Thread: Some questions for any time traveler

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Default Re: Some questions for any time traveler

Star Mariner, you are good at this. Are you sure you belong here????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amor For This Post:

Mashika (28th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

Default Re: Some questions for any time traveler

This was a really interesting read; ironically, Star Mariner doesn't seem influenced by main stream Time Travel entertainment. I think some of his answers are typical and some are vague, but I understand his justifications and I would be too influenced by my immersion in the entertainment aspects of time travel; nor would I have the patience for so many questions. A few of my favourites answer many of these questions.

H.G. Wells 'The Time Machine' was published in 1895 and is a must read. Not to mention Doctor Who, or the Star Trek Temporal Agency. There are rules and protections for the observer; however, Doctor Who routinely protects the earth from extra-terrestrial adversaries and often affects the timeline. The TARDIS protects him and his companions from any biological issues regarding illness or viruses and consequently the time and space they are visiting.

One of the scariest movies regarding time travel imo, is Looper. Absolutely terrifying the negative aspects of time travel. What people are willing to do to achieve horrifying goals.

I find as I observe old photographs, that the common denominator is people are people. Most everything changes around people and many people resist change. They tend to have the same ideals, goals, and experiences over time. History repeats itself a little too often, imo and you can see the past in the present. You can also drive the future from the present; as all decisions are made in the present.

One of my favourite futuristic movies is Gattaca. Brilliant from 1997.

As much as I am a fan of time travel, humanity isn't ready for it. We are still taking baby steps in Space.
    Last edited by JackMcThorn; 4th May 2021 at 16:40.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

ClearWater (4th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4