+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Kennedys and Jimmy Hoffa

1. Link to Post #1
    San Marino Avalon Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Kennedys and Jimmy Hoffa

something I never understood about JFK and RFK. JFK was supposed to be for the common people, the working folks yet they both seemed to be at war against Jimmy Hoffa who spent his life helping working folks. Why did they want to bring down Hoffa?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaybird88 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2019), Chester (9th September 2019), Hervé (6th September 2019), Tintin (11th September 2019), toppy (6th September 2019), WhiteFeather (11th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: The Kennedys and Jimmy Hoffa

An explanation here: (maybe!)

Mafia Boss Tells All - Jimmy Hoffa, JFK Assassination and Much More

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Chester (9th September 2019), Hervé (6th September 2019), Ioneo (6th September 2019), James (6th September 2019), jaybird88 (7th September 2019), Mercedes (6th September 2019), mountain_jim (9th September 2019), muxfolder (9th September 2019), noxon medem (11th September 2019), Sadieblue (6th September 2019), Satori (6th September 2019), Tintin (11th September 2019), toppy (6th September 2019), WhiteFeather (11th September 2019), Words of Joy (6th September 2019), Yoda (6th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

I can't always predict what fires might arise that results in my failure to fulfill a promise as planned.

Anyways, the next post is essentially the conclusion I wanted to present from providing a lengthy post that would build the case for the conclusion. But I have four pages of support information which I am struggling to find the time to make into a cohesive "case building" for my conclusion. I may get to that if anyone is interested. Anyways, Here's my answer to the posted question - see the next post.
    Last edited by Chester; 11th September 2019 at 03:14.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2019), Tintin (11th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Bobby Kennedy’s personality was driven much like a savior complex. John Kennedy was certainly driven to do good, but he was practical, understood the complexities of US Politics, and not only listened to his father, Joe Kennedy’s advice, but headed his advice. Bobby didn’t care as much about the deals made and the favors provided to get John elected.

But this was a family that saw themselves as competitors with the elite of the elite. See this quote as an example: “Oh, come on. We Kennedys eat Rockefellers for breakfast.” —RFK, 1965
    Source

Hoffa was seen as a “white coat mafioso” and despite the fact that mafia factions via not just Joe Kennedy’s connections (as Franzese alluded to in the above posted video), but LBJ’s connections (once LBJ made the deal with Joe Kennedy to get the VP nod), made an important difference in John Kennedy winning the Presidency by receiving the union votes that only came at the direction of the real union bosses (not the Hoffa’s).

Funny too… Bobby got the dirt on Teamster boss, Beck, via Hoffa which caused Beck to decline a bid for reelection as union president. Guess who became the boss? Hoffa. And by the end of that same year, Bobby went after Hoffa as chief counsel of the Select Committee on Improper Activities in Labor and Management. Hoffa does Bobby a favor but does so to become the next boss, but Bobby deems Hoffa just as sleazy and immediately goes after Hoffa.

Note: It was understood at the time that the best interests of “the working folks” was not exactly the primary concern of unions.

So, by the time John Kennedy becomes US President, Bobby was already out of control and the father was starting to loose his health, thus strength, thus influence, especially over Bobby. By the time Joe had his stroke, December 19, 1961, Bobby had made it clear he was going to war with the mafia (and this included the unions considering their relationship with the mafia). Notice after Joe’s stroke, the effort increases significantly.
    Last edited by Chester; 11th September 2019 at 13:54.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th September 2019), Hervé (11th September 2019), Tintin (11th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread