+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The action reaction fake news / real news, info dilemma

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default The action reaction fake news / real news, info dilemma

DR Paul Craig Roberts posted today/
    If There Is No Global Warming from Whatever the Cause, What Is the Explanation for the Decline of Fisheries and Death of Sea Birds?

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/201...-of-sea-birds/

I asked my friend Dr Ron P, PHD in chemical science, who is trying to help me think clearly , what his thoughts were on it?

His reply is below.

"With the election year upon us, you are going to see lots of fake news. Examine the longer term issue": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collap...st_cod_fishery

///

I know so many people so tied to their beliefs about what this or that is. Its so deep that their ego identity is dependent on it. I have a friend out there so tied to the global warming mission that she will not even look at anything alt to it.
    We all need to slow down and hit the reset button on our thinking.
    What we know, versus what we believe is important to understand. Im certainly trying.

Happy Holidays to all, and strap on the seat belt for this years holiday dinner conversation

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Axman (12th December 2019), Bill Ryan (10th December 2019), Gracy (11th December 2019), Ioneo (10th December 2019), Ol' Roy (11th December 2019), RogeRio (10th December 2019), Sadieblue (11th December 2019), Tintin (11th December 2019), Valerie Villars (11th December 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Default Re: The action reaction fake news / real news, info dilemma

I think one important set of data that can not be put aside this discussion, is plancton records

follow an excerpt to understand the issue. I did not post the graph here because (PNG img) fits "too Big", so please, click link to see more.

Quote The higher abundance of rod-shaped phytoplankton may indicate that this long, thin growth form with its high surface-to-volume ratio was favored under conditions of low nutrient availability in ocean surface waters. The high numbers of small copepods are an indication that the warm winter and spring water temperatures could have triggered reproduction earlier in the season than usual and allowed for multiple generations, thus high productivity, throughout the season.

These changes in the plankton community may have affected the growth and survival of animals at higher levels in the food web in a variety of ways. Rod-shaped diatoms could have had a different nutritional value than the centric-shaped phytoplankton. In addition, even though small copepods were numerous, they would be available to predators for a shorter amount of time compared to larger copepods that store energy-rich lipids necessary for overwintering.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 11th December 2019 at 10:34.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

thepainterdoug (11th December 2019), Tintin (11th December 2019), Valerie Villars (11th December 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: The action reaction fake news / real news, info dilemma

Rogparan / thanks for the article. this certainly shouldn't be ignored. amazing the chain of events from the smallest of living things. many factors need be evaluated and conclusions need to be held at bay.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

RogeRio (11th December 2019), Tintin (11th December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread