United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,758 times in 702 posts

Default Re: Dance, dance, dance....

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Mod note from Bill:

On searching for 'Dance' threads, I found a whole bunch of them from years past, some of them with very inspiring posts. So just now I merged them all together, keeping the new title as Cara's Dance, dance, dance, the longest of them all and started by her in 2019.

Casey Claar's new thread Dance! isn't merged.... so now we have two main threads rather than half a dozen.

Thank you for that, Bill, and thank you for choosing to not merge my thread, which I would really like to keep focused within the specific theme of overcoming PAIN in the body, and regular people - you and me - all of us getting up off our back sides and hitting the floor. Not to exercise, work out, walk or hike or any other more such usual thing BUT TO DANCE. That thread is not about dances and other people dancing, but us dancing. Will there be any brave takers in the challenge? I hope so. It does "do" something to us inside. I would like to see even a bit of this something spread. People, common people used to dance. It seems something that is getting forgotten ( doesn't it? ). The younger generations, they are not dancing anymore. It was still all the rage when I was young. Everyone danced. Grandparent-figures all the way down to the great grandchildren. I truly feel it needs to be revived. It does something that may forever go away if not.
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (25th September 2022), Vangelo (25th September 2022)

3. Link to Post #122
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,929 times in 1,622 posts

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Alecs (28th January 2023), Bill Ryan (29th September 2022), Harmony (30th September 2022), Ivanhoe (7th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th October 2022), Vangelo (29th September 2022)

5. Link to Post #123
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 times in 428 posts

Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Alecs (28th January 2023), Bill Ryan (18th October 2022), Casey Claar (17th October 2022), Harmony (17th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th October 2022), Vicus (12th December 2022), Zirconian (28th January 2023)

7. Link to Post #124
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 times in 325 posts

I was doing some research work on grounding skills for anxiety and there is a technique called, "shake it out!"

This is to release the effects of the fight/flight/freeze response to stress, as it helps with any "freeze" dissociation, releases the stress hormones that can be troublesome and it resets the body back into the calming parasympatheic mode, which is the rest/digest/problem solving mode.

What does this have to do with dance?

Well, I found this video which is more of a dance version to the technique. I've used it myself and plan to use it most days, to reset my nervous system....and for fun!

It is a "Shake it off," dance.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zirconian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th January 2023), Brigantia (28th January 2023), Harmony (29th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (31st January 2023), Orph (28th January 2023), Peace in Oz (28th January 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7