Thread: Space Elevator to the Moon

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Space Elevator to the Moon

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Quote Posted by Lyran.Sun (here)
    Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Well i'm sorry i bothered, you, i think the way you act speaks more about you than me

It's very pretentious of you to be honest

Quote So I have no interest to explain myself to anyone with insufficient knowledge of occult & conspiracy subject.
    So maybe you should not say anything at all, if you are going to look down into someone else just because she asked a couple questions

Quote You sound like a shill to me that vibrates on an energetic vampiric level.
    It's almost as if you were already predisposed to hating on me, i wonder why

If you feel people are lower than you then why even post something so lacking? If you did not want people to question then you should have been very clear or not post at all

That you immediately displayed hate and disdain just shows you are a bit toxic so i'm just going to ignore your insult and keep going. No point arguing over pointless emptiness

I think the solution is very simple, if you can't talk about it or answer questions then simply don't post about it and expect people to somehow give you praise or respect you. What's the point of posting something then rejecting people who ask questions about it?
    Alright fair enough. I'm sorry if I sounded unreasonable. My short comment was meant in a joking manner. I never expected anyone to follow up. I wanted to be respectful to Bill so I gave him the infos. Was very relunctant to expose the whistleblowers & groups. I have been researching the cabal & their dark agendas for years I know how they function. Talking about occult Nazis stuffs is very sensitive in modern times especially of the far left propaganda run by the mainstream media today. I'm a TI. Which means my life is more at risk compared to lay people. I had to deal with numerous shills online. So I'm sorry if I suspected you as one. If you are interested to expand your knowledge in the occult. I could create new threads with proper sources so more new learners could get easy access. Its not easy researching in the deep jungle of the occult world & many of those infos are mixed with disinfos, the propaganda of the cabal is to dumb down the masses & lead them to spoonfeed on the lies they give to them in mainstream studies all that.

Quote Was very relunctant to expose the whistleblowers & groups

Do you realize, that if you are privy to some information and you just even talk about it to get street credit on a forum, you potentially just killed your sources?

As info is compartmentalized, everyone gets a slightly different story, tainted enough so that it can be tracked back to a single department or even a single person

So the best option is to zip it good

Quote I have been researching the cabal & their dark agendas for years I know how they function. Talking about occult Nazis stuffs is very sensitive in modern times especially of the far left propaganda run by the mainstream media today. I'm a TI. Which means my life is more at risk compared to lay people.
    I could say the same and you would have no way to know if i'm being true or not, but if i had inner knowledge about this the last thing i would do is to go post on forums about it, even if it's like a slight mention of it. So this may be a big mistake on your part, just saying you know?

Quote I had to deal with numerous shills online. So I'm sorry if I suspected you as one. If you are interested to expand your knowledge in the occult. I could create new threads with proper sources so more new learners could get easy access. Its not easy researching in the deep jungle of the occult world & many of those infos are mixed with disinfos, the propaganda of the cabal is to dumb down the masses & lead them to spoonfeed on the lies they give to them in mainstream studies all that.
    I think that if you want to talk about things that you know about, this would be the best site for it, in the end it will depend on all members to query and investigate if you have something that moves them to research and wonder

This is so far offtopic now, see what happens? Weren't we talking about a space elevator to the moon and then your comment lead into this?

cabal & their dark agendas.. But this was more like a technical conversation about how to build an elevator to the moon, with human tech and current/near future knowledge....

<3
    Yeah I was wrong to assume since I felt I was being attacked.

Yes there's this thing called the streisand effect. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect .. well I was daunted to share occult infos on a science thread. Ken kindly explained alot to me. So I'm more open to discuss now.

BTW anyone who wants the whistleblowers & groups all that I gave to the chief Bill. Maybe y'all could get it from him that's if he wants to & not pass them of as wild theories & informations all that jibber jabba
    Last edited by Lyran.Sun; 9th October 2019 at 11:39.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyran.Sun For This Post:

Forest Denizen (9th October 2019), justntime2learn (9th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

I hope I didn't ruin the mood of this thread & hopefully OP don't feel disrespected. Meanwhile in an alternate universe.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyran.Sun For This Post:

Forest Denizen (9th October 2019), Frank V (9th October 2019), justntime2learn (9th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Quiz...

Who said: "To the moon, Alice."?
    I had to Google I've not seen this. Well one 50s era sitcom I saw was I love Lucy.. Ai yi yi!

Perhaps not known to too many people in this day and age, but Desilu, the production company started by Lucille Ball and her husband Desi Arnaz, was instrumental in the success of the original Star Trek franchise.

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Aragorn (here)
    Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Quiz...

Who said: "To the moon, Alice."?
    I had to Google I've not seen this. Well one 50s era sitcom I saw was I love Lucy.. Ai yi yi!

Perhaps not known to too many people in this day and age, but Desilu, the production company started by Lucille Ball and her husband Desi Arnaz, was instrumental in the success of the original Star Trek franchise.
    Nice one bro didn't know that. \\//

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyran.Sun For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th October 2019), Frank V (9th October 2019), justntime2learn (9th October 2019)

8. Link to Post #45
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Red face Re: Space Elevator to the Moon

Charlie & The Great Glass Elevator

The story picks up where the previous book left off, with Charlie and family aboard the flying Great Glass Elevator. The Elevator accidentally goes into orbit, and Mr. Wonka docks them at the Space Hotel USA. Their interception of the hotel is mistaken by approaching astronauts and listeners on Earth (including the President of the United States) as an act of space piracy and they are variously accused of being enemy agents, spies and aliens. Shortly after their arrival, they discover that the hotel has been overrun by dangerous, shape-changing alien monsters known as The Vermicious Knids. The Knids cannot resist showing off and reveal themselves by using the five hotel elevators (with one Knid in each of them) and spell out the word "SCRAM", giving the group time to evacuate. Charlie suggests towing the Shuttle back to Earth, and in the process the Knids are incinerated in Earth's atmosphere. Mr. Wonka releases the Shuttle, and the Elevator crashes down through the roof of the chocolate factory.

Taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charli...Glass_Elevator
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Cara (30th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (31st October 2019), Frank V (30th October 2019)

10. Link to Post #46
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

A valid question...

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Real Engineering

Are Space Elevators Possible?

Published 18th July 2020

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021), Kryztian (13th January 2021)

12. Link to Post #47
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The space elevator was predicted back in 1895. In some form, it is definitely possible. Let's say for the ISS this would mean a significant reduction in the cost of maintenance. According to preliminary calculations, such an elevator would reduce the cost of shipping goods to $ 100 per kg.
    And this elevator is pretty easy to imagine for the layman. But what is the practical meaning of the space elevator to the Moon? How can this be explained in simple language?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TommyJ For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021), Bluegreen (13th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (13th January 2021)

14. Link to Post #48
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by TommyJ (here)
    The space elevator was predicted back in 1895. In some form, it is definitely possible. Let's say for the ISS this would mean a significant reduction in the cost of maintenance. According to preliminary calculations, such an elevator would reduce the cost of shipping goods to $ 100 per kg.
    And this elevator is pretty easy to imagine for the layman. But what is the practical meaning of the space elevator to the Moon? How can this be explained in simple language?
    Just thinking about the physics behind this I cannot imagine it is possible. The moon is 238,855 miles away from the earth. The Earth rotates and not always at the same velocity. There is a huge amount of space junk orbiting the earth and then we haven't even discussed meteorites.....
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)
    The moon is 238,855 miles away from the earth.
    And that varies by a lot! 238,855 miles is the mean ("average") distance. The maximum and minimum distances are 252,088 miles and 225,623 miles. (That's quite some vertical movement required for the top floor of any elevator)

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (13th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (13th January 2021), Yoda (13th January 2021)

18. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,169 times in 10,102 posts

The space elevator was predicted back in 1895.

The space elevator was also predicted back in 800 BC

https://newchristianbiblestudy.org/b...-james-version

Last edited by Bluegreen; 13th January 2021 at 23:03.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2021), TommyJ (16th January 2021)

20. Link to Post #51
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

There is a book I once read called The Integral Trees, by Larry Niven. Although it is not quite the same concept, it does illustrate the concept of Coriolis forces (lost my right click button on mouse, have to look up spelling in dictionary, pain in the butt). The trees were shaped like the Integral sign, which made them stand and face the direction of motion, these trees had no roots but were flying through a region between two, not planets but large masses, engulfed in giant floating bubbles of air. It was a book about Lagrange points, regions where gravity is cancelled by two or more competing bodies.

With a space elevator it is one of these Lagrangian points that must be reached for the elevator to have stability. There are many such points around the Earth. The elevator must reach that point and then extend an equal amount beyond that point. For the moon and Earth, this point is very close to the moon, as a guess I'd say about 208,000 miles away or about 50,000 miles from the surface of the moon. So for the elevator to have stability it would have to extend beyond the moon by 150,000 miles...I don't think the dynamics work because if an elevator was not of equal length from the Lagrangian point of earth/moon then there would be torsion forces to worry about and not just the weight of the elevator. Those would tear the thing to pieces in short order.

That is what happened to the trees in the book that somehow wandered too far from the Lagrangian point, anyway.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 13th January 2021 at 18:31.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (13th January 2021), TommyJ (16th January 2021)

22. Link to Post #52
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Just thinking about the physics behind this I cannot imagine it is possible. The moon is 238,855 miles away from the earth. The Earth rotates and not always at the same velocity. There is a huge amount of space junk orbiting the earth and then we haven't even discussed meteorites.....
    Yes, you are right that at the moment it seems impossible. Nevertheless, scientists have proposed a design from the orbit of the Earth to the orbit of the Moon. In fact, such a design is possible with the right material. Now they propose to use composite nanotubes for the construction of a cable. It is in the form of a cable connecting two orbits that scientists now imagine the space elevator.
    And yes, as you said - the two biggest problems with the material you need are strength and lightness.
    But it's still an idea that can lead scientists to something useful. That can be used for other purposes.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyJ For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2021)

24. Link to Post #53
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

Yes, you are right that at the moment it seems impossible. Nevertheless, scientists have proposed a design from the orbit of the Earth to the orbit of the Moon. In fact, such a design is possible with the right material. Now they propose to use composite nanotubes for the construction of a cable. It is in the form of a cable connecting two orbits that scientists now imagine the space elevator.
    And yes, as you said - the two biggest problems with the material you need are strength and lightness.
    But it's still an idea that can lead scientists to something useful. That can be used for other purposes.
    I would not rule out the possibility in the far distant future. There are many obstacles to overcome. The Chandler wobble, carrying enough oxygen to get a person or persons the entire distance, and the sheer distance, how fast would you be travelling? At apogee the moon is farther away so the elevator would have to stretch and shrink at perigee. That is just a few of the issues that I would foresee, and space junk or meteors or other ships travelling in the area.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2021), TommyJ (16th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3