ingredients:
    For dough:
    Flour approx. 1 kilogram
    Fresh yeast 50 grams
    Salt a teaspoon
    A teaspoon of sugar
    Fat margarine approx. 100 grams
    An egg and a yolk and 300 milliliters of milk
    Depending on the size of the pan, the ingredients are enough for 4 pizzas.

In a bowl mix yeast with sugar and milk, then add flour, eggs, fat and knead well until the dough acquires a kind of elasticity;spread the dough in any kind of baking tray of a thickness of at least 1 cm, greased the baking pan before with a little fat so that the dough does not stick to the tray.

Over dough I poured a tablespoon of tomato sauce and spread it, I added salt, pepper,olives, dried smoked sausage, salami, ham, boiled eggs and mushrooms, tomato, cut into slices and grated cheese and oregano.In the first picture from the second row I added extra salami and cheese

Over time I also made pizza with peppers or different vegetables, fish, etc. all pizza is called and made relatively quickly.You can try to add and add whatever you like on the pizza dough, even salad and corn ... with all the tasty cheese it becomes good.

I try soups, pizza and something easy before Christmas table very rich in tasty fats on Wednesdays so I did this today, I hope you like it.

I put the link below just for fun because it made me smile ...
    And all this to be just human.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2020), cannawizard (29th January 2020), Cara (31st January 2020), DeDukshyn (28th January 2020), Did You See Them (29th January 2020), EFO (21st December 2019), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (21st December 2019), Krist (28th December 2019), Strat (21st December 2019), Victoria (23rd December 2019), wondering (22nd December 2019)

3. Link to Post #82
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Default Re: What’s Cooking?

Grocery store had that pea protein based "meatless meat" on sale the other day - buy one get two free (like "Beyond" meat but this brand: https://lightlife.com/). So I picked up six packs of it for the freezer. Couldn't pass up that deal.

Anyway, I've got two packs of it thawing now for some vegetarian chili I'm going to make today. I generally don't follow any recipes but for this I was thinking something like:

fake ground meat (made from pea protien)
    bell peppers - varietal
    jalapeno pepper
    maybe a third type of pepper with some actual heat ... habenaro? scotch bonnet?
    onions
    garlic
    celery
    canned tomatoes with chilis
    shredded carrot
    zucchini
    "instantized" (Parboiled) Canadian (or American) wild rice
    kidney beans
    black beans
    sweet corn
    bit of black coffee and beer (guiness for roastiness, lager for lighter flavours)

roasted coriander seed
    roasted cumin
    freeze dried oregano
    smoked paprika
    sweet Hungarian paprika
    dried ancho (poblano) chili powder
    sugar, salt and pepper

a dash each of liquid smoke and garam masala.

lime wedge, sour cream and coriander leaves or chives to garnish.

Instructions:
    Just cook like you would any other chili (fry some of the vegetables good in a bunch of oil first, until browning, add some flour to the oil/vegs if you want for thickening).

Use whatever amounts seem good to you. Add the beans and corn and some of the vegetables closer to the end of the cooking time so they stay firm.

I normally prefer "authentic" style chilis with no beans or just a bit of black beans, but the beans fit well with a vegetarian theme here.

I prefer my chilis quite "peppery" and I go light on the tomatoes to let the peppers' natural flavours come through - hence also the variety of pepper flavours here (fresh and dried).

I like zucchini in my veggie chilis - adds some unique textures.

The "instantized" wild rice seems a bit odd here, but if you crush the "bloomed" dried rice a bit it breaks apart a bit. When you cook it you get these little amazing meaty texture nuggets that have a hint of roasted nuttiness. A bit of a pricey ingredient, but you don't need much and the texture and flavour it adds really boosts up a veggie chili.

Black coffee and beer might seem weird, but it adds a "roastiness" - like its been cooked for a long time over an open fire. Beer adds some extra bitterness from the hops for added flavour (note that beer may not be "purely" vegetarian).

The garam masala blend has some clove and cinnamon - I'm mainly just after these two aromatics; (I think it also has coriander seed, cardomom and nutmeg). Too much will render your chili like an "east Indian" version, so just a dash.

Lots of dried powdered peppers as well for great peppery goodness!
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 28th January 2020 at 18:20.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2020), cannawizard (29th January 2020), Cara (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (29th January 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (1st February 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), Krist (29th January 2020), Le Chat (4th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    Philippines Avalon Member cannawizard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

great thread

(don't mind me, just posting my current fav~)

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cannawizard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2020), Cara (31st January 2020), DeDukshyn (29th January 2020), Did You See Them (29th January 2020), EFO (29th January 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), Krist (29th January 2020), Strat (29th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,875 times in 1,034 posts

I Like my Indian curries - BIR style (British Indian Restaurant).

Last week I had a go at making Panir/Paneer - Indian curd cheese for the first time. My God - so easy - 30 mins start to finish !

I've made other cheeses in the past but this Indian staple was so simple.

Bring just to the boil 4 pints Full Fat milk ( not skimmed or semi skinned )
    Take off heat.
    Stir in 2 Table spoons of Lemon juice and stir for a minute or two as the curds and whey separate.
    After 5 mins strain the curds from the whey through cloth - squeeze out excess and flaten into a block with a heavy saucepan on top filled with water for weight.
    Pop in fridge whilst it cools.
    30 mins later cut into cubes and use.

I fry the "lego" sized cubes in oil, turning until all side are browned and then add to the curry sauce ( If anyone wants to know how to make authentic BIR curry base just ask or google.

A simple dish of of Onion Bhaji's, Veg Pilau Rice, and a Paneer Curry.
    I love my meat but Indian curries are a perfect way to make veg your main - Full of flavour.

Last edited by Did You See Them; 29th January 2020 at 10:03.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Anka (29th January 2020), Bill Ryan (4th August 2020), Cara (31st January 2020), Craig (29th January 2020), DeDukshyn (29th January 2020), EFO (29th January 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (1st February 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), Krist (29th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th January 2020), wondering (6th August 2020)

9. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

I got some kohlrabi last week from the local farmers co-op and made this super easy kohlrabi frittata. Bonus points for me, cause it's hearty enough for the whole family but vegetarian! By using the bulbs & the greens, I really didn't need to add anything extra for flavor. But of course, you could!

2 bunches of kohlrabi (I guess maybe six medium-sized kohlrabi) - peel and coarsely cut the bulb into matchsticks (not too small), coarsely chop up the greens

In a blender, add:
    • 1 dozen eggs
    • ~a cup of cheese (I used cheddar--I didn't measure, just grated it and put two handfuls in the blender)
    • ~1/4 cup of half and half (again, I didn't measure)
    • ~1 tsp salt
    • ~1/4 tsp black pepper
    Blend those together.

Fry your kohlrabi in olive oil just until tender. Pour in the egg mixture. Cook for just about a minute or so, just to get it started, then pop it in the oven at 425 F for about 15 minutes.

I served w/ Greek yogurt & a side of some shredded beef roast, cause some of my crew think they can't live w/o meat for supper.

ETA: I used a 12" well-seasoned, cast iron pan for this. It was enough for 8 people, 5 of which are adult-sized, with left-overs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200118_171749656 - Edited.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	42395

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200118_175217310 - Edited.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	42394
    Last edited by Sarah Rainsong; 30th January 2020 at 14:23.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Anka (31st January 2020), Bill Ryan (4th August 2020), Cara (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (30th January 2020), EFO (30th January 2020), Eva2 (4th August 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (1st February 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), wondering (6th August 2020)

11. Link to Post #86
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,442 times in 1,007 posts

I cook very traditionally, in the native way of history and folklore that I respect through taste and emotion.
    But I often make chocolate to spread on toast.

The recipe differs all the time, depending on the ingredients used such as (how much fat the butter has, how good the powdered milk is or how tasty the cocoa is), but mostly I use butter, cocoa, sugar and powdered milk and a pinch of salt to accentuate the sugar , if the butter is homemade, the sugar is brown and the milk powder without additives, then it is even better. He goes for coffee in the morning.I never weigh the ingredients, but I know the measure by eye.

Edible art is not when you find the perfect patience to leave the fork down, after each sip, it is when by tasting the "experience of a plate" you can tastefully realize what the artist meant by image and presence.

THIS ISN'T FOOD, THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE ART(6:59)

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Agape (4th August 2020), Bill Ryan (4th August 2020), EFO (4th August 2020), Eva2 (4th August 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,562 times in 32,726 posts

The fun part is that it always turns out different each time.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (4th August 2020), Anka (4th August 2020), EFO (4th August 2020), Eva2 (4th August 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), Wind (13th August 2020), wondering (6th August 2020), Yoda (4th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Of course turns out different each time...we cooking our meal,not processing

What are the ingredients for your bread (excepting water,salt,yeast and flour)?On top are poppy seeds sprinkled?
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (4th August 2020), Bill Ryan (4th August 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), wondering (6th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,562 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by EFO (here)

Of course turns out different each time...we cooking our meal,not processing :

What are the ingredients for your bread (excepting water,salt,yeast and flour)?On top are poppy seeds sprinkled?
    Chia seeds on top, wholemeal flour, chia and flax seeds in the mix, and also some ground and whole oats. For the yeast mix, I use honey, not sugar.

But it's a very random process! I never measure or weigh anything. It's far more like alchemy than cooking.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (4th August 2020), EFO (4th August 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (4th August 2020), Suzi E (12th August 2020), Yoda (4th August 2020)

19. Link to Post #90
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EFO (here)

Of course turns out different each time...we cooking our meal,not processing :

Chia seeds on top, wholemeal flour, chia and flax seeds in the mix, and also some ground and whole oats. For the yeast mix, I use honey, not sugar.

But it's a very random process! I never measure or weigh anything. It's far more like alchemy than cooking.
    Sound tasty and looks interesting!Thank you!
    I didn't knew that honey is activating the yeast I'll give it a try

Romanians have a saying for achieving a fluffy and tasty bread:"You have to knead the dough until the roof beam is sweating."
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (4th August 2020), Bill Ryan (5th August 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (6th August 2020)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

On the beauty of raindrop mochi cakes ..

Homemade vegetable aspics in agar are also rather easy to make and don’t require long time cooking.

😆

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Anka (4th August 2020), Bill Ryan (5th August 2020), EFO (4th August 2020), Eva2 (4th August 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (6th August 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Mike (6th August 2020), Wind (13th August 2020), wondering (6th August 2020)

23. Link to Post #92
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

I did a few days ago rolls with beef meat, in grape vine leaves.Grape leaves are loaded with calcium and magnesium, a wonderful source of antioxidants, substantial share of omega-3 and they are also good for tea.

Add beef and chopped onion, rice, spices you want (I put paprika powder, black pepper, fenugreek) bay leaf, tomato broth and thyme.
    It is a food that cooks slowly, until the vine leaves are cut with a fork.
    Add hot polenta and very cold cream.
    The rolls can be filled only with chopped mushrooms with onions and carrots and rice of your choice.

Today I made pancakes, filled with apples, sugar and cinnamon, they are good warm, but because it's summer they are better cold. Also, in summer you can fill the pancakes with ice cream according to your preferences and natural syrup of your choice together with whipped cream and fruits.

Mark Wiens: "Food is one of the absolute most rewarding things to travel for, and when I travel, I base most of my experiences and discoveries on local cuisine. I enjoy history and natural scenery."

Traditional pork cooking (a breed of pork that does not make us fat), that's why fat is promoted as a way of healing for stomach ailments, and pork tastes like turkey but more juicy.

There is a lot of fat and meat content in the video,
    so it's mostly for meat eaters, but it's fun to see a guy eating cucumbers with tomatoes with coffee for breakfast, and also the video, at least for me, gives me a feeling of comfort for the experience of ancient medieval food.
    Mark Wiens' travels for food are spectacular, as a way to see the splendor of such wonderful diversity in this world, especially since we all have to eat !!"Palinca" is very strong like a homemade plum drink and Mark seems to resist well, because he has to drink a little after every bite of food.
    Good appetite!

Insane Food in Romania - GIGANTIC MEDIEVAL BBQ + Mangalica Hairy Pig!(30:55)

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th August 2020), EFO (5th August 2020), Forest Denizen (5th August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (6th August 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Mike (6th August 2020), Suzi E (12th August 2020)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,750 times in 2,555 posts

Creative baker, although I'm not sure I'd want to eat most of these.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Anka (12th August 2020), Bill Ryan (6th August 2020), Did You See Them (6th August 2020), EFO (6th August 2020), Forest Denizen (23rd August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (6th August 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Mike (6th August 2020), Wind (13th August 2020)

27. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,058 times in 10,080 posts

For those who have wondered: How do they cook crawfish on the bayou?

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Anka (12th August 2020), Bill Ryan (8th August 2020), EFO (9th August 2020), Forest Denizen (23rd August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Harmony (12th August 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th August 2020)

29. Link to Post #95
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

I made pear compote preserved in jars.
    I usually add cinnamon, mint, vanilla, lemon and sugar.
    The fruits, in order to keep their color and not to oxidize, are previously put in water with vitamin C powder. Do not boil the fruit too hard (only half) so as not to lose its fiber.

If you have fruits that you no longer want to eat, you can preserve them for the winter, or if you have a garden with fruit trees, you can make decorative jars of fruit compote as a gift form for friends.

For any compote, place the fruit in jars, add water (so you can see how much water is needed, however the fruit also emits water), pour the jars with water together with the fruit in a saucepan over low heat, along with water with vitamin C or lemon salt, add the ingredients and boil a little, place in jars and wrap the jars with a blanket for 24 hours for continuous preservation.
    In winter, the compote can be eaten hot or cold, it is also possible to mix fruits according to the specifics of the fibers.

Being the season for picking vegetables in the garden, I picked some eggplant and made eggplant salad.
    Bake the eggplant (on the grill for the smoke flavor), grind, add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, onion or garlic (or ginger) and sour cream, chopped greens to taste and maybe just a drop of squeezed lemon.
    It goes perfectly with garden tomatoes, smoked ham, bread you want and a lot of appetite. Sometimes it goes well with hot tea.
    Success in the kitchen. It is worth trying to cook diversified, the taste builds the pleasure of the effort, the effort completes the pleasure of becoming "plate" artists for a day Good health to all!

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Alecs (12th August 2020), Bill Ryan (13th August 2020), EFO (12th August 2020), Forest Denizen (14th August 2020), Franny (12th August 2020), Harmony (12th August 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th August 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (14th August 2020), Wind (13th August 2020)

31. Link to Post #96
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Today I made vegetable stew with rice put in jars, preserved for the winter.

Gather all possible vegetables from the garden with fiber suitable for preservation (carrots, parsnips, eggplant, peppers, green beans, onions, leeks, zucchini) and chop finely. It is good not to use a chopper, because the energy of our hands when cooking is more important (it's just a theory, but you can feel the difference in taste).

In a hot pan with sunflower oil, first add the onion and leek, then the chopped peppers and grated carrots (depending on the strength of the fiber that needs more cooking), finely chopped beans, and finally , after the first vegetables are half cooked, add the finely chopped eggplant and zucchini, leave for a few more minutes and add the spices (garlic, basil, thyme, bay leaf, black pepper and salt) and the tomato broth, mix everything and let it boil for 10 minutes (depending on the quantity).

Wash the rice separately in clean water and boil until it "blooms".
    Add the rice over the vegetables with broth, mix even more slightly, stirring constantly. Before that, prepare the jars with a metal plate under them so as not to "crack" in the heat of the contents poured into them.
    Put the stew in jars, tighten the lid very well, and put the jars upside down for a safe vacuum, in a box with a blanket (to keep the heat still for continuous preservation for another 24 hours)
    The stewed winter goes like a garnish to almost anything, but the fish is the star.

I made pumpkin( squash) food ... there is no translation for the "name"... (directly from my language to English, "Google Translate" translates to me: "I broke the duckling" .. it's really fun but ... the recipe is really tasty.

Cut the zucchini into slices and sprinkle salt on them to soften, 3 minutes. Separately, in a bowl break two eggs, add a little yogurt (mine is homemade keffir with mushrooms) and add flour until it is a suitable soft paste.

The first time the zucchini passes through the flour and then through that paste and is slowly thrown into the hot oil bath. Make a garlic mayonnaise with yogurt and a tomato salad with mint and part of the lunch is ready to be served.I also made Schnitzel next to zucchini, and a mushroom soup, with rice pudding with sour cherry creams as dessert. Good appetite!

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2020), Eva2 (14th August 2020), Forest Denizen (14th August 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th August 2020), Wind (13th August 2020)

33. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by Anka (here)
    I made pumpkin( squash) food ... there is no translation for the "name"... (directly from my language to English, "Google Translate" translates to me: "I broke the duckling" .. it's really fun but ... the recipe is really tasty.

Cut the zucchini into slices and sprinkle salt on them to soften, 3 minutes. Separately, in a bowl break two eggs, add a little yogurt (mine is homemade keffir with mushrooms) and add flour until it is a suitable soft paste.

The first time the zucchini passes through the flour and then through that paste and is slowly thrown into the hot oil bath. Make a garlic mayonnaise with yogurt and a tomato salad with mint and part of the lunch is ready to be served.I also made Schnitzel next to zucchini, and a mushroom soup, with rice pudding with sour cherry creams as dessert. Good appetite!
    "I broke the duckling" That's great! What you describe looks extremely similar to what's simply called "fried zucchini" or fried squash. The batter you describe is different, but otherwise its pretty similar to the many things we southerners love to batter and deep fry!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Anka (14th August 2020), Bill Ryan (13th August 2020), EFO (13th August 2020), Forest Denizen (14th August 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020)

35. Link to Post #98
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

For the winter, I preserved green tomatoes in brine, plum compote (water, sugar and cloves) and plum jam (with cinnamon). As the fruits ripen well, I will pick them and preserve them.

I made a vanilla and caramel cake.

Top: 10 eggs, 100 grams of flour, baking powder and 1 tablespoon of sugar for each egg, mixed until fluffy.
    Cream: 6 yolks cooked on a steam bath with milk, butter, vanilla and pudding.
    Caramel: White sugar melted over low heat.
    Syrup: Water, vanilla, lemon peel and rum.

From the remaining caramel I made some lollipops

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd August 2020), EFO (23rd August 2020), Forest Denizen (23rd August 2020), Harmony (23rd August 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Wind (6th September 2020)

37. Link to Post #99
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cara (here)
    I’m sure there are many talented cooks, creative bakers, master grillers (is that a word?) on the forum.
    CHEF KOBE MAKES A DIY PIZZA!(0:59)

Dumpling dough:

Boil as many potatoes as you can find, crush them and add flour and an egg until it becomes a dough. Put pieces of fruit inside and boil in boiling water, fry breadcrumbs with sugar in a pan and add on top.

Simple milkshakes, made of bananas, melons or raspberries, go by.

They can also be fried with mushrooms and cheese inside, with extra cheese on top.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th September 2020), EFO (5th September 2020), Forest Denizen (5th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020), Wind (6th September 2020)

39. Link to Post #100
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Sausages and smoking season has begun!
    Cabanos sausages
    Name:  carnati.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  44.1 KB
    Ingredients:
    -7 kg of grinded pork meat;
    -20 meters of thin sheep intestine;
    -150 gr. of mashed garlic;
    -salt,grinded black pepper and dry red hot pepper powder,all by your taste.

Mix all well and from time to time ad some cold water.
    Form the sausages.
    Let them dry in a covered,aired and cool place.

Hang them in the smoking room or box or barrel and start the smoking them with some dry corn plant (for a hot texture of sausages) and beech sawdust for about 6 hours.Let them one day in a covered,aired and cool place.Second day start the second smoking with beech sawdust and plum sawdust (plum is for color and a specific taste).

If you are not longing you can let them dry for at least one month and they will became thin as a pencil,hard and unbelievable tasty.

Hint for any kind of sausages:always dissolve the salt in water and pour it gradually in the mixture and taste it every time until you like.

If you have real beer made from hops and fermented and not that one made from water,dyes and tablets,you can add it to the mixture.It will give them a better taste and a fluffy texture.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (25th September 2020), Bill Ryan (25th September 2020), justntime2learn (24th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (24th September 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast