Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst 1 4 14 21 LastLast

Thread: The 'censorship' discussion

1. Link to Post #261
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: The 'censorship' discussion

Quote Posted by Jad (here)
    I don’t understand why this is being made as if some people are trying to fight Bill for control or make him do things he don’t want. Bill certainly don’t need any forum body guards to protect him from anyone. It’s not about Q at this point. It’s simply a difference of opinions, and since this is Bill’s forum he made his choice and was gracious enough to open a conversation about censorship. No one is forcing Bill to change his mind. The people who don’t like it and find that it’s too much then they can simply leave the forum and save the world somewhere else. If one thing I strongly agree with Dennis is that we are all on the same team and we should never forget that.
    You made it look like as if there is a conflict of intent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #262
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Quote Posted by edina (here)
    [...]
    People in that thread ought not to be subjected to that crap.
    [...]
    Nor do the people on this thread
    Thank you, Hervé. I appreciate your gesture to move those post over to "The Q Booth".
    It means more than I can begin to express ATM.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Clarity (16th July 2019), ClearWater (15th July 2019), Constance (14th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019), edina (14th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Hervé (14th July 2019), justntime2learn (15th July 2019), mojo (14th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #263
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Mod note:

I moved 26 off topic posts from this thread to their most appropriate booth.
    Ras-le-bol:

I moved 22 posts from this thread back to their proper booth.
    You did it again with zero explanation.

Herve, i have no dog in this fight, but are you above explaining your moves to us little people?

6. Link to Post #264
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Mod note:

Ras-le-bol:

Herve, i have no dog in this fight, but are you above explaining your moves to us little people?
    There's your explanation!
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Clarity (16th July 2019), ClearWater (15th July 2019), Constance (14th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), justntime2learn (15th July 2019), mojo (15th July 2019), RunningDeer (15th July 2019), Sophocles (15th July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019)

8. Link to Post #265
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Does the term shadow banning explain why there has been an issue? Am I wrong to think the terms definition meets the criteria of what happened. It seems like this is an important point of contention that should be clarified.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019), edina (15th July 2019)

10. Link to Post #266
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Questions for Bill and the Moderators (and anyone else with insight on this matter):

Isn’t the fact that we have moderators on our forum just a tiny bit like censorship? You do make suggests to some members at times about posting? You guide try to guide their thinking and their way of expressing themselves in a certain direction? (a constructive and positive one) And maybe that is a good thing if we want people to engage in serious critical thought and discussion and keep Project Avalon as the productive and useful enterprise that it is?

In the past, we have had member who could be identified as:
    • Flat Earthers - They also have to interrupt every conversation with their “scientific” explanation, and yet when their theories are held up to actual working scientific theories, their logic crumbles.

• Holocaust Deniers - Most recently, a member didgevillage for whom every political figure was a crypto-Jew or read the Talmud. His information all came from Texe Marrs, a rural Texan preacher named who absolutely knew that everyone who wasn’t a right wing Protestant was destine for hell. The was never any verifiable proof ever offered for and of Marrs claims, yet didgevillage was sure Marrs had “insider information”, even thought Marrs sounded like someone who had never travelled further than the Piggly Wiggly 20 miles down the highway.

• Christian Fundamentalists - I remember at least one member who was certain that all events we were looking at had to be seen a fulfillment of scripture, usually the Book of Revelation. I haven’t seen them here in a few years.

Many of us felt that these people were an annoyance and they interrupted serious and valuable discussions and they were a drain of the energy of the rest of us who were looking at issues from a balanced and critical perspective. They added nothing to our discussions or challenged our rational thinking, nor did anything we say ever challenge them. And many of us feel the same thing is happening because of the individuals of the Q-anon creed. They have their assumptions about the world that they can not be swayed from, and the rest of us, can not have a meaningful engagement with them. They have a lot in common with three groups above.

Many of us here on Avalon look at information and we try to make sense of it without any preconcieved agenda. We are will go where ever the investigations take us. We are willing to revise our theories and explanations, we are will to change our idea of who “the good guys” and “the bad guys”, or we are will to look at all the people in terms of moral ambiguity and complexity.

Others however, are only willing to look at these matters though the filter of some other valued text: the works of Eric Dubay, biblical prophecies, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, or the Q-anon material. Any information that incriminates Donald Trump has to be trivialized, disregarded, or explained by an elaborate and unsubstantiated theory that he is doing bad now only so he can do good later. And any information no matter how scant or vague about Trump’s opponents has to be proclaimed from the roof tops as smoking gun evidence as to who the good guys or bad guys is.

The moderators had dealt with the three types of flawed and disruptive thinking successfully. Couldn’t they deal with the Q-anon phenomena in a similar way? Could this solve the “Q” problem we are experiencing? And would this be censorship?

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (18th July 2019), Clarity (16th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019), Wansen (15th July 2019), Wind (15th July 2019)

12. Link to Post #267
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Mod note:

Ras-le-bol:

Whats the explanation? I saw no explanation at all besides a "!" to my serious question. Sorry Herve i'm just a dum country gal, can you please explain it to me like i'm a third grader?

13. Link to Post #268
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Whats the explanation? I saw no explanation at all besides a "!" to my serious question. Sorry Herve i'm just a dum country gal, can you please explain it to me like i'm a third grader?
    Hi Gracy May, sometimes it's faster to scroll through the posts to answer your question because the mods are multi-tasking. I'll jump in for Hervé, because he's been busy moving a bucket load of posts to this thread: "Q" Booth for Off Topic Posts from Other Threads.

This was Hervé's original post (or close to it), but now they are moved to the Q Booth.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 15th July 2019 at 02:19.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

BushPilot (15th July 2019), Clarity (16th July 2019), Constance (15th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Franny (15th July 2019), Hervé (15th July 2019), mojo (15th July 2019), Sophocles (15th July 2019)

15. Link to Post #269
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Maybe, just maybe, we should find out from Bill what his forum platform is about. Hint: it's about fighting AGAINST the cabal, not picking out our favorite cabal member, ignoring all their actual deeds, worshiping them, and putting ribbons in their hair DENNIS LEAHY

Thank you!!
    I don't think this site is about "fighting" anything. I think this site is about "waking up" to both our spiritual nature, and progress in the sciences of such things, and "almost" everything in between. I don't think it is about "Fighting" at all, but more rising up to meet and exceed the challenges that have been placed upon us.. (The same idea but a different way to accomplish it)... In a graceful and tactful way. A way that is worthy of being recorded and preserved...

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Clarity (16th July 2019), ClearWater (15th July 2019), edina (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Frank V (15th July 2019), Franny (15th July 2019), Kryztian (15th July 2019), RunningDeer (15th July 2019), Wind (15th July 2019)

17. Link to Post #270
    Thanks

Mod note:

Ras-le-bol:

Hi Gracy

What I think he meant Gracy, was that the explanation was in the title of the thread itself..(And easy to overlook).. "Off Topic Posts" It was a "self explanatory title..." but so easy to miss when you're looking for a written explanation.

You're NOT just a dumb country gal..I almost overlooked it myself when I went to see what you were asking.
    Last edited by Denise/Dizi; 15th July 2019 at 04:17.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Hervé (15th July 2019), Sophocles (15th July 2019)

19. Link to Post #271
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Maybe, just maybe, we should find out from Bill what his forum platform is about. Hint: it's about fighting AGAINST the cabal, not picking out our favorite cabal member, ignoring all their actual deeds, worshiping them, and putting ribbons in their hair DENNIS LEAHY

Thank you!!
    I don't think this site is about "fighting" anything. I think this site is about "waking up" to both our spiritual nature, and progress in the sciences of such things, and "almost" everything in between. I don't think it is about "Fighting" at all, but more rising up to meet and exceed the challenges that have been placed upon us.. (The same idea but a different way to accomplish it)... In a graceful and tactful way. A way that is worthy of being recorded and preserved...
    On the http://projectavalon.net/ page Bill clearly states the purpose of the forum:

Quote The principal purpose of the Avalon Forum:

To encourage and support positive, constructive, and high quality dialog and networking with the goal of creating the future on Planet Earth for ourselves and our children that we want to experience.
    Of course, that might include each of us making better personal choices: eating better food, living healthier lives, having a good laugh, etc.

But I think it also mean we do need to be aware of, expose, and ultimately remove, the secret and powerful operations that are covertly influencing, directing and controlling humanity, all to our detriment. I would say that "exposing the cabal" is part of the Avalon mission.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 15th July 2019 at 04:08.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Frank V (15th July 2019), lightwalker (15th July 2019), Matthew (15th July 2019), RunningDeer (15th July 2019), Wind (15th July 2019)

21. Link to Post #272
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    This is a great time to discuss the fact that the mods need to tell the person whose post they moved to where they moved it to. From my POV my post are being deleted. All the people complaining about being censored when some of us are actually being muted and censored.
    Maybe I can help Praxis.. Did you have posts removed from the site or moved within it? There were posts here on this thread about Trump, Q, and American rights and politics, was it one of those? In this case, putting those posts in the appropriate thread is not censorship, but clarification for preservation.

If your material is lodged in the middle of another thread, those looking for that subject matter will never find it.. It just makes good sense to move them. For the sake of making sure the whole conversation stays together.

Not only that, those looking for the conversation no longer have to filter through Trump material when wanting to discuss censorship. From what I gathered, it was a clerical correction. Oh, and good news... I can see your post just fine , so you have not been muted.
    Last edited by Denise/Dizi; 15th July 2019 at 04:37.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Constance (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Franny (15th July 2019)

23. Link to Post #273
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 times in 283 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Quote Posted by Jad (here)
    I don’t understand why this is being made as if some people are trying to fight Bill for control or make him do things he don’t want. Bill certainly don’t need any forum body guards to protect him from anyone. It’s not about Q at this point. It’s simply a difference of opinions, and since this is Bill’s forum he made his choice and was gracious enough to open a conversation about censorship. No one is forcing Bill to change his mind. The people who don’t like it and find that it’s too much then they can simply leave the forum and save the world somewhere else. If one thing I strongly agree with Dennis is that we are all on the same team and we should never forget that.
    You made it look like as if there is a conflict of intent.
    No Bubu I was replying to Dennis who suggested that some members were trying to stage a coup d’état against Bill to take control of the narrative of this forum.

24. Link to Post #274
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[What I think he meant Gracy, was that the explanation was in the title of the thread itself..(And easy to overlook).. "Off Topic Posts" It was a "self explanatory title..." but so easy to miss when you're looking for a written explanation.
    Quote Posted by Hervé
    Ras-le-bol:

Quote Posted by Hervé
    Mod note:

Ras-le-bol = I’ve had enough

Hervé has had enough of these 26+22= 48 total posts about "Q". This is a discussion about censorship, not another “Q” thread.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 15th July 2019 at 09:31.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (15th July 2019), Constance (15th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Frank V (15th July 2019), greybeard (15th July 2019), Hervé (15th July 2019), Ivanhoe (15th July 2019)

26. Link to Post #275
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

No matter how often people repeat themselves the chance of changing another mind is nil.
    Im aware of that --smiling
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (15th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (15th July 2019), edina (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Frank V (15th July 2019), Franny (15th July 2019), Tam (17th July 2019)

28. Link to Post #276
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    [What I think he meant Gracy, was that the explanation was in the title of the thread itself..(And easy to overlook).. "Off Topic Posts" It was a "self explanatory title..." but so easy to miss when you're looking for a written explanation.
    Quote Posted by Hervé
    Ras-le-bol:

Quote Posted by Hervé
    Mod note:

Ras-le-bol = I’ve had enough

Hervé has had enough of these 26+22= 48 total posts about "Q". This is a discussion about censorship, not another “Q” thread.
    Hi Paula. The first time Herve swooped in to scoop up and move a bunch of posts with zero explanation when asked, was not even in this thread it was from the Q LARP thread, so i'm now rather numb to yours, or anyone elses excuses for him. In my book thats a pretty heavy handed tactic when you can't even be bothered with a simple explanation to the prols when asked.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...38#post1300838

Which, in knowing my place in the pecking order is all i ask for, but now i dont even care any more...

Where i come from that would be considered extremely rude. And this person would hopefuly not be entrusted with a badge and a gun to "SERVE" his community. My mama always warned me there may well be consequences for speaking out like this to power, so i stand ready to take them if they come.

29. Link to Post #277
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,629 times in 8,592 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Questions for Bill and the Moderators (and anyone else with insight on this matter):

Isn’t the fact that we have moderators on our forum just a tiny bit like censorship? You do make suggests to some members at times about posting? You guide try to guide their thinking and their way of expressing themselves in a certain direction? (a constructive and positive one) And maybe that is a good thing if we want people to engage in serious critical thought and discussion and keep Project Avalon as the productive and useful enterprise that it is?

In the past, we have had member who could be identified as:
    • Flat Earthers - They also have to interrupt every conversation with their “scientific” explanation, and yet when their theories are held up to actual working scientific theories, their logic crumbles.

• Holocaust Deniers - Most recently, a member didgevillage for whom every political figure was a crypto-Jew or read the Talmud. His information all came from Texe Marrs, a rural Texan preacher named who absolutely knew that everyone who wasn’t a right wing Protestant was destine for hell. The was never any verifiable proof ever offered for and of Marrs claims, yet didgevillage was sure Marrs had “insider information”, even thought Marrs sounded like someone who had never travelled further than the Piggly Wiggly 20 miles down the highway.

• Christian Fundamentalists - I remember at least one member who was certain that all events we were looking at had to be seen a fulfillment of scripture, usually the Book of Revelation. I haven’t seen them here in a few years.

Many of us felt that these people were an annoyance and they interrupted serious and valuable discussions and they were a drain of the energy of the rest of us who were looking at issues from a balanced and critical perspective. They added nothing to our discussions or challenged our rational thinking, nor did anything we say ever challenge them. And many of us feel the same thing is happening because of the individuals of the Q-anon creed. They have their assumptions about the world that they can not be swayed from, and the rest of us, can not have a meaningful engagement with them. They have a lot in common with three groups above.

Many of us here on Avalon look at information and we try to make sense of it without any preconcieved agenda. We are will go where ever the investigations take us. We are willing to revise our theories and explanations, we are will to change our idea of who “the good guys” and “the bad guys”, or we are will to look at all the people in terms of moral ambiguity and complexity.

Others however, are only willing to look at these matters though the filter of some other valued text: the works of Eric Dubay, biblical prophecies, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, or the Q-anon material. Any information that incriminates Donald Trump has to be trivialized, disregarded, or explained by an elaborate and unsubstantiated theory that he is doing bad now only so he can do good later. And any information no matter how scant or vague about Trump’s opponents has to be proclaimed from the roof tops as smoking gun evidence as to who the good guys or bad guys is.

The moderators had dealt with the three types of flawed and disruptive thinking successfully. Couldn’t they deal with the Q-anon phenomena in a similar way? Could this solve the “Q” problem we are experiencing? And would this be censorship?
    My view: another dismissive post (flawed and disruptive?) that inaccurately generalizes the Q-anon research thread, process, and participants - conflating q-anon researchers with a host of non-thinker ills.

I bolded in the post how I consider my own conspiracy research efforts over the last 30 years.

Quote Many of us here on Avalon look at information and we try to make sense of it without any preconcieved agenda. We are will go where ever the investigations take us. We are willing to revise our theories and explanations, we are will to change our idea of who “the good guys” and “the bad guys”, or we are will to look at all the people in terms of moral ambiguity and complexity.
    But any response to make this point here will likely be moved to the 'shadow-banning area', as proved again yesterday.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 15th July 2019 at 12:52.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

edina (15th July 2019)

31. Link to Post #278
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

See my post 275
    Unfortunately you cant make the point--minds are set.
    People have done their best to make the point.
    Seems a bit pointless to carry on.
    Just my point of view.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Clarity (16th July 2019), DeDukshyn (15th July 2019), edina (15th July 2019), Ivanhoe (15th July 2019), mountain_jim (15th July 2019), ulli (15th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #279
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,629 times in 8,592 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    See my post 275
    Unfortunately you cant make the point--minds are set.
    People have done their best to make the point.
    Seems a bit pointless to carry on.
    Just my point of view.
    Understood. I just want to express my appreciation to your contributions in the Archeology and Geophysics threads, which I always read daily but either don't know enough or don't have enough time to watch everything to participate much with feedback there.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Clarity (16th July 2019), greybeard (15th July 2019)

35. Link to Post #280
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Where i come from that would be considered extremely rude.
    Probably as rude as inviting pro-Q posters into an anti-Q thread to answer an "innocent" question.

So, the first scoop of 22 posts was to remove the pro-Q "explanations" (AKA proselytizing) from an anti-Q thread since they were off-topic in that thread.

The second scoop of 26 posts was because these pro-Q posts were OFF-TOPIC for the "Censorship" thread and happily turning it into another pro-Q thread.

That's that!

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Clarity (16th July 2019), Constance (15th July 2019), drneglector (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (15th July 2019), Frank V (15th July 2019), Matthew (15th July 2019), Sophocles (15th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst 1 4 14 21 LastLast