+ Reply to Thread

Thread: “Relationships! Let's Talk About it” a podcast

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member kudzy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default “Relationships! Let's Talk About it” a podcast

Hi Folks, my neighbor and friend Pripo Teplitsky started his own free podcast called “Relationships! Let's Talk About it”. Below is a short intro, bio, and links to his website. It’s up to over 30 episodes with lots of helpful wisdom. Check it out.

Exploring and discussing a variety of relationship topics and issues for people in all kinds of relationships; including partnerships, family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, roommates and more.

I am a practicing Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in relationship issues working with individuals, couples, families and work groups. I earned a master's degree in counseling/psychology at Goddard college. I have worked with thousands of couples and individuals over the last 15 years helping to improve their relationships while cultivating healthier communication and intimacy skills.

https://www.heartsharecounseling.com/Podcast.en.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 17_15_21.png
Views:	61
Size:	390.6 KB
ID:	40316  
    Last edited by kudzy; 2nd April 2019 at 19:09.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kudzy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), Franny (2nd April 2019), Joe (31st March 2019), toppy (31st March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: “Relationships! Let's Talk About it” a podcast

My neighbor Pripo has a very heart centered compassionate approach to helping people enrich their relationships and their lives. Check out his latest podcast here:

Managing Conflict in Partnerships

My wife, Yvonne Rainbow Teplitsky is the founder of Artsy Goddess Studio, an upcycled clothing design business in Black Mountain. Yvonne empowers women to express themselves and helps them discover and connect with their unique authenticity as the host of women’s gatherings at her home each month and through voice empowering workshops. In addition to her work with empowering women, she also works with me to co-facilitate couple’s workshops designed to support couples and partners while helping them develop deeper connections and stronger relationships.

Yvonne joins me today to share a behind-the-scenes glimpse of our relationship and share how we manage conflicts and settle disagreements in our marriage. We dive into the origins of our unhealthy response patterns and identify the unhealthy behaviors that should be dealt with as soon as possible. We also discuss what to do when someone flares up and share several great strategies that will help you manage conflicts in your relationships and transform behaviors for the better.

“Our relationship is a living organism that has its own life. We have to nourish that.” - Yvonne Rainbow Teplitsky

This week on Relationships! Let’s Talk About It:

How we handled conflicts in our relationship early on.
    Why managing conflict is a better focus than resolving conflicts.
    Why conflicts around money are often considered ‘unresolvable’.
    How my perspective on money - and its use - differs from Yvonne’s and how we manage this conflict instead of trying to resolve it.
    The importance of being curious and interested about your partner’s perspective on a conflict or problem.
    The impact of wallowing and getting stuck in a problem or conflict.
    The importance of feeding positivity into your relationship - especially during a conflict.
    The art of apologizing and how it helps you manage conflicts in your relationship.
    The importance of taking accountability and responsibility for your mistakes during a disagreement.
    An example of how we resolved a conflict related to my frequent mistake of putting dirty dishes with clean dishes in the dishwasher.
    The importance of understanding the underlying issues that come up during a disagreement or conflict.
    Why contempt is considered the number one poison in a relationship.
    Why it’s important for parents to model healthy communication during conflicts.
    How Yvonne’s upbringing led to how she used to manage and deal with conflict.
    How to set safe guidelines around how you will manage disagreements in your relationships.
    The difference between having an intense emotion around a problem or issue and yelling.
    Why yelling is notan effective way to address problems, issues, or conflicts and what to do instead.
    Strategies we use to calm down during a heated disagreement.
    Why stress does not always equate being productive or working hard on your relationship.
    The importance of couples encouraging each other to take care of themselves and nurture themselves.
    Guarding yourself against the Four Horsemen.
    What cross-complaining is and some examples.
    Why you shouldn’t bring up “deal breakers” during a heated conversation - unless you’re truly ready to end the relationship.
    Tips on how to ensure that you share the power, time, and space with your partner.
    The power of touch and the right attitude when touching your partner.
    Why it’s important to talk about agreements on how you will fight and when to do it.
    Last edited by kudzy; 3rd April 2019 at 02:13.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), Joe (3rd April 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: “Relationships! Let's Talk About it” a podcast

Hi all,
    I just thought I’d this thread for anyone who might find this information useful.

Over three and a half years and 161 episodes and he’s still going strong.

Blessings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread