+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Qanon and the mechanism of addiction

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Qanon and the mechanism of addiction

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Two interesting articles. I'll just link them, not copy them. They're very dismissive of many things, of course, and have a very mainstream view. They talk about 'conspiracy theories', which usually makes me stop reading immediately.

But the personal stories in there are probably true.

~~~
    • Christmas Is the Loneliest Time for Qanon Fans
      The Daily Beast spoke to four Q believers who claim to have been isolated from loved ones, as well as a former Q believer who thinks the isolation helps reinforce QAnon support.

https://thedailybeast.com/christmas-...for-qanon-fans
    This is indirectly connected with the thread topic. The same can be said of UFO nuts, of course, but almost everything else in the alternative community is rather less strident, obsessive and potentially divisive — maybe with the exception of the Corey Goode cult, and the Flat Earthers (also a kind of cult, though without a leader or any 'trust-the-plan' promises).
    There was a person on twitter yesterday who was complaining that their 6 year relationship had just broken down because the girls boyfriend couldn’t understand her commitment to her Orthodox Christian Faith. I’m sure the phenomenon described in those articles isn’t limited to Q followers but to any value system people choose to engage in.

We’ve been saying for over a year that there are facets of different organisational structures that belong to any movement. Groupthink, religious ferver, idol worship, mercentalism etc, which do obviously make some of the facets, but they don’t describe the whole movement. It’s the zeroing in on the negative aspects while ignoring the positive aspects that I find particularly dismissive and short sighted by the Q critics.

If the Q critics rephrased things more accurately “there are elements of Q that I vehemently disagree with”, then yeah fine, people are entitled to perceive things however they like. But when people take their particular facet of understanding and generalise it onto the entire movement, that’s when people start to feel discriminated against. Especially those of us, like Gemma above, who just see Q as 1 more source of information, a source who doesn’t replace the likes of Joseph Farrell, Jon Rappaport, Daniel Liszt, Catherine Austin Fitts, but whose data can sit alongside them and enrich the research that we already conduct. I still follow all of them—along with many other researchers—does that make me a cult member to all of them too? Of course not, it’s just another point of correlation in a wide spectrum of research avenues.

The commonality, of course, is that under heavy criticism, the believers form a self-justifying, mutually protective plalanx, and dialog becomes more and more impossible. That's what the articles are about.
    The reverse is also true, the Q critics are just as organised in joining formation to hurl insults. The phalanx is primarily a defensive formation. Dialogue might be impossible if the only intent is to throw discriminatory slurs, like character assassination grenades, into the formation. Identity politics is just going to bounce right off the phalanx wall and be reflected back to the thrower. Kryztian mentioned earlier that I portray the Q followers as victims. That couldn’t be further from the truth. I’ve never seen us as victims. I’ve said we’ve come under hostile assaults from people lobbing their projections onto the movement, trying to pigeon hole us into their personal label or definition of how they imagine things to be. But I agree with the phalanx analogy, because I see Q people as champions! Spartan warriors who come under perpetual attack but always holding their ground, unflinching and unmoving in the face of hostile tribes throwing stones over the phalanx wall. But we’ll put the shields down when a person can leave their slurs at the door and engage in dialogue that isn’t tainted with cynicism and judgement.

Dialogue isn’t impossible when people can agree to disagree, Gracy is a champion in her own right for engaging in mutually respectful dialogue in the Q Booth off topic thread. She’s a great example of how anti-q people can engage in dialogue with Q people without things coming to blows or things blowing up. A mutually interested understanding of how different people view the world without having to judge people for thinking differently.

PS Aragorn, your ignore list will be a most welcome retreat from your infantile mischaracterisations. Thankyou

PPS I’ve read your comments on the One Truth forum:

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...y-Forum/page31

I find your remarks lack much integrity.
    Last edited by Jayke; 28th July 2019 at 08:28.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gini (28th July 2019), KiwiElf (28th July 2019), Lost N Found (28th July 2019), mountain_jim (28th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #62
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    PS Aragorn, your ignore list will be a most welcome retreat from your infantile mischaracterisations. Thankyou

Fascinating! Especially the opening page of that thread - Post #6 in particular.

Bill & the Mods should read it too!

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...ommunity-Forum
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 28th July 2019 at 08:40.

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

Until now I have stayed out of the ongoing controversy regarding Q material. I have read a lot of what has been posted over recent weeks and I am aware of the division this material has caused. This division is not unique to Avalon. (I also don't post much!)

On an emotional level, one of the things I like about mathematics is the certainty it affords. It establishes a system, a framework, within which ideas can be tested and certainty can be determined.
    Having taught it for over 20 years I am familiar with its use as a medium in training the mind 'how to think'. Maths is a closed system with a clearly defined framework (based on its axiomatic nature) and it is precisely because of this that there can be certainty.

Over the last few years, as I have begun to realise the world is not what I thought it was, I have had to change my mind many times about things I once held true. While it isn't an entirely pleasant experience at the time, it is worth the discomfort as the underlying desire of finding truth is too strong to be ignored.

David Icke was probably the first person I read who 'connected the dots' in a much more global way and he painted a better picture of the world around me, one that made more sense. I don't agree with all his conclusions nor do I see the world as he sees it but his version of the world is a lot more complete than anything I had seen before.

I chose David Icke as an example, of many, as he freely admits to connecting the dots. My own experience is one of trying to construct pictures, narratives, based on the information I have to hand in order to make 'sense' of things. I suspect we all do it. The reason why I don't always agree with him is because, like me, he is not working in a closed system where all the information is available.
    His picture of the world, formed from the information he has is different to mine. One could argue that we are not working on exactly the same information but even it is was based on entirely the same data set of information I think we would have different pictures as neither of us has ALL the information.
    The point I am trying to make here is that I suspect we all form 'narratives' or 'pictures' based on the information we have. My own experience is now one of having to regularly challenge such narratives.

I have linked to a webpage showing wonderful visual examples of what I am trying to say, which illustrates how our minds/ senses can interpret exactly the same thing in different ways.

So what does this have to do with the Q controversy? I have not gone off topic. The simple point is this: Q material is a collection of data points. The problem for me is not the data points themselves but rather what I do with them.
    Q, to my mind, is not posting any narrative although many commentators on Q turn it into a narrative and this is where the problems arise. 'Q said this and therefore...' is the nub of the problem. For me any treatment of this information other than individual data points leads to problems.
    This in no ways validates Q or diminishes Q. I have no way on knowing, nor care, what motivations there may be behind Q posting. If I find the information useful I stick it in a mental file of useful information. If I try to do anything further with it then I can see problems arising.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Astute For This Post:

ClearWater (28th July 2019), Constance (28th July 2019), Deux Corbeaux (28th July 2019), Forest Denizen (29th July 2019), Jayke (28th July 2019), KiwiElf (28th July 2019), Kryztian (28th July 2019), Matthew (28th July 2019), mountain_jim (28th July 2019), Valerie Villars (28th July 2019)

6. Link to Post #64
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Hey everyone

Mod hat on here.

I'm really sensing the heat here in these dialogues and so I would like to kindly ask if we could please honour each other and lower the temperature of our conversations. Please be civil. Please be kind. Thank you. It is greatly appreciated.

7. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Billy (28th July 2019), boja (28th July 2019), Chris Gilbert (28th July 2019), ClearWater (28th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (29th July 2019), Frank V (28th July 2019), Franny (29th July 2019), gini (28th July 2019), Jayke (28th July 2019), KiwiElf (28th July 2019), Kryztian (28th July 2019), loungelizard (31st August 2019), Matthew (28th July 2019), mountain_jim (28th July 2019), Tam (28th July 2019), Valerie Villars (28th July 2019)

8. Link to Post #65
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

Fascinating! Especially the opening page of that thread - Post #6 in particular.

Maybe Bill & the Mods should read it too!

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...ommunity-Forum
    Nice attempt at gaslighting, but that post dates back to 2017, and not only have my opinions of Bill radically changed in the meantime, but I have also already abundantly apologized to Bill (and also to several other staff members here) for not only having misunderstood Bill, but also for having spoken such ill about him.

I am still deeply ashamed of my own thoughts and words at the time, but my honor compels me to acknowledge my blunders, no matter how grave they are. I don't care whether you two would doubt or question my honor or my integrity, because you both obviously understand neither the word "honor" nor the word "integrity". For that matter, from having watched the two of you in action from the sidelines, I think you probably don't even understand the meaning of the word "shame".

In my defense, after I had been banned from Project Avalon ─ and by Bill himself ─ and arrived at The One Truth, where lots of former Project Avalon members were dwelling who had all either left Project Avalon voluntarily or had been banned, there was a wave of Bill-bashing going on there, and it was all too easy to allow oneself to get drawn into it and ride that wave.

But it was wrong, it was puerile, and I shouldn't have done that. Yet, I cannot go back and change history. I can also not start deleting those posts, because of two reasons. The first reason is that I want to own up to my mistakes, as bad as they were. I don't like sweeping something under the rug and then pretending that it never happened. I made mistakes, and I want to acknowledge the fact that I've made them. The second reason is more out of pragmatism, namely that deleting or voiding posts often breaks the continuity of a thread, unless the posts to be deleted were completely off-topic for the thread in question.

Like I said, I have apologized to Bill for my behavior back then ─ behavior that I am now genuinely ashamed of ─ and I'm pretty sure that Bill has forgiven me for those transgressions.

On the other hand, I'm not too blind to see what you're trying to do here, and once again this emphasizes the cultish truth behind you self-proclaimed QAnon "researchers". It's a phenomenon known as mobbing. One of you is being an arrogant ass and attacking me ─ or in this case, the forum I'm the administrator of, although he had already insulted me personally earlier on, the first time that I crossed his path ─ and given that I've got that person on my ignore list now, another one now chimes in. The one whom I put on my ignore lists knows that I won't be seeing what he wrote to me in reply behind my back ─ which is cowardice ─ and then his tag-team buddy quotes him as part of the effort to add injury to insult.

Typical cult behavior, and all because you're under the spell of The Precious. Like I said, with everything you guys say or do in your denial of the addiction, you're only confirming the analysis of the addiction more and more. Cultish, brainwashed, addicted, and hostile toward anyone who doesn't share your lust for The Precious.

In fact ─ and this is something I had already noticed the first time I crossed paths with you people ─ you are so combative that you don't even take out the time to contemplate my words. You're all full of adrenaline and ready to brutally pounce on anyone you even remotely perceive as not being on your side, within seconds, and without a shred of remorse. What's next? Lynch mobs in the streets?

Anyway, as you wish, KiwiElf, you may now join Jayke on the same ignore list. And anyone else who feels like gaslighthing or trolling me, or attempt to sway the staff members here against me, may join these two jokers on the same ignore list. I have had to endure too many bullies in my life to still have any tolerance left for them.

Sayonara.

9. Link to Post #66
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Your duplicity, agenda & hypocrisy is noted Aragorn.

"Sayonara"

10. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote Posted by Aragorn (here)
    In my defense, after I had been banned from Project Avalon ─ and by Bill himself ─ and arrived at The One Truth, where lots of former Project Avalon members were dwelling who had all either left Project Avalon voluntarily or had been banned, there was a wave of Bill-bashing going on there, and it was all too easy to allow oneself to get drawn into it and ride that wave.

But it was wrong, it was puerile, and I shouldn't have done that. Yet, I cannot go back and change history. I can also not start deleting those posts, because of two reasons. The first reason is that I want to own up to my mistakes, as bad as they were. I don't like sweeping something under the rug and then pretending that it never happened. I made mistakes, and I want to acknowledge the fact that I've made them. The second reason is more out of pragmatism, namely that deleting or voiding posts often breaks the continuity of a thread, unless the posts to be deleted were completely off-topic for the thread in question.

Like I said, I have apologized to Bill for my behavior back then ─ behavior that I am now genuinely ashamed of ─ and I'm pretty sure that Bill has forgiven me for those transgressions.
    I respect you taking ownership of your mischaracterisations Aragorn!

Another book summary from Robert Steeles bibliography in ‘On Intelligence’:
    Kuhn, Thomas S., The Structure of Scientific Revolutions (University of Chicago, 1970).

...Two points are worthy of emphasis: 1) the paradigm shift is always forced and 2) until the paradigm shift occurs, always suddenly, the incumbents can comfortably explain everything with their existing paradigm.
    You changed your paradigm about Bill once in the past. Maybe sometime in the future you’ll see your mischaracterisations of me are also operating from a prejudiced paradigm. I’m quite happy to be wrong if the Truth reveals your paradigm to be correct Aragorn. Until then, I’ll continue my research regardless of how much hypocritical gaslighting, mudslinging and namecalling I have to endure from those who complain about being bullied

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

KiwiElf (28th July 2019), Lost N Found (28th July 2019)

12. Link to Post #68
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Be VERY careful, Aragorn.

My finger is hovering over "submit post" of two questionable infographics - perhaps quite defamatory - which appeared on a Q Research Board recently, manufactured by TOT members under your supervision, targeting Bill & Project Avalon.

Contrary to your deluded claims, we "Qultists" do our research.

Would you like me to post them along with the link?
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 28th July 2019 at 10:28.

13. Link to Post #69
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Two interesting articles. I'll just link them, not copy them. They're very dismissive of many things, of course, and have a very mainstream view. They talk about 'conspiracy theories', which usually makes me stop reading immediately.

But the personal stories in there are probably true.

~~~
    • Christmas Is the Loneliest Time for Qanon Fans
      The Daily Beast spoke to four Q believers who claim to have been isolated from loved ones, as well as a former Q believer who thinks the isolation helps reinforce QAnon support.

https://thedailybeast.com/christmas-...for-qanon-fans
    This is indirectly connected with the thread topic. The same can be said of UFO nuts, of course, but almost everything else in the alternative community is rather less strident, obsessive and potentially divisive — maybe with the exception of the Corey Goode cult, and the Flat Earthers (also a kind of cult, though without a leader or any 'trust-the-plan' promises).

The commonality, of course, is that under heavy criticism, the believers form a self-justifying, mutually protective plalanx, and dialog becomes more and more impossible. That's what the articles are about.
    Thanks for the links Bill. I feel sorry for those having to endure this fanatical extremism from their loved ones.

And of course, as you noted, this extreme fanaticism isn’t isolated to Q. We have and do witness it daily. From religion, to Ufology, to conspiracy theories, to safe spaces, to politics, to doomsayers, to immunisations, to global warming, to predictions, to ………

The links gave me a greater insight into the fear some members here have of Q followers.

But I’m just not seeing validation of those fears for Avalon members as they’re pretty much happy staying in their own corner while the jury is still out for conclusive statements re Q. They’re not running around on other thread topics saying “but Q said this and Q said that”.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

ClearWater (28th July 2019), Deux Corbeaux (28th July 2019), edina (28th July 2019), Jayke (28th July 2019), Kryztian (30th July 2019), sunflower (29th July 2019)

15. Link to Post #70
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

My finger is hovering over "submit post" of two questionable infographics - perhaps quite defamatory - which appeared on a Q Research Board recently, manufactured by TOT members under your supervision, targeting Bill & Project Avalon.

KiwiElf, Aragorn has said that he has blocked you in post # 65. He cannot see your posts.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (28th July 2019), Frank V (28th July 2019), KiwiElf (28th July 2019)

17. Link to Post #71
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Possibly Constance, but it would be wise if Bill and the Mods paid heed to my post #62 (above).

"Things are not what they seem"

Best

Kiwi

18. Link to Post #72
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)

KiwiElf, Aragorn has said that he has blocked you in post # 65. He cannot see your posts.
    I will address the allegation, Constance. Here's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth ─ and KiwiElf had better prepare himself for a shocker.

Over at The One Truth, we have a (now dysfunctional) community group called Watchdog Task Force. This community group was operational until our former super moderator bsbray ─ formerly known here at Project Avalon under the same name, but then after the 2016 US presidential elections under the name A Voice from the Mountains ─ stepped down from the mod room and then left the forum 48 hours later.

The group hasn't seen any traffic anymore since bsbray left The One Truth on the 3rd of November 2016, with the exception of one thread, comprised of only two posts, in which I announced to the other group members that bsbray had left the forum, and in what way. Unfortunate circumstances at the forum in the next couple of days necessitated that I would later on post the same explanation of how bsbray left ─ and the two threats he made on the night he left ─ on a members-only announcement thread, which was posted as a one-time force-read for all members upon login for a period of (I believe) two weeks.

Even though all staff members were members of that community group ─ mainly for administrative purposes ─ the group was also comprised of a couple of regular members, all of whom were invited by the staff, and the driving force behind the group was bsbray. The group's purpose was to examine the evidence (if any) behind the claims of alternative community personalities, such as Simon Parkes, Corey Goode, David Wilcock, Laura Eisenhower, and so on. And yes, Bill Ryan was also on the group's watch list, although Bill was the last subject to be added to that list.

But believe it or not, bsbray (A Voice from the Mountains) wanted to personally bring down Bill, but without jeopardizing his membership here at Project Avalon. Given that I was the administrator of a then still perceived "competing" forum to Project Avalon and that I was banned from here, I told bsbray that if push came to shove and he wanted to publish that stuff on the open forum, then all he had to do was pass that stuff onto me, write up the post, and I would post it on the forum under my own name, as if I had been the one who had written it all. In spite of his three earlier psychotic outbursts toward myself in the mod room, I was still willing to take the fall for him. And the use of infographs was also not only bsbray's idea, but he was also the one who drew them up. I didn't have anything to do with that, and neither did any of the other members of the group.

Either way, it never happened, because then bsbray suddenly became brainwashed with Trump mania, which then culminated in him stepping down as a staff member first and then leaving the forum two days later. I have just checked the Watchdog Task Force group, and there are no infographs about Bill Ryan in there, although there was a text version of a draft ─ completely typed up by bsbray himself ─ with what he called "Bill Ryan's track record", as well as a separate group thread about people whom Bill had interviewed over the years.

And that's all there is to it. I do believe to have seen a draft of an infograph on Bill and/or Project Avalon which bsbray either sent to me via email or that he had hosted at some venue on the web and that he shared the link with me to in a PM. But insofar as I remember, this was only a rough draft, and I repeat that bsbray was the one who had created it, and who intended to use it.

Furthermore, I will also reveal that bsbray had doctored a couple of photos of leprechaun statues for the garden with Bill's face (and hat) on them, and that he even sent them to Christine Anderson. But Christine distanced herself from bsbray as she found him two-faced. Which, indeed, he is. After all, he wanted to bring down Bill and Project Avalon, but without jeopardizing his membership here, and then after he left The One Truth ─ because we were "soooo liberal, ewwww!" ─ he started badmouthing us over here, and sending incredibly insulting private messages to one of our staff members whom he was still in contact with over Skype. I have seen those messages ─ the insults were primarily directed at myself, and in a lesser degree also at Malc, and they were all of a sexual nature ─ and that's when I decided to convert the status of his account at The One Truth from retired to banned.

So there's your hero A Voice from the Mountains for you QAnon fans: a two-faced psychotic guy who wanted to bring down Project Avalon and Bill, but without wanting to take the fall for it.
    Last edited by Frank V; 28th July 2019 at 13:43.

19. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,280 times in 1,399 posts

None of this side show was known to me and had absolutely nothing with why I pay attention to Q. While I admit there is a likely obsession with the phenom it appears to me that it's mostly right leaning which can range from extreme right winger to just over the line. And then of course there the neutral crowds that just hate the current players on the left but not the left itself so much as the cartel they see involved in the last few elections. (okay more than a few) But the point is these crowds mentioned above all like the idea of the left criminal cartel getting it's a$$ handed to it. They either hate the democratic party as a general enemy or they see the current leadership as the enemy as stated. So seeing them struggle or even fantasizing about it can offer relief. It's no different than reading a good book that builds tension, has a protagonist and an antagonist, a plot or narrative, the entire suspense of it all with the over the top drama. It's a great thing to think that this pirate group of thugs including Obama will be defeated and shamed in public to these people.

Are they going to fall apart if none of it happens? No not likely. They'll move on like they have numerous other times because Bigfoot or UFO's or paranormal, or some other conspiracy involving any or all of that and more is right around the corner. Q is lumped in there with the rest of the obsessive stuff on the net that hooks people. My sisters are so hooked on FB games I can hardly have a chat with them you know? Lets talk about that addiction as it's far more prevalent than Q as these games have been around since facebook began.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

ClearWater (28th July 2019), DeDukshyn (28th July 2019), Elen (30th July 2019), Frank V (28th July 2019), HaveBlue (30th July 2019), Jayke (28th July 2019), sunflower (29th July 2019)

21. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Was that a veiled threat? Oh wait ... that wasn't veiled at all (and for what motivation? What leverage did you hope to gain with that?) ... KiwiElf ... you're not Trump - stop acting like him - Trump's just an idiot and I don't want to have to think that way of you.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 28th July 2019 at 16:12.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

AutumnW (28th July 2019), Billy (30th July 2019), Elen (30th July 2019), Forest Denizen (29th July 2019), Frank V (28th July 2019), loungelizard (31st August 2019), Wind (29th July 2019)

23. Link to Post #75
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    [...] It's no different than reading a good book that builds tension, has a protagonist and an antagonist, a plot or narrative, the entire suspense of it all with the over the top drama. [...]
    Exactly! And this is what I was referring to earlier as the thesis and the antithesis. The real Hegelian dialectic states that out of thesis and antithesis, synthesis will be born. And the idea, then, is that the synthesis will be bigger than the sum of its parts.

If we want to continue calling ourselves an alternative community, then we will have to first and foremost become alternative, and seek the synthesis, rather than align ourselves with either the thesis or the antithesis. And it all starts with us. Or as Mahatma Gandhi said, "You must become the change you wish to see in the world."

By the way, a political candidate representing this synthesis does exist in the USA, albeit that the mainstream media are not paying much attention to her, and it'll remain yet to be seen whether the Democratic Party will even allow her to run for the White House, given that she aims to do away with the status quo and the dog & pony show. Her name is Marianne Williamson, and she is a prolific author, as well as a very spiritually inclined person.

24. Link to Post #76
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Marianne Williamson won't capture the attention she deserves for many reasons. She will be ignored by mainstream media for obvious reasons. She will be ignored by the alt right as they are enthralled with Trump. She will be ignored by the alt left, because they have roots in humanism and atheism.

If we listen to that little voice inside of ourselves that yearns for the truly miraculous, we'll hear it whispering, "Marianne Williamson"

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Chester (7th August 2019), Elen (30th July 2019), Frank V (29th July 2019), sunflower (29th July 2019)

26. Link to Post #77
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the reason the Q material and the Q thread here at Avalon, continues to be so popular, even after it was removed from public view, is because people continue to find the information of value?

Occam's Razor.

Love Marianne Williamson by the way. Wish her all the best.

I've been through A Course in Miracles 3x.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Chester (7th August 2019), Elen (30th July 2019), Frank V (29th July 2019), Lost N Found (29th July 2019), Matthew (29th July 2019), sunflower (29th July 2019), Valerie Villars (29th July 2019)

28. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    Has it ever occurred to anyone that the reason the Q material and the Q thread here at Avalon, continues to be so popular, even after it was removed from public view, is because people continue to find the information of value?

Occam's Razor.

Love Marianne Williamson by the way. Wish her all the best.

I've been through A Course in Miracles 3x.
    Maybe ... but the poll somewhat suggested that the group isn't as large as it seems - its just a bit noisier.

What value are people finding, I wonder ... and I also wonder, if perhaps, "entertainment", "addiction", etc. might be often disguised as "value", similarly as we as humans very often disguise fear as "practicality".

I tried to understand a meaningful value in the Q material but I don't see it much ... perhaps someone could explain the value of Q. Does a larger, and more aligned audience make Q more efficient at fixing all the worlds issues?
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 29th July 2019 at 01:56.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Elen (30th July 2019), Forest Denizen (29th July 2019), Frank V (29th July 2019), Wind (29th July 2019)

30. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,191 times in 4,071 posts

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    Has it ever occurred to anyone that the reason the Q material and the Q thread here at Avalon, continues to be so popular, even after it was removed from public view, is because people continue to find the information of value?...
    Yes, arguably the drops act as a way to spread awareness of topics like child abuse. At the same time, with that being true on one side there's also people who doubt Q's questionable origins, and then discount everything Q has said. It happened here on this forum very recently (here is a link to the my response to this, the post in question that demonstrates my point is the post before it). So the jury is out for me atm

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Frank V (29th July 2019), Kalamos (29th July 2019)

32. Link to Post #80
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

A lot of social psychologists have measured schizophrenia/schizotypal scores against other measurements of conspiratorial ideation and there's some correlation but not that strong. Conspiracism is sort of a trap though as it is self reinforcing for a number of reasons. Once you redpill yourself, it's very hard to pull yourself out. Many of researchers talk about how conspiracism is monological (as in no dialogue). Everything gets organized to fit within a non falsifiable conspiracy. Some researchers use the term degenerate research; meaning people start to actively look for sources to confirm their own biases.

I don't personally think it's fair to assume that these people have biological/chemical reasons for what we perceive as a mass hysteria. (Though I've had similar thoughts to yours about autoimmune issues/inflammation etc.) I think it's definitely a structural/systemic combination of complex factors, including the modern internet, social change, technological change and shifting political trends that are making people behave strangely/horribly from our perspective. Keep in mind too that a lot of these beliefs were probably OK back when a lot of these baby boomers were growing up. The rules have changed under their feet and they don't know what to do.

Conspiracy theories like QAnon are “self-sealing” meaning that evidence against them can become evidence of their validity in the minds of believers, according to Stephan Lewandowsky, a professor at the University of Bristol who studies conspiracy theories and conspiracists. Trying to disprove a conspiracy theory thus usually only serves to reinforce it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephan_Lewandowsky

Even debunking QAnon makes it stronger. From this Vox piece a while ago: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-theory-reddit
    Last edited by Gaia; 29th July 2019 at 14:48.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

AutumnW (30th July 2019), Elen (30th July 2019), Frank V (29th July 2019), Franny (30th July 2019), Kalamos (29th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast