side.
    • They see the girl standing on a log.
    • She's missing items of clothing. The father talks with her and asks:
    Where's your hat.
    Girl: The wolf ate it.
    Where's your gloves?
    Girl: The wolf ate it.
    Why didn't you call? Why didn't you say something when we called?
    Girl: He wouldn't let me.
    Did you get anything to eat?
    Girl: The wolf brought me berries in its hands.
    Paulides explains that:
    This story was in several different newspapers in 1783 [or] 1784, reprinted again in 1920s.
    ... In this [Missing 411] Eastern book there are several stories of kids being taken by bears. Bears that coddle kids, bears that feed the kids. But specifically this girl said a wolfe. And it was a giant wolf.
    Quote The Little Wanderer
    Alice Rachel Peck, aged 3 years and four months, wandered away from her home in Burn's Valley, Thursday August 25th 1898, in search for her mother, who went on an errand. The little girl traveled an old and unused bark road, climbed over a high and very rough mountain and there, worn out with hunger and without bonnet or shoes, for three day and night had nothing to eat but a few huckleberries, while friends and neighbors were diligently searching for her or her remains.
    She was found on Sunday morning, August 28th at half past seven o'clock, by William Bair, sound and well. She neither smiled or cried as two hundred voices rang out the glad tidings of great joy, five miles from her home, in the mountains.
    While her parents were in great agony at home, they were soon relieved when hearing the many voices and trumpets, proclaiming that the lost had been found. On the same morning the child was found and in the same vicinity, from 8 until half past 11 o'clock, 13 rattlers, 2 vipers and 2 copperheads were killed.
    All returned happy, but some were very near worn out. The majority of those who participated in the child hunt saved their canes as relics of the day.
    Mark H. wrote in and said this:This is a copy of an old newspaper article. A friend posted this on a community Facebook page we belong. My brother-in-law had told me a longer version several years ago. The news clip seemed shorter than his version. ....
    His grandmother was the Alice's younger sister. The reporter makes it sound like a light-hearted adventure. They were picking berries with a group. Her mother left and went back to the house for some reason. When she came back, the group had thought that the girl had been with her mother. She had her shoes and bonnet when last seen. The area hasn't changed much since then. It has basic Pa. mountain terrain with enough dirt between the boulders and rocks to grow trees and mountain laurel. You have to crawl under or walk on top of it. Her uncle wasn't buying she traveled to where they found her on her own.
    Alice was asked how she got over those big rocks. She told him "the big black man helped her." That's all she could tell him. If it had been a black man in that area back then, he would have been well-known by the residents
    Last edited by DNA; 28th January 2019 at 21:19.

8. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

avid (28th January 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (29th January 2019), Billy (4th February 2019), Bob (28th January 2019), Constance (28th January 2019), DeDukshyn (28th January 2019), Forest Denizen (28th January 2019), Franny (30th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (29th January 2019), Jad (29th January 2019), jjjones (28th January 2019), justntime2learn (17th February 2019), Nasu (29th January 2019), Pam (29th January 2019), RunningDeer (28th January 2019), Sadieblue (29th January 2019), Spellbound (29th January 2019), Stephanie (17th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th January 2019), Tam (5th February 2019), toppy (29th January 2019), Tyy1907 (4th February 2019), Zanshin (29th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Big foot outlaw radio is talking about this exact disappearance and coming to the same conclusion I did. Some good listening here.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

avid (4th February 2019), Billy (4th February 2019), Forest Denizen (5th February 2019), Hym (4th February 2019), justntime2learn (17th February 2019), Mike (4th February 2019), Spellbound (7th February 2019), Stephanie (17th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Haven't listened this one yet.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Forest Denizen (17th February 2019), justntime2learn (17th February 2019), Mike (17th February 2019), Stephanie (17th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread