+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

Default Re: Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris

This seem to be a result of lack in security and firesafety
    from those renovating the Cathedral structure.
    Maybe now the building can be properly refurbished ..

nm
    Last edited by noxon medem; 16th April 2019 at 19:02.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

pyrangello (16th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,632 times in 2,653 posts

https://fox2now.com/2019/04/14/the-o...s-wind-damage/
    More strangeness posted by Dutchsinse on his fb page...
    High winds damage the old cathedral in downtown St Louis.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

pyrangello (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (16th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Avid, isn't Dutchsinse generally only known for his earthquake predictions? And you are saying in the above post and one other that he is posting links to the destruction of Cathedrals, including that video above?

I'm not on FB, but can you ask or comment on his page about the links and how it ties in to anything? I'm assuming, based on your posts, that this is very unusual for him. Is that true from your observations?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

wondering (17th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,632 times in 2,653 posts

He is allowed to make other observations. I have noted them, as have others.

He also predicted many weather anomalies until he was threatened, so concentrated on earthquakes.

As a friend, he is aware of lots of ‘common denominators’, so it was kind of him to make his concerns public Valerie. He is not predicting anything on this subject, just providing awareness info.

Please note, I did not place this on his earthquake thread.

Addendum from another of his posts:
    Last edited by avid; 16th April 2019 at 19:39.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (16th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), pyrangello (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (16th April 2019), wondering (17th April 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Of course he has the right to post whatever he wants. I was just trying to get a handle on how unusual it was that he did post those links. It wasn't a negative comment at all, on my part. I just wanted clarification.

I understood it to be unusual for him to post those links and wanted to be sure I was correct. I am very unfamiliar with his work, but have heard it praised by others.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

avid (16th April 2019), wondering (17th April 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,005 times in 8,166 posts

Why is the smoke from the fire so white ?
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

12. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Spiral (20th April 2019)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Fluctuat nec mergitur
    "All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aurvandil For This Post:

Hervé (17th April 2019), Iancorgi (17th April 2019)

15. Link to Post #48
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Why is the smoke from the fire so white ?
    https://www.fireengineering.com/arti...oke-traps.html

there are different types of white smoke - the link describes many of them - water or smoldering is typical

Quote BRIGHT WHITE, HIGH-VELOCITY SMOKE SHOWING WHEN THE OUTSIDE AIR TEMPERATURE IS FRIGID = BIG FIRE
    When outside air temperatures are well below freezing, hot dark smoke leaving the building turns white almost instantly

As the smoke leaves the building and contacts the frigid air, water vapors rapidly condense and can form a white fog-like coating on all of the hot particulates and other aerosols in smoke. The thicker the smoke, the more pronounced this white fog will appear.

“white smoke” as a singular description can be misleading. Decision makers should understand that smoke color alone can lead to dangerous conclusions regarding fire behavior and firefighting progress. Likewise, we know that white smoke (steam) is an indicator that fire attack water is making a difference. Again, this can be misleading. As we just discussed, fighting fires in subfreezing weather can make the smoke change to white almost instantly.

Strategic and tactical decisions should be influenced more by the other three smoke attributes: volume, velocity, and density. Of these, velocity is perhaps the best indicator of heat. Violent, turbulent, or highly agitated smoke velocity is an indicator of severe heat (regardless of color) and should be treated as such to help locate the fire and evaluate fire attack effectiveness and options. In other words, velocity trumps color when it comes to judging heat. Simply put (because firefighters love shortcuts), velocity is king.

That leads us to the question: When is white smoke an indication that our firefighting efforts are working?

16. Link to Post #49
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Did you know?

Reading ichingcarpenter's post #21, I had to think of "Point zéro des routes de France".

Every time when I'm in Paris, I will go to that spot just to stand on it for a minute or so, as a sort of mystical habit, or ritual. It's also believed to be good luck if you stand on it and make a wish.

Not many tourists will know, or be aware of that small circular marker with an eight-pointed bronze star, embedded in the cobblestone in the public square, just outside of Notre Dame Cathedral.

It was placed there in 1924 and it’s engraved with the words "Point zéro des routes de France". Officially it's the point from which distances are measured from Paris to other cities in France (Exit-0 reversed), but to me it's much more.

It had to be temporarily dislodged in the 1960s during the excavations for what was intended to be an underground parking garage. Those construction plans were thwarted when workers turned up architectural ruins and artefacts, which are now kept in the archaeological crypt of the Notre Dame.
    Last edited by Deux Corbeaux; 17th April 2019 at 11:26. Reason: Fixing picture links

17. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (16th April 2019), Bill Ryan (16th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), enigma3 (18th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), Hervé (16th April 2019), ichingcarpenter (17th April 2019), James (17th April 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (17th April 2019), Kryztian (17th April 2019), muxfolder (18th April 2019), pyrangello (16th April 2019), Rosemarie (17th April 2019), Satori (17th April 2019), Soda (17th April 2019), Valerie Villars (16th April 2019)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

I read on another site that construction work had not even begun. No welding had been done at all to spark a fire. They were only erecting scaffolding. Quoted was the Chief Architect of Historical Monuments, in charge of the restoration of the spire.

My family did similar restoration work on the Cabildo in New Orleans and it WAS a welder who started a roof fire on that building.

I have also read other articles and comments on how dense oak is and how difficult it would have been to catch fire that quickly and destructively. The beams were all oak.

Deaux, do you know what the significance of the eight pointed star in that location is? I'm curious.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (16th April 2019), Deux Corbeaux (16th April 2019), Kryztian (17th April 2019), pyrangello (16th April 2019), Spiral (20th April 2019)

20. Link to Post #51
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)

Deaux, do you know what the significance of the eight pointed star in that location is? I'm curious.
    Ok, here we go :

The eight-pointed star

The eight-pointed star appears in cultures around the globe. Eight pointed stars — show up in a variety of different cultures.

- Judeo-Christian: The number eight frequently represents beginnings, resurrection, salvation and super-abundance.

- Star of Lakshmi: in Hinduism, Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, has eight emanations. These emanations represent eight forms of wealth: monetary, ability to transport, endless prosperity, victory, patience, health and nourishment, knowledge, and family.

- Buddhism: Buddhists use an eight-spoked wheel to represent the Eightfold Path taught by the Buddha as a means to escape suffering through the breaking of attachments.

- Egyptian: Old Kingdom Egyptians recognized a group of eight deities, four male and four female, with the female bearing feminine forms of the male.

- Babylonian: In Babylonian symbolism, the goddess Ishtar is represented by an eight-pointed starburst, and she is associated with the planet of Venus. Today, some people equate the Greek Aphrodite, whom the Romans equated with their Venus, with Ishtar. Ishtar also represents fertility.

- Native American: symbols are geometric portrayals of celestial bodies, natural phenomena and animal designs. The Hope symbol is represented by the eight pointed star, that is enclosed in a circle and containing a circle. Eight is an important number in terms of achieving balance. The Native American Indians referred to the Hope symbol as Star Knowledge.

- The ‘rose’ in the middle of the traditional compass mark also has 8 points, albeit with 4 main points and four minor. This is probably the most common use of an 8-pointed; 8 pointed star relates to Number 8. As the Archetypal Number defines its meaning. Its basic meaning is concerned with it being made up of 2 sets of 4, and the concept that higher forces, or Natural Laws such as The Laws of Physics — control the lower realms of Matter. We can study how these Laws operate by studying Nature at the lower, material, level.

- Archetypal Number: As Above, so Below. As Below, so Above; showing the reflection of the Macrocosm in the Microcosm.

- ALCHEMY - The Stone is a result of separation and recombination (Solve et Coagula) of the action and passive forms of the Spirit, the primordial form of energy-consciousness that is utilized in magical rituals as well as alchemy. It is symbolized by an eight-spoked wheel.

- Octagrams formed from overlapping squares often emphasize duality: yin and yang, male and female, spiritual and material. Together, the they can mean both positive and negative aspects of the four elements, for example, and balancing them.

If we draw the symbol of Number 8 on its side it becomes the symbol of Infinity. It is a symbol for the natural universe interweaving order and disorder, yin and yang, to create an ultimately harmonious and balanced design.

https://medium.com/@dott.lucafalace/...r-bad570901f4c

----

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (16th April 2019), Rosemarie (17th April 2019), Sandy123 (28th April 2019), Valerie Villars (17th April 2019)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Thanks Deaux. Talk about cross cultural esoteric wisdom at that site.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2019), Deux Corbeaux (17th April 2019), Rosemarie (17th April 2019)

24. Link to Post #53
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Lieux de rendez-vous de pelerins en tous genres, des compagnons du tour de france aux Kakous Gitans...
    Meeting spot for all sorts of pilgrims, from France Mastercraft brothers to Gypsy Medicine men

Point Zero Des Routes De France

Rose des Vents
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (16th April 2019), BMJ (19th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), Deux Corbeaux (17th April 2019), enigma3 (18th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), muxfolder (18th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Rosemarie (17th April 2019), Satori (17th April 2019), Valerie Villars (16th April 2019)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Thanks guys and girls. I'm starting to get the hang of this.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Soda (17th April 2019)

28. Link to Post #55
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Ile-de-la-Cité, that's what I meant by Ile-de-Paris earlier. Been a while since I studied French history.

The entire city of Paris was built around that island, which was a natural defense on the Seine River, heavily-trafficked by sea traders even before Roman times. It's a foggy issue, but some people think the etymology of "Paris" itself comes from "Par Isis" for the goddess Isis, whose cult also occupied the area before Roman occupation (as it did throughout the Mediterranean). So that small island's history (and by extension Paris itself) may go all the way back to the influence of Egyptian traders during the Bronze Age.

Marcel Mestdagh and Phil Coppens published some work arguing that a Viking invasion of France followed an ancient series of roads connecting megalithic ceremonial sites on astronomical alignments, centered on Sens, also going back to the pre-Roman Celts (Gauls) and the Bronze Age.

It looks like Paris was included in that grid of sites, for whatever that's worth.

29. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Correction... I said the gargoyles had oddly conveniently just been removed, but according to the New York Times it was the 12 apostle and 4 evangelist statues that were removed last Thursday.

I can't find what I originally read, don't think I would have substituted the word gargoyle for statue, but am now unsure how many if any gargoyles were also as recently removed. Work had definitely begun using the scaffolding.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/a...e-statues.html

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Franny (17th April 2019), Valerie Villars (17th April 2019), ZenBaller (17th April 2019)

31. Link to Post #57
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

About those books written into the very stones these cathedrals are built with: there is an interesting pattern that's displayed in the geographical lay out of those stone books dedicated to the "Holy Mothers":

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    This detour takes us to France's Cathedrals which are dedicated to the Virgin Mother/Mary and called "Notre Dame."

This still wouldn't make any sense if it weren't for the Gypsy/Tzigan tradition of their veneration for the "Black Madona"... the Black Virgin... the Black Pillar.

These Gypsies have these "Notre Dame" cathedrals as stops on their continuous wandering pilgrimage across Europe where they quench their thirst at the springs these cathedrals sit on top of, while being bathed with the light coming down from those colorful "windows."

These springs are not issuing water but life energy herself, vortices along ley lines. The bath of light comes from specific windows with a specific color.

As the Gypsies say, these cathedrals are books written in stones, the language of which is getting lost.

Now, to the stars!

Here is the lay out of these "Notre Dame" cathedrals in comparison to the Virgo Constellation:

http://vortexmaps.com/chartres.php
    What made "Life" herself spring out of the ground in that very pattern?

The well/spring of life energy that was coming out from under the Chartres cathedral has now migrated somewhere else and Chartres has become an empty skeleton of stones.

The book it constitutes can still be read though... provided one knows the language it's written in... I don't

Our Lady of Chartres nipple ran dry and no longer feeds her children in that location... which makes me really wonder about the underlying reality beneath the fire at "Our Lady" of Paris? Definitely a signal; but by whom to whom?
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

betoobig (17th April 2019), BMJ (19th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), Melinda (17th April 2019), Sophocles (17th April 2019), Valerie Villars (17th April 2019), Zanshin (17th April 2019)

33. Link to Post #58
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

“Macron said Notre Dame will be rebuilt consistent with our modern, diverse nation. That should be setting off alarm bells.”

https://twitter.com/PodcastOne/statu...63417221947392

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

BMJ (17th April 2019), ClearWater (18th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), Hervé (17th April 2019), Iancorgi (17th April 2019), Spiral (20th April 2019), Valerie Villars (17th April 2019)

35. Link to Post #59
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

why has the Vatican's silence on this event been so deafening?- anyone considered that yet?

Larry

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Antagenet (18th April 2019), Arcturian108 (17th April 2019), BMJ (19th April 2019), Bob (17th April 2019), Brightstar (17th April 2019), ClearWater (18th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), KiwiElf (18th April 2019), pluton (17th April 2019), Valerie Villars (17th April 2019), WhiteFeather (18th April 2019)

37. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

The two bell towers of Notre Dame did not get destroyed, thankfully.

http://www.aseekersthoughts.com/2011...s-symbols.html
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st December 2020 at 23:44. Reason: fixed broken link

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

BMJ (19th April 2019), Bob (17th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (17th April 2019), WhiteFeather (18th April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast