+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Gnostic Christianity and Eastern Philosophy - An invitation to Private Study

1. Link to Post #61
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Gnostic Christianity and Eastern Philosophy - An invitation to Private Study

The Buddha only went halfway, he stopped at hridaya granthi bheda

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arn For This Post:

johnf (6th March 2019), kfm27917 (14th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 times in 163 posts

Default Re: Gnostic Christianity and Eastern Philosophy - An invitation to Private Study

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)

(...)I would have to agree that Gnosis without the proper grounding and protection can be very dangerous. (...)
    That would be in a way true, but if the interpretation of the “fine red thread” (as presented in my previus post) would be correct, then the “danger” would go together, hand in hand, with the awakening in the gnostic sense. When properly understood, it would also be logical, even on the level of our false consciousness. The “fine red thread” is also saying that the one (lie) has to come to the True (objective) by using the False (non-objective) or “through the lies to the Truth”. In the practice, as personalities in human bodies (false) we have to use our mind (false) to arrive to the Truth, in the illusion (false) we are inhabiting!? By all our logic, something like that, would be impossible. Unless, there is ‘something’ else here?! In other words, Pinocchio, as a puppet, needs to reach the human mind, to become a real human being, while thinking that the mind he is currently using is human enough and that he already was a human being in a real reality?!

Even Charles Forte, after completing his homework, asked the question, 100 years ago: “How a puppet can rebel against the puppet-master”?

So, what would happen if a puppet would cut the strings between itself and the puppet-master? The strings are also connected to puppet’s mind and the puppet-master controls and manipulates the puppets (us) through “our” minds. Why did Castaneda say (in his book Active Side of Infinity) that, the day when a warrior expels the “foreign installation” (personality), will be the saddest day for him, as there would not be anything there, anymore, which will tell him what to think and what to do?! Are we sure that we are the ones who do the thinking and who make decisions about our doings? (Again, why Eckhart Tolle has defined awakening as “a process of separation between the thinking and awareness”?!)

So, awakening is dangerous for the personality (false) in the illusion (false), because in order to become true or to objectify its existence, our personality needs to make a transition by ‘merging’ with the True, after which it can not stay the same as it was.

Quote As long as man accepts the principle of the final annihilation of his Personality without a fight, he can carry on in life without attracting the increasing pressure of the General Law upon himself. The case is totally different if he struggles to surpass the limits which it imposes. He then runs against the action upon him of this Law and its derivatives. It acts simultaneously on several planes: physical, mental and moral.
    (…)
    We will also find precious advice, based on accumulated experience over the ages, which is particularly helpful to students of esoteric science; because once the first positive results are obtained, those students will unmistakably run up against the active opposition of the law and the game of the Crafty One.”

(Mouravieff; Gnosis 1, pages 68-69)
    (…)

Quote “This kind of shock will never be lacking for those who work in the world. Indeed, to the General Law someone who ‘moves’ looks like a fugitive from collective work, and nature takes immediate steps—a whole series of appropriate measures — to make the rebel fall back into line.”

(Mouravieff; Gnosis II, page 210)
    (The “Crafty One” or the “General Law” would refer to the puppet/master (AI). And, that would be the next point of the “fine red thread”):

11. the seeker (the adamic man/woman) will also come under an attack by the “boss”, at a certain stage of his/her awakening. This could be easily understood, as his/her mind is connected to the ”boss”/AI and when it detects “suspicious behaviour”, it will apply a ‘corrective action’ in order to return the ‘rebel’ back to the herd, or to derail him/her. (There are numerous ways how the control system does it, some of which have been described – here).

However, by that time, a gnostic seeker would be aware that there is nothing ‘good’ or ‘bad’, ‘positive’ or ‘negative’, per se, in this reality which is based on a false dualism; i.e. he/she may use those attacks or the “bad” situation he/she is in, positively, as he/she must overcome it. Although those (“hyper-dimensional”) attacks may produce a lot of damage, they are necessary for the gnostic seeker in order to realize on a deeper level, that he/she was dealing with an AI, which keeps attacking his/her personality, while he/she is not his/her personality. He/she will be able to demonstrate that only false part of his/her being can be attacked by the false/the boss/AI, by switching off his/her personality, when necessary, by stopping the thoughts and moving into awareness only; i.e. being aware of the moment he/she is in and all the happenings inside and outside, while the mind is completely quiet. (Here, the books the Power of Now, Silence Speaks and New Earth, by E. Tolle, might be helpful?!). So, it is a question if we would be able to realize who/what we are and what we are dealing with here…. without those ‘dangerous’ attacks carried out by the puppet-master?!
    Last edited by sms; 6th March 2019 at 02:50.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sms For This Post:

johnf (6th March 2019), Journeyman (2nd December 2020), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), petra (14th March 2019), Valerie Villars (6th March 2019), XelNaga (14th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,045 times in 4,061 posts

Quote Posted by Arn (here)
    Can you expound this?

If it is an Agni or Nath assertion, any of that is available to us. The way I would understand it, hrdaya granthi or "heart knot" would be considered more of a beginning than a stopping point.

Whether any of this is dangerous, yes, I suppose that is part of the price of trying. I think what a lot of the Eastern, and probably Western, systems are trying to say, is that the real person is in the heart, and more or less we seek to stop the mind as we know it. It's more or less a switch that allows that person to operate or not.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

johnf (8th March 2019), Journeyman (2nd December 2020), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), petra (14th March 2019), Valerie Villars (8th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Quote Posted by sparrow7 (here)
    Gnostics.are.not.Christian.they.pretend.to.Their.main.god.is.Sophia.The.Gnostic.Christ.is.a.feminine .man.

Interesting.how.they.describe.the.Archons.but.then.again.their.mother.is.Sophia.
    I.think.Sophia.the.mother.of.the.Archons.is.pictured.as.a.mother.so.she.resembles.the.Saint.Sophia.t hat.adopted.Orphans

Sophia.is.a.mother.that.adopts.to.give.enlightment.discipline.and.feminism.
    In.the.end.you.will.burn.your.self(sophia's.enlightment)disciplin.your.self(she.will.torture.you)and .become.a.feminine.feline

She.is.the.Devil.friend.She.is.Lucifera.the.goat.mother.and.her.son.Lucifer.
    There.are.other.Lucifers.but.we.are.talking.about.the.Goat.one.

Gnosticism.is.a.way.to.renounce.your.true.self.for.Sophia's.enlightment
    Will.you.accept.the.bargen.

You.will.get.some.knowlege.as.gnosticism.means.knowlege.(gnosis)but.this.gnosis.comes.at.a.cost.it's .not.free.You.will.have.to.sell.out.
    Dear sparrow7,

Would you be so kind to tell me where did you get your knowledge/opinions about Gnosticism and Sophia?

I've read a lot about that topic, but have never encountered these things/thoughts about it.

PS: I hope you got your new magic-keyboard, that mental one seems pretty exhausting

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Journeyman (2nd December 2020), kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Valerie Villars (14th March 2019)

9. Link to Post #65
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by sms (here)
    So, it is a question if we would be able to realize who/what we are and what we are dealing with here…. without those ‘dangerous’ attacks carried out by the puppet-master?!
    I don't think I would have. These attacks could also be seen as glitches too, I think so. I don't think they're "supposed to happen" - which is why the AI wants to fix it right away.

In my case it was so ridiculous I remember thinking "This is too stupid to be real!", and I was going around muttering about the world not being real for a while too.

Out of all the suspicious stuff, here are the ones I found most suspicious (I may be missing a few)

- My friends & family giving me "evil looks"
    - Inordinate amount of "bad luck" all at once
    - Thoughts talking to one another
    - Handwriting changing / difficulty spelling words
    - Seeing imagery with my eyes shut
    - Edit: one more - Rubbing my hands together like I'm going to win.... for no apparent reason
    Last edited by petra; 14th March 2019 at 15:54. Reason: Supposed to happen needed some "quotes" around it

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

kfm27917 (14th August 2020), Valerie Villars (14th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #66
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Can you expound this?
    Hey, yes this is definitely a Nath assertion. The Buddha went halfway, he stopped at the void. He was conscious of the void but not conscious of the time. At least nowhere in any of the Buddhas writings or text is time consciousness discussed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arn For This Post:

kfm27917 (14th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #67
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,222 times in 1,147 posts

This is a great exchange from which I've learned a lot. This for instance:

Quote Posted by Arn (here)
    Can you expound this?

If it is an Agni or Nath assertion, any of that is available to us. The way I would understand it, hrdaya granthi or "heart knot" would be considered more of a beginning than a stopping point.

Whether any of this is dangerous, yes, I suppose that is part of the price of trying. I think what a lot of the Eastern, and probably Western, systems are trying to say, is that the real person is in the heart, and more or less we seek to stop the mind as we know it. It's more or less a switch that allows that person to operate or not.

Does 'stop the mind' equate to silencing the ego? That's a recurrent theme I've found in other spiritual writings, or at least I think that's what it means?

14. Link to Post #68
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Quote Posted by enigma3 (here)
    Have you read the Gospel of Thomas? If so, how much do you understand? That's a good place to start.

I have read some Gnostic texts. They had it right, but not as regards duality and living in a body. The Gnostics did not have warm feelings for duality and the body, which is, as Buddhists would say, based on ignorance - not knowing. After full awakening it is realized that the energies of infinity infuse all levels of being, even duality. Thus the saying "heaven on earth". It would be nice if we could go back in time and "see" how many Gnostic masters were fully awake.
    I didn't know the Thomas Gospels.
    In the New Testament there are:
    the gospels of Matthew
    the gospels of Mark
    the gospels of Luke
    the gospels of John
    http://translate.google.com/translat...html&sandbox=1

Thank you for discovering the gospel of Thomas

http://translate.google.com/translat...ulti-Bible.php
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 2nd December 2020 at 13:56.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4