Thread: Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 times in 930 posts

Default Re: Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris

Well, I had to read through the whole thread to make sure that I am not repeating something already presented. Steve Pieczenik calls the Notre Dame fire a false flag. His opinion feels absolutely spot on to me. Pieczenik is a French Jew, and former U.S. intelligence officer with a long association with various intelligence agencies.
    Steve explains how Macron orchestrated this event in a short video:

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

anandacate (19th April 2019), Antagenet (18th April 2019), BMJ (19th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (18th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), KiwiElf (18th April 2019), Philippe (18th April 2019), Soda (21st April 2019), ThePythonicCow (18th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019), WhiteFeather (18th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #62

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

BMJ (19th April 2019), Franny (17th April 2019), Spiral (20th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Yes, but they, the Catholic Church never offered a penny. Not one thin dime. One of the richest organizations in the world. A Catholic treasure. But no, now corporations are contributing. Before you know it, it will be called the Loreal Notre Dame Cathedral or something equally abhorrent.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Arcturian108 (18th April 2019), BMJ (19th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Tam (19th April 2019), wondering (18th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    Well, I had to read through the whole thread to make sure that I am not repeating something already presented. Steve Pieczenik calls the Notre Dame fire a false flag. His opinion feels absolutely spot on to me. Pieczenik is a French Jew, and former U.S. intelligence officer with a long association with various intelligence agencies.
    Yes - Steve Pieczenik seems spot on to me too. This video is well worth a listen.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), anandacate (19th April 2019), Antagenet (18th April 2019), BMJ (19th April 2019), Bob (18th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), KiwiElf (18th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Philippe (18th April 2019), Soda (21st April 2019)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Yes, but they, the Catholic Church never offered a penny. Not one thin dime. One of the richest organizations in the world. A Catholic treasure.
    Well, it is both a Catholic/religious treasure and a French/Parisian treasure and as such, should and will be rebuilt by both. If the church was totally burnt to the ground and the government made no contribution, the Catholics in the archdiocese would build something functional for the 21st for regular masses and diocesan gatherings, nothing like the Gothic treasure it has been. Being however, that it is a national and city treasure and source of pride, that it is an important landmark and helps the city of Paris draws millions of tourists, there are a lot of other non-catholic entities that have a huge interest in seeing it restored to it's original state and that is a major financial effort.

As for the "Catholic Church" paying - it will be the Archdiocese of Paris that will pay for it mainly. The Vatican does not pay for things that occur outside Rome. There might be help from all the other churches in France, and others around the world. It will take a long time to rebuild, but first, it will take some time to figure out how it is going to be rebuilt, but first quite a while to figure out how to finance it. The church is also a different entity in every nation. Some times the state owns the land, or the building, sometimes church monies are collected through taxes, not in the offering plates. Of course corporations are shouting about how they are going to donate - if they do it now, it is free publicity. Of course the church isn't making any statement about what they will be contributing because for everyone else, their donation is optional, but the church is left to cover what expenses are left over. It is ultimately their responsibility.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), BMJ (19th April 2019), Rosemarie (18th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019), WhiteFeather (18th April 2019)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 337 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Yes - Steve Pieczenik seems spot on to me too. This video is well worth a listen.
    Yes as soon as I saw the cathedral burning I immediately thought, "MACRON DID THIS". (As a way to punish the people of Paris and France for defying him with the yellow vests) New World Order hates Christianity too. And they can blame it on muslims or perhaps they just stepped aside and let the muslims do it. Did anyone notice, I didn't see many firetrucks or any big effort to stop the fire. Like Trump tweeted, why didnt they fight it from the air, like they do with forest fires? Inside job/false flag/intentional burn. Intentional demoralization of Parisians.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), Arcturian108 (18th April 2019), BMJ (19th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (18th April 2019), Philippe (18th April 2019), Spiral (20th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019), WhiteFeather (18th April 2019)

13. Link to Post #67
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

By "sheer coincidence," Michelle Obama was cruising down the Seine while Notre Dame was burning.

Quote Michelle Obama Dinner Cruise Vibes Turn to Concern During Notre Dame Inferno

Michelle Obama was living the good life -- sipping wine on a dinner cruise in Paris -- when the Notre Dame Cathedral fire totally changed the mood ... and the course of the cruise.

The former First Lady was smiling as she boarded the Ducasse sur Seine Monday night -- just across from the Eiffel Tower -- for a dinner cruise experience along the Seine River with famous chef Alain Ducasse and others.

Michelle looked fit for a fancy, fun night on the luxury ship ... but things took a turn for the worse when word got around Notre Dame was going up in flames. As you can see in the pics ... everybody's happy faces turn concerned for the famed cathedral and the people of Paris.
    https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/16/miche...tre-dame-fire/

There's already some wealthy French aristocrat calling for Notre Dame to be rebuilt as a "multicultural" monument to a "new France."

This was truly an act of war, except only one side is fighting this war, openly destroying Western civilization while everyone else just sits around making faces and talking about how they feel. I'm not even French and it hurts me.

14. Link to Post #68
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Good points. I'd originally inwardly dismissed any notion of this being a false flag but it is now clear that this was an ideal way to bolster the credibility of that awful creep Macron and everything he represents

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Arcturian108 (18th April 2019), avid (18th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (18th April 2019), ThePythonicCow (18th April 2019)

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Which part of the video is the gun that smokes the most?

1. "By the way, his [Macron's] popularity was 24% before the fire, and guess what - it was 24% after the fire."

2. "A day before the fire, twelve of the major apostles that were in the church, as well as important window coverings and rose colored glass windows, were taken away from the church by miracle! The New York Times called it a miracle!"

Well, in the first excerpt, the speaker poses to prepare his audience for a suprise, but he then reveals that the level of popularity of president Macron remained the same after the fire - 24%. What kind of nutty argument is that? Nope, this gun is a bullet-free toy.

But the second excerpt nails it: A miracle took place in a church! Even The New York Times concurred! And so, all you have to do is to answer the question who is best known to perform miracles around here and you know who the arsonist is.

Well, no one else performs miracles in such a neat way, but God, right?

But seriously... Is it possible that Donald Trump got something to do with the fire? See, even the POTUS is a human being prone to make mistakes here and there.

17. Link to Post #70
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Our Lady of Paris in flames - The company that restored Notre-Dame states its version: No soldering or hot spot

Sputnik France
    19:21 17.04.2019

© Sputnik. Julien Mattia

No work on the frame had begun when the fire broke out at the Notre-Dame cathedral, seriously damaging the building, said in a comment to AFP a representative of the company in charge not only of the scaffolding, but also of the renovation of the wooden frame of the spire and its cover.

The company Le Bras Frères, which mounted the scaffolding around the spire of Notre-Dame de Paris, "excluded" Wednesday "any responsibility" in the fire that ravaged the building.

"They exclude any responsibility," says AFP a spokesman for the company, ensuring that after "the first shock", she considered the situation with "serenity" since "the procedures were respected".

According to him, the twelve employees present on the site Monday, day of the fire, were heard by the judicial police in Paris and "collaborate perfectly" with the investigators.
    "They confirmed that there was no hot spot on the scaffolding" and have done "no welding work," he continued

"When you leave a building site you have to
    cut off all the electricity, the circuit breaker, lock the door and return the keys to the sacristy of the cathedral, which has been done and duly noted in the notebooks", assured this spokesperson.

"The last one left at 5:50 pm (one hour before the outbreak of the fire, Editor's note) and the first at 5:20 pm", descending "by the two elevators that served the scaffolding," he detailed.
    According to him, a "mission of expertise" is in progress "to see how to dismantle the scaffolding (...) weakened by the fire", the idea being "to set up another scaffolding to dismount the first in all security".

The scaffolding, he said, was under construction, to be "delivered in mid-July" and "no work on the frame had yet begun."

The company Le Bras Frères, located in Jarny (Meurthe-et-Moselle), won a tender for three lots, scaffolding but also the renovation of the wooden frame of the spire and its outer cover. These last two operations had not yet begun, reminds the agency.

------------------------------------------------

The Video Authorities Don’t Want You To See: Mystery Person & Flash Of Light Before Notre Dame Cathedral Fire

By DCWhispers
    Posted on April 17, 2019

If it had only been a singular incident involving a Catholic church in France the burning of one of the most well known human monuments to all of Christianity and Western Civilization could be understandably classified as an unfortunate accident during recent renovation work.

Given that more than a thousand French churches across the country have been vandalized in recent years, though, more and more French (and others) are wondering if the Notre Dame fire wasn’t something far more sinister.

Just released video of what appears to be someone moving inside the cathedral followed by a flash of light allegedly right before the fire started will do nothing to lessen those suspicions. If this was an act of vandalism and not an accident then hopefully the perpetrator(s) will soon be caught and brought to justice.

Here is that video which is now going viral all across the world:

=================================================

Apparently, there was a fire drill which took place a week prior to the actual fire...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), anandacate (19th April 2019), avid (18th April 2019), Bill Ryan (18th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (18th April 2019), Franny (19th April 2019), Philippe (18th April 2019), seko (19th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019), WhiteFeather (18th April 2019), Zanshin (20th April 2019)

19. Link to Post #71
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Chief engineer of Notre Dame: That fire's flames needed an accelerant to reach and burn the church's ancient oak beams

Agora Vox
    Thu, 18 Apr 2019 11:55 UTC
    Translated by Sott.net

Former chief architect/engineer of Notre Dame Cathedral, who oversaw renovation of its electrical wiring and installed a modern fire detection sytem in 2010

The head engineer responsible for the Notre Dame site had this to say on French TV two days ago about the 'accident' on Monday:
    "With really old oak like that, you'd need a lot of smaller wood to first get the fire hot enough for the ancient oak beams to burn.

In 2010 we replaced all the electrical wiring, so there's no way this was sparked by a short-circuit. We put new wiring in place according to modern standards. And we went even further; we installed state-of-the-art fire protection and detection systems in the cathedral.

At all times, there are always two men on standby in the Cathedral, day and night, to go investigate anything the moment an alarm goes off, then if necessary to call the fire emergency services.

I am really stunned that this [the fire] has happened."

Video (French) at: https://www.facebook.com/havasijulie...7343147244370/

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), anandacate (19th April 2019), Arcturian108 (18th April 2019), avid (18th April 2019), Bill Ryan (18th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), enigma3 (20th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (18th April 2019), Franny (19th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Philippe (18th April 2019), pluton (18th April 2019), Rosemarie (18th April 2019), seko (19th April 2019), Swan (19th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019), WhiteFeather (18th April 2019)

21. Link to Post #72
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

French journalist: France is burning - two churches are vandalized each day & no one gives a f*ck

Paul Joseph Watson Summit News
    Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:49 UTC

French journalist Maxime Lepante warns that France's history is "in the process of burning down" as a result of two churches being vandalized every day and that political and religious leaders don't "give a f*ck."

Lepante highlighted recently released statistics that show there were 1062 anti-Christian acts in 2018, compared to just 100 anti-Muslim acts. Throughout 2018, no less than 875 churches in France were targeted.
    "Two churches were vandalized per day," said Lepante, adding,

"This government, this regime....including the Pope, including the cardinals, shut their mouth, say nothing when our churches are being vandalized, and in contrast, the minute there is a mosque that has a pot of pork sausage in front of it, there's immediately arrest and prison for the person who did it....apologies from the whole of France, the stigmatization of racism and so on, it's an absolutely unbearable double standard!"
    Amy Mek @AmyMek

BREAKING: Famous French Journalist Slams Pope, Elites & Macron for Notre Dame Fire!

"2018 we had 1063 anti-Christian acts - 2 churches were vandalized PER DAY!"

'The pride of our history is burning & and I accuse all the quislings of being responsible'https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmQHMmFk85k9pV5S2QwyF3ASLTzqZ4tD7PWLuobhFF5KtH&channel=251530 …

8:48 PM - Apr 16, 2019
    Lepante then pointed out that the Notre Dame cathedral was vandalized a few years ago by feminist protesters who sprayed urine everywhere and that the left's response was to laugh while the perpetrators were acquitted.

The journalist then cited the story of how a Pakistani migrant who had only been in the country two months caused "extensive damage" to the Basilica of Saint-Denis in Paris.

"I would like to remind you that in the week March 12th-19th, twelve French churches were vandalized," said Lepante, before citing several examples of how leading leftist figures in France have openly called for the destruction of Paris' historical buildings and monuments and how political leaders don't "give a f*ck" about the situation.

"The situation is grave, the situation is scandalous, it's the pride of our history that is in the process of burning down," said Lepante.

The Notre Dame Fire

Paul Joseph Watson
    Published on Apr 16, 2019

And how BuzzFeed ran defense for vile people who celebrated it.

Check out http://summit.news

TURBO FORCE: http://bit.ly/TURBOFORCE

YouTube demonetizes all of my videos. Support my work here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitt...

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), anandacate (18th April 2019), Arcturian108 (18th April 2019), Bill Ryan (18th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), Franny (19th April 2019), Krist (19th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Philippe (18th April 2019), pluton (18th April 2019), Rosemarie (18th April 2019), seko (19th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019)

23. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)

Our Lady of Paris in flames - The company that restored Notre-Dame states its version: No soldering or hot spot

Sputnik France
    19:21 17.04.2019
    Don't expect the company to hint any negligence on its part.
    Be careful about the source - Sputnik.

"Like RT, Sputnik slickly remixes President Vladimir Putin’s brand of revanchist nationalism for an international audience, presenting the United States as an ailing imperial power bent on holding on to its domains. But whereas RT functions more like a tabloid news service, Sputnik looks to be presenting a kind of propaganda that’s very much rooted in 2014. RT, one might say, is the Daily Mail of Kremlin propaganda — aggressive, brash, and often ridiculous."
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2014/11/10...of-propaganda/

24. Link to Post #74
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pluton (here)
    [...]
    Don't expect the company to hint any negligence on its part.
    Be careful about the source - Sputnik.
    [...]
    Yohooo... anyone there?

They hadn't started any renovation on that roof yet... only setting up the scaffolding. So indeed, why would there be any welding/soldering going on. Plus, all the workers left one hour prior to the start of the fire and shut down all electrical power.

My turn to hand you a caveat: be careful of ANY propaganda whether straight or counter... just consider the data.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), Franny (19th April 2019), greybeard (18th April 2019), Kryztian (20th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), seko (19th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019)

26. Link to Post #75
    United States Avalon Member Ascension's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 times in 201 posts

Seriously? Did somebody delete Pluton's posts??? I was working through the math and they disappeared. Okay, so to whoever did that, it's obvious you have no interest in numerology. Does that mean nobody else can look at the material?

Pluton, where did the idea of alien puzzle come from in the now deleted post?

I'm miffed. Is is not possible to simply skip posts if you don't understand them? Censorship for my "benefit" is not appreciated.

Even if you considered it "crazy", could you not have moved the posts into a thread called Notre Dame by numbers, or something like that to get it out of the what is apparently a main stream alternative thread on the topic. There are degrees of thinking outside the box and Pluton stepped outside of it?
    Last edited by Ascension; 18th April 2019 at 19:06.

27. Link to Post #76
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Notre-Dame: Police say 'short circuit' most likely cause of devastating blaze
    Sky News Sky News

Investigators believe an electrical short circuit was the most likely cause of the Notre-Dame fire, it has been revealed.

The fire on Monday tore through the Parisian landmark, destroying much of the cathedral's interior and causing the spire to come crashing down.

A police official has said investigators still do not have the go-ahead to work in the cathedral for safety reasons, adding that the monument is currently being reinforced with wooden planks to support some parts of the structure.

The fire service have warned that the building remains fragile and extremely dangerous for people to work in.

Police have also closed off a large part of the island which the cathedral sits on, citing "important risks" of collapse and falling objects.

President Emmanuel Macron held a ceremony at the Elysee Palace to thank the firefighters who saved the building from total collapse.

Revealing that the firefighters will receive a medal for their "courage and devotion", Mr Macron said: "We've seen before our eyes the right things perfectly organised in a few moments, with responsibility, courage, solidarity and a meticulous organisation.

"The worst has been avoided."

It was previously thought that the fire was a result of the renovation work going on, though investigators confirmed that no one was on site as the fire broke out.

It is believed that the fire was started accidentally and investigators are questioning cathedral staff and construction workers. Around 40 people have been spoken to so far.

Firefighters say Notre-Dame came within 15 to 30 minutes of total destruction.

Hundreds of millions of euros has been pledged by businessmen and philanthropists to rebuild Notre Dame.

President Macron vowed to restore the cathedral within five years, however experts say it could take up to 15 years.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Pam (25th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019)

29. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Ascension (here)
    Seriously? Did somebody delete Pluton's posts??? I was working through the math and they disappeared. Okay, so to whoever did that, it's obvious you have no interest in numerology. Does that mean nobody else can look at the material?

Pluton, where did the idea of alien puzzle come from in the now deleted post?

I'm miffed. Is is not possible to simply skip posts if you don't understand them? Censorship for my benefit is not appreciated.
    Together with a few brief posts of Keyholder's, they've been moved to this new thread. You've more than welcome to discuss this there.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th April 2019 at 19:22.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), Ascension (18th April 2019), Bob (18th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (19th April 2019), Franny (19th April 2019), Hervé (18th April 2019), Kryztian (20th April 2019), Yoda (19th April 2019), ZenBaller (19th April 2019)

31. Link to Post #78
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Notre-Dame: Police say 'short circuit' most likely cause of devastating blaze
    Sky News Sky News
    [...]
    Well, since no welding equipment had yet made it to the roof for repairs and renovations, a short circuit would have had to be arching for quite a while -and without blowing up anything else on the power line - in order to heat up thick oak beams to combustion point...

They just forgot, in the preparation of their ready-made nothing-burger that all electricals and their circuit breakers were shut down when the crew left 1 hour before the fire started.

So, unless someone switched the circuit breakers back on... there aren't that many possibilities left as to how that fire started.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2019), Arcturian108 (19th April 2019), Bob (18th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), Franny (19th April 2019), KiwiElf (19th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Philippe (18th April 2019), Valerie Villars (18th April 2019), Zanshin (18th April 2019)

33. Link to Post #79
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

All of this makes me wonder what the Yellow Vest protests are going to be like this weekend.

34. Link to Post #80
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

The best discussion I've seen of what is known so far about the start of the fire, including comments from Benjamin Mouton, who served as Chief Architect of Historic Monuments in France until 2013, that this fire could not have started without an accelerant, and that it was not an accident due to the construction work.

At the 10:52 mark, this report refers to a Rolling Stone article in which they feel liberated. That Rolling Stone article is How Should France Rebuild Notre Dame? Much of the structure survived the blaze — but as rebuilding efforts move forward, the country will be left with a big question: What does the cathedral mean to 21st-century France?.

Here's the liberation quote from that Rolling Stone article:
    Quote But for some people in France, Notre Dame has also served as a deep-seated symbol of resentment, a monument to a deeply flawed institution and an idealized Christian European France that arguably never existed in the first place. “The building was so overburdened with meaning that its burning feels like an act of liberation,” says Patricio del Real, an architecture historian at Harvard University.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 19th April 2019 at 06:12.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (19th April 2019), Arcturian108 (19th April 2019), Bill Ryan (19th April 2019), Chip (19th April 2019), enigma3 (20th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (19th April 2019), Hervé (19th April 2019), KiwiElf (19th April 2019), Kryztian (20th April 2019), Pam (25th April 2019), Philippe (19th April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast