Thread: Tulsi Gabbard

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: Tulsi Gabbard

Let's hope she will be convinced it's the right thing to do.
    She would be even better if she just devotes herself to whistleblowing, though there are certainly a lot of dangers inherent in taking that on.
    I think she has the fortitude.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Chester (17th March 2020), Delight (17th March 2020), Franny (19th March 2020), mountain_jim (17th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I just found this video....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Franny (19th March 2020), mountain_jim (17th March 2020), onawah (17th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I very much doubt that Tulsi's idea of the government giving every American $1000 per month to get through the corona virus crisis has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.
    Not because it wouldn't be just, in view of what the government IS spending on, but because it would highlight what little safety net there actually is for most people in a crisis.
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Delight (17th March 2020), Franny (19th March 2020), mountain_jim (17th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Maybe we need a major campaign to ask Tulsi Gabbard again to start the ProD(emocratic) Party

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Franny (19th March 2020), mountain_jim (17th March 2020), onawah (17th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

I see Tulsi Gabbard in a beautiful simple white dress with ruby and blue sapphire necklace. For once her hair is swept up in a chignon. She looks so at ease and full of joy. The swearing in progresses and then FINALLY President Gabbard.....

Last edited by Delight; 19th March 2020 at 04:16.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Franny (19th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Received this in my email today from Tulsi Gabbard, I have supported her campaign, as she is the only candidate that makes any sense to me, and receive emails and notifications. She had a phone call 'Townhall Meeting' yesterday on cv19 along with the Lt Governor of Hawaii covering many of the topics in the above video in post #82.

I want you to hear this from me first. I owe you an incredible debt of gratitude for all you’ve done as the heart and soul of our people-powered campaign: Today, I’ve made the decision to suspend my campaign for the presidency.

Here’s why:

Our nation is facing an unprecedented global crisis that highlights the inextricable bonds of humanity, and how foreign policy and domestic policy are inseparable. We are all in this together and we must all rise to meet this moment — in service to our country and our fellow man.

This is not the first time we have faced adversity together. And it will not be the last.

After the terrorist attack by al-Qaeda on our country on 9/11, we stood together as Americans, motivated to serve, marshaling our forces to defeat our common enemy. I and so many others enlisted in the military to do just that. Likewise today, as Americans and all of humanity, we face a common enemy. It is once again time, as Americans and as neighbors in this global community, that we stand together, and work hand in hand to defeat this new enemy — the coronavirus.

Throughout my life, and this campaign, my motivation has been to serve God, our country, and the American people as best I can. I feel that the best way I can be of service at this time is to continue to work for the health and wellbeing of the people of Hawaii and our country in Congress, and to stand ready to serve in uniform should the Hawaii National Guard be activated.

After Tuesday’s primary results, it is clear that Democratic Primary voters have chosen Vice President Joe Biden to be the person who will take on President Trump in the general election.

I know Vice President Biden and his wife and am grateful to have called his son Beau, who also served in the National Guard, a friend. Although I may not agree with the Vice President on every issue, I know that he has a good heart and is motivated by his love for our country and the American people. I'm confident that he will lead our country guided by the spirit of aloha — respect and compassion — and thus help heal the divisiveness that has been tearing our country apart.

Today, I’m suspending my presidential campaign, and offering my full support to Vice President Joe Biden in his quest to bring our country together.

I will continue to advocate for a 21st century foreign policy. One based on mutual respect and cooperation instead of confrontation, where we as a community of nations can work together to overcome the challenges that our people face — preventing and stopping pandemics like the coronavirus now affecting all of us, tackling climate change, combatting terrorism, and removing the existential threat of nuclear war which hangs over all our heads. I will continue to do everything I can to help bring an end to the new Cold War and nuclear arms race, and end regime change wars, which are costing us trillions of dollars, so we can invest these precious resources in the needs of the American people — health care, rebuilding our infrastructure, education, and so much more.

I want to extend my best wishes to my friends Senator Bernie Sanders, his wife Jane, Nina Turner and their many supporters for the work they’ve done. I have a great appreciation for Senator Sanders’ love for our country and the American people and his sincere desire to improve the lives of all Americans.

To the many people across our country who dedicated their time, energy, and resources to my campaign, working tirelessly to get our message out, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I look forward to speaking to you more in the coming days about why I made this decision, and how we can continue to work together for our common cause.

Thank you for standing with me. I will always have your back.

With warmest aloha,

Tulsi
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Baby Steps (19th March 2020), Gracy (20th March 2020), mountain_jim (20th March 2020), onawah (19th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (20th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    Received this in my email today from Tulsi Gabbard, I have supported her campaign, as she is the only candidate that makes any sense to me, and receive emails and notifications. She had a phone call 'Townhall Meeting' yesterday on cv19 along with the Lt Governor of Hawaii covering many of the topics in the above video in post #82.

I want you to hear this from me first. I owe you an incredible debt of gratitude for all you’ve done as the heart and soul of our people-powered campaign: Today, I’ve made the decision to suspend my campaign for the presidency.

Here’s why:

Our nation is facing an unprecedented global crisis that highlights the inextricable bonds of humanity, and how foreign policy and domestic policy are inseparable. We are all in this together and we must all rise to meet this moment — in service to our country and our fellow man.

This is not the first time we have faced adversity together. And it will not be the last.

After the terrorist attack by al-Qaeda on our country on 9/11, we stood together as Americans, motivated to serve, marshaling our forces to defeat our common enemy. I and so many others enlisted in the military to do just that. Likewise today, as Americans and all of humanity, we face a common enemy. It is once again time, as Americans and as neighbors in this global community, that we stand together, and work hand in hand to defeat this new enemy — the coronavirus.

Throughout my life, and this campaign, my motivation has been to serve God, our country, and the American people as best I can. I feel that the best way I can be of service at this time is to continue to work for the health and wellbeing of the people of Hawaii and our country in Congress, and to stand ready to serve in uniform should the Hawaii National Guard be activated.

After Tuesday’s primary results, it is clear that Democratic Primary voters have chosen Vice President Joe Biden to be the person who will take on President Trump in the general election.

I know Vice President Biden and his wife and am grateful to have called his son Beau, who also served in the National Guard, a friend. Although I may not agree with the Vice President on every issue, I know that he has a good heart and is motivated by his love for our country and the American people. I'm confident that he will lead our country guided by the spirit of aloha — respect and compassion — and thus help heal the divisiveness that has been tearing our country apart.

Today, I’m suspending my presidential campaign, and offering my full support to Vice President Joe Biden in his quest to bring our country together.

I will continue to advocate for a 21st century foreign policy. One based on mutual respect and cooperation instead of confrontation, where we as a community of nations can work together to overcome the challenges that our people face — preventing and stopping pandemics like the coronavirus now affecting all of us, tackling climate change, combatting terrorism, and removing the existential threat of nuclear war which hangs over all our heads. I will continue to do everything I can to help bring an end to the new Cold War and nuclear arms race, and end regime change wars, which are costing us trillions of dollars, so we can invest these precious resources in the needs of the American people — health care, rebuilding our infrastructure, education, and so much more.

I want to extend my best wishes to my friends Senator Bernie Sanders, his wife Jane, Nina Turner and their many supporters for the work they’ve done. I have a great appreciation for Senator Sanders’ love for our country and the American people and his sincere desire to improve the lives of all Americans.

To the many people across our country who dedicated their time, energy, and resources to my campaign, working tirelessly to get our message out, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I look forward to speaking to you more in the coming days about why I made this decision, and how we can continue to work together for our common cause.

Thank you for standing with me. I will always have your back.

With warmest aloha,

Tulsi
    This breaks my heart but good on her and she will be less stressed surely.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Franny (19th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 times in 441 posts

Biden is no better or worse than Trump. Shame she's endorsing any of those idiots. Oh well, she is a politician after all.
    Last edited by Andre; 20th March 2020 at 06:36.
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Andre For This Post:

PurpleLama (20th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Although I may not agree with the Vice President on every issue, I know that he has a good heart and is motivated by his love for our country and the American people. I'm confident that he will lead our country guided by the spirit of aloha — respect and compassion —
    In the end, she played the typical D.C. kiss ass game. Bluch…

Very disappointing. She always said she would support the eventual nominee, and I get that that's fine, but she didn't have to take it that far. She has to darn well know what she said there is patently untrue, she may as well be saying it about her good friend Hillary Clinton to paraphrase Bernie ha ha.

18. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,204 times in 437 posts

How if she was offered a Vice President position if she endorsed Biden?
    This would seem to me at least a bit logical from her - even though still not really honourable...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bojancan For This Post:

Franny (20th March 2020)

20. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Andre (here)
    Biden is no better or worse than Trump. Shame she's endorsing any of those idiots. Oh well, she is a politician after all.
    I think she may be being deployed to the National Gaurd....

21. Link to Post #92
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,645 times in 8,594 posts

https://twitter.com/MaryMargOlohan/s...492358147?s=20

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st August 2020), edina (21st August 2020), Gracy (21st August 2020), Kryztian (21st August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (21st August 2020)

23. Link to Post #93
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)

I think the democratic establishment would like people to forget that Tulsi Gabbard even exists, surely Kamala does.

24. Link to Post #94
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,530 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)

I think the democratic establishment would like people to forget that Tulsi Gabbard even exists, surely Kamala does.
    Yes. That's pretty amazing, and says a very great deal. She's just not one of 'them'. (And kudos to her, too. She's an intelligent, thinking, independent woman who I have a lot of respect for.)

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Eva2 (21st August 2020), fifi (21st August 2020), Gracy (21st August 2020), justntime2learn (28th November 2020), Kryztian (21st August 2020), Maunagarjana (21st August 2020), mountain_jim (21st August 2020), Nasu (1st March 2022), Sarah Rainsong (21st August 2020), Sirus (21st August 2020), Stardad (21st August 2020), Yoda (21st August 2020)

26. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,645 times in 8,594 posts

Quote Yes. That's pretty amazing, and says a very great deal. She's just not one of 'them'. (And kudos to her, too. She's an intelligent, thinking, independent woman who I have a lot of respect for.)
    I agree - this is the kind of leader I could support in the future - but the current Democratic Party national leadership would need a major cleansing for me to get that opportunity within that party.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st August 2020), Eva2 (21st August 2020), Gracy (21st August 2020), justntime2learn (28th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (21st August 2020), Stardad (21st August 2020)

28. Link to Post #96
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Tulsi Gabbard Urges Donald Trump to Pardon Edward Snowden and Julian Assange

Representative Tulsi Gabbard has called on President Donald Trump to pardon National Security Agency (NSA) whistleblower Edward Snowden and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange before he's set to leave office on January 20, 2021.

The Hawaii Democrat took to Twitter to highlight her own video message from October 6 and suggested that Trump use his presidential pardon power to grant clemency to the men, both of whom have been charged under the Espionage Act of 1917.

The president's recent pardon of former national security adviser and retired Lt. General Michael Flynn appears to have prompted Gabbard's comments. Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI in 2017 but later sought to withdraw that plea.

Article continues here.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2021), bojancan (28th November 2020), Constance (28th November 2020), Harmony (28th November 2020), justntime2learn (28th November 2020), Mike (28th November 2020), T Smith (28th November 2020)

30. Link to Post #97
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Deep State Isn’t a Partisan Issue
    Guests: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and Rep. Thomas Massie
    Ep 102
    18,685 views•Premiered Dec 30, 2020
    Free the People
    20.9K subscribers

"Matt Kibbe is joined by Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) and Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) to discuss their bipartisan bill to repeal the Patriot Act and enact major reforms to protect Americans’ privacy rights. The legislators from both parties recognize the need to safeguard against intelligence agencies that operate in secret without respect for the Fourth Amendment and other important constitutional protections that stand between us and tyranny."

Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2021), DeDukshyn (4th January 2021), wondering (4th January 2021)

32. Link to Post #98
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    The Deep State Isn’t a Partisan Issue
    Guests: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and Rep. Thomas Massie
    Ep 102
    18,685 views•Premiered Dec 30, 2020
    Free the People
    20.9K subscribers

"Matt Kibbe is joined by Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) and Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) to discuss their bipartisan bill to repeal the Patriot Act and enact major reforms to protect Americans’ privacy rights. The legislators from both parties recognize the need to safeguard against intelligence agencies that operate in secret without respect for the Fourth Amendment and other important constitutional protections that stand between us and tyranny."

This was excellent, I wish it had been longer. A shame she is quitting politics, but perhaps she can be even potent outside of politics -- I hope she continues her battle.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2021), ClearWater (4th January 2021), Harmony (27th January 2021), onawah (4th January 2021)

34. Link to Post #99
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Tulsi Gabbard: Democrats are trying to turn America into a 'police state'

Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard discusses her viral video claiming that the United States and Democrat party are moving toward a police state. Don't know which video of hers is being referred to.

For her "Talk Story with Tulsi Gabbard" website go here:
    https://tulsi.locals.com

Talk story is Hawai'i speak for, let's get together and talk
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), DeDukshyn (27th January 2021), Harmony (27th January 2021), justntime2learn (27th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (27th January 2021), Kryztian (27th January 2021), PurpleLama (27th January 2021)

36. Link to Post #100
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    Tulsi Gabbard: Democrats are trying to turn America into a 'police state'

Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard discusses her viral video claiming that the United States and Democrat party are moving toward a police state. Don't know which video of hers is being referred to.
    Probably this:

When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2021), ClearWater (27th January 2021), Franny (27th January 2021), justntime2learn (27th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (27th January 2021), Kryztian (27th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 5 13 LastLast