+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Rose of Paracelsus by William Leonard Pickard/ LSD

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,262 times in 5,712 posts

Default The Rose of Paracelsus by William Leonard Pickard/ LSD

The reason I am posting this information is because I have big questions about the role of "entheogens" on expanding consciousness. I have noticed that in the same climate that is demonizing natural health, even individual "former" psychonauts like Bernhard Guenther are now demonizing (literally) the realms visited by psychonauts. This is an irony to me because most who say DO NOT ENTER have had their experiences there. This is a bit hypocritical IMO.

I have researched much about the subject and now think Drug Prohibition is not even REASONABLE. The whole issue is "how" they should be used and when and by whom but not to legislate possession. I am not alone in my concern and perhaps the momentum is building to a new paradigm and revocation of the insane drug laws.

My interest is in WHY it is socially ACCEPTABLE to ingest all kinds of toxic pharmacy products that maim and kill. No physician is held accountable. The drug industry is given very free reign with little accountability.

Anything mind "altering" which may break open the mind to a larger and more socially aware perspective is criminalized. This is IMO NO ACCIDENT!!!!!

I have never used LSD but have interest in microdosing as a significant benefit to man and woman kind. LSD is being shown to have seriously positive effects.

In my life time, so much social change has occurred. IMO NOW, the promise of a world where people would be exploring consciousness expansion (in a peaceful prosperous climate of health and longevity) has been squelched.

Fear is raging. Questioning in general is becoming a threat to a controlling force that is building mental walls. The walls are in the mind. Walls constructed by populace agreements of "things to fear" (Do Not Go THERE) are getting higher. The walls are closing in. The general level of ignorance actually seems to be increasing because people are not seeming to be able to challenge authority?

I found out recently that William Leonard Pickard is serving two life sentences with no hope of parole for manufacturing LSD. It infuriates me that justice is so unbalanced in the US. He needs to be given clemency IMO.

The possibility is that he is the fall guy for a global clandestine organization. This is suggested to be a group on the side of human expansion. He wrote a book on paper with pencil in prison.

Quote Today’s podcast features an introduction to The Rose Of Paracelsus: On Secrets & Sacraments by Leonard Pickard. Rolling Stone once called Pickard “The Acid King”, and his book is being called a modern masterpiece. It tells the story of an international clan of secret LSD chemists. And who better to tell this story than Leonard Pickard, who is now serving two life sentences in a maximum security prison in the United States, having been accused of manufacturing large quantities of acid, billions according to one ex-DEA agent. Over the next two years we will present a reading of this book, along with commentary, by friends of Leonard’s. Today we feature an introduction of The Rose of Paracelsus with a series of readings from various chapters, followed by some commentary on the readings. In the months and years to come, we will be podcasting a reading of this entire book, chapter-by-chapter.

EMAIL address to contact the producers: therose@psychedelicsalon.com

Quote The Acid King, Leonard Pickard, in his own words
    Convicted LSD chemist, serving life in prison, on his new book
    CULTUREMARCH 08, 2019
    BY REILLY CAPPS

A man named William Leonard Pickard is now serving two life sentences in a maximum security prison in Arizona, a dull concrete space where no flowers grow.

Unlike most of the murderers, rapists and terrorists in with him, Leonard Pickard has fans — thousands of them — and they don't think what the government says he did was wrong.

Pickard is alleged to have been the largest LSD chemist in the country at one time. Ratted out by another chemist, Pickard was arrested outside a decommissioned missile silo in Kansas in 2000 with a truckful of lab equipment.

Rolling Stone called him The Acid King. Fans call his long sentence a massive injustice. Now, his fans are celebrating the book he wrote from a cell, called "The Rose of Paracelsus: On Secrets and Sacraments."

It's a crazy story of an international clan of secret LSD chemists who cook up millions of doses using elaborate clandestine methods. They live a fantastic lifestyle of high luxury and monastic poverty, daringly escaping detection and battling forces arrayed against them. They train ex-hippies to infiltrate the government to spy on the DEA. They perform magic and do telepathy and channel strange forces like sorcerers.

It's 650 pages of tiny print, thin margins, dense vocabulary and flowery, poetic language. But it's found an audience. Enough that it's being published in a second edition.

"A modern masterpiece," one fan says on Goodreads. "I plan on reading it again and taking notes this time," says a Reddit reviewer. "I am dumbfounded, and enthralled," says a reviewer on Amazon, where 97 percent of its reviews are five-star. "So surprised that there aren't more people discussing this work!" A fan called it "The Psychedelic Ulysses," after the greatest novel of the twentieth century.

So it's an underground hit. But some critics say they wish it wasn't such a tall tale. They want a true story of crime and punishment. Not all this woo and poetry and superheroes and fiction.

"Is it fiction?" Pickard asks, rhetorically, when I bring up this objection. "You know, it surprised me when people started saying this was fiction."

"I'm not at liberty to address whether it is or is not fiction due to legal issues," Pickard says. "You understand my predicament."

Pickard is appealing his conviction. He also asked me not to specify how we communicated — whether by phone, email, in person or by letter — because "there could be problems."

"Every individual who is named by name in 'The Rose' is locatable," Pickard goes on. "The professors, the people in D.C. ... that sort of thing."

How often does "The Rose" intersect with reality? You'll go crazy trying to figure it out. The mystery of Leonard Pickard, the Acid King, is a bit like the mystery of psychedelics themselves. The deeper you look, the more confusing it gets.

FANS LOVE THE ACID KING
    Pickard is known to be an amazing chemist. If he did cook up LSD, one online fan says, Pickard "deserves an award."

"We are increasingly finding that psychedelics have broad medical benefits, and perhaps even benefits to us as a species," says Julian Vayne, an author and speaker, and a fan and friend of Pickard. In clinical trials, for example, LSD has reduced anxiety. "There is a whole group of people who have benefitted from the substances he is alleged to have made."

So Vayne is one of dozens of people trying to help Pickard by getting more publicity for "The Rose." Others trying to get attention for the book include shamans, drug researchers, psychiatrists and mystics from around the world. There's a vague hope that Pickard's case could get attention. President Trump has pardoned nonviolent drug offenders before.

Can the book become truly popular? It's not easy to read. In word count, it's about one-third as long as the Bible. Pickard told me it can be read straight through in about 20 hours. But the vocabulary is so dense and arcane even an SAT champion reaches for a dictionary three times a page. The allusions and references are so thick that, to track down the hidden meanings and subtexts, could take you months of full-time work.

"It's not written for everyone," Pickard says. "It's written for very literate people that are familiar with the community and the experiences."

"He has written a really classic piece of literature," says friend, fan and podcast host Lorenzo Hagerty. "It's the story of his life in fable form, and the story of why he did what he did, about how it's not about money, it's about reintegrating these medicines into the fabric of society." Hagerty is helping plan a series of podcasts, reading "The Rose" chapter by chapter, posted on Hagerty's Psychedelic Salon. There have already been readings at psychedelic conferences and in the famous jail cell of Oscar Wilde.

"There's been some great psychedelic literature, and 'The Rose' is really high on that list," says Vayne. "And it's made more beautiful and terrible by the fact that it was written by a guy locked up in the middle of a desert who hasn't seen a tree in 20 years."

THE BACKSTORY
    About 23 million Americans have taken LSD — about one in every 14 people. LSD isn't easy to make. So a lot of the LSD has been cooked up by groups working together. In the Sixties and Seventies, it was Augustus Owsley Stanley, Nick Sand and the rest of the "Brotherhood of Eternal Love."

Born in 1945 in Georgia, Pickard grew up the child of a lawyer and a professor. With a trust fund and a big imagination, Pickard wandered the country during the hippie Sixties. At some point, the feds believe, Pickard started working with the Brotherhood of Eternal Love, according to a 2001 profile of Pickard in Rolling Stone. By 1977 neighbors were reporting a funny smell coming from his California abode, and cops discovered a lab in the basement with traces of a psychedelic called MDA, similar to MDMA (ecstasy). Pickard served 18 months in prison.

A decade later, in 1988, a neighbor reported chemical smells from a California warehouse. Drug agents moved in, and (allegedly) found Pickard whipping up LSD. He might've made twenty million hits. Pickard was sentenced to eight years in jail.

Pickard was released early, in 1992. This is about when the "The Rose of Paracelsus" picks up the story. In real life and in the book, Pickard leaves prison to live as a monk in a Zen monastery in San Francisco. There he meditated and chanted. According to the book, Pickard went clean.

Pickard managed to get accepted at Harvard, a place full of nobel prize winners and former Senators. Pickard really did become a drug researcher, looking not into psychedelics, but deadly drugs — particularly fentanyl. And he really did publish prescient papers on fent.

According to the book, Pickard was, at the same time, also interviewing a network of six underground LSD chemists, to learn their secrets. The book tries to keep Pickard's hands clean, by saying he was merely doing research. According to the feds, he was cooking LSD right along with them.

AND HERE'S WHERE THE BOOK GETS SUPER MURKY
    It's frustrating to try to figure out the truth. But what's most interesting is letting your mind wander to the idea that part of what he's saying about drug chemists is true.

If the book is partly nonfiction … then there was, and possibly still is, a clandestine worldwide network of LSD chemists, like a Justice League or a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, who manufacture the drugs at secure locations around the globe, then dismantle the labs and shlep them to new hideouts. The chemists keep up on the newest developments in novel drugs. They treat their syntheses as sacred acts. Hippies who love drugs cut their hair and don suits and infiltrate the DEA as double agents, as spies keeping the chemists one step ahead of the cops. Or else they use beautiful women to seduce governmental agents to see what they know. The chemists police themselves, so that if a new chemist with bad intentions sets up shop and starts making drugs, they step in and shut him down. (The book implies that that's why Pickard went to Kansas; he was acting on behalf of the LSD chemists to close down the operations of another drug chemist, Todd Skinner, a man who was actually a DEA informant, and turned Pickard in.)

Pickard's portrait of the chemists is pure romance, painting the chemists in bright, vibrant colors, as noble rebels for a cause, erudite and urbane, able to quote poetry and law and Sasha Shulgin in the same breath, dashing men in a world of deep connective sex with beautiful young women (usually with "small, pert breasts") and girls they often rescue from cruel, feckless pimps, with wealthy patrons loaning them space and giving them money, with spiritual teachers reminding them always that LSD is a gateway to heaven or hell, not just a party drug — heroes out to synthesize a potion that could save humanity from our slide into disconnection and environmental disaster.

In the book, these chemists are "revolutionaries in times of oppression" who "pray for an end to suffering" by cooking "fountains of consciousness" in "planetary scale batches," and therefore have "responsibilities for the ecstasies, the orgasmic religiosities in millions of minds."

"Psychedelics displace addictive drug use," a chemist says. LSD, one says, is "the polar opposite of a nuclear bomb."

THE MAGIC IN 'THE ROSE'
    And, then, the strangest assertions. If the book is nonfiction, then LSD chemists can do magic. They're surrounded by "paranormal phenomena." They have "hypersensitivity," "a new human sense." "It would be naive to conclude there are no unknown extra dimensional fields," one of the chemists says to the narrator. They do telepathy, changing the narrator's thoughts with their thoughts.

Fans of the book love these ideas; everyday trippers often report telepathy — two people thinking the same thoughts, seeing the same hallucinations. (A misperception, rationalists say. You're just stoned.)

The chemists swim in synchronicity: the right person shows up at the right moment, there is order to events, direction; Nature is trying to accomplish a mission. Again, typical stoners often have this feeling. (Over-recognition of patterns, realists say. Lower your dose.)

The chemists deal with spirits; they ask otherworldly entities to bless their syntheses; they ritually pull demons out of the bodies of drug addicted young women. Again, regular 'heads sometimes feel around them entities not entirely of themselves. (Remnants of medieval superstition, skeptics say. Stone age irrationality. You're just high.)

Does Pickard believe this stuff? Is this how high-level LSD chemists think? As usual, Pickard plays coy.

"Some of the scenes are so unusual — the exorcisms for example — that if they were factual, people who gave it credence might lose a little sleep dealing with the philosophy of it, the theology of it," Pickard says.

"It would take away the pleasure of wondering, is it fact or fiction," Pickard says. "I will leave the reader to decide for themselves."

A MONUMENT
    Of course, Pickard has every motive to play this romantic song, to lionize the chemists, to play up the magic. Who doesn't want to be seen as part of a secret society, in touch with greater forces, and a martyr for a great cause?

Pickard's fans love "The Rose" in part because, to them, LSD is a kind of miracle, and acid chemists are kind of alchemists, and magic really is possible.

"This book is like the psychedelic state — inexpressible," says Vayne. "We have to talk about things in poetic or metaphorical or mystical terms."

There is a hint at the end of the book that Pickard, the narrator, is a chemist, too. Maybe actually all of the chemists.

"Some people say that the Six are just a single individual whose personality has been spit five ways," Pickard says. "I can't respond to that."

How Pickard is viewed in the light of history probably hinges not necessarily on figuring out exactly what he did or didn't do, but on whether regular people end up viewing LSD and psychedelics as benefits to society, or as curses.

Would the world be a better place, I ask Pickard, if everyone took LSD?

"I can't talk from personal experience," Pickard says, ever cagey. "I can only talk about what the literature reports. It does report about 80 percent come back discussing religious or magical experiences that are transformative in a positive way."

Someday in the future, someone might build a statue to the underground LSD chemists, near Haight Ashbury or Boulder, wild-haired dreamers peering into a beaker or flask. One-time criminals now romanticised. After all, there are statues to Harriet Tubman all over the place. Until those statues come, "The Rose of Paracelsus" is a decent monument to the LSD Underground — even if only a tenth of it is true.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

earthdreamer (9th December 2019), Franny (9th December 2019), gini (16th December 2019), leavesoftrees (11th December 2019), lilac (9th December 2019), Mark (13th December 2019), MinImLi (9th December 2019), mountain_jim (9th December 2019), Pam (10th December 2019), RogeRio (8th December 2019), snoman (8th December 2019), Strat (9th December 2019), Sue (Ayt) (9th December 2019), Zampano (8th December 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Default Re: The Rose of Paracelsus by William Leonard Pickard/ LSD

I'm sorry, I did not see the videos, but would like to comment text contents.

Quote I have big questions about the role of "entheogens" on expanding consciousness.
    I understand the curiosity, but its not a good idea use these "consciential crutches", as a metaphor to say. Try to read Carlos Castanheda books first, because he has studied and written "all that can be learned" from these things, or even heard those who still make experiences with this kind of shamanism, but please, understand that althought some substances work, shamanism is like ancient (primitive) cults. The wisdom worth, but also the ignorance is there.

almost these substances are hallucinogens .. -lol-
    and some are power poisons in very small doses.

take care of you .. do not chemically alter the body unnecessarily

Quote most who say DO NOT ENTER have had their experiences there.
    they should tell good experiences, but if they also think it's better Do not Enter, the reason should converge with I commented above. Its an issue about Lucidity of the mind. One casual light experience even could worth, but continuous use isn't a good idea. It becomes a crutches.

give the benefit of doubt in the suspect of hypocrisy once time.

Quote The Rose of Paracelsus with a series of readings from various chapters
    This is mysticism. Paracelsus was a great doctor, the first to write a book of procedures for diagnosing common diseases. He worked directly with conscious energies and didn't need stimulating substances. He is well known for his "miraculous" deeds

Devil Weed of Carlos Castaneda has an uglier name than Rose of Paracelsus, but it may be the same or similar plant (substance) ((experience)). Moreover, the Rose must not be of the real Paracelsus, because he lived in the XV century.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 10th December 2019 at 07:43.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Delight (8th December 2019), Justplain (8th December 2019), mountain_jim (11th December 2019), Pam (10th December 2019), Valerie Villars (9th December 2019), wegge (9th December 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,220 times in 8,550 posts

Well, these illegal plants and perfectly-made versions of the 3 letter wonder turned this cynical, unloving, organized-religion-abused late teenager into a spiritually aware being who now understood the nature of the All-Is-One.

It was life-changing for me, and informs all of the natural paths I have followed in the 40+ years since to keep this awareness and understanding in the forefront of my being.

I was reading Castenada during this period, and offer one cautionary tale: Some type of archonic feeder being was able to appear to a friend and myself and seemed to be feeding on our fear caused by this.

So I would say there are risks when opening this doorway if not well prepared for the alterations to normal reality possible.

George Harrison's Living In the Material World played on a good system, was the rallying point for our consciousness to repel the fear-feeder with waves of Love that were not tenable for this entity.

My current view is the same doorway is available in the pineal gland pathways, avoid fluoride calcification here for best results.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 9th December 2019 at 13:24.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Delight (10th December 2019), earthdreamer (10th December 2019), Franny (9th December 2019), Mark (13th December 2019), Pam (10th December 2019), RogeRio (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (9th December 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Well, these illegal plants and perfectly-made versions of the 3 letter wonder turned this cynical, unloving, organized-religion-abused late teenager into a spiritually aware being who now understood the nature of the All-Is-One.

It was life-changing for me, and informs all of the natural paths I have followed in the 40+ years since to keep this awareness and understanding in the forefront of my being.

I was reading Castenada during this period, and offer one cautionary tale: Some type of archonic feeder being was able to appear to a friend and myself and seemed to be feeding on our fear caused by this.

So I would say there are risks when opening this doorway if not well prepared for the alterations to normal reality possible.

George Harrison's Living In the Material World played on a good system, was the rallying point for our consciousness to repel the fear-feeder with waves of Love that were not tenable for this entity.

My current view is the same doorway is available in the pineal gland pathways, avoid fluoride calcification here for best results.
    Thanks for the two posts about a need for some caution.
    The opening of doors does take preparation.
    Lately I am taken by the apocalyptic notion that the opportunity exists for so many to take hold of a new paradigm of reality and looking for the avenues.
    Fear is apparently the most important "frequency" to unlearn.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

earthdreamer (10th December 2019), Franny (9th December 2019), mountain_jim (9th December 2019), Pam (10th December 2019), RogeRio (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    the rallying point for our consciousness to repel the fear-feeder with waves of Love that were not tenable for this entity.
    Fear is apparently the most important "frequency" to unlearn.
    Fear is an instinctive state of "body alert", that can bypass all others conscious-unconscious thought-feelings, through Sub-Conscious Instantaneous Reactions. One of this reactions is to be paralized with hight hearth beating, full of vital energy that is not necessary, so the intruders can feed it making us relatively weak.

If we send hight vibration thought-feelings to negative creatures, they becomes relatively weak in instinctive forces. If you not feel fear of them, you become out of their targets, virtually becoming immune to many of these energivore parasites.

A small amount of fear is healthy as it breeds caution. It seems that all careful are not enough, because very astute beings explore a certain fascination and enchantment for some ego illusion, that is also a (subtil) widely strategy used by energivores.

Quote The opening of doors does take preparation.
    The "lucid" issue of hard substances use "may not open doors", but causing body traumas similar to Near Dead Experiences, that somewhat implies in harm the natural harmony of chakras.

Please, do not make the mistake of seing people's spiritual advancement by their wealth, nor by their psychic abilities. These do not prove spiritual elevation. Psychic abilities can be developed by anyone, with regular bioenergy work and psychic development exercises, maybe with some natural ability backing it up by retro-cognition.

Psychic abilities are things of the bioenergy body, not of the spirit. These are things any black mage can accomplish just as well as any saint.

However, while psychic abilities can be natural or developed, they can also be an offshoot of spiritual development. They form a part of the glamour and mystery of life. When they spring up as a result of true spiritual development, they sorely test ones mettle and worth. In themselves, these abilities are worthless distractions when compared with true spiritual evolution, that not necessarily need to be a Psych.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 10th December 2019 at 13:05.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Delight (10th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

No physician is held accountable.
    I've been screaming this from the rooftops for a long time now. I think I love you.

I do have experiences with microdosing psylocibin and it has changed my life dramatically. I can't say it cured my cluster headaches but the condition is 90% better. It gave me a good deal of my life back. I would truly love to live debate my neurologists on this matter for the whole world to see.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Delight (10th December 2019), mountain_jim (10th December 2019), onawah (10th December 2019), Pam (10th December 2019), RogeRio (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    No physician is held accountable.
    I've been screaming this from the rooftops for a long time now. I think I love you.

I do have experiences with microdosing psylocibin and it has changed my life dramatically. I can't say it cured my cluster headaches but the condition is 90% better. It gave me a good deal of my life back. I would truly love to live debate my neurologists on this matter for the whole world to see.
    I did not know about this possible treatment and I have debilitating migraines at times.... in fact that is my only issue of dis-ease. THANKS. Found this....

Quote Psychoactive substances as a last resort—a qualitative study of self-treatment of migraine and cluster headaches
    Martin Andersson, Mari Persson, and Anette Kjellgrencorresponding author

Abstract
    Background
    Treatment resistant cluster headache and migraine patients are exploring alternative treatments online. The aim of this study was to improve comprehension regarding the use of non-established or alternative pharmacological treatments used by sufferers of cluster headaches and migraines.

Methods
    A qualitative thematic analysis of the users’ own accounts presented in online forum discussions were conducted. The forum boards https://shroomery.org/, http://bluelight.org, and https://clusterbusters.org/ met the inclusion criteria and were used for the study.

Results
    The analysis resulted in six themes: a desperate need for effective treatments; the role of the forum—finding alternative treatments and community support; alternative treatment substances; dosage and regimens; effects and treatment results; and adverse effects. The results provide an insight into why, how, and by which substances and methods sufferers seek relief from cluster headache and migraines.

Conclusions
    These patients are in a desperate and vulnerable situation, and illicit psychoactive substances are often considered a last resort. There appeared to be little or no interest in psychoactive effects per se as these were rather tolerated or avoided by using sub-psychoactive doses. Primarily, psilocybin, lysergic acid diethylamide, and related psychedelic tryptamines were reportedly effective for both prophylactic and acute treatment of cluster headache and migraines. Treatment results with cannabis were more unpredictable. No severe adverse events were reported, but it was observed how desperation sometimes spurred risky behavior when obtaining and testing various treatment alternatives. The forum discourse mainly revolved around maximizing treatment results and minimizing potential harms.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

RogeRio (11th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

I did not know about this possible treatment and I have debilitating migraines at times.... in fact that is my only issue of dis-ease. THANKS. Found this....
    For what it's worth cluster headaches (aka suicide headaches) and migraines are not related. This is a common misconception. I don't know if this will work for migraines and I'm not condoning it, for me this was somewhat of a last resort. Please be careful. Even with CH's, if not dosed properly one can worsen the condition.

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Delight (10th December 2019), RogeRio (11th December 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

Hey friends, If you like, I can tell about headache using the phytoterapic point of view and well knowed recipes to address this

like anxiety, chronic headache is not a disease but a psycho-somatic reaction from four general types:

(1) Penetration of cold-wind -- It occurs after exposure to cold wind and may be accompanied by cold and flu symptoms. Symptoms are tightness in the head, aversion to cold, and feeling cold in the body.

(2) Rising Liver Energy -- In this type, heat from the liver associated with processes that causes irritability or digestive problems that will affect the liver. Symptoms are pulsating headache, red eyes, bitter taste in the mouth, constipation, irritation and aversion to light. This type corresponds to migraine.

(3) Stagnation of energy and blood in the canals -- this diagnosis corresponds to very chronic headaches, which in general are associated with cervical spine problems. Symptoms are chronic headache in tightness, it gets worse with cold, the pain sometimes changes places and gets worse with irritation or emotional tension.

(4) Energy and Blood Deficiency -- In these cases, the energy is low and not enough to nourish the brain, so this lack of nutrition causes pain. Symptoms are a very mild headache, such as a heaviness or a worsening pain at the end of the day, accompanied by tiredness, difficulty of concentrating and memory.

For each case, have a phytoterapic treatment with herbs. If have interest, I can show (translate) the content I have available here. Pehaps we'll need to "decipher" the name of some herbs, but this should not be difficult
    Last edited by RogeRio; 11th December 2019 at 01:00.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Delight (10th December 2019), leavesoftrees (11th December 2019), Mark (13th December 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I have participated in 3 Ayahausca ceremonies. I think that these were very valuable and that I don't need necessarily to use this method of peeling back the layers or densities (or however one might call it) now. I was in quite a physically purified state before using the medicine. It interests me more to engage my own abilities "naked". IMO if one gets the understanding that we CAN be aware and use our multidimensional capacities, then learning how is just going to take work and practice. I am not currently needing to engage the astral realms as the waking "dream" is quite enough to deal in at this time BUT IMO the people who try to dissuade people from participating in visionary experiences from tryptamines are misguided.

Here Sylvie Ivanova speaks to her understanding of the "the path of visionary plants"

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

earthdreamer (17th December 2019), mountain_jim (15th December 2019), RogeRio (13th December 2019), Strat (16th December 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

IMO the reason we are being corralled into refusal of the opportunities presented by tryptamines is IMO because they will alter the bedrock on which we base our perceptions. If we change, the control systems can no longer hold our attention.

Quote Tryptamine Hallucinogens & Consciousness:
    Presented: Esalen Institute, Big Sur CA.
    December 1982

"The search for a radio signal from an extraterrestrial source is probably as culture-bound an assumption as to search the galaxy for a good Italian restaurant."

"It is no great accomplishment to hear a voice in the head. The accomplishment is to make sure it is telling you the truth."

"The demons are of many kinds. Some are made of ions, some of mind. The ones of ketamine, you'll find, stutter often and are blind."

"There is no dignity in the universe unless you meet these things [psychedelics] on your feet. And that means that you have an I/thou relationship, and you say ... 'you're long on talk, but what can you show me?"

"The testimony that I want to give today is that magic is alive in hyperspace, and you don't have to believe me or follow me or do anything to validate that except form a relationship with these plant drugs."

"There is some surety that you are dealing with a creature of integrity if you deal with a plant, but the creatures born in the demonic artifice of laboratories have to be dealt with very, very carefully."

"DMT is like an intellectual black hole in that once you know about it, it's very hard for anyone to understand you when you're talking about it."

"The future is bound to be psychedelic because the future belongs to the mind."

"The tragedy of our cultural situation is that we have no shamanic tradition. Shamanism is primarily technique, not ritual."

"The only intellectual, or noetic, or spiritual path worth following seems to me to be the one that builds on your own experience."

Audio: http://www.matrixmasters.net/salon/

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

earthdreamer (17th December 2019), mountain_jim (15th December 2019), RogeRio (13th December 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,776 times in 451 posts

I see a pattern with friends that seek out Ritual (with Plants) after Ritual, trying to squeeze more insight out of it or getting back to that first time.

Looks like a subtle addiction paved with flowery words and images.

I'm a fan though of getting peeks into other dimensions with some herbal help but then working on establishing that connection via my own effort.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Delight (13th December 2019), mountain_jim (15th December 2019), RogeRio (13th December 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Paul Stamets was a friend of Terrence Mckenna and thinks the Stoned Ape Hypothesis is worthy of consideration for "epigenetic neurogeneisis". The ingestion of mushrooms is possibly an encounter with an elder intelligence.

Quote Psilocybin and the Mycology of Consciousness”Date this lecture was recorded: March 21, 2019.

[NOTE: All quotations are by Paul Stamets.]

“As we reach down and we find a mushroom, we have a Eureka moment that as we touch the mushroom we are touching a portal into an underground network of wisdom.”

“In a single cubic inch of soil there can be more than eight miles of mycelium.”

“Mushrooms had their form well before we had ours. These are ancestral organisms. These are not just miscellaneous little fungi growing on the ground. These are elders. These are ancient individuals. These are bastions of knowledge. Encyclopedic in their history of evolution.”

“[Consuming psilocybin mushrooms] would be a shared community experience. And it wouldn’t happen one time. It wouldn’t happen ten times. It would happen millions upon millions upon millions of times over millions of years. Circumstantially, you cannot deny the possibility that the constant ingestion of magic mushrooms would have an impact on the evolution of human consciousness.”
    podcast
    Podcast 620 – “Psilocybin and the Mycology of Consciousness”
    Posted on August 26, 2019 by Lorenzo

microdosing formula on page related to podcast.

Another awe inspiring talk by Paul Stamets on mushrooms (organisms which have a confluence of many beneficial attributes) and how mushrooms have given human beings a "leg up" in many ways.

Last edited by Delight; 13th December 2019 at 18:46.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

leavesoftrees (14th December 2019), mountain_jim (15th December 2019), RogeRio (13th December 2019), Strat (16th December 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

they will alter the bedrock on which we base our perceptions.
    surely can alter, but the way of using substances usually can damage neurons that are not recovered.

Damage to the body is known to cause altered states of consciousness, and during life some neurons are lost.

Each individual reacts differently, but damaging neurons is certainly not good for the nervous system.

The results are unpredictable. I guess, almost the refusal comes because of this undeniable risk.

28. Link to Post #15
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

----------Removed-----------
    Last edited by MorningFox; 14th December 2019 at 09:28.

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rogparan (here)
    they will alter the bedrock on which we base our perceptions.
    surely can alter, but the way of using substances usually can damage neurons that are not recovered.

Damage to the body is known to cause altered states of consciousness, and during life some neurons are lost.

Each individual reacts differently, but damaging neurons is certainly not good for the nervous system.

The results are unpredictable. I guess, almost the refusal comes because of this undeniable risk.
    I certainly think that approaching LSD with deep respect is necessary and as I have said, I have not used it.

HOWEVER, considering that everything has potential harm, I am convinced that it should not be legislated. I think that from my own research, if all these substances were legal, there would be no more harm generally and more discretion particularly. AND it may actually cause the stimulation of neurons

Quote There’s no evidence to support the claim that LSD kills brain cells. If anything, it might actually promote their growth, but this hasn’t been shown in humans yet.

That said, LSD is a powerful substance that can lead to some frightening experiences. In addition, if you already have a mental health condition or risk factors for psychosis, you’re more likely to experience some potentially distressing effects afterward.How LSD Affects Your Brain
    Funny how youtube gives us different suggestions according to searches

Listening to this tonight

Last edited by Delight; 16th December 2019 at 02:37.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

mountain_jim (16th December 2019), RogeRio (16th December 2019)

31. Link to Post #17
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

AND it may actually cause the stimulation of neurons
    yes, the principle its stimulation but even so, there are "health" limits to doing this, if you also think that over-super-hyper or "sistematic" combined stimulations, can damage or impair the functioning of the kidneys or liver, which are responsible for detoxifying the body.

I think your approach is open-minded, off course respecting individuals Free Will. Banning a substance attracts more interest and curiosity than informing the risks.

So, for example, pure LSD you will virtually never find it to consume, because it is mixed with other substances, like amphetamines, that I imagine providing more body energy while the main drug give a psychic (or hallucinogenic) effect. Regarding that basis, people can dance over-night and get body aches for three days (or more).

Another look of use of stimulants, you can see super athletes doping to win more medals. Even those who do not dope themselves when they overdo themselves suffer a lot of damage, some of which may even prevent them from continuing their career. I agree that this is all statistical, and we do not have much information about it. Its understandable because each organism reacts differently.

Similarly, each psyche and brain also react differently. The circumstances of each experience are always different.

Conscious and controlled use of any drug (or poison) to cause health improvements, whether psychic or mental, is seen as medicine, but even in good medicine it is important not to be addicted or dependent on the medicine. And also need to take into account side (toxic) effects and other undesirable ones. Like muscles, the nervous system must rest, and neurons, if damaged, do not regenerate.

When and how neurons die, it is not known for certain. Some substances, such as LSD are mixed with others, and there are cases that are other substances use the name just to sell. Stricnin has already been sold as LSD, but it is a very powerful poison, which in low doses causes hallucination, just like LSD.

Regard that in medicin, we get some venons that the human body tolerates, but that other undesirable organisms perish at certain degrees of concentration.

Even energetically it is possible to improve ourselves without taking any medicine. Only by working on own (natural) energies we can improve adrenaline, serotonin, testosterone, etc, without any other substance than normal diet, rest and exercise habits. Not kidding!

please, look at this (2min:20sec) video. If you like it, search about Vibrational State

Last edited by RogeRio; 16th December 2019 at 12:17.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

mountain_jim (16th December 2019)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

AND it may actually cause the stimulation of neurons
    yes, the principle its stimulation but even so, there are "health" limits to doing this, if you also think that over-super-hyper or "sistematic" combined stimulations, can damage or impair the functioning of the kidneys or liver, which are responsible for detoxifying the body.

I think your approach is open-minded, off course respecting individuals Free Will. Banning a substance attracts more interest and curiosity than informing the risks.

So, for example, pure LSD you will virtually never find it to consume, because it is mixed with other substances, like amphetamines, that I imagine providing more body energy while the main drug give a psychic (or hallucinogenic) effect. Regarding that basis, people can dance over-night and get body aches for three days (or more).

Another look of use of stimulants, you can see super athletes doping to win more medals. Even those who do not dope themselves when they overdo themselves suffer a lot of damage, some of which may even prevent them from continuing their career. I agree that this is all statistical, and we do not have much information about it. Its understandable because each organism reacts differently.

Similarly, each psyche and brain also react differently. The circumstances of each experience are always different.

Conscious and controlled use of any drug (or poison) to cause health improvements, whether psychic or mental, is seen as medicine, but even in good medicine it is important not to be addicted or dependent on the medicine. And also need to take into account side (toxic) effects and other undesirable ones. Like muscles, the nervous system must rest, and neurons, if damaged, do not regenerate.

When and how neurons die, it is not known for certain. Some substances, such as LSD are mixed with others, and there are cases that are other substances use the name just to sell. Stricnin has already been sold as LSD, but it is a very powerful poison, which in low doses causes hallucination, just like LSD.

Regard that in medicin, we get some venons that the human body tolerates, but that other undesirable organisms perish at certain degrees of concentration.

Even energetically it is possible to improve ourselves without taking any medicine. Only by working on own (natural) energies we can improve adrenaline, serotonin, testosterone, etc, without any other substance than normal diet, rest and exercise habits. Not kidding!

please, look at this (2min:20sec) video. If you like it, search about Vibrational State

I am very interested in the implications of OOB experience and NDE experience. I plan to go to Monroe Institute to William Buhlman's seminar next year.
    In the documentary that I posted (and IMO was interesting

Using ayahausca was compared to gradual techniques of breath work, mediation and others

Imagine enclosed in a block of ice where you literally are frozen in place.

Breathwork etc. used on a regular basis will be like the sun that thaws the block of ice and gradually one will "warm up" and be able to move freely.
    Ayahausca (and others) are like having a sledge hammer used to shatter the ice.

In the first analogy, one will work quite awhile with no visible change. IMO that is why people being around gurus helps keep the eye on the "prize"
    In the second analogy, one will have to deal with the consequences of sudden freedom...

Is the first not enough change to keep one form slipping into denial?
    Is the second one too much shattering of denial and too overwhelming?

One needs informed consent as you noted! One needs the TRUTH about where we have been (frozen) and where we could BE (freely moving).
    The status quo desperately needs the freeze. The future IMO desperately needs the thaw.

Much has been said about the "needs of the collective" over individual rights in regards to vaccination which assumes that individuals who are NOT vaccinated are the CAUSE of infection. This is so WAY OFF in logic but IMO is based on an idea... WE are many in ONE.

IMO in reality, what the collective needs is REAL herd immunity based on GETTING THE INFECTION and having natural immunity for life and passable to infants with all that entails. The dealing individually with infection IS FOR THE GOOD OF THE COLLECTIVE.

IMO I relate the NEED to collectively thaw form the immobilized trauma in which we are blocked ONE by ONE in the same way.

SO IMO I would recommend whatever it TAKES to bring a significant number of people to awareness of who and what is truly of value. IMO the plant medicines and the consciounsess of "whatever it is" that is apparent in using tryptamines.

IMO we are desperate because we have been traumatized to the maximum of what can sustain a species.

End of rant. My mind is open but I think I know the truth. Is that paradoxical?
    Last edited by Delight; 16th December 2019 at 21:18.

34. Link to Post #19
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

I am very interested in the implications of OOB experience and NDE experience.
    if all goes well, it's that you'll find in "these rituals". The difference is that in "these circumstances", you will also be numb, that is, not fully conscious.

Quote Using ayahausca was compared to gradual techniques of breath work, mediation and others
    the north america shamanism use mescalin (from cactus), and can do the same

everything is ritualistic to get in trance, to look something in low astral planes.

The best you can expect from this experience will be like a forced lucid dream, not a conscious projection. The difference here is that later the organism becomes intoxicated.

Quote My mind is open but I think I know the truth. Is that paradoxical?
    Universe is Mutatis Mutantis, so the truth is relative (to mutantis)
    and the (free individual) evolution pass through this way.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 17th December 2019 at 01:45.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Delight (17th December 2019)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Universe is Mutatis Mutantis, so the truth is relative (to mutantis)
    and the (free individual) evolution pass through this way.
    Do I grok that you mean that until one reaches a state beyond an astral plane, the truth is relative?

"Mutatis mutandis is a Medieval Latin phrase meaning "having changed what needs to be changed" or "once the necessary changes have been made"

I do love William Buhlman as a wayshower. I especially have listened well to this lecture. His attitude is that belief is a multi-level issue. What one believes is actually what determines what we can experience. But he suggests we can really benefit form exploring with "no philosophy"....

Last edited by Delight; 17th December 2019 at 02:04.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast