+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Documentary] The Spider's Web: Britain's Second Empire

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,022 times in 643 posts

Default [Documentary] The Spider's Web: Britain's Second Empire

Apologies if this has been posted before. An excellent expose of how the City of London Corp (within the city of London) have manipulated the financial markets and in particular - tax havens to dominate the global financial markets in secrecy as the British Empire has reduced in size over the years, it has still held dominance in the financial markets by using secrecy and complexity in Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar and British Virgin islands.

Also interesting in the context of BREXIT with EUROPE wanting greater transparency and a central world register of offshore companies and Trusts, which the British Establishment don't want to follow especially after the release of the Panama Papers et al.

A good quote shared in the video "Ordinary People Pay Taxes. The Rich Do Not."

Worth getting a coffee, and getting comfy in your favourite chair for this one. Quite enlightening

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

AndrejPeĉėnkin (6th March 2019), avid (5th March 2019), Bill Ryan (6th March 2019), chris_walker (6th March 2019), Debra (7th March 2019), genevieve (6th March 2019), koundinya (9th March 2019), meeradas (8th March 2019), mountain_jim (7th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019), Pam (6th March 2019), pluton (7th March 2019), scanner (5th March 2019), snoman (5th March 2019), Star Tsar (5th March 2019), Tintin (6th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019), yelik (5th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: [Documentary] The Spider's Web: Britain's Second Empire

I watched it and it's brilliant. I like the concept as I believe taxation = theft. Taxation, especially in western countries, also goes to the government thieves to enable them to cause murder and mayhem throughout the world. In that sense, we as taxpayers, fund murder and mayhem.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

AndrejPeĉėnkin (6th March 2019), Bill Ryan (6th March 2019), Debra (7th March 2019), mountain_jim (7th March 2019), Pam (6th March 2019), scotslad (6th March 2019), Tintin (6th March 2019), Valerie Villars (6th March 2019), yelik (6th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,596 times in 5,413 posts

Thank you scotslad, and, really no apology necessary

Highly recommended viewing. I have seen this before and have had a copy available for the Avalon Library for some time now (this is a reminder for me to get on with putting it there!).

If anybody has yet to watch The Corporation or Four Horsemen, both of which are in the Avalon Library then I'd strongly recommend that those are viewed as well - they work as companion viewing and are highly informative.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

AndrejPeĉėnkin (6th March 2019), Bill Ryan (6th March 2019), Debra (7th March 2019), genevieve (6th March 2019), Justplain (7th March 2019), mountain_jim (7th March 2019), scotslad (6th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The money deposited in the banks of Cayman Islands alone represents no less than 2% of the world GDP. To see the whole picture, the video should have mentioned an estimate of how much money is stashed in other offshore banking places that the financial elite established.

+ Reply to Thread