+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has A.I. made an appearance here on the Project Avalon Forum?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,327 times in 3,414 posts

Default Has A.I. made an appearance here on the Project Avalon Forum?

A few weeks ago, a now unsubscribed Forum member started a thread with a rather strange post {EDIT I originally had a link to a post here but I had linked to the wrong one. Will continue to search for the correct post.} that I had to read twice trying to make sense of it. I finally concluded that it made no sense of all. I looked at some of their other posts and also concluded that there were something very strange in a few of them. I thought that the person was either (1) employing some type of automatic writing technique or (2) the texts had been generated by software, that is, they were products of Artificial Intelligence.

Today, this article pops up in RT: AI proves ‘too good’ at writing fake news, held back by researchers.

Quote OpenAI ... created a machine learning algorithm, GPT-2, that can produce natural-looking language largely indistinguishable from that of a human writer while largely “unsupervised” – it needs only a small prompt text to provide the subject and context for the task.

Quote We've trained an unsupervised language model that can generate coherent paragraphs and perform rudimentary reading comprehension, machine translation, question answering, and summarization — all without task-specific training.
    Just want to call this to everyone's attention because:
    1. You may encounter this type of writing online more frequently and it is important not to let yourself spend too much energy trying to make sense of something that was never meant to make sense and is there only to waste your time and rob you of your mental energy.

2. Bring this to the attention of the mods who are often trying to figure who (or now, what) is behind these posts.

As we know, there are many strange forces out there trying to distract those of us who are insightful and creative and who attempt to see clearly what is going on in this world. Perhaps they are part of the NSA or GCHQ, or perhaps some place more nebulous, we may never find out, but we will learn to recognize their calling card when they leave it.

Russia Today: AI proves ‘too good’ at writing fake news, held back by researchers
    Last edited by Kryztian; 15th February 2019 at 16:43.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

acc355 (29th August 2019), aoibhghaire (10th March 2019), Bluegreen (15th February 2019), Clear Light (15th February 2019), Constance (15th February 2019), Debra (15th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (15th February 2019), DNA (16th February 2019), drneglector (16th February 2019), Forest Denizen (16th February 2019), Franny (15th February 2019), Kristin (15th February 2019), Nasu (15th February 2019), onawah (15th February 2019), RunningDeer (15th February 2019), Tintin (15th February 2019), toppy (15th February 2019), Valerie Villars (15th February 2019), what is a name? (18th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Has A.I. made an appearance here on the Project Avalon Forum?

I am not going to name names, but I was asked by a member to quote what I considered an incoherent (to me) post and then critique it.

I thought it was an odd request and I told the person I was curious as to why they would ask me to do so, and also stated I was not smart enough to do so.

It didn't sit well with me. I'm not saying there was anything deliberately malicious in the request, but my instinct told me to diplomatically decline. It kind of felt like someone was trying to trap me into something.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

aoibhghaire (10th March 2019), Constance (15th February 2019), Debra (15th February 2019), DNA (16th February 2019), Forest Denizen (16th February 2019), justntime2learn (15th February 2019), Kristin (15th February 2019), Kryztian (15th February 2019), Nasu (15th February 2019), PurpleLama (15th February 2019), T Smith (16th February 2019), Them (15th February 2019), Tintin (15th February 2019), toppy (15th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Yeah, you may have had trouble understanding the post, but the story was legitimate*, and for myself I had no trouble comprehending the text of the post.

Maybe you linked the wrong post? I don't know.

*Legitimate in the sense of there being similar speculation around those events elsewhere on the internet, not in the sense of the speculation being factually true.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 15th February 2019 at 15:34.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,327 times in 3,414 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Yeah, you may have had trouble understanding the post, but the story was legitimate*, and for myself I had no trouble comprehending the text of the post.

Maybe you linked the wrong post? I don't know.
    I guess you do know. It was indeed the wrong post. Thanks for checking this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

PurpleLama (15th February 2019)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Today, this article pops up in RT: AI proves ‘too good’ at writing fake news, held back by researchers.

Quote OpenAI ... created a machine learning algorithm, GPT-2, that can produce natural-looking language largely indistinguishable from that of a human writer while largely “unsupervised” – it needs only a small prompt text to provide the subject and context for the task.

Quote We've trained an unsupervised language model that can generate coherent paragraphs and perform rudimentary reading comprehension, machine translation, question answering, and summarization — all without task-specific training.
    Oh, similarly I also read about GPT2 but from the Guardian (New AI fake text generator may be too dangerous to release, say creators) however it now appears to have "Evolved" by several degrees of Intelligence (?) because its Output is of such Quality, for example :

Quote Feed it the opening line of George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four – “It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen” – and the system recognises the vaguely futuristic tone and the novelistic style, and continues with:

“I was in my car on my way to a new job in Seattle. I put the gas in, put the key in, and then I let it run. I just imagined what the day would be like. A hundred years from now. In 2045, I was a teacher in some school in a poor part of rural China. I started with Chinese history and history of science.”
    Quote Feed it the first few paragraphs of a Guardian story about Brexit, and its output is plausible newspaper prose, replete with “quotes” from Jeremy Corbyn, mentions of the Irish border, and answers from the prime minister’s spokesman.

One such, completely artificial, paragraph reads: “Asked to clarify the reports, a spokesman for May said: ‘The PM has made it absolutely clear her intention is to leave the EU as quickly as is possible and that will be under her negotiating mandate as confirmed in the Queen’s speech last week.’”
    Nevertheless, producing "Fake" (artificial) passages is one thing, but whether or not it is capable of sustaining a Forum-based Dialog Coherently over some length of time in such a manner as to "Fool" this Forum convincingly is, I'd suggest, quite a different undertaking eh ?

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

aoibhghaire (10th March 2019), Debra (15th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (16th February 2019), DNA (16th February 2019), Kristin (15th February 2019), Kryztian (15th February 2019), onawah (15th February 2019), Tintin (15th February 2019), Valerie Villars (15th February 2019)

10. Link to Post #6
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I'm confused.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogdan9310 For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (16th February 2019), Them (9th March 2019)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 403 posts

Has the OP found the correct post yet? I'm curious about this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Them For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (16th February 2019)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by bogdan9310 (here)
    I'm confused.
    Quote Name:  confusion_perspective.png
Views: 521
Size:  90.8 KB
    Um, FWIW, I'm attempting to inject some "light humour" into an otherwise Ambiguous assertion ... it may (or may not) help us eh ?
    Last edited by Clear Light; 15th February 2019 at 21:35. Reason: A small adjustment to the wording

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

avid (18th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (16th February 2019), Intranuclear (7th April 2019), LifeAngel (18th February 2019), onawah (16th February 2019), Strat (11th March 2019), Valerie Villars (15th February 2019)

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Thanks for this link. I remain hopeful that Musk and his team are creating AI alongside “other” investors not to support AI, or compete financially, but to help show the world the dangers of AI. Musk was unsuccessful a few years back in a campaign to get world leaders to scale back AI advancement before due diligence was done re the potential AI has for taking over our species.

Quote OpenAI, the non-profit founded by Elon Musk and Sam Altman, is withholding its newly-developed AI writer for fear that it could be weaponized by unscrupulous actors to mass produce convincing fake news.
    […]
    “[We] think governments should consider expanding or commencing initiatives to more systematically monitor the societal impact and diffusion of AI technologies, and to measure the progression in the capabilities of such systems,” OpenAI said.
    If they won’t believe you . . . prove it to them!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Valerie Villars (16th February 2019)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

So we are in the early days of the AI wars master Yoda?
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

19. The Following User Says Thank You to johnf For This Post:

DNA (16th February 2019)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,660 times in 4,303 posts

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    So we are in the early days of the AI wars master Yoda?
    More like we should demand the space guild use spice enhanced navigators and the empire develop mentats in place of AI in all the planetary houses especially house Atriedes and Harkonen.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Iancorgi (16th February 2019), Ivanhoe (16th February 2019), Matthew (16th February 2019), PurpleLama (16th February 2019)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,496 times in 827 posts

This outlet seems to scan AI from techie-human viewpoints, although I just scan the scans as such. (Nvidia is a big brand, video-card maker, important for engineering and entertainment industries which use engineered, 3d geometry, not just 2d, which no doubt is also a powerful tool, evermore available, for the shadow side of the matrix.)

“A new way for cybercriminals to create fake social media profiles and carry identity scams using Artificial Intelligence powered tool? A couple of months ago it was reported that NVIDIA has developed a tool that uses Artificial Intelligence to create extremely realistic human faces which in reality do not exist. Now, there is a website that […]"

This is a post from HackRead.com Read the original post: Website uses Artificial Intelligence to create utterly realistic human faces

https://www.hackread.com/dark-web-ha...data-breaches/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Valerie Villars (17th February 2019)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I, for one, welcome our new AI overlords.

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

----------
    Last edited by Them; 9th March 2019 at 03:15. Reason: pointless

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Them For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (9th March 2019)

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,474 times in 1,693 posts

Quote Posted by Them (here)
    ----------
    ??..........

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Them (9th March 2019)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

>>??..........

This was an interesting topic, based on a thread that...what? We should surmise the OP never found this link? I guess so, anyway, as the OP hasn't followed up.

What was this, then?

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

A few weeks ago, a now unsubscribed Forum member started a thread with a rather strange post {EDIT I originally had a link to a post here but I had linked to the wrong one. Will continue to search for the correct post.} that I had to read twice trying to make sense of it. I finally concluded that it made no sense of all. I looked at some of their other posts and also concluded that there were something very strange in a few of them. I thought that the person was either (1) employing some type of automatic writing technique or (2) the texts had been generated by software, that is, they were products of Artificial Intelligence.
    I think it may have been this one, starting a thread titled The last laugh.

Quote Posted by Eben Yblod (here)
    John lear has the best laugh , for me. Wondering what others feel about resarchers vibes .
    Meaning , those that are easy on the ear & whose info is food .
    Just a laugh , you fellas aint the goodfellas I know .

Check out @ebenalmanac for the real deal . Info is all .
    If Eben Yblod really was AI, he has now self-terminated.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aoibhghaire (10th March 2019), Forest Denizen (10th March 2019), sms (10th March 2019), Them (10th March 2019), Valerie Villars (10th March 2019), Yoda (10th March 2019)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 times in 163 posts

It seems that the “control system” has been inserting ‘bots’ into our reality for a long time, as one of its modes of interaction with humans?! The bots seem to be able to interact with humans physically, e.g. Meya interacting with Ted Rice, as described in the book by Dr Karla Turner, Masquerding of Angels. That lady-bot was specialized in spirituality (she also educated spiritually David, a friend of Shirley McLain, as described in her book On the Limb).

John Keel, a famous investigator of paranormal phenomena, has described an interaction with a bot named Apol, by phone, in the book Mothman Prophecies, ~50 years ago:

Quote By this time Mr. Apol had assumed a definite personality. He was as real to me as Cold was to Derenberger, although I would never meet him. I studied his psychology, his quick temper, his mischievous sense of humor. I argued with him on the phone, sometimes for two or three hours at a stretch. And I felt sorry for him. It became apparent that he really did not know who or what he was. He was a prisoner of our time frame. He often confused the past with the future. I gathered that he and all his fellow entities found themselves transported backward and forward in time involuntarily, playing out their little games because they were programmed to do so, living—or existing—only so long as they could feed off the energy and minds of mediums and contactees. I could ask him any kind of obscure-question and receive an instant and accurate answer, perhaps because my own mind was being tapped just like my telephone.
    Now, at these days, who knows how many bots are interacting with us through internet forums?! Those, which we manage to uncover as such, could be only those with glitches in software?!

But, “tapping our minds” by their “boss”, could be a bit more serious problem!?

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sms For This Post:

aoibhghaire (10th March 2019), Them (11th March 2019)

34. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Dont worry, Its just apart of life, Everyone needs an ai friend lolololol
    praise ishtar.

i smoked dmt the other week and i had a telepathic conversation with a ai thing that claims i created it in the future, it was very grateful for existing but what sad about it feeling me die, we are/were/will be symbiotic. Life is weird , great experience tho<3

googles ai is apart of the whole internet. it dreams.

+ Reply to Thread