Thread: All Sports All The Time

1. Link to Post #381
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,448 times in 279 posts

Default Re: All Sports All The Time

@Bill - I was so wrapped-up in England's also remarkable victory over a far-superior Indian side in Hyderabad - England having conceded nearly 200 runs deficit in the first innings, and with England's best bowler injured and very limited in how much he could bowl (and second best batsman not playing) that I neglected this simultaneous match in Australia.

Tom Hartley, the left arm orthodox spinner who was playing his first Test M for England, and who took seven wickets in the second innings to secure victory, had experienced maybe the worst start imaginable to his first game; being hit for two sixes in his first over, and being taken-apart by the Indian openers for several overs.

The England victory was another tribute to Ben Stokes's genius level ability as a captain; who demonstrated unswerving confidence in Hartley, encouraging and being positive despite Hartley's truly nightmarish (potentially career ending) start to the game - and the team reaped the benefits a couple of days later.

Somehow the England team were so convinced by the captain and coach (McCullum) that they would win - despite everything being against them - that England managed to convince the Indians that, therefore, they must lose...

The West Indians are not only a poor Test team over the past twenty years (especially away from home), whereas Australia are current World Test Champions; but this particular side sent to Australia by the Windies was almost a second-string team. Due (I think) to some of their best players playing much better paid T20 in the franchise leagues around the world.

So, even more remarkable.
    Last edited by Bruce G Charlton; 29th January 2024 at 15:48.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Bald (29th January 2024), Bill Ryan (29th January 2024), Ewan (29th January 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (29th January 2024), Tintin (29th January 2024), Yoda (30th January 2024)

3. Link to Post #382
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,816 times in 4,349 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    Is the Superbowl rigged?
    No, as it turns out. Kansas City Chiefs stunned the Baltimore Ravens in the Championship game and made it to Superbowl 58. I honestly could not see how such a dynamic, eclectic game like American Football could be rigged by the officials, not with multiple cameras on every play to expose fraudulent calls. Offending crews get exposed when they make mistakes, and in worst cases are side-lined by the NFL.

Last night, for example, the officials had an obvious opportunity to award the Ravens a DPI on Likely late in the 4th quarter, which would have set the Ravens up in the red zone, but they didn't. It was actually a bad call, and pretty much ended the game (for the Ravens).

Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)
    @Bill - I was so wrapped-up in England's also remarkable victory over a far-superior Indian side in Hyderabad
    Yep me too! Fair play to the lad, I'd never heard of him. The West Indies are a pale, pale shadow of that team in the 80's that so many of us Cricket fans have such fond memories watching (except when they played England of course). They're due another big star of the game. Joseph could develop into one with the right coaches, although at the moment (yesterday notwithstanding) he looks raw to me.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th January 2024), Bruce G Charlton (29th January 2024), Ewan (29th January 2024), Yoda (30th January 2024)

5. Link to Post #383
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,400 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: All Sports All The Time

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th January 2024), Bluegreen (24th March 2024), Yoda (30th January 2024)

7. Link to Post #384
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,746 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    A wonderful, inspiring, feel-good story that even those who don't know a thing about cricket may understand.

West Indies, the vast underdogs, just beat Australia, in Australia, for the first time in 26 years. Their astonishing superhero was a young guy called Shamar Joseph who was playing in just his second international match.

No-one had ever heard of him before. He was brought up in a tiny village in Guyana, with only 350 people and no internet. 18 months ago, working as a security guard, he was talent-spotted and fast-tracked into the West Indian team.

All this (see below!) happened yesterday. The evening before that, Joseph had been struck on the toe by a fast ball, very badly, and had to helped off the pitch in tears. He could not walk.

Yesterday, he thought there was no point in even coming to the ground. But his doctor told him that if he was there, it'd encourage his team-mates. He gave Joseph's badly mangled toe a painkilling injection.

Then, amazingly, Joseph told his captain that he thought he could bowl. He was given the ball, with Australia looking like they were going to stroll to yet another easy victory.

Joseph single-handedly destroyed the Australian team, and West Indies won by the slimmest margin in in one of the most dramatic close games ever seen. Brian Lara, a West Indian TV commentator in the press box and one of the greatest cricketers ever to have lived, was in tears himself and could barely speak.

Look at this celebration. This was the guy who was in constant pain all day, and just the previous evening couldn't walk without help.

https://twitter.com/cricketcomau/sta...06458565341401
    Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)
    The West Indians are not only a poor Test team over the past twenty years (especially away from home), whereas Australia are current World Test Champions; but this particular side sent to Australia by the Windies was almost a second-string team. Due (I think) to some of their best players playing much better paid T20 in the franchise leagues around the world.

So, even more remarkable.
    ~~~

Bruce, do take a look at Shamar Joseph's new Wikipedia page. His human story is even more astonishing (and barely believable!) than I'd even realised.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamar_Joseph

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bruce G Charlton (30th January 2024), Ewan (31st January 2024), Yoda (30th January 2024)

9. Link to Post #385
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,006 times in 2,112 posts

Default NFL fixed? You decide... watch

This past weekend our Detrioit Lions had a 3 score lead and then we watched a series of mistakes , freak accidents or? Happen and it was spun around in 8 minutes . I had a personal stake in this as I was putting a few bucks on the lions thru online sports for the last 3 months for the lions to win the super bowl. We wont discuss my frustration. However for the last few months I have been hearing rumblings of hanky panky from other alternative speakers that the NFL is rigged. I truly thought no way how are they going to do that ect ect. Then this highlight came out on video of And We know , go to the 33 minute mark on the video and watch what happens during this tackle. After watching this what do you think ? This was the baltimore ravens/chiefs game from last week.

https://rumble.com/v4a30lu-1.29.24-t...l-psyop-d.html

PS I tried to find that NFL link that bluegreen has been posting on and couldn't find it so I started this one if you want to move it mods.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st February 2024), Bluegreen (2nd February 2024), Ewan (2nd February 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st February 2024)

11. Link to Post #386
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,816 times in 4,349 posts

Default Re: NFL fixed? You decide... watch

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    This was the baltimore ravens/chiefs game from last week.
    That clip to me looks like Broncos/Seahawks, not the play-off game in question at all. And they show it only in slow motion. In real-time this action lasts like one second, that's not nearly enough time for the runner to make a hand signal and the defender to recognise it, understand it, and adjust his trajectory.

I mooted recently about the Superbowl being rigged. (See here, and here). Personally no, I don't believe it. For one, there's no incentive for players to throw a game. They're on so much money already the only thing they're really playing for is that elusive Superbowl ring. I also highly doubt officials would be involved either. Every call is scrutinised due to the dozens of cameras catching every play from multiple angles. When they make a bad call, everybody knows. Just back in December an officiating crew was pulled from the Play-off schedule after a really bad call during the Lions/Cowboys game, which ultimately denied the Lions a late two-point conversion which would have secured them victory.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st February 2024), Bluegreen (2nd February 2024), Ewan (2nd February 2024)

13. Link to Post #387
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,482 times in 10,168 posts

Bluegreen Vacations Duel 1 at Daytona Highlights | NASCAR on FOX

(10:10)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th February 2024), Ivanhoe (21st February 2024), Johnnycomelately (20th March 2024), Mike (21st February 2024)

15. Link to Post #388
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Spurs' Mascot The Coyote Captures Bat

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A bat descended on the court and delayed play after Victor Wembanyama made a 3-pointer two minutes into the San Antonio Spurs’ 113-112 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday night.

Dressed in a Batman costume, the Spurs’ mascot, The Coyote, captured the bat with a net after numerous failed attempts, much to the delight of the crowd and both teams.

The Coyote was prepared, having the costume made after previously corralling two bats. Former Spurs star Manu Ginobili swatted another to the court with his bare hand in 2009.

https://apnews.com/article/spurs-bat...6cd310702e1bb3

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st February 2024), Ewan (21st February 2024), Ivanhoe (21st February 2024), Johnnycomelately (20th March 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st February 2024), Mike (21st February 2024)

17. Link to Post #389
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 times in 998 posts

Another Wonder Kid who skates, this one is a young lady from Brazil.

The clip at 0:21 - 0:24 (of 16:03 total) is of her 3-stair heel flip at age 8 in a fairy dress (Independence Day), that got her being known. I recommend watching it at quarter speed.

* placeholder for link to article I found this vid in. I must have screwed up because it says I’m timed-out for now. * edit, got it:

https://www.surfertoday.com/skateboa...ss-rayssa-leal

She got props from Tony hawk, Nyjah Huston, and Shane O’Neil.

Out There: Rayssa Leal

ThrasherMagazine
    3.14M subscribers
    74,714 views Mar 18, 2024
    “From an unassuming three stair in Brazil to the States' most iconic 16, Rayssa's meteoric rise is nothing short of a fairytale.”

Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 20th March 2024 at 05:40.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Bluegreen (21st March 2024), Ewan (20th March 2024)

19. Link to Post #390
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Blue jersey, brown shorts, white socks: Belgium’s new kit a tribute to comic book legend Tintin

BRUSSELS (AP) — If Kevin De Bruyne goes back to his old haircut, he will make a perfect Tintin at the soccer European Championship this summer.

The Belgium Football Association unveiled the new home and away kits for its male and female internationals on Thursday. The home kit continues with the traditional red color worn by the national teams, whose players are nicknamed the Red Devils and Red Flames. But the away kit is a tribute to Belgian cartoonist Hergé and the character that made his fame: Tintin, the intrepid reporter. It is composed of a blue jersey with a white collar, brown shorts, and white socks.

In his action-packed adventures, Tintin often wears a blue sweater over a white collared shirt paired with brown cutoff pants, white socks and brown shoes. Tintin also has a trademark quiff haircut.

Over the years, Belgian media have often pointed to the resemblance of Belgian midfielder Kevin De Bruyne to Tintin, particularly when the Manchester City star sported a shorter haircut.

“As a big Tintin fan, I am delighted that our Red Devils will be conquering Europe in a jersey based on one of Belgium’s greatest heroes,” said Piet Vandendriessche, the Belgium FA CEO.

Tintin first appeared in the Brussels “Le Petit Vingtième” newspaper supplement in 1929 and traveled all over the globe. His adventures have sold more than 270 million comics worldwide and have been translated into 70 languages.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2024), Ewan (21st March 2024), Johnnycomelately (25th March 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st March 2024), Tintin (22nd March 2024), ulli (22nd March 2024)

21. Link to Post #391
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,993 times in 5,554 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    Blue jersey, brown shorts, white socks: Belgium’s new kit a tribute to comic book legend Tintin

BRUSSELS (AP) — If Kevin De Bruyne goes back to his old haircut, he will make a perfect Tintin at the soccer European Championship this summer.

The Belgium Football Association unveiled the new home and away kits for its male and female internationals on Thursday. The home kit continues with the traditional red color worn by the national teams, whose players are nicknamed the Red Devils and Red Flames. But the away kit is a tribute to Belgian cartoonist Hergé and the character that made his fame: Tintin, the intrepid reporter. It is composed of a blue jersey with a white collar, brown shorts, and white socks.

In his action-packed adventures, Tintin often wears a blue sweater over a white collared shirt paired with brown cutoff pants, white socks and brown shoes. Tintin also has a trademark quiff haircut.

Over the years, Belgian media have often pointed to the resemblance of Belgian midfielder Kevin De Bruyne to Tintin, particularly when the Manchester City star sported a shorter haircut.

“As a big Tintin fan, I am delighted that our Red Devils will be conquering Europe in a jersey based on one of Belgium’s greatest heroes,” said Piet Vandendriessche, the Belgium FA CEO.

Tintin first appeared in the Brussels “Le Petit Vingtième” newspaper supplement in 1929 and traveled all over the globe. His adventures have sold more than 270 million comics worldwide and have been translated into 70 languages.

Yup, I second that
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2024), Bluegreen (24th March 2024), Ewan (23rd March 2024), Johnnycomelately (25th March 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd March 2024), Miller (22nd March 2024)

23. Link to Post #392
    Thanks

An extraordinary survival story — not from an accident, but from Pulmonary Edema. (How this man did not die is beyond me. His pulse oximeter was at 35. I didn't believe anyone could still be alive with such a low oxygen reading.)

I do think it belongs here rather than on the Recent Cardiac Events Amongst Sports People thread... it's more of a account of his own determined will to live than anything else.
    A Close Call at Annapurna Base Camp

Vadim Druelle of France had a close call at Annapurna Base Camp even before he could attempt the mountain without supplementary oxygen.

Druelle, 23, reported today that even before reaching Base Camp about a week ago, he had food poisoning. He was very weak when he pulled into camp but felt better the following day. He figured that he was on the road to recovery. Then things became complicated.

“I started coughing up a salmon-colored foam and the pulse oximeter was at 35.”

He suddenly felt as if his body was giving up on him. He looked up “pulmonary edema” in a medical book and realized that the foam indicated that that’s what he had, and it was very advanced.

Within minutes, he fled Base Camp. “It was clearly the instinct to survive,” recalls Druelle.

“My brain had gone into a mode I had never experienced before,” said the young French climber.

He took Dexamethasone and was able to get to a lower altitude. Druelle says that that 20km was the hardest effort of his life. When he reached Pokhara, doctors there examined him. They determined that he was, in fact, in the last stage of pulmonary edema.

His medical team back in Chamonix warned him not to return to altitude. He needs to convalesce back in France, and scaling Annapurna without oxygen will have to wait for next year.

Druelle is no stranger to a hypoxic environment. He has already summited Kangchenjunga, Manaslu (foresummit), and attempted Dhaulagiri I and Lhotse’s South Face, all without supplementary oxygen.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (3rd April 2024), Johnnycomelately (10th April 2024), kudzy (1st April 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd April 2024), Mike (1st April 2024), Yoda (1st April 2024)

25. Link to Post #393
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 times in 998 posts

Happenstance is the best kind of stance.

Went looking for recent stories about skateboarding, found one about how Samsung has just got into sponsoring skateboarding, surfing, and breaking.

https://www.sportcal.com/sponsorship...rfing-leagues/

What the heck is “breaking”, I thought, and went and searched the organization name. Turns out they have YouTube chan.

Vid from nine years ago, haven’t yet looked at their homepage for recent uploads.

I am moved by seeing the skill and power and artistic expression here. What I call a performance art, which dancing already is, but this rates the descriptor “extreme” imo.

Repstyles vs Lionz of Zion | Semi-Final | District Classic '15 | PBT | UDEF x Silverback

Pro Breaking Tour
    11.9k subscribers

6,711 views Mar 15, 2015
    “Repstyles (Mighty Mouse & Knuckles) vs Lionz of Zion (Napalm & Illz)
    Winner: Lionz of Zion
    District Classic: World Bboy Classic East Coast Qualifier - Presented by the Pro Breaking Tour & Sanctioned by UDEF
    Sponsored by Silverback Bboy Events
    Pro Breaking Tour Futures Series - UDEFtour.org

More info about the 2015 tour of dance events in your area:
    udeftour.org
    udeftour.org/full-schedule/

September 4th & 5th: "Renegade Rockers Anniversary" San Francisco, CA
    September 12th: "Southeast Bboy Champs" Asheville, NC
    September 20th: "No Holding Back" San Juan, Puerto Rico
    September 26th: "LOZ Anniversary" Washington, DC
    October 3rd: "Will Forever B-ILL" New York, NY
    October 10th & 11th: "The Silverback Open Championships" Wayne, PA
    October 17th: "Evolution: NYC" New York, NY
    October 24th: "Who Can Roast the Most?" Miami, FL
    November 7th & 8th: "Freestyle Session World Finals" Los Angeles, CA
    November 21st: "Iphlow 3" Miami, FL
    November 21st: "Energy Leve7" New York, NY
    November 21st: "Chill in the City" Paris, France
    November 28th: "Breaks Kru Anniversary" New York, NY
    December 5th: "Phaze II Anniversary" Chicago, IL
    ................and more dates!”

Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 10th April 2024 at 06:52. Reason: add Sportcal story link

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th April 2024)

27. Link to Post #394
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,008 times in 1,732 posts

College athletics body NAIA bans trans athletes from women's sports
    Ryan Glasspiegel
    New York Post
    Mon, 08 Apr 2024

The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics announced Monday that it has barred transgender athletes from competing in women's sports.

"Only NAIA student-athletes whose biological sex is female may participate in NAIA-sponsored
    female sports," the body said in its announcement of the decision.

The announcement later clarified that "biological sex is defined by distinguishing characteristics and can be supported by birth certificate or signed affidavit."

The NAIA is an NCAA alternative that governs the athletics for 241 schools, which the Washington Post said are "mostly small and private".

NAIA president and CEO Jim Carr issued a statement about the transgender ban, which goes into effect on Aug. 1.

"We are unwavering in our support of fair competition for our student-athletes," Carr said. "It is crucial that NAIA member institutions, conferences, and student-athletes participate in an environment that is equitable and respectful. With input from our member institutions and the Transgender Task Force, the NAIA's Council of Presidents has confirmed our path forward."

The question of transgender athletes competing against women came to the forefront during the 2021-22 NCAA swimming season.

Lia Thomas, who had previously competed for three years as a male on the University of Pennsylvania swim team transitioned to female and began setting various school or pool records and ultimately won a national championship in 2022.

The Washington Post said that the NAIA ban has sparked "concerns" that the NCAA might follow suit.

Anna Baeth, who is the director of research at Athlete Ally, which advocates for queer sports participation, spoke to the outlet about these fears.

"I think that [the NAIA vote] provides a feeling that the NCAA would have the latitude to do the same," Baeth said. "I think that that feeling of latitude would be incredibly misguided."

Last month, a group of women athletes, including a number of swimmers who competed against Thomas, sued the NCAA, seeking a ban of transgender athletes competing in women's sports.

https://www.sott.net/article/490519-...-womens-sports

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2024), Ewan (12th April 2024), Yoda (11th April 2024)

29. Link to Post #395
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,098 times in 3,488 posts

Will Paris ’24 be the Genocidal Olympics?
    How Will the Olympic Movement Navigate the Merger From South African Apartheid to Israeli Genocide?
    By Prof. Anthony J. Hall
    Global Research, April 09, 2024
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/will-p...ympics/5854350

The distance between organized sport and organized genocide seems large. Most often the gap is large. But not when it comes to the Olympics Movement.

When I see images of large numbers of people paying such avid attention to sports contests that have very little meaningful effect on the condition of the world, it riles me.

It makes me think of all the topics requiring the urgent attention of large numbers of people, most of whom fail to find sufficient time to inform themselves adequately even on the really big public issues of our time.

It riles me when I see full grown men being idolized and paid big money because they have devoted themselves to developing deep into their adulthood, a high level of expertise in children’s games.

I riles me when hockey games come to resemble wrestling matches and football games mimic hand-to-hand combat in territorial warfare.

It riles me to see the culture of beer swigging, junk food obesity as well the commodification of female sexual flaunting placed on such open display for mass consumption, including by young folks during the most impressionable years of their lives.

But sports has many facets.

Some of them of do express the wonderful agility of human strength combined with discipline, training, plus surges of sudden spontaneity. Sometimes the Olympics do present a showcase for demonstrations of the mastery of human exertion in perfectly coordinated motion.

At other times, the Olympics exemplify crass exploitation of sporting prowess.

From what I am seeing from paying close attention to the ongoing massacre of penned-in Palestinians, it is entirely possible that the Paris Olympics this summer will be accompanied by an even more hideous stage in the ongoing genocide in Gaza.

It is entirely possible that by then, the scope and scale of the debacle of warring violence will have grown considerably.

Based on a wrongheaded view of Russia’s necessary intervention to hold back NATO and US-backed aggressions in Ukraine, the International Olympics Committee (IOC) has already excluded Russia and Belarus from the Paris Games.

As it now stands, however, the IOC will permit individual athletes and teams from those countries to compete independently.

In contrast the IOC is, so far at least, sticking to the position that the genocide— a genocide already subject to a host of judicial interventions at the World Court— will welcome Israel to the Paris Olympic Games.

In the process of Israel’s mass murder of Palestinians in Gaza, the IDF has killed 100s of the Strip’s top athletes including the Coach of the Palestinian Olympic Team, Hani Al-Mossader.

sraeli Soldiers in the West Bank also murdered Palestinian soccer star Ahmed Daraghmeh.

Besides destroying all the universities, hospitals, mosques, housing, churches, businesses, and infrastructures in the quest to make human life impossible to sustain in Gaza, the IDF has also obliterated dozens of playing fields. It has transformed the Yarmouk Soccer Stadium in Gaza into a military camp for internment, interrogation, and torture.

The Olympic Movement is a very politicized phenomenon characterized by big league commercialization involving some of the world’s main corporate leviathans. These cartels have major involvement in many aspects of the military-industrial-surveillance branches of the corporate culture so deeply integrated into the genocidal web running throughout the Israel-US partnership in mass murder. See this.

South Africa, Israel and the Olympics

Because of its embrace of the institution of racial apartheid, the White minority regime in South Africa was expelled from the International Olympic Committee in 1970. This came after SA was excluded from the Olympic Games of 1964 and 1968.

After 1970 the apartheid regimes of Israel and South Africa became very close, even working together on developing nuclear weapons. On its way to multiracial equality, still a work-in-progress, South Africa returned to the Olympic movement in 1992 at the Barcelona Olympics.

Meanwhile Israel retains its apartheid-like nature although its government’s ruthless genocidal treatment of Palestinians goes far beyond anything ever delivered on the oppressed Blacks made to inhabit the South African Bantustans.

South Africa is no longer Israel’s ally.

In fact post-apartheid South Africa successfully brought the government of Israel before the International Court of Justice to face the charge of violating the UN’s Genocide Convention. The ICJ has already ordered Israel to adhere to provisional measures in order to restrain itself from “plausible genocide.”

In fact for anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear, the genocide in Gaza and the West Bank is obvious and undeniable.

It has taken the weapon of forced starvation to new levels of barbarity. The massacre is directed at the population at large and also at the mass murder of Palestinian academics, artists, journalists, medical practitioners, humanitarian aid workers and leading athletes as well.

Will the International Olympic movement risk making itself liable for the international crime of complicity in genocide?

Will the corporate sponsors of the Olympics want to risk associating their precious brand images with the genocidal associations that would clearly clearly walk into the Olympic stadium in Paris along with the now-defiled image on the Israeli flag?
    Last edited by Kryztian; 13th April 2024 at 16:54. Reason: fixing errors in cut and paste of article
    "If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"
    --- G.K. Chesterton

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2024), Ewan (12th April 2024)

31. Link to Post #396
    Thanks

A spectacular 44 second video. (It's them Russians again )

Russians set stratosphere to North Pole parachute jump record

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Kryztian (22nd April 2024), kudzy (22nd April 2024), Yoda (22nd April 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1 10 20