Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 6 9 LastLast

Thread: What’s Cooking?

1. Link to Post #101
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,442 times in 1,007 posts

Default Re: What’s Cooking?

I really think that we have to manage ourselves with everything that needs to be gathered for the "house", and the full pantry is one of the realities that will definitely follow in our future.
    We may eventually have to process and preserve our own food in order for us to eat naturally and healthily.

It's all about trying, there may not be time or conditions to maintain a small garden, there may not even be time to buy vegetables or anything, and preserve them, but we must have little time for our health and especially for the health of our children.

Me too, but I also have friends that can make burgers, pizza, hot dogs, crispy poultry wings at home, and we can make them almost taste like fast food, but healthy. I can give thousands of examples of "restaurant kitchen secrets" ... mostly by that's why I left the field somewhat and I advise people to cook at home on their own. From the cook, I chose to be a dishwasher for 4 months seasonal, so at least I didn't feed people anymore, but on the contrary, fun to cleaned up after them.

You can preserve anything in the field of vegetables, but also meat, anyone can make pate, sausages, salami, ham, all just canned and without additives.
    I saw rice pudding in stores, and for me it was somewhat outrageous, the product having an extremely long shelf life.
    Is simple
    - A cup of rice to three of milk and sugar to taste, cooked very slowly over low heat. I added vanilla and lemon peel.
    I am a person who did not know how to cook in his youth. My husband told me, at the beginning, when we met: "Please, if you still go to the market, buy some celery ..." and I didn't know at all what it looked like and I had to ask people in the market
    Also in my first rice pudding, my husband said:" oh and please add a little lemon" (he didn't say peel) and I squeezed the juice from a whole lemon into the whole pudding, becoming extremely sour... I'm here to admit that I learned to cook close to my husband's grandmother's recipes and I feel blessed for that, especially because my husband endured all "my food" for 1-2 years saying "it's good" until I managed to do the right thing

We are supposed to learn the good things easily, I just hope for better health for all people, and cooking is very important in that. But we all already know that.

In the rice pudding, when it is a little colder, I add yolks for yellow color and rich taste, and from the egg whites I make a "mousse": I add 4 tablespoons of sugar for each egg white and I mix them, and at the end I add fruit ( I put raspberries in mine) and then it is placed on top of the rice pudding, served cold, it is a pretty quick and good dessert.

Spinach with eggs and sausages. Fresh minced meat for sausages, we find it at almost $ 2 per kg (still not having the European currency, in our country).

I preserved many jams, from several fruits that I gathered from the garden and from the nearby forest (blackberries and rosehips will follow next month when they are very ripe ) and I put them in the freezer to collect a larger quantity and preserve them only once. .
    I also made many compotes, but I made jam from raspberries, strawberries, peaches, currants, quinces and more. Even melon can be made into jam.
    In winter you can make orange or/with clemmetine jam, I will make it this winter.

When I worked in restaurants, I gathered all the containers opened and used by me, and I brought them home. So I don't need to buy bottles or jars for preservation.That's how I gathered many bottles of rum or liqueur, because I syruped the cake dough with them.

We made peach and apple nectar and we are trying this week for the first time, to make bottled carrot juice, it should be good, because carrots are very sweet (and they often sweeten my food too much).
    I made sweet grape juice, just squeezed grape juice, add a third of water to the quantity obtained (to partially evaporate when boiled) and sugar to taste, boiled (not too much, just until the foam decreases) and bottled in airtight bottles .The juices are very good in the cold winter with sweet cheesecake.

Peppers stuffed with salted cabbage and peppercorns, placed in a jar to which are added bay leaves and horseradish roots, then pour salt water over.
    Red bell peppers, or mushrooms cut into quarters or slices, cooked for 5 minutes (so as not to soften) in a tall pan with a vinegar sauce (to 2 liters of water add sugar and salt to taste, and maybe 0.5 liters vinegar, but depends on the strength of the vinegar)

I wish you all good health on your plate!
    And all this to be just human.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), EFO (26th September 2020), Elainie (27th September 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Harmony (26th September 2020), Lunesoleil (9th November 2020), palehorse (27th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th September 2020), Strat (26th September 2020), Trisher (12th November 2020), Wind (26th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

EFO and Anka I really enjoy yall's posts a lot and I have a question: What is a through and through traditional Romanian dish?
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (11th October 2020), Bill Ryan (26th September 2020), Bluegreen (27th September 2020), EFO (27th September 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Harmony (27th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th September 2020), Wind (27th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #103
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    EFO and Anka I really enjoy yall's posts a lot and I have a question: What is a through and through traditional Romanian dish?
    We don't have a "standardized" dish as German Eisbein or American Thanksgiving turkey,but pork meat varieties are customary with major "adjustments" by geographical areas.For example pork chorba (ciorba de porc) have the same basic ingredients (fried onion,potatoes,carrots and at the end garlic for flavor) all over Romania,but in Transylvania is made with milk and sour cream,in Valachia is made with sauerkraut brine and in Moldavia is made with borsch (a sour liquid ingredient made of fermented wheat).

Perhaps the following link Traditional Romanian Food: 57 Romanian Dishes & Delicacies will give you a narrowed view of the broaden Romanian dish/es and are not all.

The following book have some of the traditional dishes in Romania,it have 581 pages in pdf and is only in Romanian written and never translated in other languages,but with little patience and help,some recipes can be translated even if contains some regionalisms and archaic words.
    Bucate, vinuri si obiceiuri romanesti

If by accident you will came in Romania and will eat here in traditional way you will never leave the country ever and we invite you with pleasure to us to eat a traditional dish if you passing by.
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th September 2020), Bluegreen (27th September 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Harmony (27th September 2020), palehorse (27th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th September 2020), Strat (27th September 2020), Wind (27th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,881 times in 612 posts

I had a big harvest from the garden today. I am roasting beets in honey, coffee and red wine vinegar. I sautéed onions, spicy bell peppers, zucchini and tomatoes in olive oil with a little bacon, then added new potatoes (that were already cooked) and a little lavender and garlic......tomorrow the canning starts! I just love having a garden and going out and munching fresh vegetables!
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Anka (27th September 2020), Bill Ryan (27th September 2020), EFO (28th September 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th September 2020), Strat (27th September 2020)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

Since Autumn has arrived here, I'm having my first roast Sunday dinner since Spring.

Roast beef, roast potatoes, peas, carrots and Yorkshire pudding...... Topped off with gravy.

Oh man-o-man, what a time to be alive!

May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Anka (27th September 2020), Bill Ryan (27th September 2020), EFO (28th September 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th September 2020)

11. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by EFO (here)
    If by accident you will came in Romania and will eat here in traditional way you will never leave the country ever and we invite you with pleasure to us to eat a traditional dish if you passing by.
    That would be amazing! I've driven through Europe a little bit and it was so much fun because it's so different from cross-country American travel. I love the feeling of being the foreigner and experiencing the cultural differences. I'd love to try this in Eastern Europe as well, though #1 on my go to list is Egypt and #2 is India.

It'd be great if I could just win the lottery and travel at my hearts desire.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (27th September 2020), Bill Ryan (27th September 2020), EFO (28th September 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), palehorse (11th October 2020), Wind (27th September 2020)

13. Link to Post #107
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

At first when before entering this thread, I thought it was just an expression..something like this:

But it's really about cooking and eating and I "deal" with both

I made some simple donuts with vanilla, they can be filled with chocolate cream or jam.

Pasta beans: beans must be well cooked and then ground into a kind of pasta(for lack of a word).
    In a frying pan put butter, finely chopped onion, bay leaf,
    salt/pepper, and paprika powder, pour over the bean and add fried sausages.
    Drink before the meal, homemade quince liqueur, for better digestion. Or add pickles.
    I can't extend the recipe any further because the translation brings out a different kind of food ...

But who wants an ice cream, or to "scream" for an ice cream?

Turkish Ice Cream Tricks (1:05)

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Antagenet (11th October 2020), Bill Ryan (11th October 2020), EFO (11th October 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), palehorse (11th October 2020), Strat (11th October 2020)

15. Link to Post #108
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

I want to share the joy of "serving" this meal with you, wherever you are. With the joy on my plate, I would like to remind you of the happiness of sharing a meal with someone, actually sharing unconditional love, friendship, humanity.

In the photos, there are some random meals, just to bring the joy of cooking and try something at random, by our desire and what we want to taste.

We don't really need a recipe to cook something, we can always invent something that we like.
    Cook something for someone today, share the love and joy of taste. I wish I could have more friends invited to dinner, I could cook exactly according to their preferences, at least that joy to bring them.
    There is no standard in the beauty of sharing a piece of bread and a sincere friendship, only the joy of the taste of bread, a kind of reserved right and the beauty of life even in these times.

The last picture does not show anything "cooked"...... but I am in a good mood to write here on Avalon

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2020), EFO (6th November 2020), Eva2 (23rd November 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), justntime2learn (9th November 2020), Krist (9th November 2020), Kryztian (12th November 2020), Peace in Oz (6th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th November 2020), Strat (6th November 2020), Wind (6th November 2020)

17. Link to Post #109
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,290 times in 1,184 posts

a few days ago I made an apple pie which was divine on a bed of rose hips, the berries of the rose hips. From the beginning of September and until the end of October, I collected 6 kg of rose hips

Another variant with apples cooked in a little butter and at the last moment, I add a spoonful of rosehip puree, some nuts for decoration, a king's dessert

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Anka (9th November 2020), Bill Ryan (9th November 2020), EFO (9th November 2020), Forest Denizen (9th November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), justntime2learn (9th November 2020), palehorse (9th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (9th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020)

19. Link to Post #110
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)

a few days ago I made an apple pie which was divine on a bed of rose hips, the berries of the rose hips. From the beginning of September and until the end of October, I collected 6 kg of rose hips

Another variant with apples cooked in a little butter and at the last moment, I add a spoonful of rosehip puree, some nuts for decoration, a king's dessert
    We are using rose hips for jam.Are already ripen gut I'm waiting for the first hoar frost which make them sweeter.

The recipe is a little bit complicated.

1-Boil the rose hips until are very soft.
    2-Strain the water,let them cool a bit then put them in the centrifuge to separate the seed.
    3-Put the resulted paste in a pot and boil it until became like a thick sour cream.
    4-Add lemon juice just to be a little sour,just a little bit,no more,and sugar or honey by your taste.
    5-While still boiling put it in jars and tighten the lids.
    6-Put all the jars in one place and cover them well with a blanket over night.
    7-Next day,uncover the jars and put them in your storage place.

It's a delicacy over winter eaten spread over a butter bread and warm milk cocoa.

It should look like this
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (9th November 2020), Bill Ryan (9th November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), justntime2learn (9th November 2020), palehorse (9th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (9th November 2020), Trisher (12th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020)

21. Link to Post #111
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,377 times in 1,569 posts

Today I prepared tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes and basil from my small garden, it was the most simple sauce as possible, even a child could do it.

Recipe:
    - 15 medium size fresh tomatoes.
    - 400 ml of water (add more as needed).
    - 2 pinches of salt.
    - holy basil (it is a great boost to the immune system, then I sacrificed taste a little bit, the original recipe uses sweet basil which taste really different and is proper for tomato sauce).
    - 1 white onion chopped (tiny pieces)

Slow cooking is the best, add water as needed.

To complement I boiled a standard Spaguetti and served with little parmesan on top.

Sorry no pictures this time, I just saw this thread, but promise next time will have a picture.

If I recall well, the last time I ate Spaguetti was more than 3 years ago, today woke up with Spaguetti in my mind!!!
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Anka (9th November 2020), Bill Ryan (9th November 2020), EFO (9th November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (9th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (9th November 2020), Trisher (12th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020)

23. Link to Post #112
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

We are using rose hips for jam.Are already ripen gut I'm waiting for the first hoar frost which make them sweeter.

The recipe is a little bit complicated.

1-Boil the rose hips until are very soft.
    2-Strain the water,let them cool a bit then put them in the centrifuge to separate the seed.
    3-Put the resulted paste in a pot and boil it until became like a thick sour cream.
    4-Add lemon juice just to be a little sour,just a little bit,no more,and sugar or honey by your taste.
    5-While still boiling put it in jars and tighten the lids.
    6-Put all the jars in one place and cover them well with a blanket over night.
    7-Next day,uncover the jars and put them in your storage place.
    I also made rosehip jam, it takes a long time to prepare. You talk about the seeds and the hairs how do you remove them?, The hairs will not come off with the Juicer? I use after the operation of the vegetable mill, I use the sieve. I also put rosehip jam in my carrot cake, scroll through the photos

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Anka (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (12th November 2020), Eva2 (23rd November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), palehorse (11th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th November 2020), Trisher (12th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020)

25. Link to Post #113
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)
    I also made rosehip jam, it takes a long time to prepare. You talk about the seeds and the hairs how do you remove them?, The hairs will not come off with the Juicer? I use after the operation of the vegetable mill, I use the sieve.
    You are right regarding that rose hip jam need time to be prepared.Years ago I used also the old method of using a sieve to take out the seed and the hair until I used the centrifugal juicer which have a sieve inside it which expels the seed but retains the most of the hair and letting the pulp to came out on the drainage pipe.

This one I use.https://www.telemarket.ro/storcator-...hoCWWUQAvD_BwE

And this is its very fine sieve

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Harmony (12th November 2020), Kryztian (12th November 2020), Lunesoleil (12th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th November 2020), Trisher (12th November 2020)

27. Link to Post #114
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Only sweeties and cakes and good mood

Amazing Christmas Cake Decorating Compilation(6:27)

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

EFO (23rd November 2020), Eva2 (23rd November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Harmony (24th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd November 2020), Trisher (23rd November 2020)

29. Link to Post #115
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,474 times in 1,693 posts

I have to say I am NOT the cook in the family. But, the cook went down a few weeks back, and in the spirit of self preservation, I felt I better keep the chef alive long enough to recover so he could continue to cook for me!.. (He had surgery, and is fine).. On the other hand, I learned a few things. I made many meals, most of them edible.. And I learned that indeed it IS possible to keep the dishes washed and tidy as you cook!

Boy lemme tell you, things are gonna change when he is well! (Just joking).. On the question of what is cooking? I am going to bake an apple pie for the first time from scratch.. Let's hope it doesn't turn out more like apple soup! I will be buying plenty of other things to make in case of a catastrophic failure that I know I can accomplish successfully, just in case...

I do hope that everyone has a beautiful Thanksgiving, those that celebrate, as it is an American holiday.. And I do hope all are well, and enjoying the changes in weather! I am going to have to scroll back and read this entire thread, as the images look fantastic!

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Anka (23rd November 2020), Constance (23rd November 2020), EFO (23rd November 2020), Eva2 (23rd November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Harmony (24th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd November 2020), Lunesoleil (23rd November 2020), Trisher (23rd November 2020)

31. Link to Post #116
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,190 times in 437 posts

Not anything cooking here today. The oven broke and an Instant Pot has arrived. Its a youtube feast on how to cook with it and then maybe something edible later on.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Anka (23rd November 2020), EFO (23rd November 2020), Harmony (24th November 2020), pueblo (23rd November 2020)

33. Link to Post #117
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Fruit salad for the full of vitamins, the first of the season, miammm
    🍹

🍊Clementines
    🍐 Winter pears
    🍋 half a lemon juice
    🍌a banana
    🍍a small pineapple
    🍎an apple
    🍑A very ripe mango
    🍇Some grape seeds Ginger, some blueberries, some cranberries and a little honey ...

and fight all the viruses, I collected all the fresh fruits I had, you put what you want in fruits, it is very refreshing this fruit salad
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 23rd November 2020 at 11:39.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Anka (23rd November 2020), EFO (23rd November 2020), Harmony (24th November 2020), pueblo (23rd November 2020), Trisher (23rd November 2020)

35. Link to Post #118
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,997 times in 2,140 posts

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    I have to say I am NOT the cook in the family. But, the cook went down a few weeks back, and in the spirit of self preservation, I felt I better keep the chef alive long enough to recover so he could continue to cook for me!.. (He had surgery, and is fine).. On the other hand, I learned a few things. I made many meals, most of them edible.. And I learned that indeed it IS possible to keep the dishes washed and tidy as you cook!

Boy lemme tell you, things are gonna change when he is well! (Just joking).. On the question of what is cooking? I am going to bake an apple pie for the first time from scratch.. Let's hope it doesn't turn out more like apple soup! I will be buying plenty of other things to make in case of a catastrophic failure that I know I can accomplish successfully, just in case...

I do hope that everyone has a beautiful Thanksgiving, those that celebrate, as it is an American holiday.. And I do hope all are well, and enjoying the changes in weather! I am going to have to scroll back and read this entire thread, as the images look fantastic!
    "And I learned that indeed it IS possible to keep the dishes washed and tidy as you cook!"

This is the difference between the amateurs and the pros!

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Anka (23rd November 2020), Denise/Dizi (6th December 2020), EFO (23rd November 2020), Harmony (24th November 2020), Trisher (24th November 2020), wondering (24th November 2020)

37. Link to Post #119
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,190 times in 437 posts

A lot of home made Ice Cream

Recipe:
    A- The mass for all layers:
    1- 2 liters of milk;
    2- 12 eggs;
    3- honey/sugar by taste
    So proportionally you need 6 eggs to every liter of milk.
    Put the milk on fire and meanwhile mix well the eggs.When the milk is warm enough,add the eggs in the pot and stir gently.Stir until you see that the mixture start to become a sort of flowing pudding.During stirring pay attention at the bottom of the pot because the eggs could coagulate because of the heat.Having that flowing homogeneous pudding,you can pull the pot from the fire and add honey or sugar according to your taste and let it cool.I prefer honey because is offered a denser texture to the final product.That flowing homogeneous pudding,by cooling will became almost a solid pudding,but soft enough to be poured.

B The layers I've done from top to bottom are:caramel,vanilla-banana mix and coffee-chocolate mix.

Caramel recipe:
    1-In a pot add about 250-300 grams of sugar and melt it on the fire stirring continuously.
    2-When the sugar is melted completely and it have a brownish color,pull the pot off the fire and add about 200-250 grams of milk.Pay attention because if the milk is cold or warm it is possible to have small explosions of burned sugar and milk mixture which can burn your skin.It take about 10-15 seconds until the mixture stabilizes and is no more danger.
    3-When the mixture is stabilized pot the pot again on the low fire and stir until the melted sugar is dissolved completely and then pull the pot from the fire and let it cool.
    4-Until the mixture is cooled,whip 300-350 of cream until is almost formed butter.
    5-Taste the mixture and add honey or sugar by your taste.

Ok,now you have the the "pudding" from point "A",diluted in milk burned sugar and whipped cream.
    Take as much as you want from the "pudding" and add it step by step to the whipped cream mixed it by hand not by mixer.When you finished adding the pudding add also step by step the diluted in milk sugar.Now is the moment to put the mixer at work because you have to obtain a homogeneous mass.When you have this mass,you can pour it whatever form you have and put it in freezer.

After one hour or so,depending how freeze is that first layer,you can start work to the second layer.

Vanilla-banana mix recipe:
    This is easier than caramel and less dangerous.
    Ingredients you need:
    1- 1 or 2 vanilla pods according to your taste
    2- 2 bananas
    3- 250-300 cream for whipped
    4- rum
    5- honey or sugar

The process:
    1- Peel bananas and crush them until you obtain a paste;
    2- Cut longitudinal the vanilla pods and take out the good from it and add it to banana paste;
    3- Add as much pudding you want from point "A" and mix it forming a mixture;
    4- Whip 250-300 grams of cream;
    5- Add step by step the mixture from point 3 into the whipped cream stirring gently;
    6- When you finished adding the mixture you can homogenize it with mixer;
    7- During the homogenizing process,taste the mixture and add sugar or honey and rum by your taste;
    8- When is ready,pour it gently over the first layer,if you see that the first layer isn't frozen enough and let it freeze.

Coffee-chocolate mix recipe:
    Ingredients:
    1- 250-300 grams of the strongest black coffee you ever drink.If is necessary boil it again and add more grounded coffee ;
    2- Cocoa powder by taste;
    3- 250-300 grams of cream for whipping
    4- Rum by taste;
    5- Honey or sugar.I prefer sugar for this mix,because honey doesn't fit by taste for me with coffee.

The process:
    1- Mix cocoa powder in the coffee;
    2- Mix the mixture in the rest of the "pudding" remained from point "A".
    3- Whip the cream until is almost butter;
    4- Add step by step the cocoa-coffee mixture to the whipped cream and stir gently.After you finish to add the mixture,start using the mixer to obtain a homogeneous mixture ;
    5- Add rum and honey or sugar by taste and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
    6- Now the third layer is ready for pouring over the second layer and precede the same as point 8 from vanilla-banana mix recipe.

Only now you finish the work and can sit and relax and wait at least 24 hours until the ice cream is completely frozen.

Frozen in the form
    Attachment 41860

Out of the form
    Attachment 41861
    I am going to make this ice-cream today EFO. These are some of the best recipes I have seen for it. Thank you.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th December 2020), EFO (24th November 2020), Harmony (24th November 2020), wondering (24th November 2020)

39. Link to Post #120
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Trisher (here)
    A lot of home made Ice Cream

Recipe:
    A- The mass for all layers:
    1- 2 liters of milk;
    2- 12 eggs;
    3- honey/sugar by taste
    So proportionally you need 6 eggs to every liter of milk.
    Put the milk on fire and meanwhile mix well the eggs.When the milk is warm enough,add the eggs in the pot and stir gently.Stir until you see that the mixture start to become a sort of flowing pudding.During stirring pay attention at the bottom of the pot because the eggs could coagulate because of the heat.Having that flowing homogeneous pudding,you can pull the pot from the fire and add honey or sugar according to your taste and let it cool.I prefer honey because is offered a denser texture to the final product.That flowing homogeneous pudding,by cooling will became almost a solid pudding,but soft enough to be poured.

B The layers I've done from top to bottom are:caramel,vanilla-banana mix and coffee-chocolate mix.

Caramel recipe:
    1-In a pot add about 250-300 grams of sugar and melt it on the fire stirring continuously.
    2-When the sugar is melted completely and it have a brownish color,pull the pot off the fire and add about 200-250 grams of milk.Pay attention because if the milk is cold or warm it is possible to have small explosions of burned sugar and milk mixture which can burn your skin.It take about 10-15 seconds until the mixture stabilizes and is no more danger.
    3-When the mixture is stabilized pot the pot again on the low fire and stir until the melted sugar is dissolved completely and then pull the pot from the fire and let it cool.
    4-Until the mixture is cooled,whip 300-350 of cream until is almost formed butter.
    5-Taste the mixture and add honey or sugar by your taste.

Ok,now you have the the "pudding" from point "A",diluted in milk burned sugar and whipped cream.
    Take as much as you want from the "pudding" and add it step by step to the whipped cream mixed it by hand not by mixer.When you finished adding the pudding add also step by step the diluted in milk sugar.Now is the moment to put the mixer at work because you have to obtain a homogeneous mass.When you have this mass,you can pour it whatever form you have and put it in freezer.

After one hour or so,depending how freeze is that first layer,you can start work to the second layer.

Vanilla-banana mix recipe:
    This is easier than caramel and less dangerous.
    Ingredients you need:
    1- 1 or 2 vanilla pods according to your taste
    2- 2 bananas
    3- 250-300 cream for whipped
    4- rum
    5- honey or sugar

The process:
    1- Peel bananas and crush them until you obtain a paste;
    2- Cut longitudinal the vanilla pods and take out the good from it and add it to banana paste;
    3- Add as much pudding you want from point "A" and mix it forming a mixture;
    4- Whip 250-300 grams of cream;
    5- Add step by step the mixture from point 3 into the whipped cream stirring gently;
    6- When you finished adding the mixture you can homogenize it with mixer;
    7- During the homogenizing process,taste the mixture and add sugar or honey and rum by your taste;
    8- When is ready,pour it gently over the first layer,if you see that the first layer isn't frozen enough and let it freeze.

Coffee-chocolate mix recipe:
    Ingredients:
    1- 250-300 grams of the strongest black coffee you ever drink.If is necessary boil it again and add more grounded coffee ;
    2- Cocoa powder by taste;
    3- 250-300 grams of cream for whipping
    4- Rum by taste;
    5- Honey or sugar.I prefer sugar for this mix,because honey doesn't fit by taste for me with coffee.

The process:
    1- Mix cocoa powder in the coffee;
    2- Mix the mixture in the rest of the "pudding" remained from point "A".
    3- Whip the cream until is almost butter;
    4- Add step by step the cocoa-coffee mixture to the whipped cream and stir gently.After you finish to add the mixture,start using the mixer to obtain a homogeneous mixture ;
    5- Add rum and honey or sugar by taste and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
    6- Now the third layer is ready for pouring over the second layer and precede the same as point 8 from vanilla-banana mix recipe.

Only now you finish the work and can sit and relax and wait at least 24 hours until the ice cream is completely frozen.

Frozen in the form
    Attachment 41860

Out of the form
    Attachment 41861
    I am going to make this ice-cream today EFO. These are some of the best recipes I have seen for it. Thank you.
    Trisher,I'm glad you like my recipe.Please pay attention of milk and eggs pudding and be very careful with it.If you didn't made before this kind of pudding try first with only one egg and 150 grams of milk to see what will came out.If will be homogeneous,then you can made the recipe.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th December 2020), Harmony (24th November 2020), Trisher (24th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 6 9 LastLast