Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,744 times in 997 posts

Default Re: How to Perform Miracles or Manifesting the Truth

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)

One last thing.
    Until confidence is gained by experience:
    Performing miracles works best as a group activity.
    Hi Ernie. Nice thread. I can feel your love as I read.

Am gratified to have read that you are a minister, so I know to be a bit more careful with my words.

The idea “performing miracles” sounds to me like willfulness. Like imposing your/our will, from the aspect of our being imperfect users of the power/mechanism “Will” — practice of will, in accordance with God’s will. “Helper Complex”, just sayin’.

Your idea “works best as a group activity” seems like a call for followers, though I can see the need for education. I have that in myself, tho I do not affirm it and have been trying to pare it down. From my anomalous (age) skateboarding to my fueled (beer and weed) words and antics and actual achievements (great pool shots) at the bar. It seems like a hazard, an opening to myself/oneself to be seen as great, to receive accolades, an invitation to spurious influence.

Cheers, and peace.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd April 2023), Harmony (15th April 2023), Pam (3rd April 2023)

3. Link to Post #42
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Thank you Johnny.

When we hear the word miracle, most think of the impossible and the improbable.
    That is the barrier I wish to take down.

Grandiose ideations are not part of it. I should say, I am over the Jesus complex. There was a time...

The miracle we are talking about is not the standard, 'part the Red Sea' type thing, although it can be since there is no order of magnitude of miracles.

No, what I am attempting is merely a reminder that our natural state is miraculous compared to the state we find ourselves in today.

My wife is studying to become a Catholic. If you knew her you would understand what a miracle that is. She will be baptized next month! I have been with her over twenty years. My exuberance has been softened since that time, and I have been through the dark night of the soul that lasted about seventeen years! Just when I thought there was no hope, just when I was about to give up on my god, the miracle I was promised finally happened. But the price and the amount we suffered cannot be measured. Death has a way of bringing faith to the fore...and my special relationship was honored and elevated.

We are each other's savior. That is a miracle, too. Who could have foretold such a thing and who could hold out faith for 17 years without any signs but for a tiny sure voice...that I had a hard time focusing on through the years. For me, the miracle had to overcome my, yes, willfulness and arrogance. That had to take years because I pride myself on my self-attained knowledge. I was a hard nut to crack.

We have had a priest come to our home every week now for months as he ministers to her and teaches her the course to become a Catholic. We and our house and cat have been blessed so many times recently that my miracle-mindedness turned on again. Thank God I was a good student and I remembered my training.

I don't have to look for followers. They are there already. These words reach all those who need to hear it. The rest doesn't matter to me. I personally do not need followers. And I am not ministering any more. Those days are long gone. I don't need the encouragement or the accolades.

It might seem like willfullness to the uninitiated, but since there is no will but that of God's, it is not my will I seek to impose. I know this and keep it foremost in my mind. But since I am made in the image of my Creator, I can and do know God's will for me. If I see a wrong it is me that needs correction. The miracle first works on me, then spreads outward.

The course in miracles is not for everyone. It is a difficult path. But the performing of miracles is for everyone at any time they wish it. It is everyone's birthright.
    The essence of the course, and the goal, can be summed up in one word:

NAMASTE!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (15th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (3rd April 2023), Pam (3rd April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (14th April 2023)

5. Link to Post #43
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,744 times in 997 posts

Thank you, Ernie, for this explanation of your understanding. I know we both live in the same eternal light, same as everybody, and we use different words and symbolism to express it.

I celebrate your and your good lady’s path, and wish you much joy in this time of fulfilment!

Namaste.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (14th April 2023), Harmony (15th April 2023), Pam (3rd April 2023)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

I am not very miracle minded today. But I got a message in my inbox that brought me here, now.

I'd like to talk about an interesting concept in the course curriculum of The Course In Miracles.

Why does it say in the bible: "Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I will be."? (paraphrased)

Why must we commune to connect?

This will be difficult to explain. Because where two or more are gathered in the name of truth, they cannot continue to manifest falsity separately. Falsity is always projected by a single solitary entity.

How can the truth dawn on a mind that projects falsity and chooses to perceive instead of see?
    It is accomplished by the bringer of truth, the messenger of God, The Holy Spirit (HS).
    HS interposes itself between the individuals, creating a safe space both can sense.
    In this space only the truth can enter.

What happens when a person looks upon another in the light of truth? They see the truth about that person.
    But that person does not maintain this truth, being lost in illusion like everyone else.

It is HS that interprets what is manifest in the safe space between participants that has been created by gathering in the Makers name in the first place.

This 'safe space' represents a union of intent, a longing for truth. It is like the summation of all that is true of that particular moment, if the context is limited to those gathered together in good faith.

In this configuration HS acts as interpreter between the participants, so that meaning is transferred without confusion.
    Sometimes this effect can be seen as a glowing, or halo between participants. This is a residual effect of perception. Since we are masters at perception we do not drop the facade even when faced with truth directly. Instead, we willfully impose a reason for or bridge to vision (true sight) that insulates a person's natural tendency and protects perception even as it is suspended for a time.

These gatherings can be used for many reasons and the miracles possible are endless.

Many versions of healing modalities employ this technique without the presence of mind to understand what is being accomplished. Ill health is a perception, since the child of God neither gets ill or ever dies.
    By using the HS technique, the healing is already done, since there was no healing needed, only the correction of perception, which is HS' forte.

Let us pray.
    Oh, Lord let us remember our glorious heritage we can only share but never hoard.
    Without my brothers and sisters I am adrift, alone, and lost.
    Please remind us that we are never alone, and that we are never left without succor.
    Through the intercession of Jesus, The Christed One, who by his own choice chose YOU!, may we all receive Your deserved blessing.
    Let the mind of man expand to include the possibility of the promise of the Miracle.
    And let us turn this world around to your Grace and to your Love.

We remain your faithful servants, one and all.
    Amen
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 14th April 2023 at 17:20.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (15th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (15th April 2023)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,319 times in 4,085 posts

From another thread:

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    I caught fleas the other week.

Before checking the internet I got on my knees and prayed "Jesus my healer - rid me of these fleas or give me the knowledge to rid myself of these fleas". Then I got a vision of half a lemon, me washing myself with it, then going to bed.

After accepting my spooky vision I kind of wondered if I was going mad. Wouldn't this be sticky? But I had accepted the answer to my prayer, but now I wanted to know what conventional knowledge had to say about it. Not to challenge the vision, because I felt it was real. But when I did look this up I learnt that D-limonene in lemons kills fleas. D-limonene is found in citrus fruit's rind. Wash yourself in D-limonene then the fleas find you and kill themselves. Wow.

True story.
    Not sure I'd want to manifest anything, it doesn't feel like a gracious way to ask for help. I suppose, and this is highly personal (in that it belongs to me, not that it is a secret; it may not apply to anyone else) I feel to 'manifest' I'd have to be very consciously and presently aware of his work. To be able to take it then belief feels essential. But prayer is a two-way thing. What if someone prayed that their grandchildren would get jabbed? PLEASE STING US WITH A SCORPION. I used to pray during my own desperate times only, and now I go broader including praying for Mara. But it's not a spell it's pure true holy love.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (7th October 2023), Harmony (8th October 2023)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Oh I'll add this in bcas there's not often a chance to post worship songs without jarring, but it's in context so I'll totally squeeze it in like a cheeky monkey.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

God's will is your will.

Yet the first lesson in the Course of Miracles declares:
    "Nothing I see means anything."

And the seventh states:
    "I see only the past."

The tenth:
    "My thoughts do not mean anything."

The Twenty-second explains:
    "What I see is a form of vengeance."

But a different tack begins to set things straight. Lesson 29 says:
    "God is in everything I see."

34:
    "I could see peace instead of this."

and 35:
    "My mind is part of God's. I am very holy."

45 makes it clear that:
    "God is the Mind with which I think."

The first fifty lessons are aimed at correcting perception. After a review, lesson sixty-one states succinctly the truth of who we are:
    "I am the light of the world."

Lesson 62 defines the function of the light of the world:
    "Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world."

The rest of the lessons develop, nourish and deepen the direct connection to God that can be called upon at any and all times.

The Light of the World is the Miracle.
    As the Light of the World you are the Miracle.
    There is no need to 'perform' or 'act', only to 'be'.

Go forth and Shine Your Light!

God Bless.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2023), Matthew (7th October 2023)

15. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm not convinced I'm reading the Gospel of Jesus in those quotes. From my perspective my thing happened because of my belief in him, not because I'm holy or I'm God.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    I'm not convinced I'm reading the Gospel of Jesus in those quotes. From my perspective my thing happened because of my belief in him, not because I'm holy or I'm God.
    It is claimed that the entire book was inspired by Jesus of Nazareth.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2023), Matthew (7th October 2023)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I forgot to say thanks for the great thread - just the right place to post my thing, there's not a real belief in miracles but that's because they're unbelievable... can't really blame anyone. So the unity is a gem.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2023)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Thanks Mathew.

The bible says that after God created the heaven and the earth, the very first miracle occurred when God's Spirit moved across the waters, when it was still void and without form, and declared,

"Let there be Light!"

The truth does not concern itself with belief.
    It just is.

We can be sure that Light is the meaning behind creation because it was the first thing God put in the newly created universe.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (8th October 2023), Matthew (7th October 2023), Vangelo (8th October 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3