Thread: The Gardening Thread

1. Link to Post #81
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks

Default Re: The Gardening Thread

Quote Posted by Bodhicee (here)
    (A part of) my beautiful backyard.

Featuring a Callistemon Viminalis shrub, commonly known the Weeping Bottlebrush and much loved by Rainbow Lorikeets when in flower.

http://www.anpsa.org.au/c-vim.html

Attachment 43430

Beautiful Bodhicee!! thanks for sharing

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lilybee8 For This Post:

Anka (26th April 2020), Bill Ryan (26th April 2020), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (24th October 2020), Victoria (6th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Today I transplanted (starter plants,) 8 broccoli and 8 romaine lettuce plants. I still have 4 collards and various herbs along with 8 spots free to plant something else. Hopefully this season turns out good.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (23rd October 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd October 2020), Constance (30th January 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Forest Denizen (30th January 2021), Harmony (24th October 2020), Nenuphar (23rd October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd October 2020), Victoria (6th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #83
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Today I transplanted (starter plants,) 8 broccoli and 8 romaine lettuce plants. I still have 4 collards and various herbs along with 8 spots free to plant something else. Hopefully this season turns out good.
    I wish you a great season!
    Please keep a piece of fresh lettuce for me for Christmas !!
    When I have a lot of snow up to the window, I will look at a picture of your fresh vegetables
    I really wish you a lot of joy in gardening!

Anca
    And all this to be just human.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd October 2020), Constance (30th January 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Forest Denizen (30th January 2021), Harmony (24th October 2020), Nenuphar (23rd October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd October 2020), Strat (23rd October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd October 2020), Victoria (6th July 2021)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 times in 199 posts

The gardening season here wrapped up in mid-September. I got my garlic in late this year, on October 12th. Just in the nick of time, too - in the next few days, we had the first hard frost, and then it snowed. There has been snow on the ground since! Glad to have things put to bed for the season and almost all the produce processed and/or stored.
    Last edited by Nenuphar; 26th October 2020 at 13:46.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nenuphar For This Post:

Anka (24th October 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd October 2020), Constance (30th January 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Forest Denizen (30th January 2021), Gracy (23rd October 2020), Harmony (24th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (24th October 2020), Strat (23rd October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd October 2020), Victoria (6th July 2021), wondering (31st January 2021)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

I am 2 months or so away from being able to start transplants indoors, but am already combing through gardening blogs and seed sites and making "To Grow" lists in anticipation. A number of health issues have sapped my energy in recent years to an alarming degree, but I still do what I can to keep a garden going in the summer. I love seeing things grow.

In late November, I decided to experiment with growing micro-tomatoes. It's neat to watch them develop, though I likely won't start them this early again. I have one main grow-light, and two plants have already grown too tall to fit under it!

Browsing seed sites and reading about various heirloom and open-pollinated varieties is a favourite pastime. Some of the varieties have such interesting histories. It is apparent that last year's demand for seeds and the urge to garden (by many people who, before 2020, never gave it the slightest thought) continues. Many sites are either 2-5 weeks behind in processing orders, or are shutting down periodically for several days to catch up. An 'up' side to all this is that small, independent seed businesses have been doing very well. Many items (most often the basics, like varieties of green beans) were sold out by mid-January on the sites I frequented. Hopefully, this will nudge people to explore the seed libraries in their area, "Seedy Saturday" events (many will be virtual this year), and online forums for trading seeds with other gardeners.

On my wish-list of things to grow this year are a few new-to-me and rare tomato varieties, peppers (often a challenge for me in this zone, 2a/3), and Romanesco cauliflower (I call it, "fractal cauliflower" - tasty and it looks really cool). Though I truly dread the amount of weeding ahead, I can't wait to see the bees, damselflies, and ladybugs who visit once things begin to bloom.

Hoping my fellow Avalon gardeners are well.
    Last edited by Nenuphar; 30th January 2021 at 15:40.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nenuphar For This Post:

Alecs (4th July 2021), Anka (30th January 2021), Bill Ryan (30th January 2021), Constance (30th January 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Forest Denizen (30th January 2021), Harmony (31st January 2021), Strat (30th January 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), wondering (31st January 2021)

11. Link to Post #86
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Quote Posted by Nenuphar (here)
    I am 2 months or so away from being able to start transplants indoors, but am already combing through gardening blogs and seed sites and making "To Grow" lists in anticipation. A number of health issues have sapped my energy in recent years to an alarming degree, but I still do what I can to keep a garden going in the summer. I love seeing things grow.

In late November, I decided to experiment with growing micro-tomatoes. It's neat to watch them develop, though I likely won't start them this early again. I have one main grow-light, and two plants have already grown too tall to fit under it!

Browsing seed sites and reading about various heirloom and open-pollinated varieties is a favourite pastime. Some of the varieties have such interesting histories. It is apparent that last year's demand for seeds and the urge to garden (by many people who, before 2020, never gave it the slightest thought) continues. Many sites are either 2-5 weeks behind in processing orders, or are shutting down periodically for several days to catch up. An 'up' side to all this is that small, independent seed businesses have been doing very well. Many items (most often the basics, like varieties of green beans) were sold out by mid-January on the sites I frequented. Hopefully, this will nudge people to explore the seed libraries in their area, "Seedy Saturday" events (many will be virtual this year), and online forums for trading seeds with other gardeners.

On my wish-list of things to grow this year are a few new-to-me and rare tomato varieties, peppers (often a challenge for me in this zone, 2a/3), and Romanesco cauliflower (I call it, "fractal cauliflower" - tasty and it looks really cool). Though I truly dread the amount of weeding ahead, I can't wait to see the bees, damselflies, and ladybugs who visit once things begin to bloom.

Hoping my fellow Avalon gardeners are well.

Don’t you just absolutely LOVE seed catalogue season! I can’t wait to smell the earthy sent of the thawed soil and I wait in earnest for the catalogues! The anticipation along with the veggies I have canned in the pantry keep me going during the cold winter days!

Much Love to you,
    Julia

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Alecs (4th July 2021), Anka (30th January 2021), Bill Ryan (30th January 2021), Constance (30th January 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Forest Denizen (30th January 2021), Harmony (31st January 2021), Hym (4th July 2021), Nenuphar (30th January 2021), Strat (30th January 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), wondering (31st January 2021)

13. Link to Post #87
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My garden is quite small at the moment but it looks pretty and the broccoli will be great additions to salads. Special thanks to Anka for her advice. Here's an earlier pic:

And here's a pic from today:

I have another area that's quite small but it looks a bit dull at the moment. Just various herbs and a few flowers. It's a nice reading area though.
    Last edited by Strat; 30th January 2021 at 22:54.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Alecs (4th July 2021), Anka (30th January 2021), Bill Ryan (31st January 2021), Constance (30th January 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (31st January 2021), heretogrow (31st January 2021), Hym (4th July 2021), Nenuphar (31st January 2021), Peace in Oz (31st January 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), wondering (31st January 2021)

15. Link to Post #88
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Dear Strat,
    This is a fairly ripe big broccoli, ready to harvest! Now his younger siblings are going to grow ... Your plants are very well maintained, the leaves are "fat" and nourished with water and "food", they really look great!

If I could add a fortune cookie to the "Thanks" button, then I would say wholeheartedly that you have beautiful happy plants, and your garden will continue to thrive

I wish you happy weather and good gardening, Strat!

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Alecs (4th July 2021), Bill Ryan (31st January 2021), Constance (31st January 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (31st January 2021), heretogrow (31st January 2021), Hym (4th July 2021), Nenuphar (31st January 2021), Strat (31st January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (31st January 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021)

17. Link to Post #89
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So I harvested the broccoli today. I gave 1 head away and I still have way too much at the moment, I'm going to be eating a lot of broccoli this week. I suppose this will continue as long as the newer shoots grow.

Check out this guy, he is an incredible gardener. The skeptic in me wants to call bull**** but when I hear him speak I can tell he knows his stuff. I only hope I can be as good as him one day:

And a fellow FL boy. Not sure I want to put in this much work but this is inspirational:
    Last edited by Strat; 1st February 2021 at 04:27.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (1st February 2021), Bill Ryan (1st February 2021), Bluegreen (1st February 2021), Constance (1st February 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (1st February 2021), Nenuphar (1st February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st February 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021)

19. Link to Post #90
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

How to purify your air with houseplants
    2/6/21

"Wwhen it comes to your health, every little bit counts.
    Even your… houseplants!

I thought this was really neat. It turns out, certain plants are powerhouses when it comes to purifying the air in your home.

When you know which plants to pick and how to care for them, it goes a long way towards both making your home beautiful and your air free of toxins.

Here’s a free guide for you… over 40 pages of houseplant info and care to help you get started on the road to naturally clean air. It’s completely complimentary, no strings attached (just click and read):
    https://app.box.com/s/gaugd13vdxltbxwzhi9a4gnsdw1jq35i

In this special report, you will learn about top indoor plants that will purify the air you breathe, as well as how to care for them.

You will also learn which toxins are most likely to be absorbed by each particular plant so you better understand how each variety goes to work in helping clean the air.

If you follow directions from this guide and put a little work into caring for these plants, you’ll have a lovely, green home with a superior air supply!

Here are some of the plants they cover that are not only beautiful, but also especially good for a healthy home:

Pothos
    Dwarf Date Palm
    Peace Lily
    Philodendron
    Spider Plant
    Chrysanthemums
    Rubber Plant
    Boston Fern
    Areca Palm
    Dracaena

And, you’ll also get Bonus Tips for how to keep your plants healthy, thriving, and purifying the air you breathe.

All you have to do is click the link and download the book! It’s a great addition to your digital library."

To your health,

The Vaccines Revealed Team

update: (Aloe vera plants should be added to that list)
    Last edited by onawah; 6th February 2021 at 21:04.
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Anka (6th February 2021), Bill Ryan (11th February 2021), Constance (7th February 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (7th February 2021), Strat (6th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021)

21. Link to Post #91
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    How to purify your air with houseplants
    2/6/21

"Wwhen it comes to your health, every little bit counts.
    Even your… houseplants!

I thought this was really neat. It turns out, certain plants are powerhouses when it comes to purifying the air in your home.

When you know which plants to pick and how to care for them, it goes a long way towards both making your home beautiful and your air free of toxins.

Here’s a free guide for you… over 40 pages of houseplant info and care to help you get started on the road to naturally clean air. It’s completely complimentary, no strings attached (just click and read):
    https://app.box.com/s/gaugd13vdxltbxwzhi9a4gnsdw1jq35i

In this special report, you will learn about top indoor plants that will purify the air you breathe, as well as how to care for them.

You will also learn which toxins are most likely to be absorbed by each particular plant so you better understand how each variety goes to work in helping clean the air.

If you follow directions from this guide and put a little work into caring for these plants, you’ll have a lovely, green home with a superior air supply!

Here are some of the plants they cover that are not only beautiful, but also especially good for a healthy home:

Pothos
    Dwarf Date Palm
    Peace Lily
    Philodendron
    Spider Plant
    Chrysanthemums
    Rubber Plant
    Boston Fern
    Areca Palm
    Dracaena

And, you’ll also get Bonus Tips for how to keep your plants healthy, thriving, and purifying the air you breathe.

All you have to do is click the link and download the book! It’s a great addition to your digital library."

To your health,

The Vaccines Revealed Team
    Kinda busy so I didn't click the link, forgive me if this is covered in it: I 'played' with this idea years ago and I've been planning on picking up where I left off. NASA did a study on which plants are best for purifying air. When I get a chance to google it I'll post it here.

At the moment I have peace lillys (though they're outside) and spider plants. Spider plants are very very tough, I like them.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (6th February 2021), Bill Ryan (11th February 2021), Constance (7th February 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (7th February 2021), onawah (6th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021)

23. Link to Post #92
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

I stop here just to say that spring is near, even if it is still cool outside, even minus 10 degrees at night, in the heated space, it is "that time of year" when I have to start sowing all the seeds: peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, celery...all takes time to grow and to be planted in the field, so I, living in a cold area, try to advance the planting by at least two weeks, to have an efficient harvest before the frost in Autumn.

Basically this is the part I like most in gardening for which you need a kind of good intention in it, so it is also a kind of "spiritual" work , but i also like especially the cultivation of the whole season in close relation with the desires of plants and the weather... more and more capricious every year.
    But I'm happy that this year I found seeds from Romanian producers, at a kind of association of over 10,000 members ... and I didn't know about it. They are all workers for Nature, the seeds are not hybrids, some are over 60 years old, some come from research stations over 50 years old (valuable non-monetized research). It looks like a good "conspiracy" and I want to be inside, passing on the seeds for free

Over time I have seen how "professional" seeds are genetically halved in production capacity, but especially have clear requirements for "curative management" of the plant with other commercial solutions, and I understand that I do not have to buy them. . I will make my seeds now.

My garlic, planted in late autumn, sat quietly under the snow cover, and now it has emerged "victorious", it has a considerable reserve of water and organic fertilizer from the chickens, all it needs is a little sun.

The next spring works after the danger of freezing pass, are the cutting of vines, fruit trees, raspberry bushes and the thinning of strawberry plants.

And finally, thanking you for the thread Strat, I'm happy for spring to come, and I've been looking (as I do every year) for the first snowdrops, dandelions, and crocuses. I found something and I took the weight off them, I will simply share them

And the last one, which EFO told me to dedicate for you Strat, just for fun ....

Loofah-They simply seem very useful to me, and I received the ordered seeds today. I hope to have a less rainy and cold weather this year because they like the heat, and I can't wait to taste them: in the oven with salt and cheese over and when they cool down a bit, I put sour cream .. .I think it works ... I never tasted them ; they are those big seeds in the middle of picture and they grow quite quickly and are planted in mid-April, I think the temperature should be over 14 degrees in the soil.

Here are some ideas on how to use them

What Happens When a LUFFA Sponge Goes to SEED?(7:11)

The best season ever for all little gardeners !!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th February 2021), Constance (11th February 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (5th July 2021), Strat (11th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021)

25. Link to Post #93
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 05:32.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alecs (4th July 2021), Anka (12th February 2021), Bill Ryan (11th February 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (5th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (5th July 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), Violet3 (5th July 2021)

27. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

I'm bumping this thread for selfish reasons. For the first time in 15 years, I'm away from my garden and am missing the whole process of planting, tending/loving, and harvesting terribly. I'm helping my mother following my father's passing, and she lives in a city on the other side of the country from me. My 'gardening' this summer consists of a bit of parsley, annual flowers, and a few greens growing on her balcony. Seeing food prices here has been sobering and makes me miss being able to grow our own food even more. Not being able to makes me feel a bit claustrophobic.

I would love to hear about or see pictures of what my fellow gardeners on Avalon are up to this summer. I'll live vicariously through you until I'm eventually back to my little northern garden!

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nenuphar For This Post:

Alecs (4th July 2021), Anka (4th July 2021), Bill Ryan (4th July 2021), Brigantia (4th July 2021), EFO (5th July 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Gracy (4th July 2021), Harmony (5th July 2021), Peace in Oz (4th July 2021), rgray222 (4th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (5th July 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), wondering (5th July 2021)

29. Link to Post #95
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Thank you for your kindness, dear Nenuphar!

I understand your need for gardening ... for me, it's: "If not gardening, then what?" ... especially in these difficult times, the food I grow gives me the necessary energy and more, the activity itself it is a second nature ...

I know what you mean about the feeling of living in an apartment, I lived in such a small apartments in very big cities, with a very small balcony, and parsley was always within my reach to plant.Vegetables and fruits are extremely expensive indeed, I'm not talking about the extensive way in which they were grown.

Nor could I live for more than a maximum of 6 months (I think...) away from "walking barefoot on earth" in my garden.
    This year, in Romania, the climate did not help me at the beginning of the year, being very cold, and going through too unwanted events, I did not manage, having time, to plant the vegetable plants in time...but I managed to recover the whole season as I wanted.

But still, summer is my garden friend, the sun is accompanied by rainy nights, my care during the day is seen in the healthy green content of the plants, and I am satisfied, hoping that the plants, regardless of the harvest, fulfill their short mission of plants, however, they always offered me more than I hoped.

If it helps, I invite you to my garden table, where I gathered lilies and some raspberries! The afternoons are very pleasant here, a light breeze starts to blow and the peace of the garden is felt in the air; the birds fly over the garden in their game (I feed them fully) and in the shade of two plum trees, sometimes I sit on an old and solid sunbed. There is almost no agitation in the world for me..then. On pleasant summer nights, you can "feel" how the plants "work" and grow ... I think you know the feeling too

I'm sorry for the longing you have! I am with you and your parents, I embrace you all!
    I don't need to know you to understand you.

Flowers for you and the heart of your northern garden!

Pumpkins blooming in the diligence of bees.

Beans for the best preserves I make for next winter.

Tomatoes without chemical fertilizers, with fresh sun juice, for the best cheese and freshly baked bread

Peppers and eggplant interspersed.

More tomatoes (I have a special relationship with tomatoes, I like to take care of them in a more special way, I have many varieties)

Cabbage, beets, garlic, and behind the garden I have onions, celery, thyme, parsley, several plants, necessary for a complete diet.

I do everything I can to keep the family's health and immunity at the rank of art, for such strange times.

I hope I helped you, at least a little. Hugs around the world for you!

Take care!

I forgot to say that this was the beginning of the season when the heat finally came.

With gratitude,
    Anca and the garden

30. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Alecs (6th July 2021), Ankle Biter (5th July 2021), aoibhghaire (4th July 2021), Bill Ryan (4th July 2021), Brigantia (4th July 2021), Eva2 (5th July 2021), Ewan (5th July 2021), Gracy (4th July 2021), Harmony (5th July 2021), Hym (4th July 2021), jaybee (4th July 2021), Nenuphar (5th July 2021), Peace in Oz (4th July 2021), Rosemarie (5th July 2021), Satori (5th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (5th July 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), Violet3 (5th July 2021), wondering (4th July 2021), Yoda (4th July 2021)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Anka (here)
    Anca and the garden
    Wow!!
    What an astonishing garden that is... I can barely imagine that!

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (4th July 2021), aoibhghaire (4th July 2021), Eva2 (5th July 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), happyuk (5th July 2021), Harmony (5th July 2021), Hym (4th July 2021), Peace in Oz (4th July 2021), Rosemarie (5th July 2021), Satori (5th July 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), Violet3 (5th July 2021), wondering (4th July 2021), Yoda (4th July 2021)

33. Link to Post #97
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Thanks Bill!
    A thousand hugs to you too!

A few weeks of work gathered throughout the season and divided according to my pleasure and needs of plants, actually preserves all my energy over the year, especially in communion with plants and nature, the effort feels quite rare and blessed.

I am envious of your climate there, it is perfect in special conditions of care, for most plants!

In the old days when the sky were not so "poisonous", I ate carrots directly from the ground without washing them, now I put them in structured water, even if the water in the fountain is from the center of three springs that flow from 1923.

I wish you good health! And I wish you great health forever!
    Be blessed for your pure nature of recognizing what is beautiful!
    Thank you!

Flowers and gratitude, always
    Anca and the garden

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th July 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (5th July 2021), Nenuphar (5th July 2021), Peace in Oz (4th July 2021), Rosemarie (5th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (5th July 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), Violet3 (5th July 2021), wondering (4th July 2021)

35. Link to Post #98
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hey Anka! Remember that peace lily you advised me to replant (a long time ago)? Well it started flowering again! I couldn't believe it.

Shoddy pic I know, I'll try and take a better one later.

Here's a pic of it from January this year. It's an old plant, I can't remember the last time it flowered:
    Last edited by Strat; 5th July 2021 at 01:01.

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (5th July 2021), Bill Ryan (6th July 2021), Eva2 (5th July 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Harmony (5th July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (5th July 2021), Nenuphar (5th July 2021), Peace in Oz (5th July 2021), Rosemarie (5th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (5th July 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021), Violet3 (5th July 2021)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

What a beautiful garden you have there, Anka! Thank you for sharing these pictures!

You must have an excellent crop of pumpkins at harvest time. What kinds of tomatoes do you like to grow? In March, before I left home, I started seeds of Bellestar, Ropreco, Early Annie, Black Sea Man, EM-Champion, Azoychka, Neves Azorean Red, Gary O’Sena, Valencia, Mrs Schlaubaugh’s Famous Strawberry, Kosovo, and Maglia Rosa. I really hope to be home again by late summer to see them.

There was a very intense heat-wave last week in British Columbia, including the northern region where I live. My partner told me the heat and sun roasted and killed many of the carrot and bean seedlings, unfortunately. I told him to plant some kale, chard, and nasturtiums in the areas the other plants died. We have a short gardening season, but it seems like a waste to let any bit of the garden remain without something growing.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nenuphar For This Post:

Anka (5th July 2021), Bill Ryan (6th July 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Victoria (6th July 2021)

39. Link to Post #100
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Hello Strat for you and for the peace lily flower! I am very happy because it has blossomed !! And I am also glad for your joy. Thanks for the photo, she looks very happy in that place!
    I wish you and the sweet peace lili flower, a nice day and a beautiful life!
    Take care!
    Anca

Dear Nenuphar!

Wow, I was looking for your varieties ... they look very interesting!
    I don't think I find seeds of these varieties in my area. Europe is invaded by many common varieties, and I bought many in the past, but this year I searched and found with difficulty, very very old tomato seeds, I contacted private individuals, who were nice to share with me their old seeds.

Now, the names are given by people, in their homes, and if I translate some, it sounds fun ... but I can say that I have tomatoes with definite growth, and with indeterminate growth, I have colors: yellow, orange, black, and some that remain green when ripe. As shapes, I have as cherries, as eggs, as pears, as "ox heart" and some as mushrooms.
    For now, all my tomatoes are green and still growing, but when they ripen I will take a picture.

I'm glad you still have plants in the garden "so that the soil has something to grow" I know the feeling.

I plant pumpkins, for the pie, I freeze part of it to make the cake in winter, and for the seeds from them, from which I extract the oil and use it for some dishes, the pumpkins that I don't use, fatten my soil again, and feed all living things.

I wish you a lot of health and joy for plants, those 15 years of experience in gardening to bring you the most beautiful benefits ever!
    Love,
    Anca

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th July 2021), Ewan (1st July 2022), Nenuphar (2nd February 2022), Strat (6th July 2021), Victoria (6th July 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast