+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The first Space Nation/Kingdom of Asgardia

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Default The first Space Nation/Kingdom of Asgardia

Dust off your passport just in case you get a chance to visit the official first Space Station Nation/Kingdom of Asgardia. Endorsed by the ISS they are ready to go with a flag, an Eye of Horus type logo, a pledge of allegiance, a constitution, and highly emotional national anthem with a child choir. I suspect it will spin off into a religion as well when the time is ripe.

Conceived of by Azerbaijani, Igor Ashurbeyli, the first Head of Asgardia, with help from the UN and more, it had a soft launch in 2018. It's made up of many nations to be One People. Very nice.

Read more:
    https://asgardia.space/en/

A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

aoibhghaire (30th August 2019), Baby Steps (30th August 2019), Bill Ryan (29th August 2019), Elen (1st September 2019), ExomatrixTV (29th August 2019), Frank V (29th August 2019), Hervé (29th August 2019), Ioneo (29th August 2019), Justplain (31st August 2019), Nasu (29th August 2019), Sadieblue (30th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th August 2019), the_real_dave-id (31st August 2019), toppy (30th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Default Re: The first Space Nation/Kingdom of Asgardia

Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    Dust off your passport just in case you get a chance to visit the official first Space Station Nation/Kingdom of Asgardia. Endorsed by the ISS they are ready to go with a flag, an Eye of Horus type logo, a pledge of allegiance, a constitution, and highly emotional national anthem with a child choir. I suspect it will spin off into a religion as well when the time is ripe.

Conceived of by Azerbaijani, Igor Ashurbeyli, the first Head of Asgardia, with help from the UN and more, it had a soft launch in 2018. It's made up of many nations to be One People. Very nice.

Read more:
    https://asgardia.space/en/

[... video snipped in order to decrease page load time ...]
    The concept isn't new, though. I first read about it in 2016 in an article at The Guardian, and we even had a brief discussion about it over in our neck of the woods ─ the thread can be found here.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

So sorry about that, I didn't know there was one on TOT.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Elen (1st September 2019), Frank V (30th August 2019), johnf (30th August 2019)

6. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    So sorry about that, I didn't know there was one on TOT.
    There's nothing to be sorry about, dear lady. It is somewhat of an obscure thing, and apart from that article in The Guardian back in 2016, there hasn't really been any more news about it in the mainstream.

The thread over at The One Truth was also quickly stopped in its tracks by the paranoid members who could only see the conspiracy-theory angle of this initiative. Which was a shame, because I thought the concept was fascinating, and that it opened up the door to a debate about some genuine geopolitical changes for the better.

Therefore, I appreciate that you've brought the subject of Asgardia back to the alternative community's attention ─ and to my own attention as an individual.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Asgardia: is there a Thor, Loki and Odin in residence? 😲

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Frank V (31st August 2019)

9. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member Zanshin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 times in 268 posts

Thread merge perhaps?

Started by Cidersomerset -

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...light=asgardia

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanshin For This Post:

Frank V (31st August 2019)

11. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

#ASIC2019 was held this week

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Asgardia Space Nation

Space Science & Investment Congress

Published 14th - 16th October 2019

The vision behind the first Asgardia Space Science and Investment Congress is to bring 250 people together from academia, aerospace industry, as well as investors, who are eager to shape the future for living in space. The time has come to create space environments besides the ISS where humans can live for extended periods. The congress will focus on the science and technology required to support these first permanent space habitats, including:

Overcoming cosmic radiation / Living in artificial and lunar gravity / Procreation and growing up in space
    Other topics include life support systems, space tourism, energy harvesting, recycling, human performance, commercial space transportation, space physiology, new materials, space architecture, counter measures, astrobiology, water and oxygen supply, space debris, space weather.

ASIC offers a unique new forum to bring together experts and scientists from multiple disciplines, from all space agencies, universities and industries worldwide, to address these challenges as we look towards the future of humanity. The congress is for everyone who is curious about human spaceflight and paving the road towards permanent space inhabitation. The program will include topic-led sessions with top level key-note lectures, panel discussions, and individual lectures/presentations. There will also be poster areas in which PhD students and others are encouraged to present their work.

Day One

Opening Ceremony & Artificial Gravity Session

Procreation In Space Session

Day Two

Manufacturing & Industry Session

Session On Investors

Space Law & LEO Session

Day Three

Session On Space Physiology

Session On Radiation

General Session & Closing

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Cara (17th October 2019), Frank V (16th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread