Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 10 LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador tears up asylum deal

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member waree's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador tears up asylum deal

Quote Posted by Frankie Pancakes (here)
    Interesting observation by a commentator on Zero Hedge.

Looks like total theater to me. Why would they allow him to display that magazine cover or  take along anything in his hands that he could hide a weapon in?  When was the last time you saw someone arrested and they were allowed to carry anything with them.
    The link to Zero Hedge is here. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...rrested-london

The book is Gore Vidal History of The National Security State.

I found it odd also.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waree For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), meeradas (11th April 2019), mountain_jim (11th April 2019), Tintin (11th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Goin’ Doon the Watter

Craig Murray
    11 Apr, 2019 in Uncategorized by craig | View Comments

UPDATE: Craig is on his way back to London to be with Wikileaks following the arrest of Julian Assange under the Extradition Act. He does still intend to speak at Rothesay.

Scotland Yard statement:
    Julian Assange, 47, (03.07.71) has today, Thursday 11 April, been further arrested on behalf of the United States authorities, at 10:53hrs after his arrival at a central London police station. This is an extradition warrant under Section 73 of the Extradition Act. He will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court as soon as possible.
    Julian Assange – the best picture so far – by Reuters @PBANicholls Thumbs up in handcuffs: Julian Assange leaves police station for court pic.twitter.com/x2hcRimYz6
    — Guy Faulconbridge (@GuyReuters) April 11, 2019
    The greatest traitor in Ecuadorian and Latin American history, Lenin Moreno, allowed the British police to enter our embassy in London to arrest Assange.
    Moreno is a corrupt man, but what he has done is a crime that humanity will never forget. https://t.co/XhT51MA6c6
    — Rafael Correa (@MashiRafael) April 11, 2019
    I am speaking in Rothesay at St Paul’s Church Hall, Deanhood Place, at 2pm on Saturday. I am heading back up to Scotland today. I will be there in any circumstances, and will dash back down afterwards should events with Julian and Wikileaks require. I have incidentally had a definitive reply from the Embassy of Ecuador that I am not allowed to visit Julian even though he has asked me to; definitive evidence that Assange is now being treated by Moreno as a prisoner.

Guy Faulconbridge @GuyReuters

Julian Assange - the best picture so far - by Reuters @PBANicholls Thumbs up in handcuffs: Julian Assange leaves police station for court

2:28 PM - Apr 11, 2019
    Rafael Correa @MashiRafael

The greatest traitor in Ecuadorian and Latin American history, Lenin Moreno, allowed the British police to enter our embassy in London to arrest Assange.

Moreno is a corrupt man, but what he has done is a crime that humanity will never forget.
    Barnaby Nerberka @barnabynerberka
    BREAK: Full @Ruptly video of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s arrest by British police this morning

12:37 PM - Apr 11, 2019
    [...]

Full article: https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...on-the-watter/
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

angelfire (11th April 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (11th April 2019), Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Chip (11th April 2019), Daughter of Time (11th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Did You See Them (11th April 2019), Innocent Warrior (12th April 2019), Intranuclear (11th April 2019), meeradas (11th April 2019), mountain_jim (11th April 2019), muxfolder (11th April 2019), Tintin (11th April 2019), waree (11th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Frankie Pancakes (here)
    [...]
    .... When was the last time you saw someone arrested and they were allowed to carry anything with them.
    Usually it's a coat or sweater to hide the handcuffs... however, Assange is trying to attract attention to it by shaking it...

Quote Posted by waree (here)
    [...]
    The book is Gore Vidal History of The National Security State.
    [...]

Last edited by Hervé; 11th April 2019 at 15:13.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (11th April 2019), Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Chip (11th April 2019), Daughter of Time (11th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Did You See Them (11th April 2019), Kryztian (11th April 2019), mountain_jim (11th April 2019), seko (11th April 2019), Tintin (11th April 2019), Valerie Villars (11th April 2019), waree (11th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

I thought he was going to get Wikileaks to release multiple copies of revealing/embarrassing/shocking documents if anything untoward happened to him? Was that so much hot air, or can we look forward to some horrifying revelations now?

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2019), Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Chip (11th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Deux Corbeaux (12th April 2019), Iancorgi (11th April 2019), Intranuclear (11th April 2019), Justplain (12th April 2019), meeradas (11th April 2019), Tintin (11th April 2019), Valerie Villars (11th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,220 times in 8,550 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    I thought he was going to get Wikileaks to release multiple copies of revealing/embarrassing/shocking documents if anything untoward happened to him? Was that so much hot air, or can we look forward to some horrifying revelations now?
    If so, I would think that negotiating tactic would be in play now and not necessarily through the media at this point.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Intranuclear (11th April 2019), meeradas (11th April 2019), Tintin (12th April 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,639 times in 8,116 posts

I hope, now, we get to find out, once and for all, who Assange has really been working for or with. I don't take his 'captivity' for 7 years as any indication there are no big players in the background. The kind of people I have in mind are so ruthless and heartless they wouldn't give a stuff about Assange as a human being.

His track record doesn't fit his rhetoric. Most of the wikileaks releases were anti America. Perhaps his last minute switch to exposing hillary was his attempt to ditch his old backers and get on the right side of history. That could also explain why he's been running out of luck lately.

I'm pleased he's now out of that building he was dying in. Some sunshine, even in an excercise yard, will do him a lot of good right now.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2019), betoobig (12th April 2019), Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

The magazine in his hands was the first oddity I noticed but didn't comment on. Generally, when you are arrested, you aren't allowed to carry anything in your hands. I didn't comment on it but I see someone else did.

Since I am challenged technologically, can someone else discern what is on the cover of that magazine or what magazine it is? Symbolism carries a lot of weight in this world.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Kryztian (11th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    The magazine in his hands was the first oddity I noticed but didn't comment on. Generally, when you are arrested, you aren't allowed to carry anything in your hands. I didn't comment on it but I see someone else did.

Since I am challenged technologically, can someone else discern what is on the cover of that magazine or what magazine it is? Symbolism carries a lot of weight in this world.
    scroll up 4 posts, or 6 posts from yours...
    Last edited by meeradas; 11th April 2019 at 16:53.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Hervé (11th April 2019), Kryztian (11th April 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

It's been great listening/watching RT.com coverage on all this fiasco. I am impressed with the coverage and accuracy.

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)

scroll up 4 posts, or 6 posts from yours...
    I don't know how I missed Herve's post. Thanks.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), meeradas (11th April 2019)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

This is the beginning of the unraveling of the fabrication that Wikileaks (or Russia, on their behalf) hacked the DNC. This public spectacle is just getting started.

Assange still has his life and is in protective custody, but Seth Rich, who handed the DNC emails over to Wikileaks, is already deader than a doornail. Testimony regarding Seth Rich needs to be heard in a court setting, for many reasons.

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    If Trump doesn't do something for this guy I'm going to be pissed. If he does I hope the Trump haters on the forum recognize.
    Radio silence so far, which says something in and of itself. Trump knows that his base isn't going to tolerate the abuse of someone instrumental in his election, who exposed crimes of two of his political opponents, the Bushes and the Clintons.

Rush Limbaugh has been on the radio today blasting the Seth Rich case and talking about how the download speeds from the server precluded hacking and proved an inside job using a USB stick to transfer the material.

Rush Limbaugh has a massive public audience, and when he's doing this, Sean Hannity will be soon to follow. Hannity told us before that he wasn't dropping the Seth Rich case, and would bring it back up at a later time. That time is now fast approaching.

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    Perhaps that's just what they want. The general public is told that Julian Assange is a traitor. If Trump defends J.A. he will
    be linked to the word traitor ... On top of that the whole unraveling of the DS scam involves the relation to the UK.
    And with the UK Brexit mess they need a distraction anyway ...
    One of the phony justifications used to launch the "Russia collusion" hoax was Trump praising Wikileaks. That's why Roger Stone is still facing trial, because he allegedly was working with Wikileaks or lied to the FBI about his knowledge of Wikileaks' alleged hacking of the DNC.

Roger Stone's trial is going to be explosive as well.

21. Link to Post #32
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Drudge Report reminding us of a November 2018 Politico article:

Quote Assange charges could unsettle liberals, conservatives — and Trump

Some liberals have defended Assange as a journalist, conservatives celebrated him in 2016 and Trump once declared his 'love' for WikiLeaks.

Apparent criminal charges against Julian Assange are thrusting the WikiLeaks founder back into American politics — a development that could create awkwardness across the political spectrum.

Many liberals and civil rights activists have defended Assange as a journalist entitled to First Amendment protections. Conservatives have celebrated him for exposing Hillary Clinton’s emails in 2016. And President Donald Trump, who declared his “love” for Assange’s website during the 2016 contest, may have new concerns about whether the focus on Assange has a connection to special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.

For now, the details remain murky about what U.S. law Assange, an Australian national holed up in a London embassy, has even been charged with violating. An unrelated federal court filing discovered late Thursday appears to have accidentally mentioned Assange but doesn’t explain whether the sealed charges deal with WikiLeaks’ publication of stolen Democratic documents to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign or another matter that has also triggered notice from U.S. prosecutors.

It’s unclear when — if ever — the details about Assange will even be made public. Still, Assange’s reemergence at a time when Mueller has carefully studied how WikiLeaks obtained the Russian-hacked Democratic emails in 2016 jump-starts a debate over the fate of the Australian computer programmer.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...kileaks-997122

Trump can't keep silent on this for long as he'll inevitably be asked questions by the press corps if nothing else, but optics are important for any ongoing cases involving everything that has happened within the past 3 years.

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    That was before an entire series of bizarre "coincidences" that included a bunch of Wikileaks associates suddenly dying within a short amount of time, and the Internet going down across the entire East Coast of the US, back in late 2016 when the Podesta emails were coming out. I imagine it might be hard to trip an Internet-based switch when an entire core chunk of the global Internet is down.

We are only seeing a very small fraction of what has been going on behind the scenes.

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    His track record doesn't fit his rhetoric. Most of the wikileaks releases were anti America.
    I would say more anti-Bush and Clinton, and their associated acts in foreign governments. But I agree that the people in his background are not trivial players. He once had bail paid by a Rothschild's sister-in-law. Figure that one out.

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I'm still suspecting that the person arrested today was a body double for the real Julian Assange, who might no longer be alive. But that could easily be my tin-foil-hat conspiracy mind set speaking. Someone with some good facial recognition software, that could measure the proportions of various identifiable points on his facial structure, could perhaps provide a more definitive answer.
    After everything that happened in 2016, I thought he was dead for a good while too. But the unclassified email that Q linked to suggested that he had been detained but was still alive, and other drops have indicated that he's going to be used for upcoming events. My guess is that he's going to be testifying in a US court of law. So even if it was a body double being dragged out of the building for dramatic effect (who's to say? even Saddam Hussein had body doubles), this won't be the last we've heard of Assange.

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Quote WikiLeaks confirmed he'd been taken to Westminster Magistrates court, noting "He has been arrested under a US extradition warrant for conspiracy with @xychelsea for publishing classified information revealing war crimes in 2010."
    Well to me this will be a litmus test over Commander in Chief Trump vs the Military who support him.
    That's the real sticking point, because even though he was helping to expose corruption, all militaries have a strong culture of following orders simply because if and when people have to be ordered to their probable deaths in combat, the ultimate order, they have to follow those as well. That's been the way militaries operate throughout modern history. But that's not going to be a problem for Assange himself so much as it is Manning.
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 11th April 2019 at 18:12.

22. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

This is 100% Obama’s fault. That scripted robot of a horrid human being (not human actually). While he was vowing to close Gitmo, he revived the Espionage Act.

Do you know what that means? If the CIA wanted to arrest Bill for propagating his journalism? That turd Ecuadorian banana republic fascist would turn him right over. I am so pissed I can’t stand it!

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

angelfire (11th April 2019), avid (11th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), Daughter of Time (11th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), meeradas (11th April 2019), Mercedes (11th April 2019), waree (11th April 2019), WildOrchid (11th April 2019)

24. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

democracy now just made reference to his being able to get health care now. He does look ill. If he is, what is wrong with Ecuador that they couldn’t get a physician into that embassy? Unless... thjis is a Trojan horse situation. Did anyone here as children, ever believe the world you were inheriting would be so Machiavellian? I’m 😓

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Antagenet (12th April 2019), Arcturian108 (12th April 2019), avid (11th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), meeradas (11th April 2019), Mercedes (11th April 2019), waree (11th April 2019)

26. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

I am beyond words, I cannot stand it either. That Lenin Moreno is a sack of@#$%^&*()

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

AriG (11th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), Daughter of Time (11th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Iyakum (1st September 2019), meeradas (11th April 2019), seko (11th April 2019), waree (11th April 2019)

28. Link to Post #36
    Scotland Avalon Member angelfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 241 posts

I was by turns angry, despairing and very upset when I heard the news of his arrest this morning.

It's not enough to stand up for the truth. For truth one must sit in prison.- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

Arcturian108 (12th April 2019), AriG (11th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), waree (11th April 2019), WildOrchid (11th April 2019)

30. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member WildOrchid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 218 posts

Trump vows to go after Deep State...
    Now Assange gets arrested..............?
    ...............................COINCIDENCE?
    Artist - Lover of Life - Seeker of Truth

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WildOrchid For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2019), Antagenet (12th April 2019), betoobig (12th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), BMJ (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Ivanhoe (12th April 2019), jebrenham (12th April 2019), Sadieblue (12th April 2019)

32. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

https://www.rt.com/usa/456270-trump-on-assanges-
    arrest/

WTAF! Trump has proven that he is a sock puppet president!

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), mountain_jim (11th April 2019), waree (11th April 2019), WhiteFeather (13th April 2019)

34. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

A bit on Gore Vidal, as it relates to Julian Assange.

Quote In a September 30, 2009 interview with The Times of London, Vidal said that there soon would be a dictatorship in the United States. The newspaper emphasized that Vidal, described as "the Grand Old Man of American belles-lettres", claimed that America is rotting away – and to not expect Barack Obama to save the country and the nation from imperial decay. In the interview, also updated his views of his life, the United States, and other political subjects.[73] Vidal had earlier described what he saw as the political and cultural rot in the United States in his essay, "The State of the Union" (1975),

There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party ... and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt – until recently ... and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.

— Gore Vidal[74]
    http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore_Vidal

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

AriG (11th April 2019), Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), Constance (12th April 2019), Debra (13th April 2019), Justplain (12th April 2019), Kryztian (12th April 2019), mountain_jim (11th April 2019), Pam (12th April 2019), Sierra (15th April 2019), waree (11th April 2019)

36. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

A bit on Gore Vidal, as it relates to Julian Assange.

Quote In a September 30, 2009 interview with The Times of London, Vidal said that there soon would be a dictatorship in the United States. The newspaper emphasized that Vidal, described as "the Grand Old Man of American belles-lettres", claimed that America is rotting away – and to not expect Barack Obama to save the country and the nation from imperial decay. In the interview, also updated his views of his life, the United States, and other political subjects.[73] Vidal had earlier described what he saw as the political and cultural rot in the United States in his essay, "The State of the Union" (1975),

There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party ... and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt – until recently ... and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.

— Gore Vidal[74]
    http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore_Vidal
    so what are we going to DO about this? Personally? I think it’s time for real action.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th April 2019), Valerie Villars (11th April 2019)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 10 LastLast