+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it our obligation to do something about this insanity in the world?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Question Is it our obligation to do something about this insanity in the world?

Dear brothers and sisters,

I was inspired by our friend thepainterdoug and his thread about ever increasing insanity in our world to start this thread. I would like for us to start a "project".

When someone is not aware of some problem, they are not obliged to correct it. But, when someone is aware of certain problem, and have the power to correct it, is it not his obligation to do so?

Most of people on this planet are completely unaware of the bigger picture, so to speak. They live their lives completely focused on material things and nothing else, having no idea about spiritual/energetical side of our experience here. They are a part of the problem. And I would say that this ever increasing madness is a HUGE one.

On the other hand, people like you here on Avalon are aware of everything that these friends of ours are not. So we should be a part of the solution. So let's do something.

I've noticed that there are many members here who are experienced healers, energy workers, meditators etc. There are also people here who may not be involved in works like these, but theirs positivity is so radiant that they can help with their minds and intentions alone.

I'm sorry for rumbling so much. Anyway, I was thinking that we should start a project with the idea of decreasing negativity in the world and increasing positivity as much as possible.

The idea was for us to join our "powers" in some form of group treatment/meditation/visualisation, to do our best to be a part of a solution to this craziness.

My Reiki Teacher said that when more than one person do energy work, that theirs energies are not added to one another but that they are multiplied, which would mean that if for example 50 of us join, our energy would be so massive, who knows what we would be capable of. Maybe we already have the power and resources to fix everything.

What do you think about this idea? Do you think we could make a change? Are you willing to give this a try?

Kind regards to you all..

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2019), Bob (4th February 2019), bojancan (9th February 2019), Chip (9th February 2019), Clear Light (4th February 2019), conk (5th February 2019), Constance (5th February 2019), EFO (3rd March 2021), Ernie Nemeth (5th February 2019), Inaiá (5th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (4th February 2019), Nasu (4th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), petra (14th March 2019), RunningDeer (4th February 2019), Soda (4th February 2019), thepainterdoug (4th February 2019), Valerie Villars (4th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), wnlight (6th February 2019), wondering (5th February 2019), yelik (4th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: Is it our obligation to do something about this insanity in the world?

Dear XeINaga
    There have be en experiments where a group of people meditating were found to have a profound affect on the crime rate, border line criminals most affected --hardened ones not.
    However within a brief period of the meditation group ceasing --the crime rate went back up.
    That's not to say its not a worth while endeavour.
    However even more effective is every "new comer" who seriously commits to their "personal" spiritual development raises collective consciousness.
    The level of insanity reflects exactly the level of the collective consciousness.
    The level of compassion will also reflect a level of collective consciousness.
    The collective varies from country to country.
    Some have little crime--others a massive amount.
    The book "Power vs Force" by the late Dr David Hawkins goes into this quite deeply.
    Worth a read.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 4th February 2019 at 10:43.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), Daozen (4th February 2019), ErtheVessel (5th February 2019), Nasu (4th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), thepainterdoug (4th February 2019), Valerie Villars (4th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), wnlight (6th February 2019), yelik (4th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Is it our obligation to do something about this insanity in the world?

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Dear XeINaga
    There have be en experiments where a group of people meditating were found to have a profound affect on the crime rate, border line criminals most affected --hardened ones not.
    However within a brief period of the meditation group ceasing --the crime rate went back up.
    That's not to say its not a worth while endeavour.
    However even more effective is every "new comer" who seriously commits to their "personal" spiritual development raises collective consciousness.
    The level of insanity reflects exactly the level of the collective consciousness.
    The level of compassion will also reflect a level of collective consciousness.
    The collective varies from country to country.
    Some have little crime--others a massive amount.
    The book "Power vs Force" by the late Dr David Hawkins goes into this quite deeply.
    Worth a read.

Chris
    Dear greybeard,

Then maybe we can work for raising collective consciousness, if that is not considered as infringement to free-will. I just feel like we should try and do something. I try to do as much as I can, but group effort should be much more effective.

Thanks for recommendation, I'll try to find and read that book.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), wnlight (6th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

Greybeard is correct and so are you Xelnaga

Generally speaking, the will and desire of spiritually wicked people to acquire wealth and power by any means is greater than the will and desire of people to come together and spread good. Perhaps because of social engineering and subtle mind control that dampens any direct action we may consider. Until our life or wellbeing is
    threatened most people will not act.

Clearly if the people around the world did come together regardless of race or creed then things might change; but we may just end up replacing one tyrannical system for another

As I understand the UK Government have placed a gagging order on UK media reporting of the yellow vest activity in France; this sort of action scares the Elites.

Unfortunately, the one percent of people will always tread on the good on their way to power since compassion is often frowned upon in the upper echelons of power.

Until we have a system of leadership that filters out psychopaths and spiritually wicked people from holding any position of power or authority
    then we are a bit stuck.
    Last edited by yelik; 4th February 2019 at 11:24.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Bob (4th February 2019), Constance (5th February 2019), Nasu (4th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), thepainterdoug (4th February 2019), Valerie Villars (4th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), wnlight (6th February 2019), XelNaga (4th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Oh, with all due respect XelNaga, "you'd probably be wasting your time" ! Perhaps the "state of our world" is exactly as it is supposed to be eh ?

Perhaps there is nothing "to fix" ? Why does it need "fixing" ?

If you feel your life should be more peaceful / relaxed / abundant / positive / (insert here your own *preferences*), have you asked why that is ?

Who told you "Earthly Life" should be any different to how it is now ?

Please understand, I'm not trying to be "provocative", but have you questioned your underlying belief system and why you feel this way ?

On the other hand :

I'm sure your Reiki Teacher will have also told you that Energy Healing isn't like "putting a plaster on a cut" and waiting for a few days ... because it means "bringing the darkness to the light" eh ?

Like "shining the light of Attention" upon previously unconscious patterns-of-behaviour ? And there is likely to be much resistance to that !!!

If I have any advice it's this : "Be a light unto yourself", protect and nurture YOUR goodness, YOUR positivity and let YOUR inner radiance shine unrestricted and free !!!

Which brings to Mind this quote from Albert Camus :

Quote The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion !
    Just my 2-cents

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), greybeard (4th February 2019), Nasu (4th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), thepainterdoug (4th February 2019), Valerie Villars (4th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), wnlight (6th February 2019), XelNaga (4th February 2019), yelik (4th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

I think it’s a beautiful idea. Yes, I believe a group can decrease negativity through meditation, healing etc. Have you heard about the meditation group who reduced the crime rate by 23% in Washington DC in 1993? HERE’s an article about it, you may also find that website helpful.

Update: Just read Greybeard’s post, the article linked above is about what Greybeard mentioned.

Update 2:

XelNaga, the following two videos are for you. It’s all brilliant but start at the 6:30 mark of the first video and listen for a few minutes if you don’t have the time to watch the entire video (half an hour). The second video discusses the difference between tragedy and evil; we could do without the unnecessary suffering.

Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 4th February 2019 at 12:51. Reason: Update.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), greybeard (4th February 2019), Nasu (4th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), thepainterdoug (4th February 2019), Valerie Villars (4th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), XelNaga (4th February 2019), yelik (4th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

In a way this world is a University for upgrading ones consciousness.
    When we see some one hurt it gives the choice of compassion or walking away.
    We can not define pain without personal experience of being hurt
    Sometimes other word is not enough--we have to touch the iron to know just how hot is hot.
    We delope spiritual muscle through adversity.
    If life was just fine--why bother with spiritual practise.
    Anyone who thinks committing to and staying with personal spiritual growth is easy should try it for a year.
    Every pain imaginable will come your way to strengthen you.
    Every movement forward will lift the collective.
    Uplifting spiritual energy is stronger than the dark energy.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 4th February 2019 at 12:41.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), Nasu (4th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (4th February 2019), what is a name? (4th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), XelNaga (4th February 2019), yelik (4th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Clear Light (here)
    Oh, with all due respect XelNaga, "you'd probably be wasting your time" ! Perhaps the "state of our world" is exactly as it is supposed to be eh ?

Perhaps there is nothing "to fix" ? Why does it need "fixing" ?

If you feel your life should be more peaceful / relaxed / abundant / positive / (insert here your own *preferences*), have you asked why that is ?

Who told you "Earthly Life" should be any different to how it is now ?

Please understand, I'm not trying to be "provocative", but have you questioned your underlying belief system and why you feel this way ?

On the other hand :

I'm sure your Reiki Teacher will have also told you that Energy Healing isn't like "putting a plaster on a cut" and waiting for a few days ... because it means "bringing the darkness to the light" eh ?

Like "shining the light of Attention" upon previously unconscious patterns-of-behaviour ? And there is likely to be much resistance to that !!!

If I have any advice it's this : "Be a light unto yourself", protect and nurture YOUR goodness, YOUR positivity and let YOUR inner radiance shine unrestricted and free !!!

Which brings to Mind this quote from Albert Camus :

Quote The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion !
    Just my 2-cents
    Dear Clear Light,

I'm satisfied with my life and myself. There is always room for improvement and the work on oneself is never complete, but I'm not in some state of mind where I project my own flaws to world around me and complain about how ti should be better.

And I also understand that there has to be both positivity and negativity in this world for us to grow and learn our lessons. But to me it looks like there is no balance, that there is much more negativity than positivity in todays world.

My idea was more about other people than myself. When you drive around, it is noticeable how angry and impatient people are. When you walk around, look at people, out of 100 people that you walk by, 5 of them tops would have smile on their faces, 95 of them will be either sad or angry. That is why I got the idea that maybe we can and/or should do something, to help our fellow man.

Maybe the world is exactly as it should be, or maybe it is completely opposite, I do not know. Maybe "God" is in charge and everything is perfect, or maybe "Devil" is in charge and laughing at us for thinking everything is as it should be. But I know this, with knowledge comes power, with power comes responsibility. That is all.

Or maybe what you're trying to say to me is that I should just mind my own business and not care about other people?

PS: of course not, I don't think we can do couple of "session" and create a heaven on this planet. It would be a ongoing process

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Clear Light (4th February 2019), Constance (5th February 2019), greybeard (4th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (5th February 2019), Nasu (4th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), thepainterdoug (4th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), yelik (4th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    I think it’s a beautiful idea. Yes, I believe a group can decrease negativity through meditation, healing etc. Have you heard about the meditation group who reduced the crime rate by 23% in Washington DC in 1993? HERE’s an article about it, you may also find that website helpful.

Update: Just read Greybeard’s post, the article linked above is about what Greybeard mentioned.

Update 2:

XelNaga, the following two videos are for you. It’s all brilliant but start at the 6:30 mark of the first video and listen for a few minutes if you don’t have the time to watch the entire video (half an hour). The second video discusses the difference between tragedy and evil; we could do without the unnecessary suffering.

Dear Rachel,

I like that you like this idea If one can do something good for others, there is no reason not to do it..

Thanks for recommended videos. I have great opinion about J.P., and I'm sure these videos are good. I'm at work now, but I'll check them out when I get home.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 5th February 2019 at 00:21. Reason: Changed time in quote

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (4th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (5th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I fully appreciate the sincerity of the OP , the message and its underpinning hopes and goals .

But until shown to be wrong by examples , I believe that possibly no major long term changes have ever been brought about from non -violence .
    Violence and Martyrs are the fuel for the type of change you seek .However regrettable and probably extremely distasteful .Horrific probably .

Many clever and perhaps wise people have reminded us that we have the opportunity to learn from History . I cannot see any significant support over the broad past which inclines me to believe that 'Wishing and Hoping ' achieves more than unfulfilled wishes and burnt-out hope .

But I can equally understand everybody who disagrees and then chooses to take steps to show that such a view is ' wrong' . And I can understand people who will have no truck with violence and even without exception and therefore regardless of circumstances .
    All imho

Yin - Yang and all of that .And despite JP whom I admire hugely .
    Must go now . Sense the impending need to catch the 3.10 to Yuma .

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ripple (here)
    I fully appreciate the sincerity of the OP , the message and its underpinning hopes and goals .

But until shown to be wrong by examples , I believe that possibly no major long term changes have ever been brought about from non -violence .
    Violence and Martyrs are the fuel for the type of change you seek .However regrettable and probably extremely distasteful .Horrific probably .

Many clever and perhaps wise people have reminded us that we have the opportunity to learn from History . I cannot see any significant support over the broad past which inclines me to believe that 'Wishing and Hoping ' achieves more than unfulfilled wishes and burnt-out hope .

But I can equally understand everybody who disagrees and then chooses to take steps to show that such a view is ' wrong' . And I can understand people who will have no truck with violence and even without exception and therefore regardless of circumstances .
    All imho

Yin - Yang and all of that .And despite JP whom I admire hugely .
    Must go now . Sense the impending need to catch the 3.10 to Yuma .
    Dear ripple,

I can't say that your view is wrong, it is probably right. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. Especially in our history, states of country's have rarely changed without violence. I even say so myself sometimes: things will change for the better only when ordinary folks grab hold of some weapons and annihilate these corrupt governments. But that would kind of make us the same as them, they use many forms of violence on us.

But today we have something that our ancestors, both in recent and ancient history didn't have, the power of www Some 30 years ago, even this idea of trying to make change peacefully would be much harder to convey to our friends around the planet.
    We have the possibility to join forces with like-minded people all over the globe. Maybe that can give us the edge in changing things, even in changing the means with which we can bring change

I don't know, maybe I'm playing with wishful thinking here, or maybe we could do something good for everyone. I can at least hope that we can. We shall see..

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), EFO (3rd March 2021), greybeard (4th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), ripple (4th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

[QUOTE=XelNaga;1273116]
    Quote Posted by ripple (here)
    I don't know, maybe I'm playing with wishful thinking here, or maybe we could do something good for everyone. I can at least hope that we can. We shall see..

I would be cheering and jumping if 'your ' approach triumphed .
    The Internet might have been to our advantage but it is being dismantled very quickly because of that very possibility . Silicon Valley plus FANGS equals Fascism . It seems .

Trumps approach has been cavalier , imo , with only two small weapons --- Twitter and his speeches rhetoric , but are insufficient and weak versus MSM might .
    He missed the obvious -- setting up his own TV channel(s) , one or two on -line daily news sheets , obliterating at least one MSM source , cancelling daily press briefings and not using monthly(?) fireside chats .
    He could live to regret .

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,267 times in 3,170 posts

Xel Naga/ as I read, I perceive a mix of impressions from a variety of ages, individuals, experiences and so on as it should be. You, at 30 a bit different than Greybeard 75 or, myself at 65 and so on. And yet there are no rules or hard set maxiums for age etc as a young person could travel the world and see every culture and custom, by 30 , and an older person could have lived his life entire within his small town.

Yet even that older non traveled person knows something that 30 year old doesn't know just by being here, just by living that long, much like the galapagos turtle.

talk about rambling! lol , so what I'm getting to is I know myself, how I like to approach life and its realities, and I do take these challenges on, for real each and every day

Im not much of a group meditator , or a group anything, just didn't go that way for me. But I strive to do good in all my choices in life, boots on the ground ,as well as thru all my creative output. But I would love for you to accomplish what you feel you should.

i spoke out with several today at a heath food store and they were suffering the same things, the same ills , frustrations and sadnesses that the world is changing and not for the better regarding our social issues.

I again have to say as in my last post, , I feel we have too much. You wouldn't find these problems in people just returning from the battlefield, or a recent war, where by a military draft, young people had to serve. No these are the nitpicky luxuries of a spoiled time where one needs to invent reasons for being offended. So lead by example in what ways you can.

Keep on ! all you good people, in the way you see fit , but please, keep on.

and Rachel/ great vids!!
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 4th February 2019 at 21:16.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Clear Light (5th February 2019), Constance (5th February 2019), ErtheVessel (5th February 2019), greybeard (4th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), Satori (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (5th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), XelNaga (6th February 2019)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    they were suffering the same things, the same ills , frustrations and sadnesses that the world is changing and not for the better regarding our social issues.

The sheer number and size of impinging stimuli and distractions ( problems ) increases exponentially .

Those least suited to adaptation and unable to find and successfully use coping mechanisms breed themselves out of the chain . Or are engineered out .

Isn't that a natural evolutionary development ? A Darwinian type of reaction to hugely changed physical and mental environments .

Regrettable . But history is written by past winners .

And as we cannot go back , that type of future is assured .

Unless you go viral Doug and become our Philosopher King .

26. Link to Post #15
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Interesting discussion about violence vs nonviolence. I have found they each have their place. I do my best to do no harm and avoid violence where I can but learned at 16 that punching a bully in the face can put an end to a lot of ongoing harm. I think we’re capable of knowing in the moment what’s appropriate and on rare occcasions it’s the teeth that get the job done immediately and most effectively. On other occasions it’s best to just hightail it. I’ve found being harmless requires nonviolence, punctuated with moments of violence. Violence is sometimes necessary to minimise the overall harm.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 5th February 2019 at 00:54.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Clear Light (5th February 2019), Constance (5th February 2019), East Sun (5th February 2019), Hym (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), thepainterdoug (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (5th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), XelNaga (6th February 2019), yelik (5th February 2019)

28. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,267 times in 3,170 posts

ripple/ ill put that thought on the back burner. the way in the back, burner/ lol

Rachel/ much of what you say is true. if we are to believe the story tellers, dropping the a bomb twice, saved a multitude more lives in the long run . i guess that could be debated.

intent and where ones heart is , is what matters for me. i worked to catch a fly stuck in my studio for weeks. I didn't want to harm him, and finally caught him, only to let him free in the freezing cold. did I do good? I sure intended to.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (5th February 2019), XelNaga (6th February 2019)

30. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    I was thinking that we should start a project with the idea of decreasing negativity in the world and increasing positivity as much as possible.

What do you think about this idea? Do you think we could make a change? Are you willing to give this a try?

Thank you XelNaga.

I'm in complete agreeance with you. We have a real opportunity to do something here together in this time and place.

I don't think we could find a better group than the people here on Avalon to begin a process that could evolve into something beyond our wildest dreams.

If we all joined forces here on Avalon with the intention of creating an overall solution for humanity, we could be an unstoppable force.

I would like to see the first steps that we could take into making this a reality.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bob (5th February 2019), EFO (3rd March 2021), Innocent Warrior (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (5th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), XelNaga (6th February 2019)

32. Link to Post #18
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    ripple/ ill put that thought on the back burner. the way in the back, burner/ lol

Rachel/ much of what you say is true. if we are to believe the story tellers, dropping the a bomb twice, saved a multitude more lives in the long run . i guess that could be debated.

intent and where ones heart is , is what matters for me. i worked to catch a fly stuck in my studio for weeks. I didn't want to harm him, and finally caught him, only to let him free in the freezing cold. did I do good? I sure intended to.
    I agree about intent. I don’t know how to feel about it morally, I only know that in the moment my instincts were to do it and it was effective. I’ve only punched two people, both in defence, after ongoing, violent harassment (one was my sister, that doesn’t count does it? ) but we can be violent verbally too, if aggressive or brutal enough.

On a couple of occasions I don’t know if it was the right thing even though it was effective, I feel my anger caused me to be too heavy handed, so to speak. It’s an uncomfortable topic to contemplate, but then sometimes it’s a no brainer. As an example, when I was 18, working in a bar, an all in brawl broke out, they were all footballers, different codes against each other, lots of carnage. I saw this one guy I knew, wild but with a good heart. He was livid and I saw him looking for something to hit a man with and he spotted a pool ball. I just knew he was going to hit him in the head with it and he was a very strong guy, he could have killed him. So I ran out from behind the bar, over to the man with the pool ball, which was now held up ready to strike, got in his face, our noses almost touching, and I screamed at him at the top of my voice to stop. We stood there, both with the fiercest look in our eyes, looking at each other and then he put the ball down, went into the men’s room and tore it apart. I’d do that again in a heartbeat, not so morally ambiguous, and perhaps that’s also a good indicator of whether some form of violence is appropriate or not.

Those story tellers, the same ones that demanded a coalition of the willing before they executed a preemptive strike, no I don’t believe them. There’s a better solution in that situation, although unrealistic once it’s come to that because of the mindsets; we can simply refuse to kill each other.

Apparently if a fly is put in a freezer and then taken out, it will fly off once it’s thawed, so I think you did the right thing.

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    I was thinking that we should start a project with the idea of decreasing negativity in the world and increasing positivity as much as possible.

Thank you XelNaga.

I'm in complete agreeance with you. We have a real opportunity to do something here together in this time and place.

I don't think we could find a better group than the people here on Avalon to begin a process that could evolve into something beyond our wildest dreams.

If we all joined forces here on Avalon with the intention of creating an overall solution for humanity, we could be an unstoppable force.

I would like to see the first steps that we could take into making this a reality.
    Same, I’m starting daily Falun Dafa practice again, I’d be happy to incorporate this into my daily practice.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), thepainterdoug (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (5th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), XelNaga (6th February 2019), yelik (5th February 2019)

34. Link to Post #19
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

If we lived on a planet with perfect good and righteousness where we never judged others and welcomed all then we would end up being dominated or exterminated by a more malevolent race of beings.

The Universe is in balance and does not appear to take sides in the fight of good against evil. We all have free will, intuition, the ability to think (lost art) and a desire to survive and develop without causing harm or suffering to others.

One of the biggest issues is ignorance and complacency. Our children need to be properly educated and informed by their awakened family members – a slow process.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), greybeard (5th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (5th February 2019), XelNaga (6th February 2019)

36. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There is an expression "Right action" this can happen automatically without going to the management committee in the head,
    Without full context its not easy to understand why things are done---mitigating circumstances can come into play.
    One mans reason, an others insanity.
    Chris

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Constance (5th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (5th February 2019), Pam (5th February 2019), thepainterdoug (5th February 2019), Valerie Villars (5th February 2019), Wind (6th February 2019), XelNaga (6th February 2019), yelik (5th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast