Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: Animals are Magical

Will the lion sees grass for the first time

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd July 2019), DeDukshyn (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (2nd July 2019), Franny (2nd July 2019), Iancorgi (2nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (2nd July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Krist (2nd July 2019), Kryztian (2nd July 2019), pyrangello (2nd July 2019), Rosemarie (2nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019)

3. Link to Post #122
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Moose have a hard time getting their salt requirements for an animal their size, just on a regular moose diet. They are always seen licking the roads and parked vehicles (coated in de-icing salt) in the winter in Canada - they get it any way they can.

They have learned and developed a rather ingenious way of meeting their salt requirements by noticing that water plants have a higher concentration of salt, and learning to dive into the water and forage the bottom of a lake. This is not instinct or intrinsic behaviour, in fact moose have to be taught to go in the water and how to swim by their mothers -- it is wholly a taught behaviour that is passed down from generation to generation.

So if you ever see a moose diving in a lake to forage the bottom, its mama taught it how to do that.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (2nd July 2019), Franny (2nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Rosemarie (2nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019)

5. Link to Post #123
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Scientists left ‘speechless’ by young Arctic fox’s amazing journey from Norway to Canada

RT
    Published time: 2 Jul, 2019 14:31
    Edited time: 2 Jul, 2019 15:53
    Get short URL

© Universal Images Group Editorial/ FILE PHOTO

Despite its tender age, an Arctic fox has made headlines, broken records and baffled scientists who tracked its blistering 2,176-mile trek from Norway’s Svalbard islands to Canada in a mere 76 days.

While 15-year-old Cori ‘Coco’ Gauff’s Wimbledon win over Venus Williams was undoubtedly impressive, this one-year-old Arctic fox may have made the most impressive athletic debut of the year, occasionally clocking nearly 100 miles a day during its epic intercontinental journey.

via GIPHY

Equipped with a GPS tracking band by the Norwegian Polar Institute, researchers were already impressed when the fox reached Greenland 21 days after its release on March 26, 2018. But the little critter was only getting started, eventually crossing into Canada’s Ellesmere less than two months later. With an astounding average pace of 28.5 miles per day, no fox has ever been recorded traveling that far, that fast before.
    The fox’s journey has left scientists speechless,” reported Greenland’s Sermitsiaq newspaper.

We couldn’t believe our eyes at first. We thought perhaps it was dead, or had been carried there on a boat, but there were no boats in the area. We were quite thunderstruck,” Eva Fuglei of the Polar Institute told local media in Norway.

Arctic fox (Vulpes lagopus) looking for food, near the Eqi glacier, north of Ilulissat in West Greenland. © Universal Images Group Editorial/ FILE PHOTO

Fuglei was working with Arnaud Tarroux from the Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA) to learn more about how the species survives throughout different seasons, particularly during winter when food is scarce. Upon arrival in Canada, the fox will likely skip Tim Hortons and stick to a diet consisting mostly of the plentiful local lemmings.

Unfortunately, the polar institute’s transmitter proved less rugged than the exceptional creature and broke in February… meaning we may never know for sure what it gets up to in Canada.

========================================

Illegal furry immigrant last seen on Axel Heiberg Island....
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (2nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), DeDukshyn (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (2nd July 2019), Franny (2nd July 2019), Hym (9th July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Kryztian (2nd July 2019), Omi (4th July 2019), Rhogar (5th July 2019), Rosemarie (2nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019)

7. Link to Post #124
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Scientists left ‘speechless’ by young Arctic fox’s amazing journey from Norway to Canada

RT
    Published time: 2 Jul, 2019 14:31
    Edited time: 2 Jul, 2019 15:53
    Get short URL

© Universal Images Group Editorial/ FILE PHOTO

Despite its tender age, an Arctic fox has made headlines, broken records and baffled scientists who tracked its blistering 2,176-mile trek from Norway’s Svalbard islands to Canada in a mere 76 days.

While 15-year-old Cori ‘Coco’ Gauff’s Wimbledon win over Venus Williams was undoubtedly impressive, this one-year-old Arctic fox may have made the most impressive athletic debut of the year, occasionally clocking nearly 100 miles a day during its epic intercontinental journey.

via GIPHY

Equipped with a GPS tracking band by the Norwegian Polar Institute, researchers were already impressed when the fox reached Greenland 21 days after its release on March 26, 2018. But the little critter was only getting started, eventually crossing into Canada’s Ellesmere less than two months later. With an astounding average pace of 28.5 miles per day, no fox has ever been recorded traveling that far, that fast before.
    The fox’s journey has left scientists speechless,” reported Greenland’s Sermitsiaq newspaper.

We couldn’t believe our eyes at first. We thought perhaps it was dead, or had been carried there on a boat, but there were no boats in the area. We were quite thunderstruck,” Eva Fuglei of the Polar Institute told local media in Norway.

Arctic fox (Vulpes lagopus) looking for food, near the Eqi glacier, north of Ilulissat in West Greenland. © Universal Images Group Editorial/ FILE PHOTO

Fuglei was working with Arnaud Tarroux from the Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA) to learn more about how the species survives throughout different seasons, particularly during winter when food is scarce. Upon arrival in Canada, the fox will likely skip Tim Hortons and stick to a diet consisting mostly of the plentiful local lemmings.

Unfortunately, the polar institute’s transmitter proved less rugged than the exceptional creature and broke in February… meaning we may never know for sure what it gets up to in Canada.

========================================

Illegal furry immigrant last seen on Axel Heiberg Island....
    Astonishing Hervé! Thank you so much for sharing

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

avid (4th July 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd July 2019), Caliban (3rd July 2019), DeDukshyn (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (2nd July 2019), Franny (2nd July 2019), Hervé (2nd July 2019), Iancorgi (3rd July 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd July 2019), Omi (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (2nd July 2019), ulli (2nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd July 2019)

9. Link to Post #125
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Our family dog.

She is a rescue dog and we have had her since she was a tiny puppy.

From what the adoption agency has told us and from what we can gather, she is a mixture of Shar pei, Kelpie and at least two other breeds.

Our family dog and my son love each other to bits. However, she has been difficult to train because she is by nature, a very boisterous, stubborn and extremely strong creature.

A little while ago now, I was taking her for a walk with my village neighbour when a rabbit caught her attention. Because I was busy chatting and I was not paying attention to what she was paying attention to, she made a dash for the rabbit with me still attached to the lead. She just about pulled my arm out of its socket! My shoulder is still recovering!

Our dog is very food centric. (As most dogs are) Last week, to my sons delight and amazement, he accidentally discovered that he could train her to do anything with an organic corn chip. One lousy corn chip. We had tried everything to train her, plying her with all kinds of treats, getting the neighbours involved in trying to make her behave and spending a considerable amount of time and money on dog training books and how-to videos.

My son made the happy discovery after he had accidentally dropped the aforementioned chip on the floor; she had gobbled it up and then had sat there obediently waiting for more!

We can now get her to 'stay' and 'wait'. Even if my son disappears around a corner, she will wait until he says,"Good girl." We can now get her to 'heel' and 'come' when we ask her to.

This is our dog, who steals my sons bread off the kitchen countertop, who steals cleaning rags out of open containers and socks from drawers and who we then have to comically chase around the house; who jumps like a kangaroo and wrestles you to the ground if you go outside to clean up all the torn letters that she has stolen from the letter box, who opens the door to the outside world and forgets to close the door behind her (letting in all kinds of bugs and birds);who eats animal scats with gusto (rabbit, kangaroo, wallaby, fox), who sticks her paws and nose into my mitre saw to retrieve a sliver of wood whilst I am still working on the machine, and who will never let us bathe her because she is allergic to water.

Last edited by Constance; 30th August 2019 at 04:54.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), avid (4th July 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Forest Denizen (7th July 2019), Franny (7th July 2019), Ivanhoe (7th July 2019), jebrenham (7th July 2019), meeradas (3rd July 2019), Omi (4th July 2019), Rhogar (5th July 2019), Rich (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (7th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Tintin (4th July 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd July 2019), what is a name? (4th July 2019)

11. Link to Post #126
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

How Dogs Can Sniff Out Diabetes and Cancer

Our pet canines can be trained to detect diseases in people—and they're amazingly good at it.

THE FORCE IS strong in Jedi.

The black Labrador retriever recently detected a drop in blood sugar in 7-year-old Luke Nuttall, who has Type 1 diabetes. His glucose monitor didn't pick it up, but Jedi did—and woke up Luke's mother, Dorrie Nuttall, as he was trained.

The California family's amazing story, which went viral on Facebook, made NatGeo's own Nicole Werbeck wonder, “How do dogs use their noses to detect human disease?”

Weird Animal Question of the Week sniffed out some answers.

Nose Pros

Dog schnozzes are incredibly sensitive and quite complicated, which makes them excellent at smelling bombs, drugs, and even animal poop, which can help with conservation.

https://pmdvod.nationalgeographic.co...ng__412893.mp4

TEACHING DOGS TO SAVE LIVES
    Teaching Dogs to Save Lives June 16, 2014—With their keen sense of smell, dogs are an ideal companion for military and law enforcement officials looking to sniff out explosives or drugs.

And numerous studies have shown man's best friend can detect various cancers, including prostate cancer, colorectal cancer and melanoma.

Exactly what they are smelling—in other words what cancer and diabetes smell like—is not yet known, says Cindy Otto, founder and director of the University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Vet Working Dog Center.

But there's evidence that diabetic alert dogs, or DADs, smell a volatile chemical compound released throughout the bodies of diabetics. Chemists have not yet singled out the exact compound.

Since these helper dogs work with people, they get service-dog training on top of their medical-detection training—kind of like special agents.

Attachment 41001

During training, diabetic alert dogs are rewarded whenever they sniff the scent of low blood sugar, provided by patient saliva samples. That way they’ll focus on that scent to the exclusion of the many other scents they’ll pick up on the job. (Related: "Detection Dogs: Learning to Pass the Sniff Test.")

Other Penn Vet dogs, who are trained to detect ovarian cancer, work only with blood samples in a lab environment.

Omidog!

When she was in grad school studying cancer detection, Maureen Maurer of Asisstance Dogs of Hawaii thought the dogs that already serve the disabled could be trained to do double duty as infection-alert dogs.

Many of Maurer’s clients have spinal cord injuries and can’t feel the pain that alerts most people to urinary tracts infections, which can turn life threatening if untreated.

Maurer co-authored a recent study that showed dogs can detect bacteria in urine samples with nearly 100 percent accuracy, even in samples diluted to 0.1 percent. (Related "The Healing Power of Dogs.")

One dog even alerted a visitor that she had a urinary tract infection, which a test confirmed.

A second study conducted in hospitals, in which dogs were asked to detect bacteria in urine samples, is showing “promising results,” Maurer says.

Man's Best Helper

Stories like Luke and Jedi’s often increase interest in medical-alert dogs, and Otto recommends checking with Diabetes Alert Dog Alliance or Assistance Dogs International for reliable help in finding one.

https://pmdvod.nationalgeographic.co...32__586868.mp4

How Rescue Dogs Are Helping Veterans With PTSD November 11, 2015—Rescue dogs are literally saving the lives of veterans struggling with PTSD.

She certainly understands, medically and emotionally, why they’re in demand.

“Right now my dog is sitting in my lap,” she says, and if she herself was in need of a DAD, “I’d like that much better than a glucose monitor.”

Source: National Geographic
    Last edited by Constance; 4th July 2019 at 06:57.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Ally S. (4th July 2019), AutumnW (9th July 2019), avid (4th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), Forest Denizen (7th July 2019), Franny (7th July 2019), Ivanhoe (7th July 2019), Omi (4th July 2019), Rich (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (7th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019)

13. Link to Post #127
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Constance, we have a diabetes service dog for my 9 year old son. She's amazing and a great help to us. My son has type 1 diabetes for almost 3 years now and we've had our dog for 1 year. I'd post a picture of her but I don't know how. The place were we got her from is amazing and they also train service dogs for the blind and wheelchair bound people. They train animals without force and violence and are really top notch!

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ally S. For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), Constance (4th July 2019), Forest Denizen (7th July 2019), Franny (7th July 2019), Ivanhoe (7th July 2019), Omi (4th July 2019), Rich (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (7th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019)

15. Link to Post #128
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ally S. (here)
    Constance, we have a diabetes service dog for my 9 year old son. She's amazing and a great help to us. My son has type 1 diabetes for almost 3 years now and we've had our dog for 1 year. I'd post a picture of her but I don't know how. The place were we got her from is amazing and they also train service dogs for the blind and wheelchair bound people. They train animals without force and violence and are really top notch!
    Wow!

Ally S., it is so great to hear from you. Thank you so much for sharing

It is so very very heartening to hear that your diabetes service dog has been of such great help to your son and your family.

We would love to see a photo of your beloved dog.

I have sent you a PM for instructions on how to post a picture but then I also realised that there may be others too who want to know and so here is a link for How to post images to your computer
    Last edited by Constance; 4th July 2019 at 09:49.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (4th July 2019), Forest Denizen (9th July 2019), Franny (7th July 2019), Omi (4th July 2019), Rosemarie (8th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019)

17. Link to Post #129
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dying Man’s Final Wish To See His Dog Again Is Moment People Will Never Forget

Families. They really do come in all shapes and sizes. What would we do without our beloved animal companions?

Attachment 41024

A Cedar Rapids homeless man’s dying last wish was to see his dog, Yurtie, one last time. It was a simple request, but one that meant the world to Kevin McClain in his final days.

People involved with the man’s last wish describe it as something they’ll never forget. Yurtie used to live with 57 year old Kelvin in his car. Unfortunately, Kevin became ill with lung cancer.

In this photo, Kevin holds Yurtie during their final reunion on May 11 at the Dennis & Donna Oldorf Hospice House of Mercy.

Volunteers and Cedar Rapids Animal Care and Control described Yurt as inconsolable when he was brought to the shelter. Kevin died a few days after this meeting, and Yurtie how lives with a new family.

Source: Reshareworthy.com

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th July 2019), Billy (8th July 2019), Forest Denizen (7th July 2019), Franny (7th July 2019), Iancorgi (7th July 2019), Ivanhoe (7th July 2019), Rosemarie (7th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (7th July 2019)

19. Link to Post #130
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"The heart of the problem is that there is no value put on wildness..."

Strong women, wild horses

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th July 2019), Billy (8th July 2019), Forest Denizen (7th July 2019), Franny (7th July 2019), Ivanhoe (7th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Rosemarie (7th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (7th July 2019)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,517 times in 32,788 posts

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), Billy (8th July 2019), Constance (7th July 2019), Forest Denizen (7th July 2019), Franny (7th July 2019), Ivanhoe (7th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), rgray222 (8th July 2019), Rhogar (14th July 2019), Rosemarie (8th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), sunwings (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (7th July 2019), Yoda (8th July 2019)

23. Link to Post #132
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Bizkit the Sleep Walking Dog

Needs a helmet does our Bizkit!

Last edited by Constance; 8th July 2019 at 07:42.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (7th July 2019), Billy (8th July 2019), drneglector (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (7th July 2019), Franny (7th July 2019), Ivanhoe (7th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Rosemarie (8th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (7th July 2019)

25. Link to Post #133
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ferocious Cat Battles the Mailman Through the Mail Slot

Last edited by Constance; 10th July 2019 at 10:37.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (8th July 2019), Billy (8th July 2019), drneglector (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (8th July 2019), Franny (8th July 2019), Ivanhoe (8th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Rosemarie (8th July 2019), Valerie Villars (9th July 2019)

27. Link to Post #134
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

A duck and a dog become close friends in a large family of other dogs and ducks.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (8th July 2019), Constance (8th July 2019), drneglector (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (8th July 2019), Franny (9th July 2019), Ivanhoe (8th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Rhogar (14th July 2019), Rosemarie (8th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #135
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 311 posts

My kind of parenting ......
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), avid (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (8th July 2019), Constance (8th July 2019), drneglector (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (8th July 2019), Franny (9th July 2019), Ivanhoe (8th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Matthew (8th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (9th July 2019)

31. Link to Post #136
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Let me introduce you to Lily. She is a rescue dog that I took home two years ago. We found her in a high kill shelter with one day left before she was going to be put down. All they could tell me was that she was an owner surrender and was not well cared for and she had been extremely abused. She was three at the time.

Lily and I have been on a journey for the past two years. The first day I brought her home she bit my son's girlfriend on the face when she tried to give Lily a hug. Nothing too serious but it was startling to everyone. Lily simply did not trust anyone and hated men. It took her a week to learn how to eat from a bowl. I believe she was never properly fed and she had to find food where and whenever it was available. The trash was fair game and unattended food was manna from heaven. Whenever we had dinner and took our plates to the kitchen she would jump on a chair and bound onto the table and eat whatever she would find in an instant. Trying to take food away from here was comparable to going to have your fingers amputated.

My theory with Lily was (and still is) that if I poured as much love into her I would eventually start getting some in return. Lily and I are now inseparable, we walk every day for about two miles, she follows me around the house and won't leave my side when I am home. She no longer wants to kill friends and family when they come to the door, she is actually happy to have visitors. Oddly enough she has always loved young children, I believe for two reasons, they are non-threatening and they drop food (lol).

She has started to trusted people in general and other dogs but it took a full year and she still has a long way to go. I am not sure who got the better end of the deal, Lily or me but it makes little difference. I never realized that I had so much more love to give. Yes, Lily and I have made concessions to accommodate each other and I am sure that our relationship will continue to evolve as time goes on but allowing this little creature into my life was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Meet Lily

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), avid (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (9th July 2019), Constance (9th July 2019), Rosemarie (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (9th July 2019), what is a name? (9th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #137
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

rgray222 OMG - Just two years under your wing and the transformation! Wow!!

Thank you so so much for sharing your incredibly beautiful and heartwarming story with us.

I live to hear stories such as yours and Lily's.

What a heart stopper your Lily is.

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Let me introduce you to Lily. She is a rescue dog that I took home two years ago. We found her in a high kill shelter with one day left before she was going to be put down. All they could tell me was that she was an owner surrender and was not well cared for and she had been extremely abused. She was three at the time.

Lily and I have been on a journey for the past two years. The first day I brought her home she bit my son's girlfriend on the face when she tried to give Lily a hug. Nothing too serious but it was startling to everyone. Lily simply did not trust anyone and hated men. It took her a week to learn how to eat from a bowl. I believe she was never properly fed and she had to find food where and whenever it was available. The trash was fair game and unattended food was manna from heaven. Whenever we had dinner and took our plates to the kitchen she would jump on a chair and bound onto the table and eat whatever she would find in an instant. Trying to take food away from here was comparable to going to have your fingers amputated.

My theory with Lily was (and still is) that if I poured as much love into her I would eventually start getting some in return. Lily and I are now inseparable, we walk every day for about two miles, she follows me around the house and won't leave my side when I am home. She no longer wants to kill friends and family when they come to the door, she is actually happy to have visitors. Oddly enough she has always loved young children, I believe for two reasons, they are non-threatening and they drop food (lol).

She has started to trusted people in general and other dogs but it took a full year and she still has a long way to go. I am not sure who got the better end of the deal, Lily or me but it makes little difference. I never realized that I had so much more love to give. Yes, Lily and I have made concessions to accommodate each other and I am sure that our relationship will continue to evolve as time goes on but allowing this little creature into my life was one of the best decisions I ever made.
    Last edited by Constance; 9th July 2019 at 01:48.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), avid (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (9th July 2019), rgray222 (9th July 2019), Rosemarie (9th July 2019), Valerie Villars (9th July 2019)

35. Link to Post #138
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 311 posts

Who doesn’t love panda bears ?
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2019), avid (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (9th July 2019), Constance (9th July 2019), Forest Denizen (9th July 2019), Franny (9th July 2019), Ivanhoe (9th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Rhogar (14th July 2019), Valerie Villars (9th July 2019)

37. Link to Post #139
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

This has likely been posted here but if not...singing beagle. Plays piano too.

Last edited by Constance; 9th July 2019 at 04:10. Reason: fixed youtube formatting :)

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

avid (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (10th July 2019), Constance (9th July 2019), drneglector (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (9th July 2019), Franny (9th July 2019), Ivanhoe (9th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Valerie Villars (9th July 2019)

39. Link to Post #140
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Animal Odd Couple

Tara and Bella had been close for years. But no one really knew how close until recently.
    A few months ago Bella suffered a spinal cord injury. She couldn't move her legs, couldn't even wag her tail.

For three weeks the dog lay motionless up in the sanctuary office and for three weeks, the elephant held vigil.

2700 acres to roam free and Tara just stood in the corner.

Last edited by Constance; 10th July 2019 at 10:35.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

avid (9th July 2019), Bill Ryan (10th July 2019), Caliban (9th July 2019), Forest Denizen (9th July 2019), Ivanhoe (9th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th March 2021), Valerie Villars (9th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst 1 7 17 57 88 LastLast