+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Connection to nature

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Default Connection to nature

MY question: IF a person was born and grows up in nature, is he more connected to natures spirit than the ones born in the city?

The answer seems suddenly become obvious to me as Im typing this . But I will continue anyway. perhaps some of us if not all can benefit from this.

So I was the baby watcher a while back, 5 month old, and it occurred to me if it would be good for him to grow close to bushes or does not make any difference than the city dwellers.

I'm going to need your answer for a more accurate decision.
    The other question is : Did you grow up in the city or near the bushes?

you may answer one or both. Thanks

Julian

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Art (31st January 2019), Baby Steps (18th July 2019), Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Constance (31st January 2019), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2019), ErtheVessel (30th January 2019), Sandy123 (31st January 2019), Seabreeze (30th January 2019), TEOTWAIKI (31st January 2019), Universoul (30th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Seabreeze's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 594 posts

Default Re: Connection to nature

Yes, I think so.

People which grew up close to nature are more connected to nature spirits. As more time you spend in nature, as more you learn from nature and have a better understanding into what nature is all about. I did not grow up in the bushes, but very close to it. I grew up next to a forest and did spend almost every day inside the forest. It was a beautiful time for me to watch forest animals, plants and trees growing, hide in the bushes and play hide and seek there. There is so much to watch and learn there all the time. Even a ant, a bee or a butterfly can be very interesting to watch.

We all come from nature and I think it is important to have a good connection to it. Everything in nature is perfect to me.

It just came to my mind...Sepp Holzer (Austria) did say it too - how important it is for children to spend much time in nature to have the right development and connection to it. He is a very interesting man and did learn all he knows mainly by watching the nature around him. He was one of the first people who started the permaculture farming. Many things he says, are very amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7F8gczt9qk Sepp Holzer: We are being raised to become Lemmings! (English subtitles)
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 30th January 2019 at 17:33.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Art (31st January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Bubu (30th January 2019), Constance (31st January 2019), deborah7371 (22nd February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2019), ErtheVessel (30th January 2019), OldArcher (16th July 2019), Sandy123 (31st January 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Hi Bubu.

I grew up in a small city but our childhood lives were spent in the forests, meadows, ponds and lakeshore. We never even put shoes on for two months during summer. Feet would be filthy by bedtime. We would leave the house shortly after breakfast and often not be seen again until minutes before dinner...one of our parents would walk to the end of the backyard and call into the woods for us.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 30th January 2019 at 14:11.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Art (31st January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Bubu (30th January 2019), Constance (31st January 2019), ErtheVessel (30th January 2019), OldArcher (16th July 2019), Sandy123 (31st January 2019), Seabreeze (30th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

I too grew up in a small city, but spent every chance outdoors. We played by creeks and in woods. The pull of nature was huge. Without any real evidence it does seem that a child growing up around trees and bushes would be happier and healthier than a child who was reared in a concrete jungle.

The energy of nature is palpable. It is vital and integral to proper development and growth. Just look at the Earthing craze. People are desperate to get in touch with God and Mother Nature.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Art (31st January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Bob (30th January 2019), Bubu (30th January 2019), Constance (31st January 2019), Ernie Nemeth (30th January 2019), ErtheVessel (30th January 2019), OldArcher (16th July 2019), Sandy123 (31st January 2019), Seabreeze (30th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Sandy123's Avatar
    Thanks

I think having a mother or father that can show you the wonders of nature can help you appreciate it, but it also comes naturally. Of my three sisters I was the outdoor girl playing at the train track's with my ear to the metal, at the river playing with the water, tadpoles and frogs. At 15 years old I was lucky enough to take a week long rafting trip down the Yampa Green river and it opened my eyes, my heart to the beauty and wonders of nature.
    I do feel sorry for the children today because open fields are disappearing into concrete jungles and the need to travel further and further to get away. Nature is so powerful, peaceful and healing. "Nature is the gate which gratefully opens to those who admire it" S.E.S. Prayer.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sandy123 For This Post:

Art (31st January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Bubu (30th January 2019), Constance (31st January 2019), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2019), ErtheVessel (30th January 2019), OldArcher (16th July 2019), Seabreeze (30th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Thanks everyone for sharing, You all have reminded all of those who visited this thread, the beauty of nature and perhaps to go back to it.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Art (31st January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Constance (31st January 2019), OldArcher (16th July 2019), Rosemarie (31st January 2019), Sandy123 (31st January 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member OldArcher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    MY question: IF a person was born and grows up in nature, is he more connected to natures spirit than the ones born in the city?

The answer seems suddenly become obvious to me as Im typing this . But I will continue anyway. perhaps some of us if not all can benefit from this.

So I was the baby watcher a while back, 5 month old, and it occurred to me if it would be good for him to grow close to bushes or does not make any difference than the city dwellers.

I'm going to need your answer for a more accurate decision.
    The other question is : Did you grow up in the city or near the bushes?

you may answer one or both. Thanks

Julian
    Hello! Very interesting post! Sort of reminds me of college, half a century ago, when we were quizzed about difference between "nurture" and "Nature." Since then, I hope I've matured, in becoming a Dowser I've sensed Nature more, with much greater sensitivity and appreciation. If we believe that EVERYTHING is energy, as in frequencies, vibrations, and so much more, then yes, those born and raised in a "natural" setting will be more disposed to being aware of, and acknowledge, the panoply that is Nature. Being a Dowser, I am most happy being outside. Why, you may ask? Nature is ALIVE, and even though we're not naturally aware of it, EVERYTHING vibrates, has its own frequencies, shapes, colors, mass... That's how one thing, or one person, is differentiated from another. Over the years, and I'm sixty-nine, I've noticed that folks that don't live in high density environments are more calm and relaxed, over those living in the pressure cookers that are big cities. Smaller cities, more calm. Perhaps other folks see things differently, but that's how I see it.

By all means, if you watch children, they too, are happier outside. Back in the days before video games, the only reason to be, or stay inside, was bad weather, or you were sick!

Don't know if this has helped you, but Dowsers are a peculiar bunch. We're all about the "good," and want to cure the "bad."

Carter
    Dowsing for Life! Dowsing gives and brings life, and confidence! There are NO unhappy Dowsers!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldArcher For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member OldArcher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Hi Bubu.

I grew up in a small city but our childhood lives were spent in the forests, meadows, ponds and lakeshore. We never even put shoes on for two months during summer. Feet would be filthy by bedtime. We would leave the house shortly after breakfast and often not be seen again until minutes before dinner...one of our parents would walk to the end of the backyard and call into the woods for us.
    Ernie, sounds like you had the perfect childhood!

OldArcher

PS- WOW! Wonderful to see so many that had perfect lifestyles in their youth! Many fora I've visited or been on, people aren't as connected with Nature! Thank-You, and very glad I'm here!

OA
    Last edited by OldArcher; 16th July 2019 at 19:42.
    Dowsing for Life! Dowsing gives and brings life, and confidence! There are NO unhappy Dowsers!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OldArcher For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), Blacklight43 (16th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread