Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast

Thread: Joints, inflammation, etc

1. Link to Post #61
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Default Re: Joints, inflammation, etc

Bill,

I just started taking the bio-available form of CoQ10 and the results are life changing in a very positive way! I have autoimmune thyroiditis, fibromyalgia and test borderline positive for Lupus. Along with that comes aching joints, muscles, bones, connective tissue and recently, spider veins! Within three days of taking this, my aches and pains are reduced by at least 50% and the spidey veins (not spidey senses) are disappearing!

I also asked my husband to start taking it. He has a torn meniscus (knee cartilage) that had us at an Orthopedic surgeon last month contemplating surgery. He has (had) a lot of swelling and pain. I asked him how his knee was feeling last night and the response I received was "what knee?".

Here's just one of the hundreds of links that can be found about this enzyme (below). In addition to reducing inflammation, it may have promise in lengthening telomeres in DNA as the fat and water soluble form purportedly penetrates the Mitochondria in every cell. So sorry to hear about your pain. I know, its not fun. Not at all. Best Wishes!

https://www.drstevenlin.com/coq10-benefits/

Here's what I am using, fyi https://www.amazon.com/Qunol-Ubiquin...SIN=B005CGA9EY
    Last edited by AriG; 26th July 2019 at 17:38. Reason: adding link to what I am using
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th July 2019), Constance (26th July 2019), DeeMetrios (28th July 2019), fifi (31st July 2019), Rosemarie (26th July 2019), Sadieblue (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Unicorn (28th July 2019), Valerie Villars (27th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #62
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Thanks AriG for that great testimonial.

Quote I just started taking the bio-available form of CoQ10
    Nature in all her beauty and wisdom has the perfect remedy for inflammation. No wonder so many of the ancients worshipped the sun. The study within this video blew my mind too. Sunlight and chlorophyll.

This is the transcript from this 6 minute video.

"How to Regenerate Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) Naturally"

Chlorophyll is the green pigment that makes green leaves green. If one searches for chlorophyll in the medical literature, though, a lot of what you find is about fecal fluorescence, a way to detect the contamination of carcasses with feces in the slaughterhouse to reduce the risk of food poisoning from pathogens harbored within animal feces.

See, fecal matter gets on meat either with knife entry through the hide into the carcass, and also splash back and airborne deposition of fecal matter when they’re peeling off the skin.

But if they’ve been eating grass, you can pick up the poo with a black light.

Here’s a solution of chlorophyll. Under a UV light, though, chlorophyll lights up as red. So if you have a black light in a chicken slaughter plant, you can get a drop on the droppings.

The problem is we don’t let chickens outside anymore. They’re no longer pecking at grass, so there’s less fecal fluorescence.

We could let them run around, but we would save money by just adding a chlorophyll supplement to their feed so we can better identify areas of gut-spill contamination on the meat. The reason I was looking up chlorophyll was to follow-up on the data.

I presented in my Eating Green to Prevent Cancer video, suggesting that chlorophyll may be able to block carcinogens. There were a few in vitro studies I've found in addition to potential anti-inflammatory effects of chlorophyll.

After all, green leaves have long been used to treat inflammation, so anti-inflammatory property of chlorophyll and their break-down products after digestion was put to the test.

And indeed they may represent valuable and abundantly available anti-inflammatory agents. Maybe that’s one reason why cruciferous veggies like kale and collard greens are associated with decreased markers of inflammation.

In a petri dish, for example, if you lay down a layer of arterial lining cells, this is how many inflammatory immune cells stick to them before and after you stimulate them with a toxic substance.
    We can bring that inflammation down, though, with the anti-inflammatory drug, aspirin, or even more by just adding some chlorophyll, just dripping some chlorophyll.

Perhaps that’s one of the reasons kale consumers may live longer lives.

This is the study, though, that blew my mind.

Sunlight is the most abundant energy source on this planet.

So far so good.

However only plants are able to use it directly, or so we thought.

After eating plants, animals have chlorophyll in them too, right!

Might we be able to derive energy directly from sunlight?

What?!

First of all, light can’t get through our skin, right?

Wrong, as was demonstrated by century-old science—

and any kid who’s ever shined a flashlight through their fingers,

the red wavelengths do get through.

In fact, if you step outside on a sunny day

there’s enough light going through your skull into your brain, you could read a book in there.

OK, so our internal organs are actually bathed in sunlight, and absorb chlorophyll when we eat green leafy vegetables.

Our body does actually appear to produce cellular energy, but unless we eat so many greens we turn green ourselves, the energy produced is probably negligible.

However, light activated chlorophyll inside our body may help regenerate Coenzyme Q10.

CoQ10 is an antioxidant our body basically makes from scratch using the same enzyme that our body uses to make cholesterol, the same enzyme that’s blocked by cholesterol-lowering statin drugs.

So if CoQ10 production gets caught in the crossfire, then maybe that explains why statins increase our risk of diabetes, by accidentally also reducing CoQ10 levels in this friendly fire event.

Maybe that’s why statins can lead to muscle breakdown.

So should statin users take CoQ10 supplements? No, they should improve their diets sufficient to stop taking drugs that muck with their biochemistry.
    And by doing so, by eating more plant-based chlorophyll-rich diets, they may best maintain their levels of active CoQ10, also known as ubiquinol.

However, when ubiquinol is used as an antioxidant, it is oxidized to ubiquinone.
    To act as an effective antioxidant again, the body must regenerate ubiquinol from ubiquinone, maybe using dietary chlorophyll metabolites and light.
    So they put it to the test.
    They exposed some ubiquinone and chlorophyll metabolites to the kind of light that makes it into our bloodstream, and poof, CoQ10 was reborn, but without the chlorophyll, or without the light, nothing happened.
    And look we got light, we got chlorophyll if we’re eating our veggies.

Maybe that’s how human beings maintain such high levels of CoQ10 in our bloodstream.

Maybe that explains why dark green leafy veggies are so good for us.

We know sun can be good for us; we know greens can be good for us, but these benefits were commonly attributed to the increase in vitamin D from sunlight exposure and all the antioxidants from green vegetables.

But maybe these explanations might be incomplete."

Nature, Soul, Food.

Last edited by Constance; 26th July 2019 at 20:38.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th July 2019), AriG (27th July 2019), Bill Ryan (27th July 2019), DeeMetrios (28th July 2019), Delight (27th July 2019), fifi (31st July 2019), Heart-2-Heart (28th July 2019), Reinhard (29th July 2019), Sadieblue (28th July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (27th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (26th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #63
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

take a peek at this and remember that leafy greens contain high levels of vitamin K- a blood thickener. https://www.superfoodly.com/coq10-fo...etary-sources/
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th July 2019), Bill Ryan (27th July 2019), Constance (27th July 2019), NancyV (27th July 2019), Sadieblue (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (27th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member TrueNorth4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote I just started taking the bio-available form of CoQ10 and the results are life changing in a very positive way!
    I tried that after watching an infomerchial on it because I was inpressed with the information.
    However, I did not see any results for myself. I feel it didnt make anything worse or better (shrug) but good luck. I have been giving my dog Glucosamine with MSM under vet supervision and I take it myself. I did see a video on youtube by a personal trainer stating that we create our own water and drinking to much can cause inflamation and pain as well. MSM is pretty impressive as a whole as well.

https://youtu.be/VUsRld1K8Eo
    Last edited by TrueNorth4; 27th July 2019 at 02:33.
    "Why would you seek an answer other than the answer that will answer everything?"

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th July 2019), Constance (27th July 2019), NancyV (27th July 2019), Sadieblue (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (27th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Quote Posted by skyhigh (here)
    I simply listen to the Pain Control video by Sapien Medicine Youtube channel
    I tried those this morning and I found them very helpful as well. Im going to also use them when heading to sleep too. Thank you for the links
    "Why would you seek an answer other than the answer that will answer everything?"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th July 2019), Constance (27th July 2019), NancyV (27th July 2019), skyhigh (31st July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (28th July 2019)

11. Link to Post #66
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

I get sore creaky knees after my short jogging sessions. Solved immediately (few hours) after ox-tail soup / bone broth. As simple as that...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th July 2019), NancyV (27th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (27th July 2019)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Well, I watched this irritating promotional video. To save anyone the trouble (there's no way to go back, or jump forward), here's the summary:

10 best foods to combat joint pain:
    1. Broccoli
    2. Olive oli
    3. Blueberries
    4. Fish
    5. Nuts
    6. Tart cherries
    7. Kelp
    8. Fermented foods (kefir, sauerkraut, etc)
    9. Papaya
    10. Green tea
    5 worst foods:
    1. Any member of the white bread family
    2. French fries and other processed fast food (which contain trans fats)
    3. Blackened and barbecued foods cooked at high temperatures
    4. Nightshade vegetable (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers)
    5. Sugar
    It discusses these natural anti-inflammatories, all containing proteolytic enzymes
    1. Bromelain
    2. Turmeric
    3. Papain
    4. Devil's Claw
    5. Boswellia extract
    6. Ginger
    7. Rutin
    8. Citrus bioflavanoids
    9. Mojave yucca root
    And finally, promotes a supplement called Heal-n-Soothe, which contains all these.

caveat: I have nothing to do with this promotion (and I hope new member TrueNorth4 doesn't, either!). But it's possible some of this might be useful.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DeeMetrios (28th July 2019), fifi (31st July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (28th July 2019), Valerie Villars (28th July 2019), Yoda (28th July 2019)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Things are getting better already. Even 10 days focused attention, with a bit of added discipline that's been surprisingly easy, has made a difference. I'm giving myself a major stress-test tomorrow, on a strenuous high day hike, and I'll report back.
    In my opening post above, I promised a report after a major stress-test mountain hike. The weather has been poor, so I actually did that yesterday. It was a spectacular success.

The story was that I'd pulled up short with sharp pains in my knees — walking my dog, just 400 yds from the house!) twice in the preceding week. That's when I said to myself: Okay, I need to fix this.

So I eliminated eggs, all dairy, all grains, and all sugars, and started taking a ton of turmeric — and also (after the info kindly posted here: thank you!) spirulina.

From having pains in my knees just walking locally on the level, after just two weeks I did a 6 hour arduous hike climbing 2,500 ft to a high rocky ridge, at the end of which there was a brutal 1,800 feet descent down a steep slope. (Not the best for knees!) It was quite a day.

Not only did I have not a twinge of discomfort, after driving home two hours later I didn't even feel any soreness or stiffness. It was barely believable.

So I'm posting this as an encouragement to others: this kind of thing can be handled. My situation was very mild compared with the problems of others, but I caught it early, and seem to have done all the right things.... anyone reading this can do that too.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (28th July 2019), fifi (31st July 2019), happyuk (28th July 2019), James (28th July 2019), Michi (28th July 2019), onevoice (28th July 2019), Sadieblue (28th July 2019), Strat (28th July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (30th July 2019), Valerie Villars (28th July 2019), Yoda (28th July 2019), Zanshin (29th July 2019)

19. Link to Post #70
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 311 posts

Bill, how much is a ton of turmeric ? How much each Day ? And spirulina ?
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2019), Constance (28th July 2019), onevoice (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

21. Link to Post #71
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

great thread here people .... I'm following it regularly .

I do take COQ10 regularly & a few others mentioned above .

Anyway , I best pop this link in here also .

Cheers
    D

Sapien Medicine

Premiered May 29, 2019

The works toward trying to regenerate all joints in your body, using the fat to stem cell idea, the converted stem cells will be moved to all joint areas to provide regeneration of cartilage and bone, connective tissue and tendons etc.
    Use as much as you need, results of course should be permanent.
    It is designed to work on all joints.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2019), Constance (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (30th July 2019)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Well, I watched this irritating promotional video. To save anyone the trouble (there's no way to go back, or jump forward), here's the summary:

10 best foods to combat joint pain:
    1. Broccoli
    2. Olive oli
    3. Blueberries
    4. Fish
    5. Nuts
    6. Tart cherries
    7. Kelp
    8. Fermented foods (kefir, sauerkraut, etc)
    9. Papaya
    10. Green tea
    5 worst foods:
    1. Any member of the white bread family
    2. French fries and other processed fast food (which contain trans fats)
    3. Blackened and barbecued foods cooked at high temperatures
    4. Nightshade vegetable (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers)
    5. Sugar
    It discusses these natural anti-inflammatories, all containing proteolytic enzymes
    1. Bromelain
    2. Turmeric
    3. Papain
    4. Devil's Claw
    5. Boswellia extract
    6. Ginger
    7. Rutin
    8. Citrus bioflavanoids
    9. Mojave yucca root
    And finally, promotes a supplement called Heal-n-Soothe, which contains all these.

caveat: I have nothing to do with this promotion (and I hope new member TrueNorth4 doesn't, either!). But it's possible some of this might be useful.
    Yes, I'm sorry. Felt the same way. However, If one scrolls down last the vid you can view the lists in text instead. Discovered this after I watched it ...😳😵😉

caveat: I have nothing to do with this promotion (and I hope new member TrueNorth4 doesn't, either!).
    Nope not at all. Thank you
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 28th July 2019 at 17:33. Reason: edited the long repeated quote

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2019), Constance (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rosemarie (here)
    It's impossible to overdose on turmeric, and I'm sure you can get it very cheaply in Guayaquil! I take something like 2-3 heaped tablespoons a day. (That's quite a lot.)

Spirulina, a measured 10 grams (2.5 level teaspoons, but I have a little 10 gram plastic measuring thing). I'd take more if I had a ready supply.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (28th July 2019), fifi (31st July 2019), Rosemarie (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (28th July 2019), Yoda (28th July 2019)

27. Link to Post #74
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rosemarie (here)
    It's impossible to overdose on turmeric, and I'm sure you can get it very cheaply in Guayaquil! I take something like 2-3 heaped tablespoons a day. (That's quite a lot.)

Spirulina, a measured 10 grams (2.5 level teaspoons, but I have a little 10 gram plastic measuring thing). I'd take more if I had a ready supply.
    Here is a way of making the turmeric more palatable. You could make a huge batch of it and put it in a thermos, ready to sip all day

RECIPE for 2 servings
    - 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
    - 1/4 tsp vanilla
    - 1 tsp turmeric
    - 1 tsp dried ginger or chopped fresh ginger
    - 1/4 tsp of black pepper
    - 1 tsp cinnamon
    - 1 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
    - 1 tbsp coconut oil

Last edited by Constance; 28th July 2019 at 23:05.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2019), DeeMetrios (29th July 2019), fifi (31st July 2019), Rosemarie (29th July 2019), Strat (28th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (30th July 2019), Zanshin (29th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #75
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 times in 155 posts

I have been using this site for years. It advocates vinegar for what ever ails you among other home remedies.
    I do a "nutribullet" with everything in it about 5 days out of the week. And my form of exercise is pickleball 4 days a week. Good thread.

https://earthclinic.com/

lightwalker

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th July 2019), Constance (29th July 2019), Rosemarie (29th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (30th July 2019)

31. Link to Post #76
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Note for any kitchen experimenters. The black pepper is a necessity when making "golden milk" or really anything with turmeric. It's easy to mess around with the recipe though, mine comes out far different than my housemate's! I find it exceptionally good with a coconut milk base, there really is a wide range of possibility to experiment here with milky type liquids and spices. Anyway, the black pepper is necessary because it increases the bio-availability of the turmeric. It's also easy to eat in say, curry, and in that case, adding cayenne pepper as well would increase the anti-inflammatory benefits. Curries are definitely another great way to sneak in anti-inflammatory spices, if you blend your own instead of buying a premixed "curry powder".

Because you're using a fatty substance like coconut oil in golden milk, it's also possible to bond THC/CBD oil and get the increased benefits of sneaking in the hemp product with less of the flavor. A "drinkable".

For any curious to how my recipe deviates, I usually push mine in a firmly wintery direction, adding in cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, allspice, a teeny splash of rum. I suppose you could call it pumpkin spice but I've never bought them preblended, I prefer to have control over the ratios. I'm not sure that this helps the medicinal value, but it does make for a tasty warm beverage that can tuck away a lot of turmeric and sooth the stomach, relax the soul. If you haven't tried tossing in a couple cloves and some nutmeg, give it a go sometime for a twist on a fine healing beverage. My housemate's is even more stark than the one posted just above, as hers does not include cinnamon, just a hefty amount of ginger (a thick pile grated from a frozen knob, not powdered) and black pepper, maybe a clove. It comes out dazzlingly yellow, without the skin of unbonded cinnamon on top.

One thing I've not found is an ideal method of straining. Coconut milk does give a thicker result too. It clogs up everything, the tea strainer, the big strainer, and is brutal to cheesecloth. The cloves are especially dangerous to cheesecloth and you should try to pull them out with a spoon if you use cloth to strain, which does give a more filtered result without any bits of powdery spice that might not have bonded to the fat so I do recommend it even though it's a mess just because it tempers the drinking process.
    May the Force be with you.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ti For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th July 2019), Constance (29th July 2019), Rosemarie (29th July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tae (here)
    Note for any kitchen experimenters. The black pepper is a necessity when making "golden milk" or really anything with turmeric.
    Yes. I put about 1/4 inch of sesame oil (or any good oil) in the bottom of a cup and add a couple of heaped teaspoons of turmeric. Then a ton of black pepper on all that.

No matter how much pepper is added, it just can't be tasted. The result is a brown liquidy paste that's surprisingly easy and not at all unpleasant to consume with a spoon. It only takes a minute.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (29th July 2019), Rosemarie (29th July 2019), Ti (8th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (29th July 2019), Yoda (31st July 2019)

35. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

I just wanted to share my experence here since joining this thread. I am so taken back by it I was excited to share it to be honest.

I have had shoulder pain (inflammation) for a few weeks and I stumbled across this forum and this thread after becoming a member here. I study food and health as a hobby so i'm up on whats old and new. I am also not resistant to being my own volunteer for experiments. I have been doing alot of fermentation type experenments one being lemons and honey. I was drinking my green tea with it. I also invented a dish called Eggplant lasagna which involves deep frying and I used seseam oil. Upon reading the typical posts on turimic (as I use that as well) my pain was increasing. It became so bad sunday It hurt to lift my waterbottle to my mouth. I was taking a med for an unrelated issue and found out this was my whole problem due to side effects.
    However,
    I also work out to a wide range of very diverse work out programs with and without weights on my days off so im very active 7 days a week. Lifting is my job for 36 hours a week non stop on a production line anywhere from 1 ounce to 100lbs all day. stacking and lifting above my head is constant. So I thought, THE PAIN IS DUE TO REPITITION! wrong! Its due to the med... but heres the thing. I had just made a whole pan of lasangna (Eggplant) and against just finding out after I made it it was the worst of a few foods to eat for inflammation but I took it to work anyway Sunday. The pain increased 10 fold as above and I thougth wow its true and I wont be eating that again (hello freezer) but at break I also had brought my lemon and honey mix with my tea and drank it. Almost within 20 min's I was feeling 100 % better. I made a batch of "real" lemon aid with stevia and added the pulp. Monday after not getting a great night sleep i went to work and brought about 16oz's of lemon aid with me and drank it all morning as well as my lemon honey for breaks.

On Sunday I took over 11 ibuprofen and it would not go away till my cup of tea on last break.
    on Monday I took two before work just to be on safe side and had no pain all day after consuming the lemon aid. It was as effective as the normal use of ibuprofen normally works (within a few minutes and releaves the pain)...
    I did not need to take anything the rest of the day and my pain subsided after 4 to 5 minutes in the morning, I worked 12 and 1/2 hour day with no issues at all ... Im just amazed and will continue with this regiment till its gone.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2019), Constance (30th July 2019), onevoice (30th July 2019), Rosemarie (31st July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (30th July 2019)

37. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    I found I could take anything with the addition of fresh lemon juice and it still always works to hide things I would rather not taste
    I have a 850 wt blender and I dont even peel anything, including pomogranets or lemons, I throw in for smothies... I had the same issue till I added a whole lemon. It somehow removes any nasty taste left from bitterness.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2019), Constance (30th July 2019), Rosemarie (31st July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

39. Link to Post #80
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TrueNorth4 (here)
    Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    I found I could take anything with the addition of fresh lemon juice and it still always works to hide things I would rather not taste
    I have a 850 wt blender and I dont even peel anything, including pomogranets or lemons, I throw in for smothies... I had the same issue till I added a whole lemon. It somehow removes any nasty taste left from bitterness.
    That is really handy to know TrueNorth4. I'm now going to do the same thing. I had been peeling all my pomegranates up until now!

Thank you, very grateful that you shared.

Studies on the anti-inflammatory benefits of pomegranates.

Natural pomegranate juice reduces inflammation, muscle damage and increase platelets blood levels in active healthy Tunisian aged men

Pomegranate juice reduces damage to tissues, inflammation and infections, study suggests

Pomegranate peel and fruit extracts: A review of potential anti-inflammatory and anti-infective effects

A Review on the Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Pomegranate in the Gastrointestinal Tract

Pomegranate peel polyphenols inhibits inflammation in LPS-induced RAW264.7 macrophages via the suppression of TLR4/NF-κB pathway activation

Could pomegranates offer the key to new IBD treatments?

“Pomegranate works against chronic inflammation”

Could Pomegranate Juice Help in the Control of Inflammatory Diseases?

Here is a great resource:

http://www.wonderfulpomegranateresearch.com/studies

The studies cover:
    • Antioxidants & Bioavailability
    • Athletic Performance
    • Cardiovascular
    • Cognition & Memory
    • Gut Health - eg. inflammation
    • Men's Health
    • Nitric Oxide
    • Skin & UV Studies
    • Women's Health
    • Women's Health: Pregnancy

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st July 2019), Rosemarie (31st July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (1st August 2019), Valerie Villars (30th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast