+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Gnostic Christianity and Eastern Philosophy - An invitation to Private Study

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Truthster013's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Gnostic Christianity and Eastern Philosophy - An invitation to Private Study

Lately I've been craving a deep and meaningful discussion (debate if you must call it that) on the topic of Gnostic Christianity and Eastern forms of Philosophy and how they relate to the Western canon of writings we call the Bible and modern Christian thought. Namely I'm looking to discuss with someone well versed in the "Bible" whether the God of the Bible is actually evil (i.e. Gnostic Christians had that right), if our physical existence is merely a trap or prison to entrap spiritual beings, and the concepts of the ego or the illusion of self (eastern concept of Maya) in regards to enlightenment or spiritual awakening.

I don't mind debate if you want to argue with me that the Bible is accurate and Gnosticsim is a heresy but if all you want to do is convince me I'm wrong, save your time. I'm only interested in sincere truth seeking people willing to admit that they may be in error too (not someone hardheaded with an agenda). I have LOTS of opinions and am very well educated in traditional Christian thinking. I'm looking to discuss with others why I finally left that traditional model of Christianity in favor of a more Gnostic or eastern way of seeing the Bible and discussing that in detail.

Lastly I want to clarify that what I'm looking for is conversation with people about your personal thoughts and beliefs, not a study where I'm directed to watch a video or read a book. This is about conversation, getting to know each other, and throwing back and forth "what if" type questions.
    Last edited by Truthster013; 1st March 2019 at 18:25.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

enigma3 (28th February 2019), johnf (28th February 2019), Kryztian (2nd March 2019), Nasu (28th February 2019), OopsWrongPlanet? (2nd March 2019), Rich (1st March 2019), shaberon (1st March 2019), XelNaga (14th March 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

Default Re: Gnostic Christianity and Eastern Philosophy - An invitation to Private Study

Have you read the Gospel of Thomas? If so, how much do you understand? That's a good place to start.

I have read some Gnostic texts. They had it right, but not as regards duality and living in a body. The Gnostics did not have warm feelings for duality and the body, which is, as Buddhists would say, based on ignorance - not knowing. After full awakening it is realized that the energies of infinity infuse all levels of being, even duality. Thus the saying "heaven on earth". It would be nice if we could go back in time and "see" how many Gnostic masters were fully awake.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

johnf (28th February 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kryztian (2nd March 2019), Lunesoleil (2nd December 2020), Truthster013 (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (28th February 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Gnostic Christianity and Eastern Philosophy - An invitation to Private Study

Hey all, I have been monitoring this thread and see cool stats saying people are viewing it but no one is leaving a comment or anything. Even if you aren't sure what the hell I'm talking about, shoot me a comment! I'm assuming since you clicked on the topic it must be at least mildly interesting to you. So tell me what caused you to come look. That's a start! I'm super kind!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

johnf (28th February 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), yelik (1st March 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Thanks for responding. Yes I have read the Gospel of Thomas but not sure how to answer the question "how much do you understand". That's a kind of loaded and deep question. It's like asking someone if they have read the Bible and how much do they understand. People can argue all day that you must not understand if you didn't come to their same conclusion. One thing I find particularly difficult with the whole Gnostic discussion is that you can't really say exactly what all Gnostics think any more than you can give a blanket statement of what Christians think. Christians are all over the place with different understanding of the same verses and so do Gnostics.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

enigma3 (1st March 2019), johnf (2nd March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kryztian (2nd March 2019), Nasu (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (28th February 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

Gnostics.are.not.Christian.they.pretend.to.Their.main.god.is.Sophia.The.Gnostic.Christ.is.a.feminine .man.

Interesting.how.they.describe.the.Archons.but.then.again.their.mother.is.Sophia.
    I.think.Sophia.the.mother.of.the.Archons.is.pictured.as.a.mother.so.she.resembles.the.Saint.Sophia.t hat.adopted.Orphans

Sophia.is.a.mother.that.adopts.to.give.enlightment.discipline.and.feminism.
    In.the.end.you.will.burn.your.self(sophia's.enlightment)disciplin.your.self(she.will.torture.you)and .become.a.feminine.feline

She.is.the.Devil.friend.She.is.Lucifera.the.goat.mother.and.her.son.Lucifer.
    There.are.other.Lucifers.but.we.are.talking.about.the.Goat.one.

Gnosticism.is.a.way.to.renounce.your.true.self.for.Sophia's.enlightment
    Will.you.accept.the.bargen.

You.will.get.some.knowlege.as.gnosticism.means.knowlege.(gnosis)but.this.gnosis.comes.at.a.cost.it's .not.free.You.will.have.to.sell.out.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sparrow7 For This Post:

johnf (2nd March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Truthster013 (28th February 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Thanks for the response sparrow7. I'm not sure why all the periods instead of spaces in your post. Makes it a little rough to read. I do disagree with your statement that Gnostics are not Christians. It's like saying that any particular denomination is not really Christian if they don't agree with your particular understanding. Gnostics appear to me to be a fairly significant sized group in the day and age in which Christianity rose. The Gospel of Thomas which as been mentioned here for example has many quotes that ended up in the modern New Testament. Many scholars believe it was written before the books that quote from them and was their source document. I would therefore not use the phrase "they are not Christians". You may disagree with their understanding of some writings or perhaps more accurately you disagree with what writings they decided were most important, but history seems to say that Gnosticism was a form of Christianity whether most Christians accept it or not today.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

johnf (2nd March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kryztian (2nd March 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Truthster013 (here)
    Thanks for the response sparrow7. I'm not sure why all the periods instead of spaces in your post. Makes it a little rough to read. I do disagree with your statement that Gnostics are not Christians. It's like saying that any particular denomination is not really Christian if they don't agree with your particular understanding. Gnostics appear to me to be a fairly significant sized group in the day and age in which Christianity rose. The Gospel of Thomas which as been mentioned here for example has many quotes that ended up in the modern New Testament. Many scholars believe it was written before the books that quote from them and was their source document. I would therefore not use the phrase "they are not Christians". You may disagree with their understanding of some writings or perhaps more accurately you disagree with what writings they decided were most important, but history seems to say that Gnosticism was a form of Christianity whether most Christians accept it or not today.
    My.space.is.not.working.I.could.still.use.the.on.screen.keyboard.to.add.space.
    Laptop.keyboards.don't.last.long.
    My.new.keyboard.will.come.soon

I'm.not.talking.about.Church.Bible.Christians.I.don't.believe.in.that.and.I.am.not.one.of.them.Chris tianity.is.a.practice.craft.just.like.Buddism.is.and.not.a.religion.

Gnosis.means.fire.to.get.the.gnosis.you.use.the.fire.
    Fire.burns(your.soul)in.fact.soul.is.like.fire.but.it.blazes.very.strong.(too.strong)and.it.consumes .it's.self.At.the.end.you.get.your.knowlege.but.you.sold.out.and.burned.your.soul.

It's.something.I.would.never.do.on.my.own.accord.This.is.it.in.fact.you.have.to.agree.with.it.give.y our.accord

This.is.what.the.gnostic.practice.is."Soul.Burning"
    I.would.stay.away.from.it.

The.soul.is.allowed.to.blaze.as.it.is.solar.but.to.get.enlightened.(gnosis).you.have.to.step.on.the. gas.pedal.and.go.into.overdrive.
    This.stage.the.soul.consumes.it's.self.to.give.out.it's.knowlege(sacrifice.of.the.Christ)

Don't.be.stupid.Sophia.is.the.fiery.devil.she.will.use.gnosis.on.you(fire)to.gain.information.consum e.you.by.fire.You.also.find.out.things.but.what.good.is.it.to.you.if.you.have.4%.3%.of.your.soul.lef t.

She.does.this.by.infesting.you.with.her.children.to.start.a.revolt.(archonic.parastic.children)Child ren.light.up.fires.inside.of.you.

Every.one.should.know.that.the.gnostic.method.for.Enlightment.is.a.fraud.
    There.are.other.ways.but.it.takes.time.practice.it.can.take.a.life.time.to.undestand.some.things.and .your.soul.will.remain.intact.

Don't.sell.out.for.gnosis.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sparrow7 For This Post:

johnf (2nd March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Truthster013 (28th February 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

You.can.read.materials.draw.conclusions.
    As.they.say.take.the.red.pill.and.go.down.the.rabbit.hole.Take.the.blue.one.and.wake.up.in.your.bed. draw.your.own.conclusions.make.your.own.mind.up.

Red.pill.is.down.the.hole.Blue.one.is.making.your.mind.up.on.your.own.

I.would.not.sell.my.self.my.intelect.my.being.for.anything.They.can't.force.you.to.take.the.RED.pill .you.do.it.on.your.own
    Once.you.take.the.Red.pill.you.get.your.gnosis.but.you're.done.you.ate.fire.now.only.a.small.below.5 .%.remains.of.you.

If.you.have.to.fight.and.there.is.no.other.way.there.will.be.fire.but.it's.not.your.fault.so.only.th e.house.burns.down
    Oooopppsyyy.I.said.too.much

Sophia.is.not.one.entity.she.is.an.archytype.of.being.meaning.she.is.a.kind.of.being.a.spirit.type.A .fiery.Vampire.that.uses.fire.to.set.things.on.

Your.soul.is.like.fire.but.when.fire.burns.too.hard.it.go's.out.

You.are.only.allowed.to.mini.blaze.like.small.breeze.if.you.blaze.like.a.monster.then.it's.bad

Our.sun.in.the.skies.is.the.perfect.example.it's.normal.but.from.time.to.time.it.has.a.solar.storm.t he.sun.has.storms.
    If.you.storm.all.the.time.then.you.consume.your.being.
    Only.super.natural.beings.can.storm.all.they.like.RAGE.ON.and.ON.and.ON.normal.beings.die.out.

Cheers.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sparrow7 For This Post:

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

I've been contemplating how to respond to this last post. If all you wish to do is warn others against Gnosticsim, then we can leave it at that. Your warning has been noted. If however you wish for you and I to dialogue on this a bit, I may need some clarifications from you.

Quote Posted by sparrow7 (here)
    Christianity.is.a.practice.craft.just.like.Buddism.is.and.not.a.religion.
    I may need some clarification from on this from you. What do you mean by "practice craft" like Buddhism? What is your definition of a "religion" and why does Christianity not fit the definition of religion? How does it better suit the definition of "practice craft"?

Gnosis.means.fire.to.get.the.gnosis.you.use.the.fire.
    Fire.burns(your.soul)in.fact.soul.is.like.fire.but.it.blazes.very.strong.(too.strong)and.it.consumes .it's.self.At.the.end.you.get.your.knowlege.but.you.sold.out.and.burned.your.soul.......The.soul.is. allowed.to.blaze.as.it.is.solar.but.to.get.enlightened.(gnosis).you.have.to.step.on.the.gas.pedal.an d.go.into.overdrive.
    This.stage.the.soul.consumes.it's.self.to.give.out.it's.knowlege(sacrifice.of.the.Christ)
    Again, I'll need some clarification here. I would need a better understanding of what you mean by "soul" and how knowledge can burn out a soul. Further, are you suggesting that educating yourself destroys your soul? Does this also mean that the only way to preserve your soul is to remain ignorant and not seek knowledge? Perhaps if I better understand what you mean by "soul" and how knowledge can burn it, it will help. Lastly I do not understand your meaning behind the statement that the soul consumes itself to give out its knowledge and that this somehow equates to the "sacrifice of the Christ". Can you elaborate?

Don't.be.stupid.Sophia.is.the.fiery.devil.she.will.use.gnosis.on.you(fire)to.gain.information.consum e.you.by.fire.You.also.find.out.things.but.what.good.is.it.to.you.if.you.have.4%.3%.of.your.soul.lef t.
    Again, without a better understanding of what you mean by soul I cannot understand how one can consume all but 3% or 4% of one's soul. Can a soul be measured in percentages? What if I were to argue that knowledge only consumes about 23.5% of your soul? On what basis would you defend your math vs mine? How does one arrive at the numbers you are using?

Every.one.should.know.that.the.gnostic.method.for.Enlightment.is.a.fraud.
    There.are.other.ways.but.it.takes.time.practice.it.can.take.a.life.time.to.undestand.some.things.and .your.soul.will.remain.intact.

Don't.sell.out.for.gnosis.
    So again, I leave with thought. If all you want to accomplish is warning people not to seek knowledge, you have done so. If however you want to continue a dialogue we will have to delve into the above questions a bit deeper.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

johnf (2nd March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Nasu (28th February 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Truthster013 (here)
    I've been contemplating how to respond to this last post. If all you wish to do is warn others against Gnosticsim, then we can leave it at that. Your warning has been noted. If however you wish for you and I to dialogue on this a bit, I may need some clarifications from you.
    I.don't.believe.in.Bible.Jesus.But.Bible.jesus.fasted.practiced.meditation,abstained.so.that.is.what .Christianity.is.about.not.going.to.Church.and.listening.to.curch.music.Kissing.icons.and.praying.to .the.saints.
    Jesus.got.Chirianity.from.others.there.were.others.there.that.had.knowlege.prior.to.Jesus.like.the.E ssien.sect.and.they.got.it.from.others.
    Christianity.is.the.perfect.practice.it's.good.but.the.real.one.

I may need some clarification from on this from you. What do you mean by "practice craft" like Buddhism? What is your definition of a "religion" and why does Christianity not fit the definition of religion? How does it better suit the definition of "practice craft"?
    Yes.buddism.actually.is.a.practice.of.discipline.it's.a.martial.art.to.discipline.the.mind.

Quote Again, I'll need some clarification here. I would need a better understanding of what you mean by "soul" and how knowledge can burn out a soul. Further, are you suggesting that educating yourself destroys your soul? Does this also mean that the only way to preserve your soul is to remain ignorant and not seek knowledge? Perhaps if I better understand what you mean by "soul" and how knowledge can burn it, it will help. Lastly I do not understand your meaning behind the statement that the soul consumes itself to give out its knowledge and that this somehow equates to the "sacrifice of the Christ". Can you elaborate?
    Not.educating.but.the.art.of.Gnosis.does
    Art.of.Gnosis.is.a.practice.just.like.Budism.and.spiritual.practices(fiery.Alchemy)but.in.this.case. it's.a.practice.of.destruction.You.will.destroy.your.self.
    Some.practices.are.good.some.bad.

Quote Again, without a better understanding of what you mean by soul I cannot understand how one can consume all but 3% or 4% of one's soul. Can a soul be measured in percentages? What if I were to argue that knowledge only consumes about 23.5% of your soul? On what basis would you defend your math vs mine? How does one arrive at the numbers you are using?
    Yes.it's.like.an.elixir.it.has.a.level.it's.why.people.say"you.have.a.big.soul".thank.you.Meaning.yo u.have.more.soul.than.others.
    Then.there.are.others.that.say."you.soules.bastard.aluding.to.the.fact.that.you.have.no.soul.when.yo u.do.a.careless.thing.and.then.some.one.comes.and.says.HEY.HE.FEELS>SORRY.AFTER>ALL.meaning.that.you .have.some.soul.in.you.a.little.bit.afterall

Quote So again, I leave with thought. If all you want to accomplish is warning people not to seek knowledge, you have done so. If however you want to continue a dialogue we will have to delve into the above questions a bit deeper.
    [/quote]
    I.just.wanted.to.express.my.opinion.on.Gnostics.and.Sophia.that.is.it.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sparrow7 For This Post:

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I.just.wanted.to.express.my.opinion.on.Gnostics.and.Sophia.that.is.it.
    Excellent and thank you for participating in the thread.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

johnf (2nd March 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

Sophia.the.Wasp.comes.Drops.inside.larve.after.doing.a.fighting.match.with.you.to.make.you.give.up(a doption.stage)
    Archonic.Larve.incubate.and.then.after.coming.to.awareness.starts.conflicts.in.you.control.your.mind .parasitic.control.

Remember.she.is.the.archonic.mother.she.gives.rise.to.her.baby.wasps.that.hatch.inside.of.you.
    These.baby.waspens.then.start.fires.inside.of.you.to.depleat.you.and.renounce.your.self.
    Once.they.are.done.you.are.like.a.remote.controlled.cocuned.zombie.reciting.on.automatic.Gnosis.from .your.soul.as.it.bursts.outwards.forever.gone.(your.soul.that.is)

Now.give.me.a.hug.for.telling.you.the.truth.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparrow7 For This Post:

johnf (2nd March 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

I came from a family of devoted Catholics.
    Have you considered the third option which is having no religion at all. works for me.
    My enlightenment consist of everyday realization of things that I am doing wrong. Like I should be more accepting, caring, forgiving and loving person.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

johnf (2nd March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kryztian (2nd March 2019), Truthster013 (28th February 2019), XelNaga (14th March 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I have no doubt Jesus taught the Truth from an enlightened perspective.
    However churches have diluted and miss understood the truth.
    Eastern Philosophy (Which one?) is probably close.
    Mystics have the truth. Its within, as pointed to by Christ the Buddha and others.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

enigma3 (1st March 2019), johnf (2nd March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Kryztian (2nd March 2019), Nasu (28th February 2019), sllim11 (8th March 2019), XelNaga (14th March 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Have you considered the third option which is having no religion at all. works for me.
    My enlightenment consist of everyday realization of things that I am doing wrong. Like I should be more accepting, caring, forgiving and loving person.
    Absolutely. I did not mean to imply in any way that I'm desiring to find a religion to follow or practice. I have no need to follow a religion or lock myself into someone else's belief system. I'm simply looking to discuss the philosophical aspects of various religious traditions and ask questions as to "did they have this right?" or "were they close when they said....?" In other words, I don't want to be dogmatic and defend any religious system as having the 'truth'. Rather, I'm asking to examine some of these models and discuss what parts might be correct or not correct and what that means for a person who maybe is seeking enlightenment and not to belong to a "church" or "religion". I use Christianity and Eastern Philosophy because for me personally I have come to believe my own spirituality has elements of both traditions and I'm curious if others have come to the same sort of conclusions and if not, why, and can we learn from each other by talking about what we agree and disagree with?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

johnf (2nd March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Lunesoleil (2nd December 2020), Nasu (28th February 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

I want to first point you here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Christianity

It feels like you are actually talking about Catharism as that is my understanding of their beliefs: God of bible is actually the Demiurge and only of this realm which is the realm of evil and not of spirit or heaven. But then again it also sounds very much like Manicheaism. Btw there is a great Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval book about this very subject tracing the Gnostic roots of what you are talking about. I got it title "Master Game" but that is not how he actually released it. I am not sure of the real title.

My question to you is why do you hold on to anything from the bible? There is another thread about the bible itself as a book here that you can find if you look.

It would just say that the Septuagint (what you call the bible) and the new testament are very different beasts and if you are buying into new testament anything then you are actually following down the wrong path( my supposition is that the real betrayal of Jesus is changing the message of christ( see Peter as he did reject Jesus not once but thrice! and Saul of Tarsus who is such a monster that he had to change his name to Paul and add the title himself Apostle to rebrand himself even though he never was tutored by jesus ) and not the telling of the guards(Judas). What was Saul doing when he received his vision? He was persecuting Christians as Pharisee.

Betrayal requires countering of intent. Judas never countered his intent(message "I am the light, the way, the truth") but someone else sure did.

I would like to argue from Itism(The Church of the Non Referential It):

It is.
    It is good.
    It is bad.
    It is.

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I have no doubt Jesus taught the Truth from an enlightened perspective.
    However churches have diluted and miss understood the truth.
    Eastern Philosophy (Which one?) is probably close.
    Mystics have the truth. Its within, as pointed to by Christ the Buddha and others.

Chris
    Thanks for adding some thoughts. I might agree with you that what the man people call "Jesus" believed was more closely related to a 'truth' and that the churches that sprung up after his death have diluted his message to the point that it no longer resembles much of the original truth. I apologize if I added a bit to your original thought and that's not all what you meant.

As to eastern philosophy I guess I'll try to summarize. There is a basic teaching of Hinduism and Buddhism that there is one universal source to all things. Everything that exists, comes from the same source. To over simplify the blending of Gnosticism and eastern philosophy I would explain it like this. The one source is constantly dividing itself, creating new life forms, new realities, new dimensions, etc and constantly expanding. One of the things the universal source divided into was perhaps an entity (egoistic construct) which the Gnostics call Sophia. Sophia further divided into other egoisitc constructsi which the Gnostics call the Demiurge. This Demiurge further divided itself into egoistic contstructs and created a physical realm or reality which we call our physical universe. In order to maintain a sense of ego (or separateness from the source), each egoistic construct basically "forgets" what it really is. If we remembered that we are all the same thing we would lose sense of 'self' and become "one" again. So where this leads is that I see the "god" of the Bible as possibly being just one of these egoistic constructions who has forgotten that it is part of the collective. In that way he believes he is the only true God. In Gnostic teaching, this "god" is delusional because he does nto understand that he's not the "only" god but one of a collective whole. His insistance on creating lesser divisions to "worship him" is seen as an abomination to those other egoisitc constructions which realize we are all part of the same source. In other words, no ego construct should demand worship as if they are the only source because we are all part of the same source. Further, the Gnostics essentially taught that the demiurge has "trapped" spiritual energy in physical from and made us believe that we must worship him, etc. In that manner he is seen as "evil' by Gnostics and freeing people to understand their true nature (that we are all part of the same source) is enlightenment.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

angelfire (28th February 2019), greybeard (28th February 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Lunesoleil (2nd December 2020), yelik (1st March 2019)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Thanks for weighing in. I'll respond to a few select thoughts:

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    My question to you is why do you hold on to anything from the bible?
    That's a good question. Mostly it's because I have studied it my entire life and therefore I find it impossible for me not to consider new information in light of it. I often see a new piece of information and say, "how does this relate or refute what I studied my whole life". It's more of a curiosity and something to discuss because I know it so well. I no longer hold to the Bible as an authoritative source. I see it now on par with many other books of it's time.

It would just say that the Septuagint (what you call the bible) and the new testament are very different beasts and if you are buying into new testament anything then you are actually following down the wrong path
    To clarify, I personally do not call the Septuagint the Bible. Maybe you meant in a generic sense but I want to clarify that I myself do not call the Septuagint "the Bible'.

Saul of Tarsus who is such a monster that he had to change his name to Paul and add the title himself Apostle to rebrand himself even though he never was tutored by jesus ) and not the telling of the guards(Judas). What was Saul doing when he received his vision? He was persecuting Christians as Pharisee.
    Funny you mention that. I literally wrote a book on that topic. Not a well written book, but yeah, that's a topic I know pretty well. LOL

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

kfm27917 (14th August 2020), yelik (1st March 2019)

36. Link to Post #19
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

Eastern.Philosophy.is.for.western.People.Truthseeker.
    Eastern.Practice.is.for.the.Easterners.

Out.of.practice.you.get.your.phylosophy.and.the.westerners.only.hear.you.talking.about.it.
    They.only.see.your.talking.not.practicing.
    So.in.reality.they.have.no.idea.what.you.are.talking.about.in."essence.

Watch.what.you.practice.Gnosticism.is.not.Eastern.but.western.practice.
    All.the.masons.practice.it.all.the.Rosocrucians.and.so.on.They.are.gnostics.

If.you.want.to.learn.the.truth.you.have.to.become.an.easterner.and.stop.searching.truth.like.a.weste rner
    You.have.to.be.like.Clint.East.Wood.He.lived.in.the.west.but.his.name.was.East.Wood.

Meahhh.what.do.I.know.

Budda.was.cool.he.told.everyone"I.am.not.a.god"just.a.priest.
    So.Budda.was.part.of.the.eastern.phylosophy.so.this.hints.it's.about.becoming.rather.a.monk.and.a.mo nk.has.his.practice.

You.will.make.a.fine.Jedi.master.after.washing.the.wooden.floor.30.times.over.an.hour.for.the.next.5 .years.
    Practice.makes.good.understanding.
    Then.you.will.come.here.to.tell.the.westerners.your.Giberish.that.only.you.really.understand.
    For.them..it's.only.text.for.Android.Mechanical.Robots

It's.what.it.is.with.the.written.knowlege.it's.understanding.that.you.get.from.it.resumes.it's.self. to.a.minor.portion.

You.will.never.understand.as.a.truth.seeker.but.as.a.practitioner.
    As.the.masons.say.the.truth.is.reserved.for.adepts.and.practitioners.even.they.know.this.because.the y.do.practice.in.their.lodge.The.rest.are.intentionally.lied.and.misguided.(the.initiate.that.is.AKA .the.truth.Seeker)

We.live.in.a.world.controlled.by.them.and.their.masters.with.their.snakes.It's.all.a.sharade.to.make .you.search.for.lies.and.deception.leading.you.in.a.missguided.pathway

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparrow7 For This Post:

kfm27917 (14th August 2020), yelik (1st March 2019)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Eastern.Practice.is.for.the.Easterners. Watch.what.you.practice.Gnosticism.is.not.Eastern.but.western.practice.
    ....If.you.want.to.learn.the.truth.you.have.to.become.an.easterner.and.stop.searching.truth.like.a.w esterner
    For me this is part of the trap people fall into. People tend to become rigid in thinking western or eastern is right and the other is not and that trying to understand both only creates confusion. Rather I would say that understanding both may be crucial as often times the truth lies somewhere between two different sides.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

kfm27917 (14th August 2020), XelNaga (14th March 2019), yelik (1st March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast