+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Psychic Surgery: it's real, and it works

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Default Re: Psychic Surgery: it's real, and it works

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    We know from old writings that Eskimo and Araucano medicine men are able to hypnotize their entire audience to the extent that it appears that the medicine man opens up the body of the patient and handles the intestines or other afflicted part and then closes the body without leaving any traces save for some small amounts of blood droplets here and there on occasion. To the patient in these instances the events perceived are real, yet the hallucination is an altered state of consciousness. The question of what is real and what is not certainly becomes vague at best in some settings. I would ask Billy if he is prone to light trance states?

One condition conducive to a light trance state is fishing, especially fishing from a boat on a calm sheet of glass like water with only the gentle breeze and slight ripples now and then to move the boat ever so gently. It is thought to be the result of many hours of sitting idle on the ocean waiting for seals to surface. (LeCron, 1952. p. 15

The reflection of the sun glinting off the water, the gentle rock of the vessel in the water combined with nature can cause even a wide awake person with coffee in his belly to space off into a daydream but for really susceptible people it's almost dangerous. In the far north the Eskimos experience this in what they term "kayak disease," which is feeling of paralysis accompanied by a feeling of separateness from themselves and when this occurs out on the ocean it can become life threatening quickly. Or driving an automobile on a long stretch of highway, a highway made for maximum smoothness combined with driving at night with little traffic to stimulate you so there are few to no distractions. Everyone can be susceptible to this. You begin to go into that same hypnotic state or light trance state. Would you say Billy you are one that is affected by these things? Not trying to put down the experience or the healing just saying hypnotized patients have exhibited some bizarre and often fantastic results of ESP and psychic energy. Seeing the results of some of the other reading I've done it appears mind over matter is real. I imagine a healing could take place but I have to wonder about previous meetings, possible presuggestions or build up as in creating a series of steps as they met you so that each time they went just a littler farther with suggestions, repeated movements, especially involving things like touching your arm, or our shoulder. Not that I'm saying you weren't healed. Quite the opposite. I have to wonder if the little guy isn't just some master hypnosis expert that has presuggested so much to the people involved in the audience including you in private meetings that all he has to do is whatever he has suggested when he comes out and everyone is under! Just like that!

Some of these medicine men and women and what they practice has caused many white travelers to think the medicine men to be great surgeons, when they are not great surgeons but simply great hypnotists! (LeCron, 1952.p.16)

Even primitive cultures noted the uses of hypnosis. It was no secret that hypnotic states aided in memory recall, and acted as an anesthetic and analgesic, as well as a way of expanding mental awareness. 'It has been claimed that strange telepathic powers could be evoked under hypnosis' (Wolfberg 1945.p.52)

In the 1700's when Franz Anton Mesmer was conducting his therapeudic sessions dealing with trance states, he called it animal magnetism. One patient of Mesmer's while under hypnosis, not only saw his lost pet dog, but actually gave specific instructions enabling a third party to locate and retrieve the animal for it's owner based on the instructions given in trance. (LeCron, 1952.p.362).

LeCron, Leslie M. (1952). the McMillan Company New York.Experimental Hypnosis
    Wolberg, Lewis Rober. (1945). Grune & Stratton, New YorkHypnoanalysis.
    What matters most is not what the people in the audience believe, but if the sick person returns to good health.

It is my guess that the presence of an audience can be used by the healer to access energy, to open the interdimensional gate, and thus use their collective consciousness.
    I’m sure every case is different, and different spirits appear to do the healing work.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (30th June 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), jebrenham (11th July 2019), seko (28th November 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

I have witnessed a similar event. In the 1998 Jonathan Creek Christmas Special "Black Canary". ( This episode is an eye-opener to 'how it is done' ). - Sorry Bill, I don't recognize you any more. Either your account has been hacked, or your critical thinking skills are seriously compromised.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ndroock1 For This Post:

sunwings (1st July 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

I have direct experiences with psychic healing with my children growing up. Psychic healing is still very much alive and real here in our place. Although I dont here of a shaman performing psychic surgery to where I live now. From where I grow up yes plenty. Some of these psychic healers are so popular that if it happens that some of you seek treatment from them. Please bring a comfortable chair and something to make you comfortable because its guaranteed that you will wait hours for your turn.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

DeeMetrios (18th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (2nd July 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), TelosianEmbrace (4th July 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

Will copy the reference when I get the chance, but one thing to consider is that a person can have some degree of healing ability (enough to at least stimulate the nervous system to release endorphins), combined with hypnotic skill that creates illusions, making their abilities seem greater than what they really are. In the context of Medical Qigong that I study in, the effect is described as overshadowing someone's Shen, and is analogous to the Indian fakirs who made people think they saw ropes suspended in midair.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Anchor (30th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (2nd July 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Rich (1st July 2019), TelosianEmbrace (4th July 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

I've posted this tale a while back, and in detail, but a quick re-cap:

A friend of mine fell 70ft or so down a granite cliff. He managed to make it to my house early on a Sunday morning, I thought he'd been hit by a car when I saw him....... A right mess. Refused my instance to drive him to hospital, excepted offer of a hot honey and lemon drink (maybe a little whiskey in there), and took himself off.

Fast-forward 10 days, 14 days max. Little light bruising but all cuts, swelling, etc, all gone. Amazed, I asked, "what the f***..........."

He says, "I envisage an army of little people inside my body. I call them to gather and instruct on where to attend and what to fix......... Smoke a joint, get in the zone and send them off on their mission".

Honestly, it was the greatest healing transformation I've ever seen, from then 'til now. If you could've seen the state of him and his body and the difference such a short time later, It was unbelievable.

Made a believer outta me.

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Bubu (1st July 2019), Constance (1st July 2019), DeeMetrios (18th February 2020), Delight (1st July 2019), Dennis Leahy (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (2nd July 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), hohoemi (2nd July 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), jebrenham (1st July 2019), Olam (2nd July 2019), Rich (1st July 2019), Rosco1 (22nd November 2020), Rosemarie (1st July 2019), Sirus (28th February 2022), ulli (1st July 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019), XelNaga (1st July 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by ndroock1 (here)
    Sorry Bill, I don't recognize you any more. Either your account has been hacked, or your critical thinking skills are seriously compromised.
    No need to apologize! I'm assuming you're wondering about my critical thinking skills on this thread because I reported a friend's interesting story in my post #16.

But I don't know that person as well as I know Billy, whose personal experience started the thread. If he says it happened, it happened.

A couple of recommendations:
    I really do understand and respect skepticism. It's valuable, because skeptics ask questions that require answers. And questions and anwers are often extremely useful. But skeptics also need to be open to considering new data.

In my opinion (and I've personally witnessed a number of inexplicable events, including one person who 100% impossibly grew 2.5 inches in height overnight at age 26 — I measured her ), the body may not really be a physical object in the exact sense that we understand, like stones and rocks and sand.

There may be something else going on, related to consciousness and whatever life is, that bears close examination with a really out-of-the-box view.

12. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (1st July 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), DeeMetrios (21st November 2020), Dennis Leahy (2nd July 2019), fifi (10th July 2019), Forest Denizen (1st July 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Hervé (4th July 2019), Hym (10th July 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), James (4th July 2019), Rich (1st July 2019), Rosco1 (22nd November 2020), Rosemarie (1st July 2019), Sirus (28th February 2022), sunwings (1st July 2019), Szymon (2nd May 2023), ulli (1st July 2019), Valerie Villars (1st July 2019), Wmel (4th July 2019), Yoda (1st July 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by Ken (here)
    prc, yes, not all are the real deal, but just the fact that SOME ARE should provide a very clear message that the world is FULL of "magic" that science has simply not caught up with!
    Maybe it's real sometimes but when they can't pull it off, they fake it. That's what Uri Geller supposedly did.
    Understandable. And this is what James Randi relies on with his million dollar challenge, when he tries to disprove psychics. He deliberately disturbs the state of mind of the person, until they lose it, and they all fail the test in the end, even though they have produced a much higher success rate until then than mere chance would allow.
    Skeptics like Randi are the lowest of the low. How can a person have such a closed mind in an infinite universe? An infinite universe contains the potential for infinite possibilities!

This is a short video by Gregg Braden and his experience with Chinese energy healers. The tumor can be seen disappearing on the ultrasound machine.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Constance (3rd July 2019), Dennis Leahy (2nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (2nd July 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Olam (2nd July 2019), Rosco1 (22nd November 2020), ulli (2nd July 2019), Valerie Villars (2nd July 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Skeptics like Randi are the lowest of the low.
    What do you mean by this? Surely you don't mean morals?
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

16. Link to Post #29
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

I believe psychic surgery works , but does not assist all , especially the skeptics & unbelievers .
    Had it twice , in June 2012 in Brazil & during October in 2014 in the Philipinnes .
    Brazil was (( etheric ?)) no hands were used ,
    Philipinnes was on the table , hands on .
    Healers are everywhere on every continent & the ability is also within us .
    Keeping it all very brief .
    cheers
    Last edited by DeeMetrios; 4th July 2019 at 03:54.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Bubu (4th July 2019), Constance (10th July 2019), Forest Denizen (4th July 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Hym (10th July 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019)

18. Link to Post #30
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by Ken (here)
    prc, yes, not all are the real deal, but just the fact that SOME ARE should provide a very clear message that the world is FULL of "magic" that science has simply not caught up with!
    Maybe it's real sometimes but when they can't pull it off, they fake it. That's what Uri Geller supposedly did.
    Understandable. And this is what James Randi relies on with his million dollar challenge, when he tries to disprove psychics. He deliberately disturbs the state of mind of the person, until they lose it, and they all fail the test in the end, even though they have produced a much higher success rate until then than mere chance would allow.
    I believe Randi also tries to replicate the manifestations of the alleged psychic using his skill as a magician and says "there I did it too through vaudeville magic and therefore you are not psychic but a sleight of hand person as I am". So you really can't win this challenge not matter how good a psychic you are.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

Bubu (4th July 2019), DeDukshyn (4th July 2019), Forest Denizen (4th July 2019), Hervé (4th July 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), ulli (4th July 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

PACHITA was a known healer from Mexico. Several credible people in the paranormal field underwent surgery from her
    ( Andrija Puharich, Don Elkins, Carla Ruekert, and several others) They all swear it was legit. She has since passed but apparently the gift was passed on to her son

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seventeen For This Post:

Constance (10th July 2019), DeeMetrios (10th July 2019), Forest Denizen (10th July 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Rosco1 (22nd November 2020)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Thank you for that story Bill. I forgot to mention that I was more than two thousand miles away from my foster grandmother and had not communicated with her in some time. What are we?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Constance (10th July 2019), DeeMetrios (21st November 2020), Forest Denizen (10th July 2019)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Not necessarily morals. They want to stifle exploration and learning. It's like they think we've learned all there is to learn. We have enough of that in the world. Skeptics are a hindrance to advancement of our culture and understanding of the extraordinary topics begging for investigation. Such shallow thinking.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

25. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

DeeMetrios (12th July 2019)

26. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Not necessarily morals. They want to stifle exploration and learning. It's like they think we've learned all there is to learn. We have enough of that in the world. Skeptics are a hindrance to advancement of our culture and understanding of the extraordinary topics begging for investigation. Such shallow thinking.
    I feel completely the opposite, that if no one ever stops to say, "hey, does this actually work? Maybe there's a better idea" the advancement of our culture will stop. True, skepticism can be an enormous roadblock to someone accepting knowledge needed to progress! It also serves as an excellent protective measure to prevent one from being scammed or drawn in by cult leaders, though. Not everyone's motives are good, and that's why skepticism is a necessary evil.

I tend to launch myself into life with an attitude of "yes, and", so I get your angle. Skepticism is frustrating. It's always paired with something else when it becomes truly hindersome though–the fear of change. It can be applied with wisdom to better direct your ship, though. Not everything should be given a resounding, "yes, and!" Synchronicity tends to bring me an enormous amount of things that deserve a hearty "yes, yes, what next" and skepticism could prevent that from launching itself forward. But I don't think the skepticism that rears its head when someone knocks on the door with a child sponsorship to sell me is misplaced. In fact, I know it's not–one of my friends ended up working for a company that turned out to be a donation soliciting scam!

Now I agree people who think we've learned all there is to learn are frustrating, I just also think it's good to ask questions and poke holes in things before leaping in. The reality is there are scammers in these fields, as well as incredible miracles. I've seen a few things myself. Not full blown psychic surgery, but healings of miraculous origin. I just always try to remember there's reasons why people are skeptical on reports of things which are undoubtably possible from my perspective. It just means there's more work to be done to validate the field of healing via the mind.

Skeptics are an opportunity for you to pre-emptively strengthen your case when talking to people in the real world by knowing what questions people will ask about subjects. This gives you the opportunity to think about how you would rebut a skeptical person's claims, thus you'll be prepared when you have actual conversations. So their opinions can be valuable for giving you the narratives you might encounter. There's layers of reasoning that build up their fears, and they're just a figurehead for a view that inevitably penetrates further into society. So I find it a great thing when I can come to understand the view of someone who holds an opposing view to me. This enormously broadens my ability to connect and empathize with real views I stumble into in conversations.

I suppose the difference between good skepticism and bad skepticism, from my point of view, is a good skeptic will say, "I dunno, I need more data, there could be a better way and I don't know if this is safe yet, so let me do some research and I'll get back to you" and a bad skeptic will say, "I don't know, so let's just stick with what we have now because it works, why would we deviate from what works, there's no point in looking in any further because we know this works well enough for us now." It's okay to not be sure about a subject that's unfamiliar, and I think a lot of people lodge themselves in a sense of dubiousness leading to a block of fear rather than curiosity and a zest for further knowledge leading to excitement in the pursuit of knowledge.

Have a good one.
    May the Force be with you.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ti For This Post:

DeeMetrios (21st November 2020), Strat (26th July 2019), Wind (29th July 2019)

28. Link to Post #35
    New Zealand Avalon Member Clarity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote prc, yes, not all are the real deal, but just the fact that SOME ARE should provide a very clear message that the world is FULL of "magic" that science has simply not caught up with!
    Just because it works does not necessarily mean it comes from the light.

John of God (arguably the most famous psychic healer) was one sick, evil dude - yet he was able to 'heal'.

I know a two people who traveled all the way from NZ to Brazil - they had the strangest vibe around them on their returned.
    Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clarity For This Post:

DeeMetrios (21st November 2020), Icare (1st May 2020), Tam (28th November 2019), Valerie Villars (28th November 2019)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Keajran (29th November 2019), Valerie Villars (28th November 2019), Yoda (28th November 2019)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Clarity (here)
    Quote prc, yes, not all are the real deal, but just the fact that SOME ARE should provide a very clear message that the world is FULL of "magic" that science has simply not caught up with!
    Just because it works does not necessarily mean it comes from the light.

John of God (arguably the most famous psychic healer) was one sick, evil dude - yet he was able to 'heal'.

I know a two people who traveled all the way from NZ to Brazil - they had the strangest vibe around them on their returned.
    what were they healed of and what was their vibe like?

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Icare (1st May 2020), Patient (29th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2019), Valerie Villars (29th November 2019)

34. Link to Post #38
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,299 times in 1,185 posts

Default Re: Our World May Be A Giant Hologram, Scientists Say

Quote Posted by Billy (here)
    His name is Alex Orbito. He is resident in the Philippines and travels to a few places twice a year, Holland being one of the countries he visits.

thanks for the discovery

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

DeeMetrios (21st November 2020)

36. Link to Post #39
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

i have read that parts of the Philipinnes were around when Lemuria was a continent & thus the healing energy still exists , via re-incarnation or other means .. i would have returned there again this year but with travel restrictions solidly grounded now it looks very distant .

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Lunesoleil (21st November 2020), TelosianEmbrace (21st November 2020)

38. Link to Post #40
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,299 times in 1,185 posts

Quote Posted by DeeMetrios (here)
    i have read that parts of the Philipinnes were around when Lemuria was a continent & thus the healing energy still exists , via re-incarnation or other means ..
    In the book The Universe of Egar Cayce by author Dorothée Koechlin de Bizemont, not sure if it has been translated into English, there is a chapter on Lemuria and another very interesting reflection by the author on a contradictory quote on "We do not stop progress" because our civilization has suffered for thousands of years the annihilation of civilization for having gone too far with new technologies. We are starting to talk about transhumanism and a deadline by 2030 ...

Which means we take the same ones and start over to make the same mistakes as the previous civilizations ???

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

TelosianEmbrace (21st November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast