Thread: Ideas for Handling Anxiety

1. Link to Post #1
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 311 posts

Default Ideas for Handling Anxiety

Hello. Don’t know where to write this post in alternative medicine so here it goes.
    Was just talking to my daughter and she was telling me she is feeling a little anxious lately.
    Some background ..... she lives alone in Austin and just changed jobs and her place of living. She works in her field of design management in a tech company , moved from a huge one to a smaller one more challenging for her and with better opportunities for growth. The headquarters are in Santa Barbara and she has to travel once a month there.

She was asking me if she should go to a regular doctor but is afraid they would medicate her. I told her she should do yoga or medidate or see a holistic ( correct word ? ) doctor.
    Then I remember this forum and I know I can get good advice for her here. What do you recommend for anxiety ? Are there vitamins that can help ? I do not know if she has ever meditate and yoga she does but not on a consistence basis.

Edit: spelling !
    Last edited by Rosemarie; 12th October 2019 at 18:32.
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), GMB1961 (13th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), gs_powered (22nd October 2019), Hervé (13th October 2019), Inaiá (14th October 2019), Ioneo (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Orph (12th October 2019), PlasmaVortex (13th June 2023), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sophocles (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), Tam (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019), Wind (12th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Default Re: Ideas for Handling Anxiety

Quote Posted by Rosemarie (here)
    Hello. Don’t know where to write this post in alternative medicine so here it goes.
    Was just talking to my daughter and she was telling me she is feeling a little anxious lately.
    Some background ..... she lives alone in Austin and just changed jobs and her place of living. She works in her field of design management in a tech company , moved from a huge one to a smaller one more challenging for her and with better opportunities for growth. The headquarters are in Santa Barbara and she has to travel once a month there.

She was asking me if she should go to a regular doctor but is afraid they would medicate her. I told her she should do yoga or medidate or see a holistic ( correct word ? ) doctor.
    Then I remember this forum and I know I can get good advice for her here. What do you recommend for anxiety ? Are there vitamins that can help ? I do know if she has ever meditate and yoga she does but not on a consistence basis.
    Hello Rosemarie,

This could be a good thread on its own.... Ideas for handling Anxiety.

I can put these two posts into a new thread if you like?

As a sometimes insomniac who has been prone to anxiety, some of the things that have worked for me are:
    - Magnesium supplement - I get really excellent results from this.
    - A short, 20 minute exercise every day. It can be walking, yoga, dancing, etc. Whatever it is that allows one to enjoy the activity.
    - Eating enough protein. I have found that too little protein can make me more anxious
    - Writing down whatever is in my mind. I do this on paper in a notebook. I do not worry about spelling, punctuation, or whether it makes any sense at all. Once it’s on the paper sometimes it’s helpful to do some kind of meaningful act (such as burning the paper) if it feels necessary.

I am sure other people have lots of ideas as well.
    Last edited by Cara; 12th October 2019 at 16:57.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sophocles (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), Tam (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

You already know to avoid prescription drugs--that's a plus.

Try to find a naturopathic Dr in your area or relatively close to your area.
    They treat with vitamins, diet advice etc.

Hope that helps.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Hi Rosemarie. My guess is I’ll only repeat what you already know. They say that any major change can be stressful. It’s incrementally greater when more are factored in like your daughter with job, job travel, new place to live, new people.

Knowledge is power rings empty when you are in the thick of it all. But at the same time, knowledge is the way out. Recognition of the stressors, and ways to reduce/manage the turmoil are key components. Inspirational reading helps me, along with Tai Chi, a moving meditation, gentle yoga stretches, journal writing, clean food and drink.

It’s helpful to remember to be kind to ourselves and have patience with our expectations. From the larger perspective, we’re all going through miraculous changes.

Stress management: Know your triggers - Mayo Clinic

Your response to the demands of the world determines your stress level. Take time to consider common stressors and how they affect you.

The kids are screaming, the bills are due and the pile of papers on your desk is growing at an alarming pace. It's undeniable — life is full of stress. Understanding the types and sources of stress — short term and long term, internal and external — is an important part of stress management. So what stresses you out?

Main types of stress

Stress is your body's reaction to the demands of the world. Stressors are events or conditions in your surroundings that may trigger stress. Your body responds to stressors differently depending on whether the stressor is new or short term — acute stress — or whether the stressor has been around for a longer time — chronic stress.

Acute stress

Also known as the fight-or-flight response, acute stress is your body's immediate reaction to a perceived threat, challenge or scare. The acute-stress response is immediate and intense, and in certain circumstances it can be thrilling. Examples of acute stressors include having a job interview or getting a speeding ticket.

A single episode of acute stress generally doesn't cause problems for healthy people. However, severe acute stress can cause mental health problems — such as post-traumatic stress disorder. It can also cause physical difficulties such as tension headaches, stomach problems or serious health issues — such as a heart attack.

Chronic stress

Mild acute stress can actually be beneficial — it can spur you into action, motivate and energize you. The problem occurs when stressors pile up and stick around. This persistent stress can lead to health problems, such as headaches and insomnia. The chronic-stress response is more subtle than is the acute-stress response, but the effects may be longer lasting and more problematic.
    Effective stress management involves identifying and managing both acute and chronic stress.

Know your stressors

Effective stress management starts with identifying your sources of stress and developing strategies to manage them. One way to do this is to make a list of the situations, concerns or challenges that trigger your stress response. Take a moment to write down some of the top issues you're facing right now. You'll notice that some of your stressors are events that happen to you while others seem to originate from within.

External exasperations

External stressors are events and situations that happen to you. Some examples of external stressors include:

Major life changes. These changes can be positive, such as a new marriage, a planned pregnancy, a promotion or a new house. Or they can be negative, such as the death of a loved one or a divorce.

Environment. The input from the world around us can be a source of stress. Consider how you react to sudden noises, such as a barking dog, or how you react to a bright sunlit room or a dark room.

Unpredictable events. Out of the blue, uninvited houseguests arrive. Or you discover your rent has gone up or that your pay has been cut.

Workplace. Common stressors at work include an impossible workload, endless emails, urgent deadlines and a demanding boss.

Social. Meeting new people can be stressful. Just think about going on a blind date, and you probably start to sweat. Relationships with family often spawn stress as well. Just think back to your last fight with your partner or child.

Strategies to manage external stressors include lifestyle factors such as eating a healthy diet, being physically active and getting enough sleep — which help boost your resiliency. Other helpful steps include asking for help from others, using humor, learning to be assertive, and practicing problem-solving and time management. Consider how you use your time and energy by focusing on activities that are important to you, paring down the number of activities you're involved in, and saying no to new commitments.

Internal irritations

Not all stress stems from things that happen to you. Much of our stress response is self-induced. Those feelings and thoughts that pop into your head and cause you unrest are known as internal stressors. Examples of internal stressors include:

Fears. Common ones include fear of failure, fear of public speaking and fear of flying.

Uncertainty and lack of control. Few people enjoy not knowing or not being able to control what might happen. Think about how you might react when waiting for the results of a medical test.

Beliefs. These might be attitudes, opinions or expectations. You may not even think about how your beliefs shape your experience, but these preset thoughts often set us up for stress. Consider the expectations you put on yourself to create a perfect holiday celebration or advance up the career ladder.

The good news is that we have the ability to control our thoughts. The bad news is that our fears, attitudes and expectations have been our companions for a long time and it often takes some effort to change them. Strategies to manage internal stressors include reframing your thoughts and choosing a positive mindset, challenging negative thoughts, using relaxation techniques, and talking with a trusted friend or counselor.

Take the first step

Recognizing a problem is the first step toward solving it. By beginning to identify and understand the sources of your stress, you've taken the first step in learning to better manage it. Manage it, not eliminate it. Stress is a fact of life. And that's OK. You can learn ways to handle it.

[links to further info]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 15th September 2022 at 13:34.

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), Inaiá (14th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sophocles (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), Tam (12th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019), Wind (12th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks

Thank you Cara and East Sun and Runningdeer ..... yes Cara , if you think it is appropriate for a new thread do it !
    Last edited by Rosemarie; 12th October 2019 at 17:28.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Quote Posted by Rosemarie (here)
    Thank you Cara and East Sun and Runningdeer ..... yes Cara , if you think it is appropriate for a new thread do it !
    Done! And here it is
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), Inaiá (14th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,533 times in 2,553 posts

I agree that magnesium is a first-line supplement to try.
    Also, b-complex vitamins may prove helpful.
    (these have helped some very anxious loved ones around me.)
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), Tam (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

Cal-Mag can definitely help: that's a simple calcium-magnesium compound that dissolves in water. She'll be able to find it in Austin easily, at Whole Foods or any other health food shop. (Online, too, everywhere.)

The ratio should be 5 parts of Calcium to 2 parts Magnesium. That's important. When it's dissolved into water, add a bit of apple cider vinegar and that makes it work even better.

The best I've found on sale in the US is this:
    But there may well be other brands I don't know about.

Other recommendations may be obvious: limit coffee (to help one to sleep well), and the same with alcohol, which folks with anxiety often turn to, but that NEVER helps in the long term.

SHE SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT GO TO A MAINSTREAM MEDIC.

16. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (12th October 2019), Ben (16th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mari (10th June 2023), Michi (13th October 2019), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sophocles (13th October 2019), Sue (Ayt) (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), Tam (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019), Yoda (14th October 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Rosemarie, I just logged on to see if I could find any information on Magnesium, as my blood work shows I am low. I had been feeling vague bouts of anxiety, in addition to muscle and bone aches that are just not normal for me. I work out at least five times a week and consider myself in pretty good shape physically and mentally. Plus, I have been tired.

I have been shocked to read today that due to poor soil quality and other factors, it is estimated that 70% of Americans are magnesium deficient.

It, along with Vitamin D3 and it's lack in North Americans is being called an epidemic and is causing all kinds of health problems.

I have found article after article that references this issue today.

It's an incredibly important mineral. I'm getting ready to go to the store to buy some. Please have your daughter read about it. It will only take a few moments. You too! I have a feeling it may help her and I am certain it's going to help me.

I should add that a deficiency in magnesium will interfere with the body's ability to absorb Vitamin D, which I am also low in.

Appropriate levels of both magesium and D, taken together, are crucial for keeping our biosystems working properly.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 12th October 2019 at 18:18.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

18. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), East Sun (12th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (12th October 2019), Sophocles (13th October 2019), Sue (Ayt) (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,533 times in 2,553 posts

I love to use magnesium oil liberally. It takes care of any night time leg cramping for me. It has also seemed to stop the scary bouts of afib that my sister was having and was hospitalized for twice.
    If you go to buy it pre-mixed, it is quite expensive, so my sisters and I all make out own now. (we use the magnesium chlolride flakes that we buy on amazon. One bag lasts a long time)
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), leavesoftrees (13th October 2019), Mari (10th June 2023), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks

I knew it. You are all the best. Reading everything you are saying and buying it for me too ! I sent her the link of this thread ..... maybe she will join us ! Thank you

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mari (10th June 2023), Mike (13th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,697 times in 20,824 posts

Lightbulb Re: Ideas for Handling Anxiety

• Having "Generalized Anxiety Disorder" (DSM5) ... Can you transform/heal it without using harmful/toxic Big Pharma Drugs?
    From my perspectives/insight, most Anxieties are like an internal war between how you are raised (programmed, fear based?) and how you know/feel/sense you should be (being real & authentic) ... But the "new you" is maybe (very) afraid for the consequences, acting accordingly. We tend to identify with the "story in (y)our head(s)" (mental construct) dominating & often limiting our lives on a daily basis.

What (amongst others) helped me and closest friends is this insight:

"You are NOT your thoughts, you only have them, they come and go ... You are always more than all thoughts you had, have and going to have about yourself and all other people had, have and going to have who you're "suppose to be" combined! You are always beyond all that! But most do not get that, and get trapped in labels!

There is always room that you can positively surprise yourself, nothing is "fixed" (myopic worldview) ... if you get addicted to: overthinking, overanalyzing, endless scenario-thinking, you mostly get trapped in a loop which leads to a downwards spiral of despair. Not letting go of all "stories in your head" (mental constructs) is having NO REST ... thus staying in a "Hyper Alert Mode" 24/7 ... and is a sign of complete distrust of your true-self which has boundless & endless creativity available to you if you do not let go of hugging own dramas non-stop. I can say this, because I have been there many times. This especially has a huge effect if you feel that "nobody" understands you or nobody can see the real you ... except a tiny few you may have lost due to breakup or death of a loved one(s). On top of that you (may) let yourself down too and that is the hardest part to admit that.

A good friend of mine told me this:

With everything you do, think (overthink), read, watch, experience etc. etc. ask yourself 3 simple base questions:

01. What does it do to me? (how do I feel).
    02. Where does it lead to? (What does it bring me?).
    03. Does it empower (help) me?

My response:

Most KNOW the answers of these simple questions but rather stay in the "poor me" mentality which mostly generates even more "poor me" reality! Am not claiming it is "simple" or "easy" ... but assuming only hardship is a mind-set that leads to all kinds of Anxiety attacks. Your "auto-suggestion" (self-hypnoses) is so strong, you assume the worst because of it. Not be able to break free of the conditioning connected to deep sorrows & pain you may never share to others. One of many reasons why people feel emotional isolated aka "not seen" not understood. But who is responsible NOT telling anybody in the first place? ... Ah the one that does not love her/himself enough to be seen who you really are! Genuine & authentic with all the flaws & mishaps. If you love yourself enough, you know you let yourself down ignoring the 3 questions.

DISCLAIMER: Everything I shared here is general speaking, not addressed to any individual. If you feel somehow you get very angry or upset about me being so "rude" or "blunt" or "not so nice" ... that means you got triggered for a reason!

We live in a world or system of mass injustices (multiple bad programmings/conditionings) on so many levels, it is obvious that everybody has to deal with that in his or her own way. But in my view, the basic principles will stay the same, even for people having multiple traumas (like me).

cheers,
    John Kuhles 🦜🦋🌳
    12 October 2019
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 3rd July 2023 at 14:26.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

24. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), East Sun (13th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), greybeard (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mari (10th June 2023), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019), what is a name? (16th October 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Mucuna is a herb use in Indian medicine and excellent
    https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/...-brain-health/

Does Mucuna pruriens Affect the Effects of Stress?

Ayurvedic tradition uses Mucuna pruriens to positively promote mental health and stress response. A study involving 120 men who suffered from psychological stress reported that supplementation with Mucuna significantly eased stress. [8] Researchers also concluded that Mucuna pruriens reactivates the antioxidant defense system, an essential biological mechanism necessary for maintaining homeostasis within the body.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (13th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Lots of good info above, I can attest to Magnesium and Mag/Chloride also.

Here is a different approach, using sound frequency, that some may find helpful.

Reading the YT comments is usually a waste of time but reading the comments with these can be informative. Many claim that the frequencies are beneficial to them. Also read the instructions by the creator of the videos, some videos can be listened to on Loop and others may be limited to listening only once or twice at a time.

Here is one for stress, anxiety and depression. I've found it helpful in the evenings on Loop to help with insomnia.

This one is for positive energy, can use on Loop but read the instructions. I've found it helpful.

There are many more by this creator and others which I have not tried. Happy exploring and listening

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
    ― Nikola Tesla
    Last edited by Franny; 12th October 2019 at 19:44.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (13th October 2019), Sue (Ayt) (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019), Victoria (12th October 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Victoria's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 277 posts

So much good advice! I would agree with everyone here and also add, in my experience, in addition to magnesium/calcium as a first and foremost (which can also be easily absorbed in the form of Floradix), enjoying chamomile tea and chamomile baths when time permits, emphasis on the B vitamins, eating lots of dark leafy greens with as many meals as possible, adding adrenal adaptogens to supplements (we are trying one called Himalaya Stresscare at the moment to counter the excessive number of computers and amount of bluelight we deal with daily(that I like to take with fresh slices of Turmeric in hot water with a little honey= very soothing and delicious :-) ) Brahmi aka Bacopa, avoid anything with MSG or other excitotoxins including caffeine- even if you feel you need a pick-me-up, because they can cause increased anxiety after the energy boost, and eat fermented foods like sauerkraut, or kimchi daily. The food based probiotics seem to have a balancing effect. Also, box breathing for a while in the AM and PM helps... inhale 8 counts, hold 8 counts, exhale 8 counts, hold 8 counts, repeat. Look for red or orange tinted lights for the house, instead of the super bright LEDs and fluorescents. ( Helps to sleep and recuperate from each day better.)

Also, if you have a spa nearby that provides deprivation float chambers to relax in and infrared treatments, these can help.
    Last edited by Victoria; 12th October 2019 at 19:38. Reason: oops wrong thing on my mind- not hyperbaric

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Victoria For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Forest Denizen (13th October 2019), Franny (12th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member bobme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 234 posts

Hi Rosemarie. I think, Or suspect, You are Loving your daughter, as much as I love my Son. I cannot answer, or pretend to know the worry the emotions you must be going though at this moment.

I see my son is in constance sadness.

But to reply to the thread, There are a few good doctors out there.

You must decide for yourself, what feels right for you, Yet you will not change your daughters mind.

It will be a challenge, to you and many others, and me also.

I wish I could hold everey bodys pain, so that i could understand every thing better.

Hope the best again, for yoy, and all

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bobme For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Cara (13th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (3rd July 2023), Franny (13th October 2019), Inaiá (14th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (13th October 2019), RunningDeer (13th October 2019), Sadieblue (13th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (13th October 2019), wondering (23rd October 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

I've had anxiety in the past. It manifested as a result of my other health problems. What kind of anxiety does she have? There are lots of kinds of anxiety and they need to be treated differently.

She could see a psychologist if there's a decent one in her area. I'm sure there is since Austin's a big city. They don't prescribe drugs. I did this once and it helped a lot. He encouraged me to step up my meditation, let me borrow a great book and gave me contact info for a biofeedback doc.
    Last edited by Strat; 13th October 2019 at 02:29.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2019), Cara (13th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (9th June 2023), Franny (13th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mike (13th October 2019), Rosemarie (13th October 2019), RunningDeer (13th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (13th October 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Sometimes something as simple as eating a fatty breakfast can help (eggs, bacon etc) according to Jordan Peterson. It's one of the first things he asks his patients who come in with anxiety-related issues ("do you eat breakfast and what do you eat?"). A great many of them get relief from this one simple thing.

There are so many things she can try - which is sort of a mixed blessing...because where does one start?

i'm from the school of whatever works. i'm mostly anti-pharma, but it's not something i'd ever rule out entirely. some people resist all attempts at "natural" approaches, and respond only to certain drugs. in which case i say, use them! why suffer needlessly? but i think it would be prudent to exhaust all natural approaches first. please keep us updated Rosemarie

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (13th October 2019), Cara (13th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (13th October 2019), Franny (13th October 2019), Inaiá (14th October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mari (10th June 2023), Rosemarie (13th October 2019), RunningDeer (13th October 2019), Strat (13th October 2019), toppy (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (13th October 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote In my opinion/insight most Anxieties are like an internal war between how you are raised (programmed, fear based?) and how you know/feel/sense you should be (being real & authentic) ... But the "new you" is maybe (very) afraid for the consequences acting accordingly. We tend to identify with the "story in (y)our head(s)" (mental construct) dominating & often limiting our lives on a daily bases.
    Going along the same lines, some good advice and practice about improving one's inner landscape can be extracted from the following:
    Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    This may help addressing some of the the issues:

The Lies Evil Spirits Tell Us - Swedenborg and Life (1:19:01)
    offTheLeftEye
    82.7K subscribers

Negativity, hatred, isolation, and confusion. How do these psychological spiders creep into our minds and spin webs of deceit? Click below on Show More for full description, free book downloads, and host bio. In this episode, host Curtis Childs guides us through 18th-century philosopher Emanuel Swedenborg’s spiritual insights to see if they can shine a light on the spiderwebs in our minds so we can avoid their traps.

Read a recap of this episode - http://www.swedenborg.com/lies-evil-s...
    and:
    Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    There is this older side of "harassment" as described by Emanuel Swedenborg (1688-1772) in the 1700s with exact match from modern times:

How to Deal With Evil Spirits - Swedenborg and Life
    offTheLeftEye 82.3K subscribers
    Streamed live on Apr 7, 2015

Are there negative spiritual influences at work in our lives? How do they operate, and what can we do about them? Join us as we discuss Swedenborg's accounts of his spiritual experiences and what he learned through them.

======================================

"Knowledge protects"

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Ben (16th October 2019), Bill Ryan (13th October 2019), Cara (13th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (13th October 2019), Franny (23rd October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Mari (10th June 2023), Rosemarie (13th October 2019), RunningDeer (13th October 2019), Valerie Villars (13th October 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

well, I recommend begin with a simple chamomile tea with mint

everybody fell anxious all their life, because it is a psycho-somatic reaction of expectation about something unknown.

Anyone can laugh at what I'm writing here, but the fact is - I use a deeply study on Phytotherapy to say It. If want to know more just ask.

the anxiety can be by Stirring of the Energies of the Liver or of the Heart, and there are two formulations to best suit the nature of each individual or problem.

the most active substances sources In commom of these two formulations we Found -- chamomile and mint -- the rest are types of spice, to improve metabolization, absorption, taste, etc, in favor to balance the liver or to the heart.

Careful note : can't use chamomile daily for long (more than 10-15 days), because the liver begins to create a toxin. Ideally, use one week yes and one week no.

but mint can eat, mix with food, drink hot or ice tea, without restrictions.

Anxiety cures only when one completely loses the Fear of the Unknown.
    (the awakes know this very well, and become serenes, not by chance)
    Last edited by RogeRio; 13th October 2019 at 14:59.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th September 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th June 2023), Franny (23rd October 2019), janette (15th September 2022), Rosemarie (13th October 2019), RunningDeer (13th October 2019), Strat (14th October 2019), Victoria (22nd October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast