Thread: Please send healing, prayers

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Default Re: Please send healing, prayers

Thanks to all, I don't usually do things like start this thread.
    It was an interesting experience, but I am going to request that it be closed now.
    I'm just feeling a little bit self-conscious.
    Thanks again.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Anchor (17th November 2019), Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), Ernie Nemeth (17th November 2019), Pam (18th November 2019), RunningDeer (17th November 2019), Sadieblue (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019), wondering (17th November 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    It was an interesting experience, but I am going to request that it be closed now.
    Thanks again.
    Onawah,

I hope you recover fully - and some of your other malfunctioning parts improve!

I also hope moonlight's daughter gets all the help she requires in accordance with her highest desired outcome.

Consider all is catalyst. Our various bodies (physical, emotional, mental etc) are one of the main sources of that catalyst. It throws our lives and gives us something to deal with.

If this spurs a twist and a turn in our lives, that makes us review some aspect of ourselves, like the tendency to feel self-conscious, then maybe that's worth it?

Getting old sucks.... but it forces you to accept the love and help of others, and it gives others the opportunity to express that love and help.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), Ernie Nemeth (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Orph (17th November 2019), Pam (18th November 2019), RunningDeer (17th November 2019), Sadieblue (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019), wondering (17th November 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Thanks again.
    Okay, will do!

I'm a little sorry to do that, because this is Avalon at its very best: we're first and foremost a human community, and a research community, university and reference library a close second.

When I had some problems with my knees a couple months ago, I started a thread about it — with a slightly different focus: to share self-healing protocols that seemed to work (including my own). I found that immensely valuable, and I think some others may have done, too.

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    I also hope moonlight's daughter gets all the help she requires in accordance with her highest desired outcome.
    From ankles and knees to more life-threatening matters, we also have threads about cancer — quite a few of them. Just search for 'cancer' in thread titles. Just a few of them are:
    @moonlight, regarding your own heartfelt post here, we do understand. For a much-loved and close family member to be so very sick is frightening.

We hope you might find some practical help in the threads above (there's enough information there to compile a textbook), and you're genuinely more than welcome to start a thread about this yourself. It may be useful to share with us the type of cancer that is involved, and we'll all see what we can bring to bear on this that may be helpful.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (19th November 2019), Ernie Nemeth (17th November 2019), greybeard (17th November 2019), Hervé (17th November 2019), Khadija (17th November 2019), Mashika (17th November 2019), Maybee (17th November 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Pam (18th November 2019), RunningDeer (17th November 2019), Sadieblue (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019), wondering (17th November 2019), Yoda (17th November 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Hello, Everyone: onawah (Natalie) has asked me if I could kindly append this note (from her) at the end of the thread. (I suggested we could re-open it and move it to a members-only section, but she assured me that wouldn't be necessary now.)

~~~
    Hi Bill,

The problem was that the thread wasn't on a members only subforum, which would have been a more comfortable fit, and I think I would have continued to be OK with.

I didn't actually mean for the community at large (beyond the actual members) to be aware of my problem, but I wasn't thinking clearly when I started the thread!

There was more response than I expected which actually made me a bit uncomfortable because it was taking up so much room on the forum when there are so many other, more important issues that need our focus.

In any case, it was the first couple of days when I was feeling most dismayed, but I'm past that now, so mission accomplished.

I am generally more of a stoic, and this was a good lesson for me--asking for help elicited some wonderful energy from and for everyone, and you are right, those moments are among Avalon's shining ones.

I will post updates on my profile page for anyone who wants to know about my progress.

Thanks and best wishes,
    Natalie

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Arcturian108 (19th November 2019), avid (18th November 2019), Cara (19th November 2019), ClearWater (18th November 2019), Deux Corbeaux (19th November 2019), Ernie Nemeth (18th November 2019), Forest Denizen (19th November 2019), greybeard (18th November 2019), Hervé (18th November 2019), Inversion (20th November 2019), onawah (18th November 2019), Pam (18th November 2019), Philippe (18th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (19th November 2019), sunflower (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (19th November 2019), Yoda (19th November 2019)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3